The Big Relationship Thread

Drop by and talk about anything you want. This is where all cheese-related discussions should go
TheRocket
First Video: Those Games That We Played

Re: The Big Relationship Thread

Postby TheRocket » 28 Oct 2011, 05:44

Lyinginbedmon wrote:Mischievously set a time control up on my router to kick my fair maiden's laptop from the Internet between 10 PM and 2 AM. Certainly resulted in fun times since it meant she had little to do on the Internet and has been spending untold hours recently perusing various meme blogs.

Wait... you... cut your girlfriends internet off secretly so you could get her to spend time with you (and possibly fool around with you if that is what you mean by fun times) ...Seriously? Am I reading this right?

That deeply disturbs me.
Last edited by TheRocket on 28 Oct 2011, 05:46, edited 1 time in total.
Walk in like DeNiro, and leave like Brando.

You're living proof that Darwin was a moron.
TheRocket

Postby TheRocket » 28 Oct 2011, 05:46

TomBrend wrote:So, my 1 year anniversary with my beautiful amazing girlfriend is next week. Hooray!

Huzzah! Congrats! I hope you guys have fun and try not to get hit by a car full of black men dukes of hazzarding off the interstate!

Metcarfre
First Video: Not Applicable

Postby Metcarfre » 28 Oct 2011, 06:29

TheRocket wrote:
Lyinginbedmon wrote:Mischievously set a time control up on my router to kick my fair maiden's laptop from the Internet between 10 PM and 2 AM. Certainly resulted in fun times since it meant she had little to do on the Internet and has been spending untold hours recently perusing various meme blogs.

Wait... you... cut your girlfriends internet off secretly so you could get her to spend time with you (and possibly fool around with you if that is what you mean by fun times) ...Seriously? Am I reading this right?

That deeply disturbs me.

Same; sadly, it's par for the course.
auberginequeen
First Video: Rejected 'Get A Mac' Ads

Postby auberginequeen » 28 Oct 2011, 08:01

Was it like, a one-time "oh no the internet's out let's have fun together" sort of thing? Or were you planning on doing this regularly/never telling her about it?

Because if it's the former, I think I could understand that. One of those little surprise things where you guys take a break from the intertubes to have a romantic evening. Not as creepy as I think everyone is interpreting it to be.
Metcarfre
First Video: Not Applicable

Postby Metcarfre » 28 Oct 2011, 08:12

Because, lets be clear, the latter is effing creepy as hell.
Master Gunner
Defending us from The Dutch!
First Video: How To Talk Like A Pirate

Postby Master Gunner » 28 Oct 2011, 09:51

I was really hoping I was reading that wrong, since nobody else had commented on it. A one-time prank is fine and fun, but doing that regularly is sleazy as fuck.
TheRocket wrote:Apparently the crotch area could not contain the badonkadonk area.
Twitter | Click here to join the Desert Bus Community Chat.
TomBrend
First Video: long long ago...

Postby TomBrend » 28 Oct 2011, 09:51

That could be creepy creepy or a hilarious prank, depending on how you told her.

You did tell her, right?
madrak_the_red
First Video: Meatshroom

Postby madrak_the_red » 29 Oct 2011, 11:23

So I guess it turns out that the cool, geeky girl that I really get along with has a boyfriend.

Sigh
Keelah Se'lai
Digital Dolphin
First Video: Canada Man

Postby Digital Dolphin » 29 Oct 2011, 12:11

So the dinner went well last night, and she'd like to get together again :)
#TeamKroze
The Jester
First Video: The Truce

Postby The Jester » 29 Oct 2011, 13:14

Sorry to hear that, Madrak. :(

On DD's side of things; cool! :D

Side note; the fact that you both have the same avatar rather confused me for a moment. :P
madrak_the_red
First Video: Meatshroom

Postby madrak_the_red » 29 Oct 2011, 13:20

I probably should be changing that back...

And yeah, it's kind of lame. Not much one can do about, and no sense moping, I suppose.

Edit: ta-da
Keelah Se'lai
The Mimm
First Video: Omnilingual

Postby The Mimm » 29 Oct 2011, 13:47

Possible interest on my end, but I'm not pushing for anything. Although, opinions guys? What do we think are the key signs to differentiate between "friendly" and "flirty", if it's a guy talking to a girl?
Life's like a movie, write your own ending,
Keep believing, keep pretending
ThrashJazzAssassin
First Video: The Lich King's New Wrath

Postby ThrashJazzAssassin » 29 Oct 2011, 13:57

It can be almost impossible to tell if you don't know the guy that well. Different men will approach flirting in different ways.

Body language, and how much the guy continues to concentrate on you when other people enter the conversation, are probably the best indicators.

EDIT: Just to clarify, the "almost impossible" refers to situations when you're not sure and you're looking for extra indications. Sometimes, of course, it's blindingly obvious.
Last edited by ThrashJazzAssassin on 29 Oct 2011, 14:27, edited 1 time in total.
TheRocket

Postby TheRocket » 29 Oct 2011, 14:10

Master Gunner wrote:I was really hoping I was reading that wrong, since nobody else had commented on it. A one-time prank is fine and fun, but doing that regularly is sleazy as fuck.

Me too, I re read it about 4 times before I made a post on it.

TomBrend wrote:That could be creepy creepy or a hilarious prank, depending on how you told her.

You did tell her, right?

Exactly. If she was told a little while in that could be considered a cute way to say "hey let's spend some time together". But if not... then I refect thesentiments of the other posts.

Elomin Sha
First Video: Max Effect

Postby Elomin Sha » 29 Oct 2011, 14:23

The Mimm wrote:Possible interest on my end, but I'm not pushing for anything. Although, opinions guys? What do we think are the key signs to differentiate between "friendly" and "flirty", if it's a guy talking to a girl?

I have no idea. I can't tell if I'm unintentionally doing it or intentionally doing it or if someone is doing it to me.
The most unique, nicest, and confusing individual you will get to know. Don't be stupid around me, that's my job.
https://displate.com/elominsha/galleries
If you need art, I take commissions, PM me.
Wraith
First Video: Canadian Approval Board

Postby Wraith » 29 Oct 2011, 14:35

In other words, you thought she might want to do something else instead of spending time with, so you decided to force "force her hand" be secretly disabling her ability to do so.

Man. You are a winner.
-Wraith
The Mimm
First Video: Omnilingual

Postby The Mimm » 30 Oct 2011, 03:10

ThrashJazzAssassin wrote:It can be almost impossible to tell if you don't know the guy that well. Different men will approach flirting in different ways.

Body language, and how much the guy continues to concentrate on you when other people enter the conversation, are probably the best indicators.

EDIT: Just to clarify, the "almost impossible" refers to situations when you're not sure and you're looking for extra indications. Sometimes, of course, it's blindingly obvious.

Yeah, see, taht's what I'd thought. I don't know... I mean, even if he's just being friendly, that's cool too, because he seems like an awesome guy anyway. It's just, with this particular guy, there's been like a year's worth of mixed signals and missed opportunities. I guess what I need is a party or something. Social excuses, woo!
Life's like a movie, write your own ending,
Keep believing, keep pretending
Lyinginbedmon
First Video: BioShocked

Postby Lyinginbedmon » 30 Oct 2011, 03:35

No, I set the control because she keeps bemoaning how she's falling behind on uni work and can't pull herself away from the Internet to get anything productive done, the fun times (which I would like to state were simply cuddling and wrestling, nothing R-rated) were a happy result from it that night. And I informed her of the controls as soon as they kicked in. She can only get Internet at my house presently so adding the controls ensures she actually gets work done rather than later getting booted from university.

Nothing creepy, just tough love.
Morgan wrote:Lyinginbedmon is short, but he makes up for it in awesomeness
PlasmaCow
First Video: Desert Bus 4 / The Job

Postby PlasmaCow » 31 Oct 2011, 04:53

In any case guys, I think some of you were jumping the gun a bit thinking Lying was being nefarious - it is his internet in his house that he's blocking after all, he can do whatever he wants with it. And frankly, if I had a girlfriend that was coming round and all she did was stay glued to the internet, I'd feel a bit put out and somewhat justified in doing the same thing (yes, I realise that in Lyings case it's the only place she has easy web access, I'm talking more generally).
Lyinginbedmon

Postby Lyinginbedmon » 31 Oct 2011, 05:14

PlasmaCow wrote:...yes, I realise that in Lyings case it's the only place she has easy web access...

Which is in turn, largely the problem. She has her uni residence with a rubbish dongle, the uni library, or my place.

However, I believe this matter to be rendered moot (as I'm sure many would) by the fact that she agrees with the restrictions.
TheRocket

Postby TheRocket » 31 Oct 2011, 05:45

Considering there were how many posts with the same concern I don't think anyone was jumping the gun here. Seriously, that post sounded really fucking creepy.

And Plasma, if you felt justified in cutting off your internet that you offered your g/f because she wasn't spending time with you - maybe you should get a girlfriend who has her priorities where you see fit.
Seriously, not your job to control where your hypothetical girlfriends time goes.

Lying is right this is moot - but that makes me kinda irk'd that you'd feel justified in controlling your girlfriends time by closing access to something you offered her.

Anyways, back to Lying - I'm glad you talked to her about it instead of what we all thought you were saying. Thanks for clarifying.

PlasmaCow
First Video: Desert Bus 4 / The Job

Postby PlasmaCow » 31 Oct 2011, 06:26

Heck if it was something important it's not like I would be a dick about it or anything - but Lying did specifically mention a lot of time being spent on meme sites, which unless she works for one, really doesn't count as important.
Don't take me to mean I would automatically do anything like that anyway, it's the type of move I'd only make if such a thing was becoming an actual problem, which it was in Lyings case.

But anyhoo, on with the show (literally in my case, stage managing's a bitch).
TheRocket

Postby TheRocket » 01 Nov 2011, 05:06

Well, let me put it this way. If your girlfriend is doing something with her time like spending it on meme sites and you would like more attention, you talk to her about it. You don't cut off her access to it and make the choice for her about where her time goes. (We are talking about a hypothetical situation here).

Stage Managing is a bitch. I loved it. Even if the director I worked under was going through a severe case of menopause and it was the most frightening time of my life.

Lyinginbedmon

Postby Lyinginbedmon » 01 Nov 2011, 05:13

I'm all for communication in relationships, it's my motto that 9/10 problems are either resolved by communication or caused by a lack of it. Hence my bewilderment that I was called a creepy ass for the event, though my lady-friend did find the turn of events quite amusing.

Speaking of whom, I got to visit her family back home this past weekend. According to her behind-the-scenes report on the events they all liked me, though her grandfather had trouble understanding me, her little sister had a rivalry with me (which is apparently her way of saying she likes someone, aromantically), and her dog now prefers me to every living thing ever.

Next weekend she gets to meet my parents...and then I imagine my relationship status will shift drastically as a direct result.

EDIT: Oh, and she recently cracked one of my ribs while we were wrestling on her bed. She is tremendously apologetic about it.
Geoff_B
First Video: Installation Anxiety

Postby Geoff_B » 01 Nov 2011, 05:18

Soo.... wedding next?
Twitter|Google+|Tumblr|Facebook|Steam|Skype: gmbridges

I survived spaMEGAdon and all I got was this lousy signature joke.

#TeamMonica, #TeamMaki, #TeamTavis

Return to “General Discussion”