phwoar!

Drop by and talk about anything you want. This is where all cheese-related discussions should go
umbrellaless

Postby umbrellaless » 30 Nov 2005, 08:13

...and "French Immersion" streams (because it's our second national language, not that anyone in BC speaks it).

Yep...we pretty much speak more Mandarin, Japanese, and Vietnamese than we do our nation's second language...and by "we" I mean collectively, not individually...

Duckie...Miako...word to those still keeping the halls of Reynolds cool! 8) Last time I went back there to visit Wilson, Mr. Rathbone told me to get back to class...I was like "uh....hey, remember when I GRADUATED?"
"When you do not speak, other people presume you to be deaf or feeble-minded and promptly make a show of their own limitations"
Graham
Super Moderator

Postby Graham » 30 Nov 2005, 10:06

Wait... Rathbone?

You suffered the Rath of Bone as well?!? I didn't know he worked at Reynolds as well.

OH! The stories we have... the stories. That guy bothered me.

-G
AmazingPjotrMan
...and all I got was this lousy rank.
First Video: 1337

Postby AmazingPjotrMan » 30 Nov 2005, 10:48

Who?
"It's nice to think that before "Adam and Eve", there was "Earl Grey""
Graham
Super Moderator

Postby Graham » 30 Nov 2005, 12:50

He a notorious local Vice Principal. Notoriously unliked.
I knew he worked at different schools, I just didn't know Reynolds was one of them.

Bill has a couple interesting Rathbone-related stories.

In Grade 12, we stole a life-size toy dog he kept in his office and filmed it. We took pictures and sent him a new one each day until we returned it. Good times.

-G
AmazingPjotrMan

Postby AmazingPjotrMan » 30 Nov 2005, 14:19

You kidnaped a toy dog? You bastards!
Rhynome
First Video: Folklore

Postby Rhynome » 30 Nov 2005, 14:51

A mate did something like that with one quite unliked history teacher. What he did was a bit crueler and not as psychological.

She has, sorry, had, a plant that she, 'loved like her child.' Basically she mothered that plant some ridiculous amount, an outlet for her frustrations with her classes. Anyway the story goes as such.

It started off with just moving the plant from one side of the desk to the other, now she was VERY possessive of this plant, and they first noticed the effect when she went flying into one, things hitting people and so on. Well if that's not an invitation to an adolescent to carry on then nothing is. It then moved on further, a bit of string tied into a noose and placed around the stalk, pins used to stick leaves to the notice boards. Then it carried on, and she started to give up but it was basically her baby being mutilated before her eyes. She knew it was the class, but did not know which one. Holes were appearing in the leaves, but the final blow came one day when the plant just died.

There's no real reason for it dying apart from continuous torture over the months, maybe she put it out of her misery. But when one boy mentioned that the plant wasn't looking all too healthy she ran out the class crying.

She's never been the same since, yes it was evil but apparently oh so satisfying.
AmazingPjotrMan

Postby AmazingPjotrMan » 30 Nov 2005, 15:51

I knew that you brits were cruel but that is just plain evil!
miakosummin

Postby miakosummin » 30 Nov 2005, 15:58

Oh yeah, reynolds is pretty cool ^_^

Whaat? Rathbone isnt that bad! I owe him, he helped create a small japanese class when the regular japanese teacher [wilson-sensei, shes the best person in the world.] went to work at a college. Otherwise I wouldnt get a language 11 credit. Also, he's helped me a bit with teenage angst, when the usual counciller wasnt there. So he's not really that bad a guy. Just grumpy.
AmazingPjotrMan

Postby AmazingPjotrMan » 30 Nov 2005, 16:09

Teen angst, I've never really suffered from that.
miakosummin

Postby miakosummin » 30 Nov 2005, 16:16

Its not pretty.

Theres this guy. He's really really cool. He started hanging otu with our group, and I was totally floored, I had no idea why someone so awesome would hang with us. We became good friends, and during that time, I felt a crush on him. This was before I realized I liked guys though. Since then, the crush went on really badly, and I couldnt even be around him. He was straight and just saw me as a friend, and it drove me insane. All I wanted, and still want, is to be with him. But I need to forget him, otherwise our friendship is in jeopardy. I keep snapping at him and getting jealous when he goes out with other people. Plus I'm constantly depressed about how horrible I am compared to him, I wish I was a little more like him. But I cant think like that, because otherwise I lose my best friend, and its really stopping me from liking this girl who I've been slightly interested in.

Teen angst sucks. And this is just one portion.

Graham
Super Moderator

Postby Graham » 30 Nov 2005, 16:17

I guess I'm just biased because I was in Stagecraft the year he was put in charge of the theatre.
He didn't know what we did, or how we did it, and didn't care to be informed. He simply didn't like us, or our teacher, and gave us nothing but grief.

-G
umbrellaless

Postby umbrellaless » 30 Nov 2005, 16:18

No way, he was at Oak Bay too? I guess he started the year I left, so I didn't really get to know him. I shan't pass judgement! I wouldn't object to hearing some of these stories, though....

What grade're you in, mik?[/i]
"When you do not speak, other people presume you to be deaf or feeble-minded and promptly make a show of their own limitations"
umbrellaless

Postby umbrellaless » 30 Nov 2005, 16:29

You had bad luck with theatre teachers too, eh Graham?

I remember thinking our acting/theatre/stagecraft teacher was awesome when I was younger, because he didn't treat us like "just" kids...until I realised that he was treating us like we were professional actors/stagehands when we really were just a bunch of kids. I don't care how successful you want a production to be, you never, ever tell a fourteen year old girl that her costume makes her look fat. High school kids shouldn't feel like failures on opening night...they should feel like stars!
Lord Chrusher
Can't Drink Possible Beers
First Video: Door to Door

Postby Lord Chrusher » 30 Nov 2005, 16:56

Mr Rathbone yelled at me on my first day at Oak Bay. (wait, I was running in the halls)

One of the people I knew reedited the Eminem song Role Model with the recording Mr Rathbone left on peoples answering machines after they missed class. The resulting track such great lines as Mr Rathbone been with 10 women who got hiv.
We are all made of star dust. However we are also made of nuclear waste.
Remember to think before you post.
Morgan
LRR Crew

Postby Morgan » 30 Nov 2005, 17:22

post it as an mp3 somewhere... i need to hear that!
duckie

Postby duckie » 30 Nov 2005, 17:46

i've never had a problem with Mr Rathbone he seems pretty nice to me... however i highly doubt he actually knows who i am
aparantly i'm not a very good judge of how nice teachers are because i always thought the theater teacher that umbrellaless mentioned was really nice however i have never been in musical theater with him so that just might be it
i cant see how any teachers can be worse then Miss Berry or Mr Rhodes anyway
...ellipsis ellipsis

not the brightest tool in the shed
DP

Postby DP » 30 Nov 2005, 18:40

Graham wrote:In Grade 12, we stole a life-size toy dog he kept in his office and filmed it. We took pictures and sent him a new one each day until we returned it. Good times.

Some friends and I did that with a life sized bear lawn ornament. We cruised downtown and had pictures of it taken inside a couple bars, and with a cop, among other things.

Good times, good times.
miakosummin

Postby miakosummin » 30 Nov 2005, 19:45

Umbrella, I'm in grade 11, why do you ask?

And I'd like to listen to that too. Sounds interesting XD.
Now we just get our recorded message of the secratary calling in. "Your son and or daughter has missed one or more classes..."

Morgan
LRR Crew

Postby Morgan » 30 Nov 2005, 19:52

i was at g's house the other day and his sis got one of those and i laughed and laughed... in my head... because g's mom was there...

duckie

Postby duckie » 30 Nov 2005, 22:44

ugh! i have heard that stupid message SO many times...not for me for my sister who i swear hardly ever actually went to class when she was in grade 12. honestly i could have skipped so much that year without my mom ever finding out...but i didnt 'cause i was a good little student...
...ellipsis ellipsis

not the brightest tool in the shed
umbrellaless

Postby umbrellaless » 30 Nov 2005, 23:29

Oh duckie...how we tried to corrupt you, and how we failed...*shakes head*

I remember when Miss Berry ran into a door and broke her hip, and we weren't sure if we should laugh at her or help her up...seriously, that's how horrible this bitter old woman is...

I was wondering if I could remember you, Mik. Are you a band kid? Leadership, perhaps?

Maybe 64K could do a remix of the Rathbone track :lol:
Lord Chrusher
Can't Drink Possible Beers
First Video: Door to Door

Postby Lord Chrusher » 01 Dec 2005, 00:21

Unfortunately the song was about made about 4 years ago and I have not talked to the person who did it in about a year.
I always wondered whether his daugter maked the cast for the school plays on her own abilities or because her father was the vice principle.
We are all made of star dust. However we are also made of nuclear waste.
Remember to think before you post.
Rhynome
First Video: Folklore

Postby Rhynome » 01 Dec 2005, 08:42

I never bunk lessons, because I'm a good boy me. Okay, I suck at sports, all sports there are basically.

So when it comes to PE/S or 'Games' I used to give it a miss if I needed to do some work, but the main PE satan has began a crack-down on bunkers, but that was after I stopped really. Recently, when fencing, I was shot with a tranquiliser dart and I woke up in the gym looking at this 6'6" black guy with dreads, he got us doing a running circuit sort of things, also with other little things here and there, and it was at that moment that I realised I wasn't unfit, I just couldn't kick a ball.

Since then I've found out that I can actually run, that I do excell beyond others my age when it comes to weights equipment (on which our school spends thousands) and that I love to go running outside my school watching all the cocky bastards who mock my inability to kick a ball sprint off and then fall over half dead across Westminster Bridge whilst I pass them giggling.

I don't know why I needed to say this here, but heh, so much fun to piss them off, you can say what you want to them when you reach the first bridge because from that point on they can't catch you/ do anything undesirable to you.
Under13

Postby Under13 » 01 Dec 2005, 14:46

I hated PE.

That was the best part about high school marching band...two years of marching band, and your PE credits were covered. Kickass.
<>{
miakosummin

Postby miakosummin » 01 Dec 2005, 16:01

umbrella: Nope. I've never been in any kind of extracurricular activity until this year, in Film/TV. I'm in the art room a lot too.

http://www.deviantart.com/deviation/25873111/ <- My Picture.
Also possibly check the yearbook? Holmes, Michael. [Next to Holmes, Madeline. You know how the school's computers use the username system lastname + first initial? Well, MAdeline comes before MIchael, so I'm one of the few people who have TWO initals in their username. I'm proud of it.]

Edit:
If it wasnt for Mr Rathbone, I'd probably be sitting in my room crying right now. He was the only teacher that would talk to me [the counciller I usually talk to was away.] He really helped me today with some problems.

Return to “General Discussion”