The Big Relationship Thread

Drop by and talk about anything you want. This is where all cheese-related discussions should go
Bebop Man
First Video: The Pirate Video

Re: The Big Relationship Thread

Postby Bebop Man » 17 Nov 2013, 21:15

Sounds like a plan mon.
Tycherin
First Video: The Lich King's New Wrath

Postby Tycherin » 17 Nov 2013, 22:22

Don't be mildly nervous. Be confident or be an utter wreck, but either way, commit. I want to see you either stride into that room with your chest held high and a cocky grin on your face, or melt into a pile of tears and jitters in the corner. Don't just be halfway in between.
Avistew
First Video: Can't remember

Postby Avistew » 17 Nov 2013, 22:50

I actually do really like talking about a movie we've both seen over food or gaming. I just have no need to see the movie together at the same time first.

I enjoy discussing books as well but I don't expect us to read the same book at the same time, turning the pages together. I know to many people it's different, but to me it's the same thing: I'd much rather go see the movie separately (at the same time or not) then meet up (that's when the date starts) and discuss it.

In some cases I also like going to see different movies so each person can tell the other about the one they saw.
Check out my webcomic, The Meddlers! (Currently not updating)
Lyinginbedmon
First Video: BioShocked

Postby Lyinginbedmon » 19 Nov 2013, 10:33

A determination has been made that we will venture into a place known as "The Blacksmith" where she will attempt to corrupt me.

I think that means a fun evening.
Morgan wrote:Lyinginbedmon is short, but he makes up for it in awesomeness
Drecon
First Video: Ransom

Postby Drecon » 20 Nov 2013, 06:48

Gj Lying :)
"if it ain't shiny, rub it on your hiney"
Lyinginbedmon
First Video: BioShocked

Postby Lyinginbedmon » 20 Nov 2013, 18:11

So. It was cold. Very cold. Very unremittingly, bone-chillingly, cold. Which made my decision to forgo a jumper and hoody in favour of a t-shirt and wafer thin jacket for the purpose of looking more stylish than Arctic Explorer rather foolish I admit, but I did alright despite the cold.

Until it started raining. Heavily.

The plan was that we'd meet up by a small clock in the village center then head to the nearby Blacksmith pub for drinks and conversation. I arrived roughly on time after a 30 minute walk from the train station to the clock, and then had to wait quite some time (she later told me she was running late at work), growing all the more paranoid over time, for her to make her appearance. Having only seen one photo of her beforehand there was more than one random passerby that raised my hopes and rapidly dashed them.

I texted her to let her know I'd taken shelter in a chip shop just to the side of the clock and awaited her eventual arrival, which I noted quite swiftly since she stopped in her tracks and, after a moment or two of studying me, it became rather obvious we'd finally found one another. Forgoing introductions for the moment we took shelter in the pub and waited for our limbs to regain sensations beyond pain.

Simply put she's fascinating.

We talked about all manner of things, often with our own levels of foreknowledge about them, from Dante's Inferno to the Irish Troubles, to modern prosthetics. We talked about our siblings, our mad families, and a great many other topics inbetween. Barely a breath went by without us talking about something, it was fantastic.

She smokes, which I admit isn't ideal, but she is trying to cut back and stated that she only remotely chain smokes after busy days at work (as was the case today, she smoked three cigarettes while we were talking and I joined her in the doorway for the latter two). Overall I think the downside of her smoking is far and away overruled by her conversational ability and genuine interest in all the stuff I have to say.

I had to leave after a couple hours to catch my train home, where the rain had not remotely let up. We said our goodbyes, and I heard naught from her in pretty much the entire span of my relentless trek through the icy downpour to the train station.

Then she sent me the message "Thanks for coming through", and my response was that despite all the hardship thrown our way today I couldn't see any reason I wouldn't.

Next time I'll check the weather forecast ahead of time.
Morgan wrote:Lyinginbedmon is short, but he makes up for it in awesomeness
Fezzul
First Video: Toothy Smile

Postby Fezzul » 20 Nov 2013, 19:00

Nice one, mon
-----------------------------------------
And that's the news. Skeptics remain skeptical.
Laurnil
First Video: Cannot remember

Postby Laurnil » 22 Nov 2013, 10:53

Ugh? Why is everyone against smoking? Can't I have one nasty habit? I'm allowed not to be perfect, right?
Laurnil

http://www.twitter.com/laurnil

FYI: Laurnil is short for Laura Nichelle
Merrymaker_Mortalis
First Video: ENN's First Episode on Escapist

Postby Merrymaker_Mortalis » 22 Nov 2013, 11:21

The smell :<
Master Gunner
Defending us from The Dutch!
First Video: How To Talk Like A Pirate

Postby Master Gunner » 22 Nov 2013, 11:27

The smell in confined spaces. Outside, I only mind the smell because it makes me itch for a smoke of my own.
TheRocket wrote:Apparently the crotch area could not contain the badonkadonk area.
Twitter | Click here to join the Desert Bus Community Chat.
The Jester
First Video: The Truce

Postby The Jester » 22 Nov 2013, 11:30

Why not aim for perfection? It'll help immensely with your breathing, too, you know. Maybe start the change by switching to e-cigarette?
Elomin Sha
First Video: Max Effect

Postby Elomin Sha » 22 Nov 2013, 11:49

Cigarette smoke upsets my stomach, and if I have an empty stomach it's a lot worse for me. I also lived in a pub as a kid too.
The most unique, nicest, and confusing individual you will get to know. Don't be stupid around me, that's my job.
https://displate.com/elominsha/galleries
If you need art, I take commissions, PM me.
My pseudonym is Ix
First Video: Canadian Girlfriend

Postby My pseudonym is Ix » 22 Nov 2013, 12:04

I don't mind people who smoke, and in fact two of my best friends do, but put it this way: when outside, I try to sit upwind of them.
"Let us think the unthinkable, let us do the undoable, let us prepare to grapple with the ineffable itself, and see if we may not Image it after all."
JustAName
First Video: Rapidfire I
Location: The Land of Unbearably Fashionable People and Lots of Cars

Postby JustAName » 22 Nov 2013, 12:07

I get rather resentful of what I see as people around me damaging my lungs when I work so hard to keep them good :/
Alja-Markir wrote:Andy is the LRR Heart-throb.
Morgan is the LRR Crotch-throb.

And all I can do is read a book to stay awake. And it rips my life away, but it's a great escape.

Elomin Sha

Postby Elomin Sha » 22 Nov 2013, 12:11

I have been tempted to invest in an oxygen mask if I was with people who smoked.
The most unique, nicest, and confusing individual you will get to know. Don't be stupid around me, that's my job.
Laurnil

Postby Laurnil » 22 Nov 2013, 12:13

I HATE THOSE E-CIGS!!! I will not get into my visceral hate of those things, but they haven't done studies on them. They could be worse! But, why do I have to be perfect? Not a single guy I've gone out with has been perfect and they didn't have a problem with not being perfect. Why can't it be the same for me.

Also...I'm well aware of the health effects, thank you, and I accept them readily.
Laurnil

Laurnil

Postby Laurnil » 22 Nov 2013, 12:14

Also, I'm very thoughtful about my second hand smoke.
Laurnil

Elomin Sha

Postby Elomin Sha » 22 Nov 2013, 12:16

I knew one person who wasn't and would light up in front of me and I would give them a death stare and walk away. When asked why I was going: "You're making me leave the conversation because I hate smoking and you know it."
The Jester
First Video: The Truce

Postby The Jester » 22 Nov 2013, 12:19

Laurnil wrote:I HATE THOSE E-CIGS!!! I will not get into my visceral hate of those things, but they haven't done studies on them. They could be worse! But, why do I have to be perfect? Not a single guy I've gone out with has been perfect and they didn't have a problem with not being perfect. Why can't it be the same for me.

Also...I'm well aware of the health effects, thank you, and I accept them readily.

Ah fair enough. I wasn't advocating perfection on behalf of potential partners, by the way. I realise we're in the Big Relationship Thread, but I was more just thinking if you're so close to perfection anyway why not get there for yourself? ;)
Laurnil

Postby Laurnil » 22 Nov 2013, 12:19

Yes, and that person is a dick, which I think is a much bigger problem than being a smoker.
Laurnil

Laurnil

Postby Laurnil » 22 Nov 2013, 12:27

The Jester wrote:
Laurnil wrote:I HATE THOSE E-CIGS!!! I will not get into my visceral hate of those things, but they haven't done studies on them. They could be worse! But, why do I have to be perfect? Not a single guy I've gone out with has been perfect and they didn't have a problem with not being perfect. Why can't it be the same for me.

Ah fair enough. I wasn't advocating perfection on behalf of potential partners, by the way. I realise we're in the Big Relationship Thread, but I was more just thinking if you're so close to perfection anyway why not get there for yourself? ;)

I need a few flaws. Being perfect is tiring. ;)
Laurnil

Darkobra
First Video: ISC: Goat Penis

Postby Darkobra » 22 Nov 2013, 12:37

The smell. The fact that I have problems with my lungs which I've had since birth and the smoke actually gives me infections. The waste of money and the fact that nobody is born actually needing to smoke anything, ever.

You can justify alcohol but you can't justify burning leaves and inhaling the smoke and blowing 80% of it back into the air around you for everyone else to inhale.
Lyinginbedmon wrote:You are clearly some form of incorporeal undead.
Like a vampire.
But with knives.
Fezzul
First Video: Toothy Smile

Postby Fezzul » 22 Nov 2013, 12:42

I actually don't mind smoking, and I kind of like the smell a lot of the time.

I would never smoke myself, but other people have made the decision, so it's not my job to deal with it, it's theirs. I only mind of they smoke around children.
-----------------------------------------
And that's the news. Skeptics remain skeptical.
Duckay
First Video: Man Cooking

Postby Duckay » 22 Nov 2013, 14:33

I'm kind of iffy on that. Sure, no one is born needing to smoke, but no one is born needing to do a great many things that have potential negative impacts on our lives that we do anyway.

The counter argument to this, of course, is that smoking has a more negative impact on other people than other bad habits that someone might have, or that the negative impacts on themselves are more extreme than a lot of other bad habits. Those are fair.

At the end of the day, I don't love smoking. Not many people do. But I respect that there are reasons people smoke (often, started young and can't kick the habit) and I don't really begrudge them that.
Deedles
First Video: Man Cooking

Postby Deedles » 22 Nov 2013, 15:38

When I smoked I went through great efforts to not smoke around people who didn't and wished not to be doused in smoke. Oh, and never around children. People who smoke around children need to be socked one.
Hurp-De-Durp!

Return to “General Discussion”