The GIFer Has Awakened...

Drop by and talk about anything you want. This is where all cheese-related discussions should go
TorachiKatashi

Re: The GIFer Has Awakened...

Postby TorachiKatashi » 09 Dec 2009, 12:27

Edit: Nevermind, I evidently can't read very well.

Awesome job! Thanks. <3

I'd LOVE to be able to fix Graham's hair, but I'm that way for every Phailhaus episode, so unfortunately I don't think there's anything you can do about that. xD
Alja-Markir
Trebuchet Enthusiast

Postby Alja-Markir » 09 Dec 2009, 16:25

I THIRST FOR A CHALLLLLLEEENNNGEEE!!!!

REQUEST MORE AVATARS!

~CAPS ALJA~
Master Gunner
Defending us from The Dutch!
First Video: How To Talk Like A Pirate

Postby Master Gunner » 09 Dec 2009, 16:35

People got mad at me the last time I changed my avatar to something non-Zeppelin, but Matt Pelvic Thrusting from "Easy Bake Spore" would be a good one to have around.

Oh, having finished watching the video again, Paul popping into frame, then looping to reverse back out...and in....and out....and in.....

I'll be in my bunk.

(wow, I've being on a sexual kick over the last couple hours)
TheRocket wrote:Apparently the crotch area could not contain the badonkadonk area.
Twitter | Click here to join the Desert Bus Community Chat.
davefp

Postby davefp » 09 Dec 2009, 16:41

Not LRR related, but how about the Spy's head exploding from the meet the spy video (around 2:20)? No guarantee I'll use it (I have some guidelines on avatars that I like to follow) but I do think it'll look awesome.
infinite_guest

Postby infinite_guest » 09 Dec 2009, 16:48

Could I possibly request one from Phailhaus 4 of Graham smacking himself in the forehead? And could I possibly also get a bigger one to use on ONTD?
Longwood: Location of Harvard Medical School where evil mad scientists and Jews create transgenic monsters.
urmas
First Video: Mercenary solutions

Postby urmas » 09 Dec 2009, 17:49

I'm surprized that no-one has done this as a gif. It was the first thing that I thought, when I saw that scene in Tucson or Bust.

I spent way too much time on this: mainly re-learning how to do animated gifs with open-source software (Avidemux to rip the frames and GIMP Animation Package for reassembling them in GIF format)
On twitch I am ufokraana (when hanging out) or only_scrubs_skip_leg_day (when broadcasting).
I also operate leg_bot for the fanstreamer community.
Vanguard
First Video: Unskippable: Lost Planet

Postby Vanguard » 09 Dec 2009, 17:49

Okay, real quick: I'm reverting back to my old black-and-white avatar. I use it everywhere else and I'm trying to start up my deviantART page again and I have graphics using the B&W avatar everywhere on the page. Somebody needs to use the Kate avatar if I'm not. I mean come on, it's too frick'n awesome to go to waste.

Alja-Markir wrote:I THIRST FOR A CHALLLLLLEEENNNGEEE!!!!

REQUEST MORE AVATARS!

~CAPS ALJA~

Alright, I'll play this game. I'm sure I can throw a couple ideas out there to keep you busy:

• From Ways to Keep Warm I suggest that you make two .gifs of Paul, one of him being bundled up with all those coats and another of him outside waddling around wearing it all.
  • At the end of cH 5 the "gang" scattering like a bunch of cockroaches. Looping it with chunks of that montage before that of the gang trying to act street may make it flow better and be flat out funnier.
  • From cH 9, "Lightning Bolt" in a loop, going from showing the LARPer throwing the balls to the wide shot to Graham looking confused.
  • From RapStar 64K, Paul stroking his beard during his music video. Hell, clips of Paul doing anything in his music video.

That should keep you busy for a while.

~V
ImageImageImageImage
davefp

Postby davefp » 09 Dec 2009, 18:08

I've just noticed that Graham saying 'Noisome' lip-synchs excellently with 'Oh, Snap!'. Is the flying text in that gif part of the original video? If not, replacing it with an 'Oh, Snap!' would be epic
Alja-Markir
Trebuchet Enthusiast

Postby Alja-Markir » 09 Dec 2009, 22:51

Master Gunner wrote:People got mad at me the last time I changed my avatar to something non-Zeppelin, but Matt Pelvic Thrusting from "Easy Bake Spore" would be a good one to have around.

Oh, having finished watching the video again, Paul popping into frame, then looping to reverse back out...and in....and out....and in.....

The thrusting one is hilarious, but unfortunately has a slight jerking motion before the end because SOMEBODY can't do a proper whip-pan...

The Paul one turned out pretty well too, but I had to crop such a wide shot and totally remove Jer. Also, Paul's timings are weird, makes it hard to splice it appropriately if I try to cut out the talking and such. I might be able to get him just leaning in and then moving back out if you want, but it'll be tricky.

davefp wrote:Not LRR related, but how about the Spy's head exploding from the meet the spy video (around 2:20)?

Well damn, that's disgusting. But it came out so well, and was an easy job too!

infinite_guest wrote:Could I possibly request one from Phailhaus 4 of Graham smacking himself in the forehead? And could I possibly also get a bigger one to use on ONTD?

Want it tweaked at all? My first instinct was to have it stay on just the funny face, and cut out the serious one. On reflection, though I like the contrast between the two expressions. Still, your call.

Also, exactly how big do you want the bigger version to be?

Vanguard wrote:Alright, I'll play this game. I'm sure I can throw a couple ideas out there to keep you busy:

• From Ways to Keep Warm I suggest that you make two .gifs of Paul, one of him being bundled up with all those coats and another of him outside waddling around wearing it all.
  • At the end of cH 5 the "gang" scattering like a bunch of cockroaches. Looping it with chunks of that montage before that of the gang trying to act street may make it flow better and be flat out funnier.
  • From cH 9, "Lightning Bolt" in a loop, going from showing the LARPer throwing the balls to the wide shot to Graham looking confused.
  • From RapStar 64K, Paul stroking his beard during his music video. Hell, clips of Paul doing anything in his music video.

That should keep you busy for a while.

~V

I'll do these last, because they seem less like requests and more like challenges. That said, though, I am in fact so awesome that I already beat one of your challenges before you even posed it!

Those two are, however, just a tad overwide. Ahh, for the carefree days of youth, when a man can get away with sloppy avatar sizing. But I am far wiser now.

davefp wrote:I've just noticed that Graham saying 'Noisome' lip-synchs excellently with 'Oh, Snap!'. Is the flying text in that gif part of the original video? If not, replacing it with an 'Oh, Snap!' would be epic

Sorry, but the fly in words were an animation added by Graham in the original video. I'm flattered that you thought maybe I did them, though! I only WISH I could create effects like that with such ease.

~Alja~
King Kool
Quality and Quantity

Postby King Kool » 09 Dec 2009, 23:20

If I were a mod, I would change the title to say "the yiffer has awakened..." that'd be awesome...
a winner is you. - Ash
King Kool, you are wrong. - Graham
King Kool, shut your face. - James
This thread was creepy until KingKool made it AWESOME. - Tombrend
Why this obsession with foam implements? - Metcarfre
infinite_guest

Postby infinite_guest » 09 Dec 2009, 23:27

Alja-Markir wrote:
infinite_guest wrote:Could I possibly request one from Phailhaus 4 of Graham smacking himself in the forehead? And could I possibly also get a bigger one to use on ONTD?

Want it tweaked at all? My first instinct was to have it stay on just the funny face, and cut out the serious one. On reflection, though I like the contrast between the two expressions. Still, your call.

Also, exactly how big do you want the bigger version to be?

It's perfect! And as for sizing on the big one, maybe about yay big in length (proportional to the actual video in width.
Longwood: Location of Harvard Medical School where evil mad scientists and Jews create transgenic monsters.
Alja-Markir
Trebuchet Enthusiast

Postby Alja-Markir » 10 Dec 2009, 00:21

Okay! So now that I've finished wrestling with Photobucket's stupid insistance on saving a 275 x 275 pixel image as only a 131 x 131 pixel one, it is done!

The width is an exact match to the sample you provided, with an equal height. Enjoy!

EDIT: I just reread your request and realize it's possible that I misread it the first time. Just in case, gonna make a new version that matches the OTHER possible meaning of what you wrote.

~Alja~

Addendum: Other possible variants. I realized there were actually two variations of this new size you might have meant.

urmas

Postby urmas » 10 Dec 2009, 03:34

Also, PEW PEW PEW!
Image Image
On twitch I am ufokraana (when hanging out) or only_scrubs_skip_leg_day (when broadcasting).
Mad Madam Mimm
First Video: Omnilingual
Location: Merry Ol' England. An almost interesting place. Almost.

Postby Mad Madam Mimm » 10 Dec 2009, 03:42

I would be incredibly greatful for somethign from secret life of toast... maybe the burglar tripping and tumble-rolling? Looped or rewound.
Yaxley wrote:I think life occasionally needs someone to ask "Okay, seriously guys. What the hell is going on?"

2 Students, 1 Alien (1 cat, 1 blob and several supporting characters, not to mention weekly sillies)

Tap-dancing Transvestite Ventriloquist
infinite_guest

Postby infinite_guest » 10 Dec 2009, 07:51

Alja-Markir wrote:Image

Okay! So now that I've finished wrestling with Photobucket's stupid insistance on saving a 275 x 275 pixel image as only a 131 x 131 pixel one, it is done!

The width is an exact match to the sample you provided, with an equal height. Enjoy!

EDIT: I just reread your request and realize it's possible that I misread it the first time. Just in case, gonna make a new version that matches the OTHER possible meaning of what you wrote.

~Alja~

Addendum: Other possible variants. I realized there were actually two variations of this new size you might have meant.

They're lovely, thank you!
Smidge

Postby Smidge » 10 Dec 2009, 15:39

Mad Madam Mimm wrote:I would be incredibly greatful for somethign from secret life of toast... maybe the burglar tripping and tumble-rolling? Looped or rewound.

My first attempt at an avatar.
JohnyMcmuffin
THERE'S Waldo!
First Video: The Stages

Postby JohnyMcmuffin » 10 Dec 2009, 15:59

That is a nice .gif Smidge, but the constant spinning induces motion sickness. Would it be possible to pause longer between spins?
theDreamer
First Video: Quantum Documentary

Postby theDreamer » 10 Dec 2009, 16:10

Like you are in a position to judge. Your avatar induces paranoia.
I can put my hands in my head, and I can laugh it in the face.
urmas

Postby urmas » 10 Dec 2009, 16:18

From The Secret Life of Toast:

I didn't find a smart way to fades in GIMP, so the fade back from Toast was me dragging one frame atop the another and adjusting opacity 20 times.
Smidge

Postby Smidge » 10 Dec 2009, 16:59

JohnyMcmuffin wrote:That is a nice .gif Smidge, but the constant spinning induces motion sickness. Would it be possible to pause longer between spins?

Sure, I'll just up the delay for that frame. Will 3000 ms be enough?

Edit,

Fixed
Metcarfre
First Video: Not Applicable

Postby Metcarfre » 10 Dec 2009, 18:08

No offense Alja, but I changed mine. I'm in a festive mood. I'll change back after the holidays.
Master Gunner

Postby Master Gunner » 10 Dec 2009, 18:23

Smidge, I think you misplaced a decimal or something, the new one has almost no pause between spins.
TheRocket wrote:Apparently the crotch area could not contain the badonkadonk area.
TorachiKatashi

Postby TorachiKatashi » 10 Dec 2009, 19:04

It pauses on my end, like, 3 seconds.
Master Gunner

Postby Master Gunner » 10 Dec 2009, 19:26

Now it does too for me. Odd.
Smidge

Postby Smidge » 10 Dec 2009, 20:39

It just needed a F5 / Refresh on your end I think, seeing I overwrote the file, your cache might have just used the old one.

Return to “General Discussion”