10 Years.

Drop by and talk about anything you want. This is where all cheese-related discussions should go
Theremin
First Video: A girl must have some secrets.

10 Years.

Postby Theremin » 31 Dec 2009, 15:28

As of tomorrow, the first decade of the new millenium will be complete.

10 years ago, I was on the 3rd floor of an Elizabethan school building, trying to find the courage to throw all my books out of the window. And my stupid little tie too.

At the moment, I'm at home, talking to a girl half the world away who I think I love.

10 Years from now, I'll be putting the cat out, trying to finish the dinner before she gets home, and preparing for a a party with some friends.

What about you?
Matt
LRR Crew

Re: 10 Years.

Postby Matt » 31 Dec 2009, 15:41

Ten years ago today, I attended a new years eve party up island which my first girlfried (who lived up island) was attending.

She proceeded to ignore me completely all night.

10 years ago tomorrow, after returning to Victoria, I got an email informing me that she was breaking up with me

10 years ago two weeks from now, I found out that she was seeing another dude who had been at that party. The dude she was ignoring me for.

10 years from now I hope to be fabulously wealthy, possibly famous, owner of a golden retriever, and possibly a father of one.

-m

I am not angry at you.
iEatNinjaZ
Location: My Amazing Underwater World of Underwater Wonder That Is Under The Water™

Postby iEatNinjaZ » 31 Dec 2009, 15:41

10 years ago I was trying to figure out why eveyone was celebrating

At the moment im chatting with a bunch of my friends on steam

10 years from now I hope to be swimming in a pool of jello
Arius
First Video: Max Effect

Postby Arius » 31 Dec 2009, 15:48

Matt wrote:owner of a golden retriever, and possibly a father of one.

-m

I...

I can't do it.

---

Ten years ago, I lived thirty miles north and was with a girl whose heart I broke soon after.

Ten years later, it's my turn. Whoo!
H̼̮̖͓̻ͮ̀ͬ̓e̟̦͉̾̔̀ͣ͆̄ ͚̤̈̉ͦ̎ͭ̚c̰̠͚̜̹ͪ̐̎̃ͅo̗͌͛ͥ͑m̍ͬͥ̚e͍̱̲̤͚̹͔͛s͚̱̤͚̲̭̗̃̎ͭ̚.̘̫̖̮̠͒̔.̝̹̟̳͚̂̆̋͌̐̚.̬͓̰̃̑
Daco
First Video: can't remember

Postby Daco » 31 Dec 2009, 15:53

10 years ago i was a kid watching outside of the window looking at the fireworks not knowing that my life would spiral downwords ever then.

at the moment i wonder how my life could get any worse

in 10 years ill be so low that i might be one of those fat bastard nerds
Last edited by Daco on 31 Dec 2009, 16:12, edited 2 times in total.
DOOR STUCK DOOR IS STUCK
Matt
LRR Crew

Postby Matt » 31 Dec 2009, 15:56

Arius wrote:

-m

I...

I can't do it.

---

Ten years ago, I lived thirty miles north and was with a girl whose heart I broke soon after.

that's not what I meant and you know it.

-m

I am not angry at you.
Thysane

Postby Thysane » 31 Dec 2009, 16:10

Ten years ago today I was a more innocent, less cynical child living in England, celebrating the new millennium with my family, not quite knowing the gravity of that word "millennium". I was looking ahead to the future in my own childish way.

Right now its the same, less the innocent childishness, plus the cynicism, living in Ireland.

Ten years from now I hope to have finished entered and graduated from college, perhaps even with a stable job to launch myself into. One can only hope, eh? :D
Theremin

Postby Theremin » 31 Dec 2009, 16:14

Amen to that, Thysane.
Lyinginbedmon
First Video: BioShocked

Postby Lyinginbedmon » 31 Dec 2009, 16:17

I was roughly nine and a half years old ten years ago so I can't really remember what happened.

I do recall going to a New Years party at someone's house, where marshmallows were toasted over candles, and my brother got to go to an impromptu sleepover during my dad's overprotective-of-me-alone phase (He had this wierd rule that at least one of us must be within parental access at all times, generally me).

So since I can't remember anything else I'll look suave and just I got so totally trashed that everything else is a blur.

Matt wrote:
Arius wrote:

-m

I...

I can't do it.

---

that's not what I meant and you know it.

-m

True but that would spoil the fun.

I have no clue what I'll be doing in ten years, I only hope I'm gainfully employed to suit my lifestyle, having fun with a cool girl, and generally living it up as joyously as I am now.

I think mostly I hope my relationship life improves and that my webcomic continues to run, especially since by then it'll probably be in it's third storyline.

I choose to be romantically successful in this decade, and do the other things noted above, not because they are easy, but because they are hard.
:mrgreen:
Morgan wrote:Lyinginbedmon is short, but he makes up for it in awesomeness
Theremin

Postby Theremin » 31 Dec 2009, 16:20

Heheh, hard.
Master Gunner
Defending us from The Dutch!
First Video: How To Talk Like A Pirate

Postby Master Gunner » 31 Dec 2009, 16:33

10 years ago I was young, didn't have internet, had local friends I could depend upon, and was all around happy. Guess how many of those are still true.

10 years from now I hope to not be bordering on having my mind completely snap.
TheRocket wrote:Apparently the crotch area could not contain the badonkadonk area.
Twitter | Click here to join the Desert Bus Community Chat.
Checky_Girl
First Video: Man Cooking

Postby Checky_Girl » 31 Dec 2009, 16:36

Ten years ago I was pronouncing millenium minellium and covering my ears at the fireworks.

Today, I'm at home watching Jool's Holland's Annual Hootenanny and, believe it or not, I'm happy

In ten eyars time, if life doesn't screw me over, I'll be celebrating the New EYar with my suave, interesting and irritatingly artistic actor friends. If life does screw me over I'll be down the jod centre, trying to find something to pay the rent whilst I attend auditions that go nowhere.
Jillers
First Video: How to Talk LIke a Pirate

Postby Jillers » 31 Dec 2009, 16:38

10 years ago I was 15, miserable but had a good, if small, group of friends. I was probably also at my aunt's house for New Year's Eve.
10 years ago tomorrow, I was disappointed that Y2K didn't cause the apocalypse.
10 years from now, I hope to be a published novelist, a playwright, a wife, and a mother. With at least two cats, and a nice backyard for the dog. And spend time in France.
Team Cybershark

[subliminal] visit Geeking Out About [/subliminal]

~End Transmission~
Thysane

Postby Thysane » 31 Dec 2009, 16:40

I should note, to retain my geek cred, that this time last year I was in the middle of a 10 hour long game of Arkham Horror. And I almost brought down Nyarlethotep single-handedly. Almost.

EDIT: but, it was mathematically impossible for me to win.... huh...
TimeCruiserMike
First Video: 1337

Postby TimeCruiserMike » 31 Dec 2009, 16:45

10 years ago today i was opening birthday presents . . .

tonight I'll be playing rockband at a comic book store with a British immigrant . . . and maybe opening birthday presents

10 years from today i'll be opening birthday presents in my large mansion

It's my birthday today. Any one want to give me a large mansion for my birthday?
iamafish
First Video: Crime and Punishment

Postby iamafish » 31 Dec 2009, 16:46

10 years ago i was an innocent 7 year old welcoming in the millennium with a progressive supper around the sleepy village in which i reside.

now i am a confident 17 year old with a place at one of the best universities in the world and a wonderful girlfriends tucked up in bed many miles away, hoping that the next 10 years are even better than the past 10, getting slightly tipsy in the local pub then coming home and living his other life online.

In 10 years time... fuck knows. with any luck i shall be welcoming in the new year with a stable job, a long term partner (to whom i may or may not be married). but who knows :P

i wish everyone all the best in the next 10 years.
Thoughts From a Fish Bowl<------ my blog...

My Twitter

iamafish never wrote:the male trouser snake is evidence that evolution has no sense of aesthetics
gcninja

Postby gcninja » 31 Dec 2009, 16:47

ten years ago i was 9 and two months and only new of the y2k to destroy electronics..

today, im sitting at home waiting for my girlfriend to get off work (tommorows our two years so were gonna stay up late)

ten years from now i hope to have completed college be financially stable have a kid and a house and if possible my own company
EJ wrote:Lyinginbedmon, I'm looking forward to when Paul or Graham reset your & Elomin's post count back to zero. If you keep it up it's bound to happen =p

Noblesse Oblige
Buksvager!
CtMolloy

Postby CtMolloy » 31 Dec 2009, 17:02

Ten years ago I was house sitting with a friend at his uncle's house, watching as much star trek as we could and playing games on N64 and PC all day long.

Now. Nothing interesting.

Ten years from now? Who knows?
Katie
First Video: Ways to Survive the Recession

Postby Katie » 31 Dec 2009, 17:08

Ten years ago I rang in the new Millennium in my Nana and Grandad's house, wearing new pajamas and feeling very, very ill soon after midnight. Millennium bug, I've always assumed.

Today, I am stressing about my third year of university but overall doing pretty good.

In ten years time, I hope to be the lead writer of my own TV show. Also some kind of boyfriend/husband kind of arrangement would be fun :P
It's just various people talking and sometimes they do things in brackets
Vigafre
First Video: Halo: The Future of Gaming

Postby Vigafre » 31 Dec 2009, 17:13

10 years ago I was watching the Nickelodeon countdown to the year 2000 and not understanding a word of it.

10 years from now I hope to be well off. That's really it.
Lord Chrusher
Can't Drink Possible Beers
First Video: Door to Door

Postby Lord Chrusher » 31 Dec 2009, 17:16

Ten years ago I celebrated the new year with my parents. I had recently turned 14 and I was in grade 8.

This year I will have dinner with my family, go to a friend's for a drink then go to a party where I will see some other people from this forum. I am now 24 and will be starting my PhD in February

Ten years from now hopefully I will be an assistant professor of astronomy, married and thinking about having children.
We are all made of star dust. However we are also made of nuclear waste.
Remember to think before you post.
Alja-Markir
Trebuchet Enthusiast

Postby Alja-Markir » 31 Dec 2009, 17:34

Ten years ago, speaking strictly linearly, I was in Edo period Kuye living with a band of itinerant monks.

Ten years ago, compensating for my travels, I was not yet a demi-god, or even much of an interesting human youth. The first eighteen years of my life I was essentially just your average kid. Ten years ago falls into that period of time.

I was... twelve? Eleven? Too smart for my own good, asocial, kinda depressed, busied myself with books a lot, was an avid gamer. Nothing much worth mentioning.

~Alja~

Addendum: Ten years from now? Both linearly and compensating for travel, I can't say. I've only been traveling about three "years" so far, and the time spent during those travels has been completely unpredictable. I'm expecting to be making more frequent trips in the future, but I'm also expecting them to be shorter and shorter, so I don't know exactly how it will break down.
Lorithad

Postby Lorithad » 31 Dec 2009, 17:44

10 years ago tonight, I was playing a text based MUD called Castle Perilous. I awaited the countdown wondering if the computer I was on would die suddenly when the year changed over. Ah, y2k. So much hype over nothing.
Matt wrote:Lorithad, you should be ashamed of yourself. You are bad, and you should feel bad.
popeofchiletown

Postby popeofchiletown » 31 Dec 2009, 17:48

10 years ago I was looking out the window waiting for LA to catch on fire (I may have misunderstood Y2K)

Tonight I am preparing my self for a night of hookers and blow.

10 years from now I'll be 30 and hence not fun anymore.
OMGItsSarah
First Video: Offensisensitivity

Postby OMGItsSarah » 31 Dec 2009, 17:51

Ten years ago, I was 6, with my family, thrilled that I'd been allowed to stay up until midnight.

Now, I'm talking to England. There's a party in the other room, but I'm being anti-social at the moment.

Ten years from now, I'll be walking up the steps, wondering why the cat's outside in January (it's cold, the poor thing!), and commenting on how good dinner smells.

Return to “General Discussion”