Help plz win some Mashable Web Awards...

Drop by and talk about anything you want. This is where all cheese-related discussions should go
Kroze
Filled With Regret

Help plz win some Mashable Web Awards...

Postby Kroze » 11 Dec 2009, 17:20

Hey guys, its your lovable human Banhammer who never sleeps Kroze here...
I have come here with a mission for all of you LRR fans.
As many of you may be aware of right now, the 3rd Annual Mashables Web Awards Contest is happening and there is about 2 days left.
Both Loading Ready Run and the series I work on, Yu-Gi-Oh: The Abridged Series are currently up in the running for Funniest Youtube Channel.
For the past couple weeks, YGO:TAS has been going almost head to head with another one of the nominees in the votes, raywilliamjohnson.

He, having waaaaaayyy more fans and followers and is also a youtube partner, has a LOT more pull then anything we could hope to pull off, but seeing as how we are kinda the underdog in this situation (And still behind by several thousands of votes) we at least wanna give him a run for his money.

Currently LRR is kinda out of the running and doesn't have much of a chance to catch up in the Funniest Youtube Channel category, but I think we may have a chance to all win here...
If we combine all of our powers and just vote for CardGamesFTW, we may have a small shot at claiming this thing together as fanbases in arms.

I know most of you here are fans of both LRR and YGO:TAS so I think as of right now, no matter which of us wins, one of us two NEEDS to give em hell!

So I ask all of you faithful and awesome Runners if we can all converge on the 3rd Annual Mashables Web Awards for Funniest Youtube video and help vote up CardGamesFTW for the next two days to see if we can't have somewhat a shot at this!

In return, I am asking all the YGO:TAS fans to vote up Secret of the Sauce for Funniest Youtube Video.

ARE YOU WITH ME?!?!?!?!
Kara
First Video: The Bet

Re: Help plz win some Mashable Web Awards...

Postby Kara » 11 Dec 2009, 17:25

Consider YGO:TAS voted for by me. =)
epocalypse
First Video: omnilingual (not including unskippable)
Location: the county of los angeles, the city of los angeles, whichever state los angeles is in.

Postby epocalypse » 11 Dec 2009, 17:28

now, while i do enjoy your series, i'm a LRRboy at heart, and I've already voted for them back during desert bus. sorry Hambanner. Good luck taking down the man.

unless... can we revote? I don't really know how mashable works.
Last edited by epocalypse on 11 Dec 2009, 17:29, edited 1 time in total.
Time flies when I launch grandfather clocks from my trebuchet.
Arius wrote:Epocalypse? More like Epicalypse, amirite? -Arius
and now, here's a link to new animated film, broken_test_zero's blog, and here'sa link to our facebook page.
my personal site
Kroze
Filled With Regret

Postby Kroze » 11 Dec 2009, 17:29

epocalypse wrote:now, while i do enjoy your series, i'm a LRRboy at heart, and I've already voted for them back during desert bus. sorry Hambanner. Good luck taking down the man.

The voting resets every 24 hours so every 24 hours you can vote again...
Even if you have voted before you can vote again... and then vote one more time seeing as how there are 2 days left...
epocalypse
Location: the county of los angeles, the city of los angeles, whichever state los angeles is in.

Postby epocalypse » 11 Dec 2009, 17:30

Kroze wrote:
epocalypse wrote:now, while i do enjoy your series, i'm a LRRboy at heart, and I've already voted for them back during desert bus. sorry Hambanner. Good luck taking down the man.

The voting resets every 24 hours so every 24 hours you can vote again...
Even if you have voted before you can vote again... and then vote one more time seeing as how there are 2 days left...

oh. okay then, i'm on board to help.
and now, here's a link to new animated film, broken_test_zero's blog, and here'sa link to our facebook page.
my personal site
Evil Jim
First Video: Shake Your Hands

Postby Evil Jim » 11 Dec 2009, 17:35

Loading Ready Run > everything else
Arius wrote:People were just so awestruck by your awesomeness that they became catatonic.
ThrashJazzAssassin wrote:BURN HIM! BURN THE HERETIC! DEATH TO ALL WHO SCORN THE AWESOMENESS OF EVIL JIM!
Kroze
Filled With Regret

Postby Kroze » 11 Dec 2009, 17:50

Evil Jim wrote:Loading Ready Run > everything else

Sadly right now LRR doesn't really have a chance between the battle between raywilliamjohnson and YGO:TAS...
Hell, YGO:TAS barely is standing its ground.
Hence the asking for help here, so that at least one of us can come out of this victorious.
Interruptor Jones

Postby Interruptor Jones » 11 Dec 2009, 18:03

Consider it to be on like Donkey Kong.

(Which means yes I will help)

There is no 'm' in 'sexy'.
epocalypse

Postby epocalypse » 11 Dec 2009, 18:10

Sadly, Jim, they don't seem to be weighing our votes correctly, as our correct votes for LRR aren't weighed +1,000,000 compared to everyone else's incorrect votes.

Sad world.
my personal site
Evil Jim

Postby Evil Jim » 11 Dec 2009, 18:17

I just noticed the seasonal alteration to your avatar. I don't know what it is supposed to be besides a handful of movie film but it made me laugh anyway.
Arius wrote:People were just so awestruck by your awesomeness that they became catatonic.
ThrashJazzAssassin wrote:BURN HIM! BURN THE HERETIC! DEATH TO ALL WHO SCORN THE AWESOMENESS OF EVIL JIM!
Arius
First Video: Max Effect

Postby Arius » 11 Dec 2009, 20:43

epocalypse wrote:

Sadly, Jim, they don't seem to be weighing our votes correctly, as our correct votes for LRR aren't weighed +1,000,000 compared to everyone else's incorrect votes.

Sad world.

So, you'll vote for who you think could win over who you want to win?

Democracy sucks.
H̼̮̖͓̻ͮ̀ͬ̓e̟̦͉̾̔̀ͣ͆̄ ͚̤̈̉ͦ̎ͭ̚c̰̠͚̜̹ͪ̐̎̃ͅo̗͌͛ͥ͑m̍ͬͥ̚e͍̱̲̤͚̹͔͛s͚̱̤͚̲̭̗̃̎ͭ̚.̘̫̖̮̠͒̔.̝̹̟̳͚̂̆̋͌̐̚.̬͓̰̃̑
Matt
LRR Crew

Postby Matt » 11 Dec 2009, 20:45

Where are you getting the standings from?

-m

I am not angry at you.
Kroze
Filled With Regret

Postby Kroze » 11 Dec 2009, 20:52

Matt wrote:Where are you getting the standings from?

-m

Oh, you are gonna LOVE this Matt...
I have my spare computer refreshing the mashables page of Funniest Youtube Channel every minute and then it auto screen caps it for me...

I've been going through all the screencaps manually figuring out a rough estimate of who is where in the runnings...

Its a bitch, trust me.
But in this case, well worth it!
Genghis Ares
First Video: ArmEGAddon

Postby Genghis Ares » 11 Dec 2009, 20:53

That's kind of sad.
Arius

Postby Arius » 11 Dec 2009, 21:00

Don't disparage, people!

Stay the cour--- Bad phrasing.

Google LoadingReadyRun Paul.

LoadingReadyRun, hope.

LoadingReadyRun is a mavericking maverick who mavericks with mavericks in order to maverick the non-mavericks and maverick those who maverick... Maverick.
H̼̮̖͓̻ͮ̀ͬ̓e̟̦͉̾̔̀ͣ͆̄ ͚̤̈̉ͦ̎ͭ̚c̰̠͚̜̹ͪ̐̎̃ͅo̗͌͛ͥ͑m̍ͬͥ̚e͍̱̲̤͚̹͔͛s͚̱̤͚̲̭̗̃̎ͭ̚.̘̫̖̮̠͒̔.̝̹̟̳͚̂̆̋͌̐̚.̬͓̰̃̑
Gordon Fearman
First Video: Three PS3s
Location: Time and space. Anything more specific tends to vary.

Postby Gordon Fearman » 11 Dec 2009, 21:09

-m

I looked at the Mashable votes page. Not a LRR vote on there. Also, Matt has an Alja avatar?
"When I feel my friends have been conspiring against me, I break into their bedrooms and I write in their diaries."

(PM me if this pic is too big.)
Evil Jim

Postby Evil Jim » 11 Dec 2009, 21:10

I personally think this thread is in bad taste. It's asking people not to vote for Loading Ready Run & it's posted on LOADING READY RUN.
Matt
LRR Crew

Postby Matt » 11 Dec 2009, 21:15

Gordon Fearman wrote:

-m

I looked at the Mashable votes page. Not a LRR vote on there. Also, Matt has an Alja avatar?

it's hosted via my own photobucket - If it's not showing up, I'm at a loss as to why.

-m

I am not angry at you.
Arius

Postby Arius » 11 Dec 2009, 21:37

Just had a thought, wouldn't it be like 100x easier to make a spider for Twitter and Facebook to search for openwebawards in topics and return the ones that say "Funniest YouTube Channel" and sort them? It could also count them for you.

But remember: LoadingReadyRun - Change we can believe in.
epocalypse

Postby epocalypse » 11 Dec 2009, 21:44

Arius wrote:
epocalypse wrote:

Sad world.

So, you'll vote for who you think could win over who you want to win?

Democracy sucks.

I already voted for who I want to win. Apparently I can vote more.

Democracy is confusing.
my personal site
TorachiKatashi

Postby TorachiKatashi » 11 Dec 2009, 21:44

Evil Jim wrote:I personally think this thread is in bad taste. It's asking people not to vote for Loading Ready Run & it's posted on LOADING READY RUN.

+1
Evil Jim

Postby Evil Jim » 11 Dec 2009, 21:45

So what do the winners win anyway? I haven't found anything about prizes on the Mashable website yet.
epocalypse

Postby epocalypse » 11 Dec 2009, 21:46

I got to say, Arius and Jim swung my loyalties back. I'm voting for LRR tomorrow.... again.

... i am so confused by this system.
my personal site
Kroze
Filled With Regret

Postby Kroze » 11 Dec 2009, 21:52

Evil Jim wrote:I personally think this thread is in bad taste. It's asking people not to vote for Loading Ready Run & it's posted on LOADING READY RUN.

What I am saying is we can at least have someone who is somewhat associated with LRR very loosely win instead of letting some of these corporate funded series who are youtube partners and already are making a business off of this shit win...

Not to mention the guy who we are going toe to toe with here is kinda a douche.
If you would like more of an explanation on that, hit me up in a PM and I'll explain.

Arius wrote:Just had a thought, wouldn't it be like 100x easier to make a spider for Twitter and Facebook to search for openwebawards in topics and return the ones that say "Funniest YouTube Channel" and sort them? It could also count them for you.

But remember: LoadingReadyRun - Change we can believe in.

Well the problem with the facebook part of that is not everyone has their profiles for anyone to see...
A lot of people keep them private thus even if I did do that, it would not be catching a LOT of votes...

Yeah, I did think of doing that earlier before setting up my current method of calculating votes since that would be soooo much easier.
epocalypse

Postby epocalypse » 11 Dec 2009, 21:57

that's it guys, i'm sorry, but i'm sticking to making pictures and voting for my first instincts on internet quality polls, once, most likely. I'm out of the game. Peace.

For the record, this is not the only place where I've been having to deal with this, I've also been getting a lot of it from friends in comedy troupes IRL. My head is spinning.
my personal site

Return to “General Discussion”