The thread of win

Drop by and talk about anything you want. This is where all cheese-related discussions should go
Darkobra
First Video: ISC: Goat Penis

Re: The thread of win

Postby Darkobra » 08 Mar 2014, 19:03

I technically got the job. They want me back in a few months to start. So downed a bottle of whiskey. That's breakfast sorted.
Lyinginbedmon wrote:You are clearly some form of incorporeal undead.
Like a vampire.
But with knives.
Tapir12
First Video: Kei Kon 2004

Postby Tapir12 » 10 Mar 2014, 15:04

This is an amazing article about an autistic child who learned to communicate using Disney movies. Wow.
Things I like and maybe you will too:
AIESEC | Monster | Juuni Kokki | Vienna Teng | Guide To Canada
Keab42

Postby Keab42 » 11 Mar 2014, 12:55

Tesla finally let me stroke him today.
Keab42: Keeb-forty-two Deal with it. @Keab42 | | +Keab42 | | Tumblr
The Jester
First Video: The Truce

Postby The Jester » 11 Mar 2014, 13:59

That raises... sooo many questions.

How was a 71 year-dead scientist actively preventing you from stroking him? And why were you within stroking distance? What have you done today that changed his mind? How is it a corpse that's been decaying for over half a century has a mind that can be changed? :?
Keab42

Postby Keab42 » 11 Mar 2014, 14:57

Ah, I see where some confusion may have arisen. Tesla is also the name of the cat I adopted from the RSPCA in February.
The Jester

Postby The Jester » 11 Mar 2014, 15:16

Oooohhhh. I see. Yes, that makes much more sense.

Unless noted scientist Nikola Tesla is not, in fact, dead, but instead transmuted himself into a cat and made his way to the United Kingdom where, now immortal, he positioned himself with the RSPCA near you, ready to be adopted and by you and fulfill his ultimate plans!
Keab42

Postby Keab42 » 11 Mar 2014, 16:31

In that case his plans involve hiding under furniture for 5 weeks and counting...
Ptangmatik
First Video: probably one of the 1st unskippables

Postby Ptangmatik » 11 Mar 2014, 19:27

Finished a 45 minute meeting (at 1.15 am) with my boss in which he informed me that since I was doing reasonably well, I am quite secure in my job (another guy recently got fired for doing very little, most of which was poor quality). As such, I think I'm going to trade in 'Death trap' Clive (my 15 year old VW Polo) for a moderately newer and less hilariously dangerous car (for instance: recently the door lock fell off).

Also, my boss bought me a coffee.
Geoff_B wrote: ... Even for here, that was weird.
Phailhammer
First Video: Fun With Microwaves (I think)

Postby Phailhammer » 11 Mar 2014, 20:10

Reminds me of the car my parents had in England in 1990; the driver's window had two positions: up or down.
Preacher wrote:Do you have one of those for every occasion, Phailhammer?
Geoff_B wrote:And lo, the plot to end the world was undone by a bandwidth exceeded notice.
FictionPress stories:
The Vitaris Insurrection, The Outbreak (The latter not written by me, but I am in it.)
auberginequeen
First Video: Rejected 'Get A Mac' Ads

Postby auberginequeen » 12 Mar 2014, 12:59

Got a freaking A+ on a paper worth 25% that I hated. I could've done so much more for it and I was sure it was more like A- at best. My prof has a reputation of being a bit of a hard-ass (though I like him) but he didn't have many comments for me. Even his little comment about it said it was remarkable how few comments he had.

Problem is, though, that:

1. I have a presentation for this class worth 30% tomorrow that I don't feel at all prepared for (I've always been terrible at presentations)

2. He's marking the second paper based on how much we've improved. As he noted, it's way harder to improve from an A than a C. Darn it.

Anyway yay! Back to work now...
The Jester

Postby The Jester » 12 Mar 2014, 15:02

Keab42 wrote:In that case his plans involve hiding under furniture for 5 weeks and counting...

Well that's obvious. Clearly he's still building up his lab and research infrastructure.
Fezzul
First Video: Toothy Smile

Postby Fezzul » 12 Mar 2014, 20:19

If Eddie Izzard is to be believed, he's drilling...
-----------------------------------------
And that's the news. Skeptics remain skeptical.
MinniChi
First Video: Your Very Own Prom

Postby MinniChi » 13 Mar 2014, 18:53

My older sister whom I have not seen in about 3 years is coming home! I get to see her on Tuesday (assuming bad weather doesn't interfere). She also gets to meet her youngest nephew for the first time. I can't wait! Though I guarantee, after 4 hour with her, I won't be so excited about seeing her.
No trees were killed to send this message, but a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced
Darkobra
First Video: ISC: Goat Penis

Postby Darkobra » 14 Mar 2014, 22:16

A friend said I had a gift for fighting and that I was just naturally good at it. He said that I could be one of the greatest fighters in the UFC if I wanted to go that route.

I said that the reason I fight is to protect. It's fun sparring with people that strong! It is! I will not deny that for a second. But to do that every single day and professionally? Not who I am. I cannot knock a guy out because someone told me to with their grand judgement being "It's for entertainment!"

It's a comfort to know that one of my sparring friends said I was that good. But every single person here is smart enough to know there's always someone stronger. 20 years training is nothing. Not if I want to keep all that I love safe. I need another 80 years and can't take it lightly.

I wonder if I'll find someone in this life that can keep me strong? Or maybe in the next life I'll find my own Valhalla. Fighting during the day, drinking and the people I love during the night! That does sound like somewhere I'd die for.
Lyinginbedmon wrote:You are clearly some form of incorporeal undead.
Like a vampire.
But with knives.
Merrymaker_Mortalis
First Video: ENN's First Episode on Escapist

Postby Merrymaker_Mortalis » 15 Mar 2014, 12:32

It makes me always happy when Valve notifies me that someone I had previously reported for misconduct was dealt with.
It encourages me to report more people.
Elomin Sha
First Video: Max Effect

Postby Elomin Sha » 15 Mar 2014, 13:00

My little brother had his 7th Birthday today, four years ago the doctors said there was a slight possibility he may not see that after his heart operation. We went bowling and after seeing his sister win a plush at a crane game he had a go but didn't win on his four attempts. He was a little upset holding onto my mother's legs.
£6 later and 20 goes I managed to win Phil the Minion from Despicable Me 2 (first time I ever won a crane game). His face lit up when I told him that was all I could win him.
Last edited by Elomin Sha on 16 Mar 2014, 15:41, edited 2 times in total.
The most unique, nicest, and confusing individual you will get to know. Don't be stupid around me, that's my job.
https://displate.com/elominsha/galleries
If you need art, I take commissions, PM me.
Jamfalcon
First Video: Killer Instinct

Postby Jamfalcon » 15 Mar 2014, 13:08

:mrgreen:
"Jamfalcon's a super weird name" - Graham

I wrote a book!
Prospero101
First Video: Feed Dump: Soldiers of Fortune

Postby Prospero101 » 15 Mar 2014, 13:56

Darkobra wrote:A friend said I had a gift for fighting and that I was just naturally good at it. He said that I could be one of the greatest fighters in the UFC if I wanted to go that route.

Apropos of nothing, I picture Darkobra as a down-and-dirty barfighter. Lots of broken bottles and concrete traffic barriers.

Anyway, my dad hasn't touched his Xbox 360 in god knows how long, so he let me set it up in my room. Now I can actually play some goddamn vidjagaemz while I wait for my computer to come back from repairs.

I've decided to work my way through the Assassin's Creed series. I finished one and two a long time ago, so I'm currently working on Brotherhood.
It's all over but the crying. And the taxes.

"Perfectionism might look good in his shiny shoes, but he's kind of an asshole and no one invites him to their pool parties."
MinniChi
First Video: Your Very Own Prom

Postby MinniChi » 15 Mar 2014, 14:08

My part-time kitchen job pays out 15 an hour, and I got my first pay from them. And the hours are even better since I get out early enough to have dinner with my kids.

This is also my first good job where I'm earning more than minimum wage. Hooray! I feel like an adult now!
Last edited by MinniChi on 15 Mar 2014, 15:59, edited 1 time in total.
No trees were killed to send this message, but a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced
Phailhammer
First Video: Fun With Microwaves (I think)

Postby Phailhammer » 15 Mar 2014, 15:54

Prospero101 wrote:Apropos of nothing, I picture Darkobra as a down-and-dirty barfighter. Lots of broken bottles and concrete traffic barriers.

That just made me think of Durarara. XD
Preacher wrote:Do you have one of those for every occasion, Phailhammer?
Geoff_B wrote:And lo, the plot to end the world was undone by a bandwidth exceeded notice.
FictionPress stories:
The Vitaris Insurrection, The Outbreak (The latter not written by me, but I am in it.)
empath
First Video: How to Talk Like a Pirate

Postby empath » 15 Mar 2014, 18:21

Elomin? Some day I'm gonna have to do something nice for you, since you clearly deserve it. :D
Elomin Sha
First Video: Max Effect

Postby Elomin Sha » 16 Mar 2014, 02:50

I am pretty much a nice person all the time. I just suffer from foot in mouth.
Edit: I meant 20 tries.
The most unique, nicest, and confusing individual you will get to know. Don't be stupid around me, that's my job.
https://displate.com/elominsha/galleries
If you need art, I take commissions, PM me.
Geoff_B
First Video: Installation Anxiety

Postby Geoff_B » 16 Mar 2014, 13:31

empath wrote:Elomin? Some day I'm gonna have to do something nice for you, since you clearly deserve it. :D

^ This :D
Twitter|Google+|Tumblr|Facebook|Steam|Skype: gmbridges

I survived spaMEGAdon and all I got was this lousy signature joke.

#TeamMonica, #TeamMaki, #TeamTavis
My pseudonym is Ix
First Video: Canadian Girlfriend

Postby My pseudonym is Ix » 16 Mar 2014, 16:05

Project handin done, and an hour spent sitting with friends and good-quality whiskey. After a hella stressy weekend, I'm feeling quite content.
"Let us think the unthinkable, let us do the undoable, let us prepare to grapple with the ineffable itself, and see if we may not Image it after all."
Robo4900
First Video: Installation Anxiety

Postby Robo4900 » 16 Mar 2014, 18:56

Being as this is the thread of win, and that is quite vague, it's time for win, me-style!...

So, imagine a viking, with the most epic beard ever, standing on a mountain, guitar-dueling with Darth Vader, who's on top of a dragon listening to Chickenfoot.
"If we hit that bullseye, the rest of the dominoes should fall like a house of cards. Checkmate."

Return to “General Discussion”