Ideas for DBfH '10 Bus Fare for Hope

Drop by and talk about anything you want. This is where all cheese-related discussions should go
Dubious_wolf
First Video: Mercenary Solutions 2

Ideas for DBfH '10 Bus Fare for Hope

Postby Dubious_wolf » 30 Nov 2009, 13:05

Hello all! With the close of Desert Bus for Hope 3 I find myself feeling guilty that I watched the webcam feeds but didn't donate... The biggest reason was that I felt I didn't have the cash funds to do so. This got me to thinking, what if I saved my pocket change over the course of the coming year and then donated whatever sum of I came up with to Childs Play... Kinda like raising bus fare
So I will start this thread in the hopes that others will do the same.
All you have to do is post that you promise to help raise "Bus Fare" for the groups 2010 journey. I was thinking of calling it Bus Fare for Hope if it wasn't obvious from the title.
So then to start I Dubious_wolf will save my pocket change for the 2010 bus trip. (I have a 1L blue water bottle I hope to fill by then)
^( " )^
winner!
Master Gunner
Defending us from The Dutch!
First Video: How To Talk Like A Pirate

Re: Ideas for DBfH '10 Bus Fare for Hope

Postby Master Gunner » 30 Nov 2009, 13:15

Don't feel guilty for not being able to donate, I watched Desert Bus's 1 and 2 without having any means or funds to donate. Just watching and spreading the word helps them, especially during the slow periods. When you can donate, even 5 buck helps. But don't put yourself out of food or university to do so.
TheRocket wrote:Apparently the crotch area could not contain the badonkadonk area.
Twitter | Click here to join the Desert Bus Community Chat.
iamafish
First Video: Crime and Punishment

Postby iamafish » 30 Nov 2009, 13:17

I was in the same situation as you dubious. during desert bus i struck upon a pretty neat idea. I'm 18 in june, which means i will be able to have my own debit card, which means i can set up a paypal account. I also have a blog (link in the sig :P). i have the option of putting ads on the blog, which will given me some revenue. this is something i have avoided doing thus far because i dont have a paypal account or a debit card (and using my parent's would just be too much hassle), and i didn't really want to profit from my blog because i saw it as a hobby not a job. also i am a little worried as to what ads google would put on it.

However i have decided that from june i will be 'monetising' my blog, with all the money i make from it being saved and then used for making the crew do my bidding for the children.
Thoughts From a Fish Bowl<------ my blog...

My Twitter

iamafish never wrote:the male trouser snake is evidence that evolution has no sense of aesthetics
sdhonda
First Video: Fun With Microwaves

Postby sdhonda » 30 Nov 2009, 13:23

Due to flooding and work and being short on cash for things like food, I could'nt donate either.

Dont worry about it.
Dubious_wolf
First Video: Mercenary Solutions 2

Postby Dubious_wolf » 30 Nov 2009, 13:24

@ Master Gunner: Well I don't think pocket change will break the bank, also I think that I could raise a pretty hefty amount by doing it...
@ lamafish: That's a neat idea there. I hope Google doesn't throw any wierd ad banners though! I haven't really been website savvy, but it's cool to hear about the ad banners being turned toward good.
^( " )^
winner!
tak197
Feito Com Fruta
First Video: How To Talk Like A Pirate

Postby tak197 » 30 Nov 2009, 13:53

Honestly, I think it's a great idea. Taking your spare change and saving it up over a year is great. The only thing is you have to make sure you pay with cash often. But I think you have a great idea.
korri
First Video: I honestly can't remember...

Postby korri » 30 Nov 2009, 16:09

This is a really great idea! It seems like I'm always getting spare change from buying random things... I might have to try it out as well!
Hello world, remember me? I'm the sad little fuck that you failed to see, who you should have recognized When you had the chance. Hello motherfuckers now its time to dance

my photos! => http://korrinn.deviantart.com

Return to “General Discussion”