Epic North American Meetup Thread

Drop by and talk about anything you want. This is where all cheese-related discussions should go
TheRocket
First Video: Those Games That We Played

Re: Epic North American Meetup Thread

Postby TheRocket » 21 Dec 2009, 19:41

Sheesh, all these people planing on taking trains. Back in the day when my friends and I wanted to cruise CPR, it was almost as expensive (if not more in some parts) as flights!

My proposal IS pretty awesome - even if I have no intention of going ;)
Walk in like DeNiro, and leave like Brando.

You're living proof that Darwin was a moron.
ChoTomoko
First Video: Man Cooking

Postby ChoTomoko » 21 Dec 2009, 22:23

Awwww, no love for Hawaii... :'( Oh well, I put my vote in for NC.
I've been stabbed, shot at, impaled, been beheaded with a chainsaw, set on fire and had a parasite injected into me and I'M STILL NOT CRYING!
Cade Antilles
First Video: Man Cooking - The Gigantor

Postby Cade Antilles » 21 Dec 2009, 22:31

If the cost of travel is very cheap, I can join the meet up. That probably not being the case, I'll probably have to sit it out. But, I will keep my eye on this thread just in case.
"May the Force rock you!"

Professional Procrastinators - Insuring a better tomorrow, by having more fun today!
TomBrend
First Video: long long ago...

Postby TomBrend » 21 Dec 2009, 22:45

ChoTomoko wrote:Awwww, no love for Hawaii... :'( Oh well, I put my vote in for NC.

As long as by "Hawaii" you mean "two thousand dollars of airfare" then yeah... no love for Hawaii. Also fuck every island that isn't Oahu. And the windward side of Oahu.
ChoTomoko
First Video: Man Cooking

Postby ChoTomoko » 21 Dec 2009, 22:56

TomBrend wrote:
ChoTomoko wrote:Awwww, no love for Hawaii... :'( Oh well, I put my vote in for NC.

As long as by "Hawaii" you mean "two thousand dollars of airfare" then yeah... no love for Hawaii. Also fuck every island that isn't Oahu. And the windward side of Oahu.

FUCK YES! You, you are awesome! But it would be a great excuse to come down here, wouldn't it?
I've been stabbed, shot at, impaled, been beheaded with a chainsaw, set on fire and had a parasite injected into me and I'M STILL NOT CRYING!
Graham
Super Moderator

Postby Graham » 22 Dec 2009, 00:28

If a tent city appeared outside my house one night, that would be awesome/creepy as hell.

Oh! But!
I have a balcony, and I can make proclamations from it, like the despotic ruler of a small island nation!
epocalypse
First Video: omnilingual (not including unskippable)
Location: the county of los angeles, the city of los angeles, whichever state los angeles is in.

Postby epocalypse » 22 Dec 2009, 00:40

what do you mean "like", Graham? If we pull that together, why not go outright for a totalitarian nation founded, like any worthwhile government, upon the in jokes of a large gathering of nerds? I can see it now...

...Lrrtopia.
Time flies when I launch grandfather clocks from my trebuchet.
Arius wrote:Epocalypse? More like Epicalypse, amirite? -Arius
and now, here's a link to new animated film, broken_test_zero's blog, and here'sa link to our facebook page.
my personal site
Arius
First Video: Max Effect

Postby Arius » 22 Dec 2009, 00:49

I must out forth my claim to all of the females, as per usual, when we make plans for the founding of the nation.

---

Anyone thinking of taking a train, the problem there is less about the money and more about the time. It takes 4 days to travel from FL to Vic via train. So, you'd have to plan for 8-12 days away from home. Including the days there.

Here: http://amtrak.com
H̼̮̖͓̻ͮ̀ͬ̓e̟̦͉̾̔̀ͣ͆̄ ͚̤̈̉ͦ̎ͭ̚c̰̠͚̜̹ͪ̐̎̃ͅo̗͌͛ͥ͑m̍ͬͥ̚e͍̱̲̤͚̹͔͛s͚̱̤͚̲̭̗̃̎ͭ̚.̘̫̖̮̠͒̔.̝̹̟̳͚̂̆̋͌̐̚.̬͓̰̃̑
Vigafre
First Video: Halo: The Future of Gaming

Postby Vigafre » 22 Dec 2009, 02:18

epocalypse wrote:what do you mean "like", Graham? If we pull that together, why not go outright for a totalitarian nation founded, like any worthwhile government, upon the in jokes of a large gathering of nerds? I can see it now...

...Lrrtopia.

For some reason imagined that episode of Family Guy where Peter annexed his house.

Goddammit.
Niko88

Postby Niko88 » 22 Dec 2009, 02:29

Graham wrote:If a tent city appeared outside my house one night, that would be awesome/creepy as hell.

Oh! But!
I have a balcony, and I can make proclamations from it, like the despotic ruler of a small island nation!

Someone needs to photo shop that into existence. My photoshop program crapped out on me otherwise I would be all over that
Why do I love the blinking street lights so much?
TomBrend

Postby TomBrend » 22 Dec 2009, 06:11

ChoTomoko wrote:
TomBrend wrote:

FUCK YES! You, you are awesome! But it would be a great excuse to come down here, wouldn't it?

Yes... but I already have an excuse to go out there, I just don't have the money.
Lord Chrusher
Can't Drink Possible Beers
First Video: Door to Door

Postby Lord Chrusher » 22 Dec 2009, 16:29

Graham wrote:If a tent city appeared outside my house one night, that would be awesome/creepy as hell.

Oh! But!

For some reason I pictured the Monty Python skit where Hitler stands in the Minehead by election.
We are all made of star dust. However we are also made of nuclear waste.
Remember to think before you post.
Snowfire
First Video: Unskippable: Lost Planet

Postby Snowfire » 23 Dec 2009, 14:19

Lord Chrusher wrote:

Oh! But!

For some reason I pictured the Monty Python skit where Hitler stands in the Minehead by election.

That has so much win in it, it would cause the universe to implode if Graham acted it out. Wait a sec....that would be cool :D
Juliamon: Snowfire you are a gentleman and a scholar and a brilliant troll. I salute you.

D`Archangel: Snowfire: Your use of SPACE BID proves that you are a strong, adult woman. I am so, so proud of you. <--- Is actually male
Gordon Fearman
First Video: Three PS3s
Location: Time and space. Anything more specific tends to vary.

Postby Gordon Fearman » 26 Dec 2009, 12:39

IT IS DECIDED! Tent city outside Graham's house.

Also, if you claim the women, Arius, I claim the Fritos. And Mountain Dew.

Screw it, I claim any food that enters our tent city nation...thing.
"When I feel my friends have been conspiring against me, I break into their bedrooms and I write in their diaries."

(PM me if this pic is too big.)
Intellectually funky

Postby Intellectually funky » 26 Dec 2009, 12:42

I would so be there... If College weren't a bunch of stupid-faces... so yeah!
I never forget a face, but in your case I'll be glad to make an exception. - Groucho Marx

March Hare: Ah, that's just it. If you don't think, then you shouldn't talk.
Smidge

Postby Smidge » 26 Dec 2009, 17:39

I vote Amsterdam, the place is full of homeless anyway, so a few more nerds camping in the parks wouldn't be noticed by anyone.
Evil Jim
First Video: Shake Your Hands

Postby Evil Jim » 26 Dec 2009, 17:47

We could all go out to Vancouver/Victoria for Anime Evolution in August of 2010. LRR will already be there with time for fans, there will be the convention to enjoy when LRR aren't around & plenty of opportunities to do cool stuff.

Oh! But!

I would welcome proclamations from the balcony of this despotic (but kind & generous) ruler. I listen anxiously with a warm heart, open ears & an empty mind, ready to be filled with his wisdom.
Last edited by Evil Jim on 26 Dec 2009, 17:54, edited 2 times in total.
Arius wrote:People were just so awestruck by your awesomeness that they became catatonic.
ThrashJazzAssassin wrote:BURN HIM! BURN THE HERETIC! DEATH TO ALL WHO SCORN THE AWESOMENESS OF EVIL JIM!
Theremin
First Video: A girl must have some secrets.

Postby Theremin » 26 Dec 2009, 17:51

The West Country, anyone?
There's already 5 of us, and we have plenty of tea...
Arius

Postby Arius » 26 Dec 2009, 19:42

Did England secede from Europe?
H̼̮̖͓̻ͮ̀ͬ̓e̟̦͉̾̔̀ͣ͆̄ ͚̤̈̉ͦ̎ͭ̚c̰̠͚̜̹ͪ̐̎̃ͅo̗͌͛ͥ͑m̍ͬͥ̚e͍̱̲̤͚̹͔͛s͚̱̤͚̲̭̗̃̎ͭ̚.̘̫̖̮̠͒̔.̝̹̟̳͚̂̆̋͌̐̚.̬͓̰̃̑
Snowfire

Postby Snowfire » 26 Dec 2009, 19:49

Theremin wrote:The West Country, anyone?
There's already 5 of us, and we have plenty of tea...

Where in the West Country? That's a hell of a lot closer to me than Victoria.
Juliamon: Snowfire you are a gentleman and a scholar and a brilliant troll. I salute you.

D`Archangel: Snowfire: Your use of SPACE BID proves that you are a strong, adult woman. I am so, so proud of you. <--- Is actually male
Theremin
First Video: A girl must have some secrets.

Postby Theremin » 26 Dec 2009, 20:05

Bath/Bristol
Snowfire

Postby Snowfire » 26 Dec 2009, 20:33

Far cheaper than flights to Canada or the States then. Possible (for me at least) though dependent on when.

TomBrend

Postby TomBrend » 26 Dec 2009, 22:09

Psh England... I vote for a New England meetup.
epocalypse
First Video: omnilingual (not including unskippable)
Location: the county of los angeles, the city of los angeles, whichever state los angeles is in.

Postby epocalypse » 26 Dec 2009, 22:19

we could use CNN's hologram technology to make it seem like the euroLRRds were actually there with us. and to make it more like star wars. Think about that.
Time flies when I launch grandfather clocks from my trebuchet.
Arius wrote:Epocalypse? More like Epicalypse, amirite? -Arius
and now, here's a link to new animated film, broken_test_zero's blog, and here'sa link to our facebook page.
my personal site
Arius

Postby Arius » 26 Dec 2009, 22:23

But it would only appear that way to outside observers. The "hologram" was added to the video digitally. All Wolfie saw was a red circle on the floor.

If Europe wants to join our hippie commune, they can fly over.

Return to “General Discussion”