The Desert Bus Roundup

Drop by and talk about anything you want. This is where all cheese-related discussions should go
annemjw

Re: The Desert Bus Roundup

Postby annemjw » 26 Nov 2009, 11:59

Yeah, I was rebooting my browsers, swapping between ff and IE (shudder) to see if that helped, but to be honest that had more to do with the fact that my computer rather desperately needs more RAM, so I just dealt.

I loved chat too, but agree that if there were something other than ustream I think it could have worked better, which is not to say that the mods of chat in particular weren't absolutely fantastic.

I was thinking about whether it would be possible to set up a purely audio stream - it would allow for people who don't necessarily want to have their computers trying so hard to load streaming video, but for the most part supplies all the fun of DesertBus, especially if you know LRR well enough to be able to tell who's speaking without seeing them.

It's nice to feel like you were there, seeing it happen, being a part of it, having the team responding to you. It's been great (and I've been awake now, mostly due to having to be at a lecture yesterday morning, for 26 hours, so I'm going to go away now).

:D
It's My Delorean
First Video: commodore hustle 06
Location: The Omniverse International™ campus, The Moon Nation of Omnibus, Universe 64

Postby It's My Delorean » 26 Nov 2009, 12:13

Well, mostly the thing that botheredme the most, was that I wanted to at least be able to veiw the chat, if the crew thought something was funny, so I didn't have to wait for an explaination, which meant turning off Zonealarm, cause, I don't know how to make it let IRC through, (It's an older build I think) so, I had to forgo security to watch Desert Bus. Thankfully, everythings okay.

My anit-virus did find a trojan virus that my computer picked up somewhere, not from DB though...
Co-Owner of Omniverse International

DmitriW wrote:
It's My Delorean wrote:..However, provided you agree with my plan for Titan as detailed above...

I'm so down with that plan.

I don't actually own a Delorean...
Space Jump

Postby Space Jump » 26 Nov 2009, 12:19

Yeah, I had the same firefox crash issue, but beyond that things were great.

Absolutely loved DB this year (watched it religiously last year too) and wooo finally won an auction! Congrats to everyone involved!
s0ss
First Video: Desert Bus 2

Postby s0ss » 26 Nov 2009, 12:22

Clearly I should be posting here more often.

Anyway I've been a fan of LRR since Desert Bus 2 (I hate and am overjoyed that I was the person who got the Matt+Twilight thing going). I really enjoy the vids/podcasts and I'm happy for their success both as a comedy troupe and for the work they do with Childs Play which I think is an incredibly charity.

Anyway I'm way too tired to really comment on it except to give a huge congratulations and thanks to LRR and Viewers Like You! who made over 132k (without echecks clearing). Take note: Huge success guys.

Even though I didn't have to drive the bus or be at the moonbase I still felt compelled at many moments to stick around way past my (EST) bedtime to watch. When the internet went down I stuck around for it to come back up, when we hit the last leg I felt I needed to try my best to stick around. I have to say the internet feels a little lonely right now.
Alterran
First Video: How to talk like a Pirate

Postby Alterran » 26 Nov 2009, 12:24

A few late additions.

If you won something in an auction; post about it! I won one of those cool Desert Bus necklace made from a scrabble tile jobbies, and very happy I am!

Also, I notice one or two have posted about long late night not sleeping stints watching desert bus. I kind of bus'd up my sleep patern by going to bed at 6 AM on Friday night (Saturday Morning) and as a result woke up at 4PM Saturday. So I decided not to sleep until Midnight Sunday, and the vast majority of that time was spent watching Desert Bus while doing other things.
Arius
First Video: Max Effect

Postby Arius » 26 Nov 2009, 12:25

The only issue I had was that my IRC client was in beta...

It wasn't very efficient. When everyone talked at once, I couldn't type. So, it often led to something I said popping up well after the subject changed. And it tore through my RAM.
H̼̮̖͓̻ͮ̀ͬ̓e̟̦͉̾̔̀ͣ͆̄ ͚̤̈̉ͦ̎ͭ̚c̰̠͚̜̹ͪ̐̎̃ͅo̗͌͛ͥ͑m̍ͬͥ̚e͍̱̲̤͚̹͔͛s͚̱̤͚̲̭̗̃̎ͭ̚.̘̫̖̮̠͒̔.̝̹̟̳͚̂̆̋͌̐̚.̬͓̰̃̑
Evil Jim
First Video: Shake Your Hands

Postby Evil Jim » 26 Nov 2009, 12:26

I accidentally the whole alarm clock & slept past the end of the drive. :( I'm hoping it's archived somewhere. I'll have more comments for the roundup once family has left our Thanksgiving gathering.
Arius wrote:People were just so awestruck by your awesomeness that they became catatonic.
ThrashJazzAssassin wrote:BURN HIM! BURN THE HERETIC! DEATH TO ALL WHO SCORN THE AWESOMENESS OF EVIL JIM!
s0ss
First Video: Desert Bus 2

Postby s0ss » 26 Nov 2009, 12:28

Evil Jim wrote:I accidentally the whole alarm clock & slept past the end of the drive. :( I'm hoping it's archived somewhere. I'll have more comments for the roundup once family has left our Thanksgiving gathering.

I believe the last HOUR in entirety was recorded.

As well as key moments throughout the whole feed, as you know I am sure.
Machalllewis
First Video: Ways to Stay Awake

Postby Machalllewis » 26 Nov 2009, 12:29

Its cool I can show you how it all ended.

Nothing to see here.
Tinasaur
First Video: Forget About It

Postby Tinasaur » 26 Nov 2009, 12:36

Machalllewis wrote:Its cool I can show you how it all ended.

I lol'd
CommanderKeen
First Video: Halo: The Future of Gaming

Postby CommanderKeen » 26 Nov 2009, 12:40

SPOILER!
ThrashJazzAssassin
First Video: The Lich King's New Wrath

Postby ThrashJazzAssassin » 26 Nov 2009, 12:42

Well, my favourite moment was the Saturday evening, when I finally managed to start watching it, because as the week went on I missed loads more of it, including most of the really exciting stuff and all of the auctions I wanted to bid in, and failed to get my free song request in. :(

Speaking of auctions, QUESTION REDACTED FOR FAILING TO READ THE OTHER THREAD FIRST.
Arius
First Video: Max Effect

Postby Arius » 26 Nov 2009, 12:50

Jim got Story Guy.

Vaughn got the WoD.

-Too late, I saw it and answered. Revel in your shame! Revel!
Last edited by Arius on 26 Nov 2009, 12:50, edited 1 time in total.
H̼̮̖͓̻ͮ̀ͬ̓e̟̦͉̾̔̀ͣ͆̄ ͚̤̈̉ͦ̎ͭ̚c̰̠͚̜̹ͪ̐̎̃ͅo̗͌͛ͥ͑m̍ͬͥ̚e͍̱̲̤͚̹͔͛s͚̱̤͚̲̭̗̃̎ͭ̚.̘̫̖̮̠͒̔.̝̹̟̳͚̂̆̋͌̐̚.̬͓̰̃̑
Theremin
First Video: A girl must have some secrets.

Postby Theremin » 26 Nov 2009, 12:50

Am I the only one who felt a pang of pathos looking at the crew slowly shuffle away, leaving Tim in an empty room?
Metcarfre
First Video: Not Applicable

Postby Metcarfre » 26 Nov 2009, 12:50

Jim got Story Guy and Vaughn got the WoD. Which is GREAT in my opinion.
Machalllewis

Postby Machalllewis » 26 Nov 2009, 12:53

Somebody in the chat said it was Octopimp. But if it was Jim and Vaughn then awesome!
Nothing to see here.
Metcarfre
First Video: Not Applicable

Postby Metcarfre » 26 Nov 2009, 12:54

Machalllewis wrote:Somebody in the chat said it was Octopimp.

Then someone in the chat is a filthy, filthy liar.
Machalllewis

Postby Machalllewis » 26 Nov 2009, 12:58

metcarfre wrote:
Machalllewis wrote:Somebody in the chat said it was Octopimp.

Then someone in the chat is a filthy, filthy liar.

People lying on the internet! Gasps! Is anyone looking into this?

For all the screencaps I took throughout DB see here http://s785.photobucket.com/albums/yy132/Machalllewis/. I've got a number more to post on it from the finale too.
Nothing to see here.
whyarecarrots

Postby whyarecarrots » 26 Nov 2009, 12:58

Theremin wrote:

Am I the only one who felt a pang of pathos looking at the crew slowly shuffle away, leaving Tim in an empty room?

I didn't see that bit as I missed the ending owing to looking after an ill girlfriend, but that image of the empty room, and coming back to the computer to find the Desert Bus live feed finished somehow seems/ed very melancholy: it's been great being able to check in on the crew's progress every few hours or so over the last 5 days, and now it feels a bit like something's been missing.

It was great fun guys, and a really big congratulations for raising as much as you need: nearly doubling last year's total was incredible.
Lyinginbedmon wrote:Real men don't sleep!

INSOMNIA IS MANLY! HAAAH!
Excelle

Postby Excelle » 26 Nov 2009, 12:59

This was my first bus and it was ladled with awesomeness. In a happy coincidence, I was on holiday the week it was on and I watch a whole load of it.

My highlight was the epic Octopimp v overlordstowell auction, which left me exhausted afterwards.

Roll on next year! :D
Smeghead
Bear Hunter S
First Video: The Writers Room

Postby Smeghead » 26 Nov 2009, 13:01

I just realized how empty everything suddenly feels without DB. TV and internet entertainment suddenly feels so hollow compare to the entertainment value of DB. Even when it's in the middle of the night there and nothing is happening.
Machalllewis

Postby Machalllewis » 26 Nov 2009, 13:02

Yeah I didn't realise how lonely I was till it all finished. Don't worry guys, we'll adjust!

Yeah I specifically waited till I saw everyone walked off and snapped that shot cos of how melancholy it felt seeing it.
Nothing to see here.
Salwiak
First Video: Installation Anxiety

Postby Salwiak » 26 Nov 2009, 13:08

Theremin wrote:Am I the only one who felt a pang of pathos looking at the crew slowly shuffle away, leaving Tim in an empty room?

You have no idea how hard I laughed when Tim peeked out from under the camera after everyone else left.

The quantity of awesome was way too high for me to pick just one specific moment, but the fact that we seemingly BROKE CHIPIN was pretty damn fabulous.
I just wish I could buy a patch or necklace or something of the like for a price that isn't 240 dollars. Silly auctions.
Snowfire
First Video: Unskippable: Lost Planet

Postby Snowfire » 26 Nov 2009, 13:13

Alterran wrote:A few late additions.

If you won something in an auction; post about it! I won one of those cool Desert Bus necklace made from a scrabble tile jobbies, and very happy I am!

Um...let's see what I have coming to me. One of the signed imps, one of those awesome Desert Bus Necklaces, the D&D 4 prints, one of MadamMimm's (please make that correct) paintings, the kitten ears that I caused to be created - I'm sorry, but that is going to be making me hyper for months - signed stills of Catleen (whoever came up with that is awesome) and Tally with the ears on, a drawing of those two in the same, a signed Desert Bus t-shirt and that five comic set signed by Keanes. I think I may have one or two other things but I'm too tired - I'll get to that later.

Alterran wrote:Also, I notice one or two have posted about long late night not sleeping stints watching desert bus. I kind of bus'd up my sleep patern by going to bed at 6 AM on Friday night (Saturday Morning) and as a result woke up at 4PM Saturday. So I decided not to sleep until Midnight Sunday, and the vast majority of that time was spent watching Desert Bus while doing other things.

Now, tiredness. Let's see, I have had maybe eleven hours of sleep in the last three days. Not as bad as the LRR crew, but bad enough methinks. I hope they get enough sleep.
Juliamon: Snowfire you are a gentleman and a scholar and a brilliant troll. I salute you.

D`Archangel: Snowfire: Your use of SPACE BID proves that you are a strong, adult woman. I am so, so proud of you. <--- Is actually male
ThrashJazzAssassin
First Video: The Lich King's New Wrath

Postby ThrashJazzAssassin » 26 Nov 2009, 13:22

Does anyone know if someone recorded Tim reading the opening paragraphs of my Best Worst Crossover Fanfic? I missed it.

Return to “General Discussion”