The New Relationship Thread

Drop by and talk about anything you want. This is where all cheese-related discussions should go
TomBrend
First Video: long long ago...

Re: The New Relationship Thread

Postby TomBrend » 30 Nov 2009, 21:59

Arius wrote:She lives at 34286 N 34th, Apt. 4B, Manhattan NY...

I mean, I have no idea...

Except she's clearly a Brit...
Master Gunner
Defending us from The Dutch!
First Video: How To Talk Like A Pirate

Postby Master Gunner » 30 Nov 2009, 22:04

St. Claire said she went to East Egg, which if I remember, is in the Long Island area. So....not clearly a Brit at all.
TheRocket wrote:Apparently the crotch area could not contain the badonkadonk area.
Twitter | Click here to join the Desert Bus Community Chat.
Arius
First Video: Max Effect

Postby Arius » 30 Nov 2009, 22:06

Long Island?

If I got her address correct at random...
H̼̮̖͓̻ͮ̀ͬ̓e̟̦͉̾̔̀ͣ͆̄ ͚̤̈̉ͦ̎ͭ̚c̰̠͚̜̹ͪ̐̎̃ͅo̗͌͛ͥ͑m̍ͬͥ̚e͍̱̲̤͚̹͔͛s͚̱̤͚̲̭̗̃̎ͭ̚.̘̫̖̮̠͒̔.̝̹̟̳͚̂̆̋͌̐̚.̬͓̰̃̑
Master Gunner

Postby Master Gunner » 30 Nov 2009, 22:13

Perianth St. Claire wrote:we basically just drove around the north shore and visited the east egg area (it's in the great gatsby) it was nice.
TheRocket wrote:Apparently the crotch area could not contain the badonkadonk area.
Dubious_wolf
First Video: Mercenary Solutions 2

Postby Dubious_wolf » 30 Nov 2009, 22:18

Every girl I've been interested in already has a boyfriend... *sigh* it's depressing.
^( " )^
winner!
Gordon Fearman
First Video: Three PS3s
Location: Time and space. Anything more specific tends to vary.

Postby Gordon Fearman » 30 Nov 2009, 23:24

Master Gunner wrote:
Perianth St. Claire wrote:we basically just drove around the north shore and visited the east egg area (it's in the great gatsby) it was nice.

I didn't know anyone actually called it the egg. And I zarking live here! Well, near there. Whatever.
"When I feel my friends have been conspiring against me, I break into their bedrooms and I write in their diaries."

(PM me if this pic is too big.)
Dave-O_Boy
First Video: Unskipable

Postby Dave-O_Boy » 30 Nov 2009, 23:31

Haha. Man the only reason I asked was for a creepy joke. You guys actually running off with it is well.. more creepy than intended.
~I'm probably not serious~
Oh and you can just call me Dave.
No need for the whole screen name.
Perianth St. Claire

Postby Perianth St. Claire » 01 Dec 2009, 07:41

Dave-O_Boy wrote:Yes yes.. For science of course.

So St. Clair, where are you from again? *wink wink nudge nudge*

where i live is actually in the epic meetup thread.

Gordon Fearman wrote:Wait, addresses go that high?

they do if the apartment is in space.

TomBrend wrote:Except she's clearly a Brit...

thanks for thinking i'm british from my use of the word snog. i'm in fact a loser who only wishes i were british by occasionally throwing in british slang into what i say.

Master Gunner wrote:I think you should get a second opinion on that. I'm sorry though, it seems we have a recurring problem with the "lets stay friends" in our attempts here.

shortly after i posted, he texted me explaining why he wasn't comfortable dating. truthfully i was feeling pretty anxious myself. the fact that a little over 12 hours after the event i feel immensely relieved with the turn of events would indicate the decision was probably a good call.
Last edited by Perianth St. Claire on 01 Dec 2009, 12:09, edited 1 time in total.
Это курам на смех!
TomBrend

Postby TomBrend » 01 Dec 2009, 09:23

Master Gunner wrote:St. Claire said she went to East Egg, which if I remember, is in the Long Island area. So....not clearly a Brit at all.

So... it's been a long time since I read Great Gatsby... and I got the setting confused. I thought it was in England. I'm silly. Sorry.
Master Gunner

Postby Master Gunner » 01 Dec 2009, 11:46

Nope, prohibition-era New York. Never finished it myself, got bored halfway through, and still aced the test on it.

Perianth, I still think double-blind studies are called for.
Perianth St. Claire

Postby Perianth St. Claire » 01 Dec 2009, 12:12

i'm not sure what you mean by a double-blind study. i just tried to look it up now and only found that it's an experiment where the control and experimental groups are unknown. i'm not sure how that applies to this situation.

edited the last post.

always did like the great gatsby. it was one of the better books we had to read in school. not like johnny tremain. ugh. i can't even remember what it was about that book i didn't like. i just remember being extremely happy on page 42 when he had that unfortunate smelting accident.
Это курам на смех!
The Jester
First Video: The Truce

Postby The Jester » 01 Dec 2009, 12:42

I'm almost in the same boat as Lying and Gunner. I almost don't care any more, such has been the length of my run of dissapointment and misfortune. Everyone around me is in a relationship, and apparently happy, or are just not interesting to me. I'm in college. Everyone is dating. My brother is dating. Everyone at my drama group is in pretty solid relationships. I have nothing. >:/

What I meant by not 'interesting to me' is that everyone who isn't single is a vapid, shallow, orange skinned and booze focused. Not attractive to me in the least.

Even the fact that I'm going to Uni next year doesn't fill me with much hope, since by that point I'll be 23, and a good four or five years older than most of the other people attending. *sigh*

So at this point I'm basically like: "Well bugger this, there's no point in hoping. It hurts too much." and leaving it at that. College and otther art work's proving a good disraction.
Arius
First Video: Max Effect

Postby Arius » 01 Dec 2009, 12:54

The Jester wrote:Even the fact that I'm going to Uni next year doesn't fill me with much hope, since by that point I'll be 23, and a good four or five years older than most of the other people attending. *sigh*

Dude, chicks dig older guys.

Plus, remember, a lot of people switch their majors and end up with a few extra years of school. And a lot of people do two years in college then switch to a Uni.

So, there's a pretty good chance you'll meet girls.

Also, maybe you'll find a girl going for a doctorate. That will pretty much guarantee that she isn't a booze fueled bimbo.

So, keep that painful hope alive!
H̼̮̖͓̻ͮ̀ͬ̓e̟̦͉̾̔̀ͣ͆̄ ͚̤̈̉ͦ̎ͭ̚c̰̠͚̜̹ͪ̐̎̃ͅo̗͌͛ͥ͑m̍ͬͥ̚e͍̱̲̤͚̹͔͛s͚̱̤͚̲̭̗̃̎ͭ̚.̘̫̖̮̠͒̔.̝̹̟̳͚̂̆̋͌̐̚.̬͓̰̃̑
Theremin
First Video: A girl must have some secrets.

Postby Theremin » 01 Dec 2009, 12:59

Not to butt in, but it seems to me very odd that Lying, Gunner, and you, Jester, have cultivated, or allowed themselves to cultivate, this sort of apathy in yourselves.

You're all, to my knowledge, under 25. That's only a quarter of your lives!
And you'll have been pursuing romance for less than half of that. You've all probably got 6 decades left in you. It's a little unrealistic to expect to have found some kind of wonderful satisfying relationships when you're all so early in your adult lives.

So...basically, don't give up. There's statistically at least 2 million people on this planet you guys are compatible with.
2stepz
First Video: .

Postby 2stepz » 01 Dec 2009, 13:03

... I'm 27 and going back to Uni in January... or there's a very high chance that I am. *sigh* I hate the waiting game involved with student finance. Blah!

Of course, I'm off the market myself, but that shouldn't devalue my point.
TomBrend

Postby TomBrend » 01 Dec 2009, 14:06

Theremin wrote:Not to butt in, but it seems to me very odd that Lying, Gunner, and you, Jester, have cultivated, or allowed themselves to cultivate, this sort of apathy in yourselves.

You're all, to my knowledge, under 25. That's only a quarter of your lives!
And you'll have been pursuing romance for less than half of that. You've all probably got 6 decades left in you. It's a little unrealistic to expect to have found some kind of wonderful satisfying relationships when you're all so early in your adult lives.

So...basically, don't give up. There's statistically at least 2 million people on this planet you guys are compatible with.

You have an unreasonable expectation of the average human life span... just saying.
Theremin

Postby Theremin » 01 Dec 2009, 14:10

I call it optimism.

Anyhoo, even with 30, or 40 years left, that's still a freaking long time to find the right person. No sense getting pessimistic about it at this point.
Gordon Fearman
First Video: Three PS3s
Location: Time and space. Anything more specific tends to vary.

Postby Gordon Fearman » 01 Dec 2009, 15:20

Your math doesn't even make sense though. You said that 25 was a quarter of our lives and then later said we have 6 decades left.

Which is it?
"When I feel my friends have been conspiring against me, I break into their bedrooms and I write in their diaries."

(PM me if this pic is too big.)
Perianth St. Claire

Postby Perianth St. Claire » 01 Dec 2009, 15:29

it's both at the same time. only losers get tripped up by a silly thing such as time.
Это курам на смех!
Lyinginbedmon
First Video: BioShocked

Postby Lyinginbedmon » 01 Dec 2009, 17:42

Gordon Fearman wrote:Your math doesn't even make sense though. You said that 25 was a quarter of our lives and then later said we have 6 decades left.

Which is it?

(4*25) = 100
<=25 + (6*10) = <=85

Still good. Though I hope I've found someone by 85
Morgan wrote:Lyinginbedmon is short, but he makes up for it in awesomeness
The Jester
First Video: The Truce

Postby The Jester » 02 Dec 2009, 10:28

Arius wrote:Dude, chicks dig older guys.

Yes, but I don't dig any of the younger girls I've met so far. Ok, so no, I may not have met all that many in fairness, but it's difficult to keep perspective when you're living in the picture. If that makes sense. :P

Theramin wrote:You're all, to my knowledge, under 25. That's only a quarter of your lives!
And you'll have been pursuing romance for less than half of that.

Not true. I developed annoyingly early, and as a result I've been interested in girls for a good 13-14 years of my 22 year long life, if not a bit longer.

Also, no matter how long one theoretically has to find love, even waiting this long is really quite demoralising. >.>

Anyways, I've given up for now. No point in looking for someone 'round here if I'm off to Uni in September next year, and if all goes to plan that'll be in Vancouver. :D
So maybe then I'll dust off my heart and put it out for display again, but for now; it's going in a box in the attic. :P
Theremin

Postby Theremin » 02 Dec 2009, 10:32

Well, good luck anyway :)
2stepz
First Video: .

Postby 2stepz » 02 Dec 2009, 10:35

The Jester wrote:
Anyways, I've given up for now. No point in looking for someone 'round here if I'm off to Uni in September next year, and if all goes to plan that'll be in Vancouver. :D
So maybe then I'll dust off my heart and put it out for display again, but for now; it's going in a box in the attic. :P

... I wish I'd have had an attic to put my heart in. Mine was in a lockbox on the top shelf of my closet... but it was so heavy it kept collapsing the shelves. *sigh*

But... it has a good home now. Bruised and beaten as it may be.
The R

Postby The R » 03 Dec 2009, 17:57

Arius wrote:Dude, chicks dig older guys.

But what about those of us who are short and can still sometimes get mistaken for teenagers eh?

Theremin wrote:You're all, to my knowledge, under 25. That's only a quarter of your lives!

I don't sense that there is this huge expectation, just more of they want at least something, since something is always better than nothing. Much of the frustrations seem to arise when you have been trying so hard at something that to others is so easy and so common.... for years on end usually, and still getting nowhere (huge sense of "left behind"). I can see why the hope is eroding in them.

Also, far more people are single in young age as compared to mid 20+ onwards. Heck, I already know several girls younger than I am that are not just taken, they are engaged.
CtMolloy

Postby CtMolloy » 03 Dec 2009, 21:36

The R wrote: just more of they want at least something, since something is always better than nothing. Much of the frustrations seem to arise when you have been trying so hard at something that to others is so easy and so common.... for years on end usually, and still getting nowhere (huge sense of "left behind"). I can see why the hope is eroding in them.

This.
I personally couldn't be bothered even thinking of a relationship anymore. I'd rather focus on things I CAN do.

Return to “General Discussion”