LRR on the radio

Drop by and talk about anything you want. This is where all cheese-related discussions should go
Jangles

LRR on the radio

Postby Jangles » 16 Oct 2009, 16:05

Hey guys and girls, so my station manager has just gotten the online stream for our university radio station working, and with Graham's permission (THANK YOU!!) I'll be putting some LRR on the radio every Friday night between 9 and 11 PM pacific time. You can find it at http://www.cmrcradio.ca and click on the orange banner on the top. If you want to email me for requests do not use the website based email as I haven't been granted access yet, the easiest way is just PM me on the forums and I'll read it hopefully soon enough lol. I will also be posting the station's phone number once I get in there because I can't remember it off hand. So tonight I will be starting at 8:55 pacific time and debuting with "This is why I'm Paul" and continuing with a new LRR track every week if anyone wants to check it out.

Thanks!
The hardest part of being me? The mustache.
TheRocket
First Video: Those Games That We Played

Re: LRR on the radio

Postby TheRocket » 16 Oct 2009, 16:47

UofC or MRC?
Walk in like DeNiro, and leave like Brando.

You're living proof that Darwin was a moron.
Jangles

Postby Jangles » 16 Oct 2009, 16:49

MRC, used to be Mount Royal College, but thanks to a steadily improving academic record, it's now Mount Royal University. Yes, I applied and got accepted into a college and now attend a university, pretty awesome I know.
TheRocket

Postby TheRocket » 16 Oct 2009, 17:06

I don't think I can ever take MRC seriously as a Uni.. maybe in 10 years when they've weeded out most of the academic bumps that made them a college in the first place.

I think it's great that you are getting LRR played. That is actually some pretty awesome exposure.

Jangles

Postby Jangles » 16 Oct 2009, 17:08

Ya, I don't take it seriously as a University either, it just looks better on a resume. I also hope to put up some more specific content from LRR if I can get some good recordings.
It's My Delorean
First Video: commodore hustle 06
Location: The Omniverse International™ campus, The Moon Nation of Omnibus, Universe 64

Postby It's My Delorean » 16 Oct 2009, 17:16

Jangles, you go to MRC- er- MRU? I was thinking about applying there myself. Need to upgrade my english though, three marks below the acceptable grade.
Co-Owner of Omniverse International

DmitriW wrote:
It's My Delorean wrote:..However, provided you agree with my plan for Titan as detailed above...

I'm so down with that plan.

I don't actually own a Delorean...
Jangles

Postby Jangles » 16 Oct 2009, 17:20

Sure do, I took open studies last year to try it out, it's a pretty good school, nice class sizes and good program selection.
It's My Delorean
First Video: commodore hustle 06
Location: The Omniverse International™ campus, The Moon Nation of Omnibus, Universe 64

Postby It's My Delorean » 16 Oct 2009, 18:09

Yeah, I'm looking at the theatre program in particular, but again, need to get that english mark up. Though I am looking forward to the schedule school provides. A year of fruitless job searching and no routine is sure monotonous.
Co-Owner of Omniverse International

DmitriW wrote:
It's My Delorean wrote:..However, provided you agree with my plan for Titan as detailed above...

I'm so down with that plan.

I don't actually own a Delorean...
Jangles

Postby Jangles » 16 Oct 2009, 20:30

ok the phone number is 403-440-6739 and the request email is [email protected]
TheRocket

Postby TheRocket » 16 Oct 2009, 20:37

It's My Delorean wrote:Yeah, I'm looking at the theatre program in particular, but again, need to get that english mark up. Though I am looking forward to the schedule school provides. A year of fruitless job searching and no routine is sure monotonous.

Please for the love of god if you are seriously considering a career in theatre do NOT go to Mount Royal. You will be paying money to sit in the halls and play cards all day while you could actually be getting an education somewhere else. Apply for UVIC or UofT for theatre. Or if you are close to Calgary UofL has a great theatre program, great class sizes, and are very professional.

Jangles

Postby Jangles » 16 Oct 2009, 20:46

Yea, theater at mount royal blows pretty hard, not gunna lie, I don't have any experience with it but the general consensus is it's terribad.

Return to “General Discussion”