The Big Relationship Thread

Drop by and talk about anything you want. This is where all cheese-related discussions should go
Lyinginbedmon
First Video: BioShocked

The Big Relationship Thread

Postby Lyinginbedmon » 16 Oct 2009, 08:05

But this time, I think I'll try and admin the forum a bit and say:

Everyone can use this thread to discuss their relationship, attempts at getting one, and whatnot.

In otherwords, this is a general thread for discussion of dating in all it's forms. Should help curb all the threads we have around here.
Last edited by Lyinginbedmon on 26 Oct 2009, 18:18, edited 1 time in total.
Morgan wrote:Lyinginbedmon is short, but he makes up for it in awesomeness
Machalllewis
First Video: Ways to Stay Awake

Re: Yet Another Relationship Thread

Postby Machalllewis » 16 Oct 2009, 08:09

Who wants relationships these days? I just found a guy on youtube who is uploading all the Argumentals as they are released. If you can tell me how some lass can improve upon that and my own right hand then I would be very suprised.

At least this way I got the whole duvet to myself.
Nothing to see here.
Gordon Fearman
First Video: Three PS3s
Location: Time and space. Anything more specific tends to vary.

Postby Gordon Fearman » 16 Oct 2009, 08:46

I'm only aware of one relationship thread, and I thought that was doing well.
"When I feel my friends have been conspiring against me, I break into their bedrooms and I write in their diaries."

(PM me if this pic is too big.)
Lyinginbedmon

Postby Lyinginbedmon » 16 Oct 2009, 10:15

So I've only had one girlfriend so far, a friend I'd known for 3 years. We broke up on amicable and mutual terms around June and currently attend the same Uni and still hang out.

Meanwhile, I've recently been introduced to two girls. They're both pretty big geeks and pretty smart and funny and pretty, well, pretty.

So I asked one of them (J) out on a dinner date Monday night. Near as I could tell on the phone, she liked the idea.

According to the housemate that introduced me to both however, she doesn't want to go on the date, partially because she fought I was interested in the other (R). He's even provided text message evidence.

The awkward thing for me is I actually like them both about the same amount. I've just spent more time with J and R recently had a wierd "break" situation with her boyfriend and I'm unsure how it's being resolved. They're both attractive geeky girls who aren't that much taller than me.

So...did I pick the wrong one or do I somehow try and sway the one I picked?
goat

Postby goat » 16 Oct 2009, 10:36

Lyinginbedmon wrote:So I've only had one girlfriend so far, a friend I'd known for 3 years. We broke up on amicable and mutual terms around June and currently attend the same Uni and still hang out.

Meanwhile, I've recently been introduced to two girls. They're both pretty big geeks and pretty smart and funny and pretty, well, pretty.

So I asked one of them (J) out on a dinner date Monday night. Near as I could tell on the phone, she liked the idea.

According to the housemate that introduced me to both however, she doesn't want to go on the date, partially because she fought I was interested in the other (R). He's even provided text message evidence.

The awkward thing for me is I actually like them both about the same amount. I've just spent more time with J and R recently had a wierd "break" situation with her boyfriend and I'm unsure how it's being resolved. They're both attractive geeky girls who aren't that much taller than me.

So...did I pick the wrong one or do I somehow try and sway the one I picked?

Why didn't you just start your thread with this, Lying?

Anyway:

If she doesn't want to go, don't try and force things. If you're equally attracted to them it shouldn't matter which you go out with anyways, right? So take the one that would actually want to go.
Matt
LRR Crew

Postby Matt » 16 Oct 2009, 10:39

1. going on a date with one does not mean you cannot also go on a date with the oter.

2. going on the date with the first one may actually make the second one more interested in you.

3. don't second guess your choices.

4. if the first one isn't interested, go for the second one - do't hum and haw about it.

-m

I am not angry at you.
Machalllewis

Postby Machalllewis » 16 Oct 2009, 10:41

Wow, Matt suprisngly cut-throat and forthright in his dealings with the fairer sex.
Nothing to see here.
Matt
LRR Crew

Postby Matt » 16 Oct 2009, 10:43

lol, hardly - just because I can see the course of action, doen't mean I abide by it.

:p

-m

I am not angry at you.
Lorithad

Postby Lorithad » 16 Oct 2009, 10:47

Women are crazy. Men are stupid. Remember these words.

Lyinginbedmon, I had a similar experience. Two geeky girls, good friends to each other. Ended up dating one and not the other because I thought i'd be more compatible with her. And I maintain that decision. However, things do not work out when you're stuck in the middle of two people that like you/you like. She broke up with me a short time after the relationship started. I can only assume to protect the pre-existing friendship. Never really got a straight answer out of her.

As far as my relationship attempt since? Pretty much nill.
Its a hard life for a geeky atheist who doesn't want kids, doesn't smoke, and doesn't do drugs.
Matt wrote:Lorithad, you should be ashamed of yourself. You are bad, and you should feel bad.
Machalllewis

Postby Machalllewis » 16 Oct 2009, 10:50

Matt wrote:lol, hardly - just because I can see the course of action, doen't mean I abide by it.

Haha. Yeah I know what you mean dude. You can identify the door that says "Confident, cool and interesting" but for some reason you keep stumbling into the one saying "Nervous, clumsy and generally a dork."

Thats not you specifically btw.
Nothing to see here.
Arius
First Video: Max Effect

Postby Arius » 16 Oct 2009, 10:59

Go after the first one. Don't put too much effort in it, but go after her. You really don't need to put yourself in the position of dealing with the drama of a girl who is still into her ex. Trust me, that only ends in unhappiness all around.
H̼̮̖͓̻ͮ̀ͬ̓e̟̦͉̾̔̀ͣ͆̄ ͚̤̈̉ͦ̎ͭ̚c̰̠͚̜̹ͪ̐̎̃ͅo̗͌͛ͥ͑m̍ͬͥ̚e͍̱̲̤͚̹͔͛s͚̱̤͚̲̭̗̃̎ͭ̚.̘̫̖̮̠͒̔.̝̹̟̳͚̂̆̋͌̐̚.̬͓̰̃̑
goat

Postby goat » 16 Oct 2009, 11:20

Arius wrote:Go after the first one. Don't put too much effort in it, but go after her. You really don't need to put yourself in the position of dealing with the drama of a girl who is still into her ex. Trust me, that only ends in unhappiness all around.

Good point. Can I change my answer?
Kdz
First Video: Son of a Bitch

Postby Kdz » 16 Oct 2009, 11:27

Lorithad wrote:Women are crazy. Men are stupid. Remember these words.

I've been saying this exact thing for several years, and I've yet to be proven wrong. I'm not saying exceptions aren't out there, but damn I haven't met them. My current lady is as crazy as they come, and I say a lot of really stupid things. So I'm not immune either.
Lyinginbedmon

Postby Lyinginbedmon » 16 Oct 2009, 11:34

goat wrote:Why didn't you just start your thread with this, Lying?

Figured I'd try and kill two birds with one stone.
TomBrend
First Video: long long ago...

Postby TomBrend » 16 Oct 2009, 11:39

Lyinginbedmon wrote:
goat wrote:Why didn't you just start your thread with this, Lying?

Figured I'd try and kill two birds with one stone.

...so to speak.
Cade Antilles
First Video: Man Cooking - The Gigantor

Postby Cade Antilles » 16 Oct 2009, 12:27

Matt wrote:1. going on a date with one does not mean you cannot also go on a date with the oter.

2. going on the date with the first one may actually make the second one more interested in you.

4. if the first one isn't interested, go for the second one - do't hum and haw about it.

-m

I think Matt nailed this one on the head.
"May the Force rock you!"

Professional Procrastinators - Insuring a better tomorrow, by having more fun today!
TomBrend
First Video: long long ago...

Postby TomBrend » 16 Oct 2009, 12:32

If you nailed it on the head, you'd be attempting to put a nail into a nail, as the "on the head" refers to the head of a nail... Just saying.

P.S. Not angry, just being helpful... or a dick. Sorry.
korri
First Video: I honestly can't remember...

Postby korri » 16 Oct 2009, 12:36

Cade Antilles wrote:
Matt wrote:1. going on a date with one does not mean you cannot also go on a date with the oter.

-m

I think Matt nailed this one on the head.

As a girl who has been the "second" one it kind of sucks because all you see is that the guy didn't get the one he wanted so he is settling for the other.

Thats just my opinion.
Hello world, remember me? I'm the sad little fuck that you failed to see, who you should have recognized When you had the chance. Hello motherfuckers now its time to dance

my photos! => http://korrinn.deviantart.com
gcninja

Postby gcninja » 16 Oct 2009, 13:09

sit down with both and talk about it? or you can date the other and try and get both opinions
EJ wrote:Lyinginbedmon, I'm looking forward to when Paul or Graham reset your & Elomin's post count back to zero. If you keep it up it's bound to happen =p

Noblesse Oblige
Buksvager!
Theremin
First Video: A girl must have some secrets.

Postby Theremin » 16 Oct 2009, 13:10

With me, the problem of asking someone out is usually tempered by how much I enjoy their company normally.
The last thing I want to do is make a friend-relationship awkward, and a spurned advance seems the most likely event to cause that.
Lyinginbedmon

Postby Lyinginbedmon » 16 Oct 2009, 13:17

korri wrote:As a girl who has been the "second" one it kind of sucks because all you see is that the guy didn't get the one he wanted so he is settling for the other.

Thats just my opinion.

Yeah, that's one of the problems I considered.

It's not exactly easy though to explain to J that the I picked her based on a pro/con list...
Matt
LRR Crew

Postby Matt » 16 Oct 2009, 14:03

I SUCK.

Holy crap I suck.

Bumped into cute work girl, alone, in the mail room. She turned, smiled, tossed her hair and said "hi."

I said "Hi," and smiled, then collected my mail, and left.

MAN, I SUCK.

-m

I am not angry at you.
Matt
LRR Crew

Postby Matt » 16 Oct 2009, 14:04

and before anyone comes in here giving me advice, I am fully aware of how that should have gone. I'm just a fucking moron, and did n't realize it til I was on my way back up the stairs.

-m

I am not angry at you.
Matt
LRR Crew

Postby Matt » 16 Oct 2009, 14:05

FFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU-

-m

I am not angry at you.
theDreamer
First Video: Quantum Documentary

Postby theDreamer » 16 Oct 2009, 14:07

Matt: might I suggest counseling?

It might help with the rage, if not the idioticy (not that I'm one to talk. My girlfriend asked me out, not the other way around).
I can put my hands in my head, and I can laugh it in the face.

Return to “General Discussion”