The Best There Is, The Best There Was...

Drop by and talk about anything you want. This is where all cheese-related discussions should go
Allen!
Uwe Boll Fanboy

The Best There Is, The Best There Was...

Postby Allen! » 16 Dec 2009, 18:50

The Best There Ever Will Be, will be once more.

According to several sources(which I don't feel like citing, because you can look them up yourselves), Bret "The Hitman" Hart has signed a deal with WWE for, give or take, four months. Including the next Wrestlemania.

Now, I know a lot of you aren't wrestling fans, and that's cool. But some of you are, and those of you most likely know the brutal history of why Hart left in the first place. But with the development of the Hart Dynasty, Bret Hart returning could put a HUGE push behind those guys as an amazing stable. And with Wrestlemania being included within the contract... Well, if I wanted to see anybody end Undertaker's WM streak... It'd be Hart, getting involved in a match against him and Shawn Michaels. It would pretty much make this decade amazing, in my opinion.

So, thoughts? Is it even really true? What do you expect to come out of it, if it happens?
PSNid: Obee1
XboxLive: LastErrand
Undefeated Lord of Donuts
Lyinginbedmon
First Video: BioShocked

Re: The Best There Is, The Best There Was...

Postby Lyinginbedmon » 16 Dec 2009, 18:51

...you do know it's all fake right?
Morgan wrote:Lyinginbedmon is short, but he makes up for it in awesomeness
Allen!
Uwe Boll Fanboy

Postby Allen! » 16 Dec 2009, 19:13

I really want to rage at you now, but I'm just going to tell you you're an idiot. So, here we go:

You're an idiot.
Master Gunner
Defending us from The Dutch!
First Video: How To Talk Like A Pirate

Postby Master Gunner » 16 Dec 2009, 19:29

Lyinginbedmon wrote:...you do know it's all fake right?

You know that comic you draw is all fake, right?
TheRocket wrote:Apparently the crotch area could not contain the badonkadonk area.
Twitter | Click here to join the Desert Bus Community Chat.
King Kool
Quality and Quantity

Postby King Kool » 16 Dec 2009, 19:32

...you think that's air you're breathing now?
a winner is you. - Ash
King Kool, you are wrong. - Graham
King Kool, shut your face. - James
This thread was creepy until KingKool made it AWESOME. - Tombrend
Why this obsession with foam implements? - Metcarfre
InsaneFool
First Video: How to Talk like a Pirate

Postby InsaneFool » 16 Dec 2009, 19:56

I certainly hope that is true...I grew up watching Wrestling, but I haven't been a "fan" in a looong time. However having Bret Hart return to the ring would be awesome.
Personal Fail Count: 3ish? (So Far)
Follow me on Twitter
Evil Jim
First Video: Shake Your Hands

Postby Evil Jim » 16 Dec 2009, 22:04

Allen! wrote:Now, I know a lot of you aren't wrestling fans,
You're absolutely right.
Allen! wrote:and that's cool.
You're absolutely right.

:P
Arius wrote:People were just so awestruck by your awesomeness that they became catatonic.
ThrashJazzAssassin wrote:BURN HIM! BURN THE HERETIC! DEATH TO ALL WHO SCORN THE AWESOMENESS OF EVIL JIM!
Allen!
Uwe Boll Fanboy

Postby Allen! » 16 Dec 2009, 22:10

I'm not even a big wrestling fan myself. But I frequent a forum(and do a lot of creative writing) with a bunch of guys who are all wrestling fans. And I USED to be a big wrestling fan, and moreso a Bret Hart fan. And this is big news.
Evil Jim

Postby Evil Jim » 17 Dec 2009, 00:16

I used to watch wrestling when I was a little kid. I enjoyed it with my father on Sunday mornings. When I grew old enough to realize it was all scripted I lost interest & focused my attentions to other things. I was indifferent to it for many years but I do appreciate that these wrestlers, real or not, are still trained athletes & skilled acrobats. There's a lot of pointless hollering & yelling in between but what happens in the ring is still quite impressive.
Arius wrote:People were just so awestruck by your awesomeness that they became catatonic.
ThrashJazzAssassin wrote:BURN HIM! BURN THE HERETIC! DEATH TO ALL WHO SCORN THE AWESOMENESS OF EVIL JIM!
Dempsas
First Video: ss

Postby Dempsas » 17 Dec 2009, 00:50

On the tiny islands of New Zealand this sport you know as wrestling has never gathered a decent fanbase. Though I have seen wwe on TV sometimes. I wont get into and argument if its fake or not. I dont even know. But its sound exciting with all the passionate fans out there. Well Each to his own.
Arius
First Video: Max Effect

Postby Arius » 17 Dec 2009, 01:01

Dempsas wrote:I wont get into and argument if its fake or not.

That argument died a long time ago when they had to admit it was fake because of gambling issues. It is illegal to bet on wrestling because all the outcomes are decided beforehand. However, there is real danger (as evidenced by numerous injuries and deaths) and the stunts are all real. However, it is mock fighting.
H̼̮̖͓̻ͮ̀ͬ̓e̟̦͉̾̔̀ͣ͆̄ ͚̤̈̉ͦ̎ͭ̚c̰̠͚̜̹ͪ̐̎̃ͅo̗͌͛ͥ͑m̍ͬͥ̚e͍̱̲̤͚̹͔͛s͚̱̤͚̲̭̗̃̎ͭ̚.̘̫̖̮̠͒̔.̝̹̟̳͚̂̆̋͌̐̚.̬͓̰̃̑
Evil Jim

Postby Evil Jim » 17 Dec 2009, 01:07

It's basically a soap opera for men.
Dempsas
First Video: ss

Postby Dempsas » 17 Dec 2009, 03:39

Arius wrote:That argument died a long time ago when they had to admit it was fake because of gambling issues. It is illegal to bet on wrestling because all the outcomes are decided beforehand. However, there is real danger (as evidenced by numerous injuries and deaths) and the stunts are all real. However, it is mock fighting.

:mrgreen: Thanks for clearing that up. Its a completly forgien concept to me in NZ we are constantly bombarded with rugby and cricket as sports to watch. Now im holidaying in Finland I really realize how different our sporting scene is from europe and america. I couldnt find a single cricket bat or rugby ball in the two largest sports store in the country. Not that im really a sports fan at all, but back home its a big conversation topic so I try to keep up with the play.
Machalllewis
First Video: Ways to Stay Awake

Postby Machalllewis » 17 Dec 2009, 03:56

Evil Jim wrote:It's basically a soap opera for men.

This.

Doesn't mean its crap though. Although I havent seen it for about a year now and having seen Spoonys review of The Slammies I'm kinda glad I haven't.
Nothing to see here.
Annchan

Postby Annchan » 17 Dec 2009, 05:16

I like how this thread has turned to a conversation about the legitimacy of wrestling.
TheRocket
First Video: Those Games That We Played

Postby TheRocket » 17 Dec 2009, 05:18

Allen! wrote:I really want to rage at you now, but I'm just going to tell you you're an idiot. So, here we go:

You're an idiot.
Walk in like DeNiro, and leave like Brando.

You're living proof that Darwin was a moron.
Shea

Postby Shea » 17 Dec 2009, 12:12

One of the proud, the willing, and the seemingly growing number of... G-Saviour fanboys.
ecocd
First Video: Desert Bus 2

Postby ecocd » 17 Dec 2009, 13:01

So is this solely a money grab? He must be in pretty dire financial straits to come back after what happened. It's sad, really.
ecocd - echo-see-dee (We apologize for the inconvenience)
Graham
Super Moderator

Postby Graham » 17 Dec 2009, 16:09

It's not a money grab. He's talked everything over with Vince, and even isn't that upset with Michaels anymore. I think he just wants to be involved again.

Also, considering that they've been basically teasing it recently, I think this is totally real, and I'm really excited to see what they do with it.

The trick is, he'll be a HUGE face when he comes back, but the Hart Dynasty are a major heel team, so that dynamic is probably playing heck with WWE Creative right now, trying to figure out how they'd spin it.
Machalllewis
First Video: Ways to Stay Awake

Postby Machalllewis » 18 Dec 2009, 03:29

To be fair the Montreal Screwjob was 12 years ago now and Bret Hart has been on reasonably friendly terms with the WWE for a while now (Being inducted into the Hall of Fame and allowing releases of DVDs featuring him and such).

My only worry is that the guys 52 now. I'm not sure if I can see him setting the world on fire with any kind of comeback. I'm also worried that the dudes just setting himself up to be under-used and put in embarrassing angles. I mean look at how Hacksaw Jim Duggan was used.
Nothing to see here.

Return to “General Discussion”