Lockerz invites

Drop by and talk about anything you want. This is where all cheese-related discussions should go
Beta-guy

Lockerz invites

Postby Beta-guy » 25 Nov 2009, 08:50

Seeing how successful Master Gunner is with this Google invites thread, I thought I'd send this to you, I have lockerz invites, basically it's a points earning thing, login and you get 2 points answer 1 question (like 'dine in or take out') and you get 2 points, (new question daily) 100 points buys a game, but you get get other things as well, right now it's a beta like Google wave.

if you are interested please send me a PM with your e-mail address and I'll get you an invite.
Lawman
First Video: 3 PS3s

Re: Lockerz invites

Postby Lawman » 25 Nov 2009, 10:59

Beta-guy wrote:Seeing how successful Master Gunner is with this Google invites thread

Just a hunch here, but I imagine that that was because it was for Google invites, and not pyramid scheme invites.
jtaylor
ASCII Ninja
First Video: Talk Like a Pirate

Postby jtaylor » 25 Nov 2009, 13:17

The difference is a Google Wave invite gets you a Google Wave account, a Lockerz invite gets you an account for a website that you will never get anything valuable from because they will never be able to afford anywhere near enough prizes without raising the points you need by at least tenfold if not more, and they will probably shut down once they have burned through all of their vc funding.
Annchan

Postby Annchan » 26 Nov 2009, 18:31

Lawman wrote:
Beta-guy wrote:Seeing how successful Master Gunner is with this Google invites thread

Just a hunch here, but I imagine that that was because it was for Google invites, and not pyramid scheme invites.
theDreamer
First Video: Quantum Documentary

Postby theDreamer » 26 Nov 2009, 18:36

...All the kids in my school are doing this. Even the smart ones.

I died a little when I found out.
I can put my hands in my head, and I can laugh it in the face.
Smidge

Postby Smidge » 26 Nov 2009, 18:46

Beta-Guy, did you go to that site and get your pc infected with a spam trojan? Seriously I never thought that this spam would come on the LRR forums. I guess I was wrong.
I have seen spam for this all over the internet, it's so clearly a scam site, please no one fall for this.
goat

Postby goat » 26 Nov 2009, 19:16

theDreamer wrote:...All the kids in my school are doing this. Even the smart ones.

I died a little when I found out.

They are dead to you now. Wipe away the ashes and start anew where the others have failed.
Unlucky

Postby Unlucky » 26 Nov 2009, 19:19

Honestly, I thought of grabbing invites for this here but...

Yeah, see all above posts for reasons why I didn't. :P
Graham in a locked thread wrote:Think before you post.
Beta-guy

Postby Beta-guy » 26 Nov 2009, 19:21

dang you guys are cruel, I'm doing it because worst case I get nothing for doing next to nothing, best case scenario I end up getting a mac or macbook for doing next to nothing... no reason to look down on anyone...
Unlucky

Postby Unlucky » 26 Nov 2009, 19:29

The only downside is giving a complete amount of randoms a slowly building settlement of your opinions, likes and dislikes.

Basically, marketing gets a profile of you this way. Honestly, I don't care. :P Best case scenario, I get me a PsP.
Graham in a locked thread wrote:Think before you post.
Beta-guy

Postby Beta-guy » 26 Nov 2009, 19:36

Unlucky wrote:The only downside is giving a complete amount of randoms a slowly building settlement of your opinions, likes and dislikes.

Basically, marketing gets a profile of you this way. Honestly, I don't care. :P Best case scenario, I get me a PsP.

exactly, but they've been doing this for years, using cookies in your web browser, and we don't get jack squat. I chose to take my chances with this hoping to finally get a chance to play with OSX...
Arius
First Video: Max Effect

Postby Arius » 26 Nov 2009, 19:36

Beta-guy wrote:dang you guys are cruel, I'm doing it because worst case I get nothing for doing next to nothing, best case scenario I end up getting a mac or macbook for doing next to nothing... no reason to look down on anyone...

Worst case: They upload a trojan onto your computer and begin sending passwords back to themselves. Then your bank account slowly empties.

Oh, and they kill your dog.
H̼̮̖͓̻ͮ̀ͬ̓e̟̦͉̾̔̀ͣ͆̄ ͚̤̈̉ͦ̎ͭ̚c̰̠͚̜̹ͪ̐̎̃ͅo̗͌͛ͥ͑m̍ͬͥ̚e͍̱̲̤͚̹͔͛s͚̱̤͚̲̭̗̃̎ͭ̚.̘̫̖̮̠͒̔.̝̹̟̳͚̂̆̋͌̐̚.̬͓̰̃̑
Annchan

Postby Annchan » 26 Nov 2009, 19:47

Best case: They just have your and everyone you "invited"'s email address and spam ensues.
Annchan

Postby Annchan » 26 Nov 2009, 20:00

So I googled "Lockerz scam" and "Lockerz proof". Lots or people say they have gotten stuff before like phone skins or t-shirts and a few people have gotten things like games but don't see many people saying they have gotten anything from them in the last 2 months. There seem to be several complaints about a lack of stock as well.

I still call scam.
Master Gunner
Defending us from The Dutch!
First Video: How To Talk Like A Pirate

Postby Master Gunner » 26 Nov 2009, 20:38

The trick to any good scam is to pay out just enough to keep people coming back. I think I have an account on there, but I've never used it.
TheRocket wrote:Apparently the crotch area could not contain the badonkadonk area.
Twitter | Click here to join the Desert Bus Community Chat.

Return to “General Discussion”