The thread of win

Drop by and talk about anything you want. This is where all cheese-related discussions should go
Dutch guy
First Video: History of Halo

Re: The thread of win

Postby Dutch guy » 29 May 2014, 14:42

The ICEE-3 Reboot team managed to make contact with the probe and active telemetry!
THE DUTCH!! THE DUTCH AGAIN!!!!!
Elomin Sha wrote:Dutch guy is the King of the Dutch.
Merrymaker_Mortalis
First Video: ENN's First Episode on Escapist

Postby Merrymaker_Mortalis » 30 May 2014, 02:52

I love The Common Linnets. They came second in Eurovision representing Netherlands, and I love their album.

I'm not someone who listens to Country besides Johnny Cash, but I think their album is great.
I've never had this for a Eurovision entrant before. I tried listening to Miss Forest's album last year and it was medicore.

I think this is almost what the people who like aBBA felt like.
My pseudonym is Ix
First Video: Canadian Girlfriend

Postby My pseudonym is Ix » 30 May 2014, 10:54

2 internships have just called me for interview in a single day. Bring it on, bitches.
"Let us think the unthinkable, let us do the undoable, let us prepare to grapple with the ineffable itself, and see if we may not Image it after all."
Bebop Man
First Video: The Pirate Video

Postby Bebop Man » 30 May 2014, 12:26

Man I haven't had a win in a while. I did in class yesterday but every time I have one in school something in the back of my head goes "You shouldn't even still be here in the first place!"
ex-Lurker
First Video: 'Skeeterpellant

Postby ex-Lurker » 30 May 2014, 12:29

Job get! I'll be working/living in a provincial park, so happy right now.
Totally accurate, except for all the times I'm not.
Dutch guy

Postby Dutch guy » 30 May 2014, 15:11

Congrats ex-Lurker!
CaptainEnder7
First Video: Unskippable: Lost Planet

Postby CaptainEnder7 » 30 May 2014, 16:11

Just directed an excellent elementary school chorus concert. The kids sounded great and it's the last really big responsibility for me for the school year. Feels good.

"Ok, so, some sort of well-dressed ostrich. What's the next move?"

"CaptainEnder7: Space Asshole and Rogue Space Pooper" - Kathleen (and Graham) Commercial
ex-Lurker
First Video: 'Skeeterpellant

Postby ex-Lurker » 30 May 2014, 17:02

Thanks Dutch Guy!
Totally accurate, except for all the times I'm not.
Deedles
First Video: Man Cooking

Postby Deedles » 03 Jun 2014, 14:12

Pretty sure we had a thread of hope, but I can't find it, so posting it here will have to do!

Talk to us we couldn't get him to laugh or smile it was his second birthday and his second birthday in children's with pneumonia but when he saw them it made his day!!! I guess seeing how excited he was made one of them come in and talk to him and when we told him it was his birthday he left about an hour later showed up with balloons a cake and a couple toys I was so grateful the man (Nathan) was able to get Sam to eat a huge piece of cake and two hot dogs....

It's not a personal story, but one I found on Facebook, and it warmed my heart to read.
Hurp-De-Durp!
empath
First Video: How to Talk Like a Pirate

Postby empath » 03 Jun 2014, 17:23

Try this, hun - shamefully it dropped to page 3 :(

But yeah, thanks for that: hope, win, ALL OF IT! :D
Deedles

Postby Deedles » 03 Jun 2014, 17:33

Then lets rectify that, shall we? :D
Hurp-De-Durp!
Metcarfre
First Video: Not Applicable

Postby Metcarfre » 04 Jun 2014, 09:34

Ahahahahahahaha - http://www.reddit.com/r/TwoXChromosomes ... d_me_in_a/

I was walking out of the AMC Loews theater on Boston Common at about 9pm on a Friday night. I live in Cambridge, and the other movie-goers I was with were going in the other direction, leaving me on my own. The entrance to the Red Line T stop (subway) is across the street and down the block from the theater, so I was only outside for about two minutes before this happened, still well within view of dozens of people.

A man that looked to be at least fifteen years older than myself who was walking near me in the same direction took an extra step to catch up to me and put his arm around my shoulder and grabbed my breast, and said "Hey".

I'm small. I'm blonde. I wear t-shirts, jeans and old sneakers. I practice monstrous voices as a hobby. One of these things came out to my advantage.

I pushed him off me, and in my most threatening bellow yelled, "HOW DARE YOU TOUCH ME?" Please see the Vocaroo link for a low-quality replicated voice clip that I only wish could be as good as my fear-inspired ourburst: Link to Clip[1]

The guy froze, his mouth open and face in total shock. I knew I caught him by surprise. It took me a few seconds, between him standing funny and the smell to realize that he crapped in his pants.

I looked around, and saw a few other people staring, probably because I had just yelled at someone in a park, and made an awkward walk away from the guy. I was shaken from being grabbed, and got to the Park Street station as fast as I could walk.

This was not the first time I was groped, and it will likely not be the last. I can only hope that this one man will have felt some sort of primal fear, and will never touch a person without their permission again.

Also, if anyone cares, I was coming out of seeing Muppets: Most Wanted. I fucking love the Muppets.

EDIT: The ", and" in the title is accidental. Oops. Grammar.

tl;dr Guy grabbed my chest, I yelled real spooky-like, he pooped.
empath

Postby empath » 04 Jun 2014, 09:39

John MOTHEFUCKING Oliver. Nuff Said.

He explains Net Neutrality (and its imminent demise) in a way that is apt, and beautiful and hilarious...

And the FCC's website's commenting system (provided by SUN MICROSYSTEMS based on the icon on my browser tab) crashed a day later...but it's up now, and

Proceeding # 14-28 "Protecting and Promoting the Open Internet" has more than forty-five thousand 'filings' (comments), over twenty-five times of the next most-talked-about proceeding, and maybe a THOUSAND TIMES MORE THAN THE OVERALL AVERAGE.

This dude really can get it done.
My pseudonym is Ix
First Video: Canadian Girlfriend

Postby My pseudonym is Ix » 04 Jun 2014, 10:44

Metcarfre wrote:Ahahahahahahaha - http://www.reddit.com/r/TwoXChromosomes ... d_me_in_a/

I was walking out of the AMC Loews theater on Boston Common at about 9pm on a Friday night. I live in Cambridge, and the other movie-goers I was with were going in the other direction, leaving me on my own. The entrance to the Red Line T stop (subway) is across the street and down the block from the theater, so I was only outside for about two minutes before this happened, still well within view of dozens of people.

A man that looked to be at least fifteen years older than myself who was walking near me in the same direction took an extra step to catch up to me and put his arm around my shoulder and grabbed my breast, and said "Hey".

I'm small. I'm blonde. I wear t-shirts, jeans and old sneakers. I practice monstrous voices as a hobby. One of these things came out to my advantage.

I pushed him off me, and in my most threatening bellow yelled, "HOW DARE YOU TOUCH ME?" Please see the Vocaroo link for a low-quality replicated voice clip that I only wish could be as good as my fear-inspired ourburst: Link to Clip[1]

The guy froze, his mouth open and face in total shock. I knew I caught him by surprise. It took me a few seconds, between him standing funny and the smell to realize that he crapped in his pants.

I looked around, and saw a few other people staring, probably because I had just yelled at someone in a park, and made an awkward walk away from the guy. I was shaken from being grabbed, and got to the Park Street station as fast as I could walk.

This was not the first time I was groped, and it will likely not be the last. I can only hope that this one man will have felt some sort of primal fear, and will never touch a person without their permission again.

Also, if anyone cares, I was coming out of seeing Muppets: Most Wanted. I fucking love the Muppets.

EDIT: The ", and" in the title is accidental. Oops. Grammar.

tl;dr Guy grabbed my chest, I yelled real spooky-like, he pooped.

That is goddamn superb :)
"Let us think the unthinkable, let us do the undoable, let us prepare to grapple with the ineffable itself, and see if we may not Image it after all."
Bebop Man
First Video: The Pirate Video

Postby Bebop Man » 06 Jun 2014, 09:21

I'm gonna be a juror for the CILECT Prize (film students from around the world judging student films from around the world)! Super happy.
Amake
First Video: Le Cafe

Postby Amake » 07 Jun 2014, 10:35

So Bill Watterson drew some Pearls Before Swine strips.

I like this for several reasons. Firstly, it's Bill Watterson. Also, he's still got the touch. And it's so low key, when every paper that runs the strip could have made it front page news. At least once the cartoonists told them. And let's not forget, Bill Watterson.
Last edited by Amake on 07 Jun 2014, 10:45, edited 1 time in total.
"I know I tend to sound like I think what I say is written in stone, but please ignore that. I assure you I'm well aware that I have no idea what I'm talking about." -Amake, 2015
Darkobra
First Video: ISC: Goat Penis

Postby Darkobra » 07 Jun 2014, 10:42

I love that comic. I read it in the paper on the bus.
Lyinginbedmon wrote:You are clearly some form of incorporeal undead.
Like a vampire.
But with knives.
empath

Postby empath » 07 Jun 2014, 17:55

Gee, did some narrow-minded idiot overgrown boy-children get tol' by A REAL MAN who died before they were born? :twisted:
Phailhammer
First Video: Fun With Microwaves (I think)

Postby Phailhammer » 07 Jun 2014, 18:15

I think that's about the fourth time I've tried to hit "reblog" before remembering which site I'm on. XD
Preacher wrote:Do you have one of those for every occasion, Phailhammer?
Geoff_B wrote:And lo, the plot to end the world was undone by a bandwidth exceeded notice.
FictionPress stories:
The Vitaris Insurrection, The Outbreak (The latter not written by me, but I am in it.)
korvys
First Video: Zero Punctuation: X-Blades/Halo Wars

Postby korvys » 08 Jun 2014, 03:44

So I got a new watch:
"Why does Sonic chill like dawgs?" - Graham
"Causation. Still a leading cause of correlation"" - Oglaf

Google+ / Twitter / Mastodon
keybase.io
Darkobra
First Video: ISC: Goat Penis

Postby Darkobra » 08 Jun 2014, 04:13

And there it is in a tenth of its size.
Lyinginbedmon wrote:You are clearly some form of incorporeal undead.
Like a vampire.
But with knives.
Merrymaker_Mortalis
First Video: ENN's First Episode on Escapist

Postby Merrymaker_Mortalis » 09 Jun 2014, 07:58

I finished my 10 drawings of Pokemon for a internet microproject.

I'm happy how they turned out. I realise it's difficult and very boring trying to replicate the Pokemon Artist style, so I broke out the drawing inks and did it my way.

I think they look good. I won't be surprised if some internet people will be like "QQ dey look shite" as they're accustomed to perfect transcription of images or that stylised fantasy art style.

I'll share them in the Art thread when I've done the thing. I need to scan the images tomorrow or sometime.
Smeghead
Bear Hunter S
First Video: The Writers Room

Postby Smeghead » 10 Jun 2014, 01:52

Yay, my employment was prolonged another 6 months, and I got a raise.
Maybe this means that this year has stop being "the worst year of my life so far" now.
Dutch guy

Postby Dutch guy » 10 Jun 2014, 06:46

Go Smeghead!
Deedles

Postby Deedles » 10 Jun 2014, 06:49

I got an informal interview tomorrow. I'm pondering on if I should of posted this in mixed feelings since I'm nervous and excited, but I'm mostly excited, and glad that this has happened, because even if I don't get the job it's broken the trend of 'Sorry, we've gone forward with other applicants.' that it just feels refreshing!
Hurp-De-Durp!

Return to “General Discussion”