What we can expect on The Escapist

Drop by and talk about anything you want. This is where all cheese-related discussions should go
PhunnyStory
First Video: Man Cooking

What we can expect on The Escapist

Postby PhunnyStory » 02 Jan 2010, 21:21

So Crew,

What can we expect to make it and what can we expect to die forever and probably be missed in this transition?

I understand you have to go through Russ Pitts or one of his people so you may never have a full answer to this, but I'd appreciate it if you filled us in as you do.

I would personally like to see more fun with microwaves and phailhaus, but I doubt it will show.
Phunny story? eh, maybe
Alja-Markir
Trebuchet Enthusiast

Re: What we can expect on The Escapist

Postby Alja-Markir » 02 Jan 2010, 21:22

Non-stop dick disasters.

And then Kathleen gets mauled by a bear.

~Alja~
Arius
First Video: Max Effect

Postby Arius » 02 Jan 2010, 21:26

They've said a few times. The bonus videos like Phailhaus, Loading Time, and ISC will remain.

As for Fun With Microwaves, if they do choose to do another, I don't see why it couldn't go on the Escapist. They'd like it.

The big change here is that the crew will likely be able to spend more time on their videos. Other than that, pretty much the same.

Oh, and they're killing Morgan, but the rest isn't much different outside of viewing the videos over there now.
H̼̮̖͓̻ͮ̀ͬ̓e̟̦͉̾̔̀ͣ͆̄ ͚̤̈̉ͦ̎ͭ̚c̰̠͚̜̹ͪ̐̎̃ͅo̗͌͛ͥ͑m̍ͬͥ̚e͍̱̲̤͚̹͔͛s͚̱̤͚̲̭̗̃̎ͭ̚.̘̫̖̮̠͒̔.̝̹̟̳͚̂̆̋͌̐̚.̬͓̰̃̑
JohnyMcmuffin
THERE'S Waldo!
First Video: The Stages

Postby JohnyMcmuffin » 02 Jan 2010, 21:28

Arius wrote:Oh, and they're killing Morgan, but the rest isn't much different outside of viewing the videos over there now.

We better at least get a video of this, though it might not be the best way to begin their run on the Escapist.
Alja-Markir
Trebuchet Enthusiast

Postby Alja-Markir » 02 Jan 2010, 21:30

He died how he lived. Naked and covered in pudding.

~Alja~
Master Gunner
Defending us from The Dutch!
First Video: How To Talk Like A Pirate

Postby Master Gunner » 02 Jan 2010, 21:32

Other than the Morgan thing, Morgan said during Desert Bus after the announcement: "It's exactly, to the T, what we're doing now, except we're getting dollars for it.", and "We retain creative control".
TheRocket wrote:Apparently the crotch area could not contain the badonkadonk area.
Twitter | Click here to join the Desert Bus Community Chat.
James
LRR Crew

Postby James » 02 Jan 2010, 21:37

Honestly guys. Nothing much is changing other than our weekly Monday videos will now be on The Escapist (still on Mondays) Thats it. We will still be active in these forums. We will still be posting bonus videos such as Iron Stomachs, Phailhaus, Loading Times and other randoms videos will continue to go on this site. In fact you can still come to this site every Monday and just click the link through to the escapist.
epocalypse
First Video: omnilingual (not including unskippable)
Location: the county of los angeles, the city of los angeles, whichever state los angeles is in.

Postby epocalypse » 02 Jan 2010, 21:40

James wrote:Honestly guys. Nothing much is changing other than our weekly Monday videos will now be on The Escapist (still on Mondays) Thats it. We will still be active in these forums. We will still be posting bonus videos such as Iron Stomachs, Phailhaus, Loading Times and other randoms videos will continue to go on this site. In fact you can still come to this site every Monday and just click the link through to the escapist.

+ $£¢$ so therefore woot. I can't wait, and bang, Just got my runners shirt and season four DVD in the mail, and I am going to wear that shit out hardcore.
Time flies when I launch grandfather clocks from my trebuchet.
Arius wrote:Epocalypse? More like Epicalypse, amirite? -Arius
and now, here's a link to new animated film, broken_test_zero's blog, and here'sa link to our facebook page.
my personal site
Dempsas
First Video: ss

Postby Dempsas » 03 Jan 2010, 00:13

Yea The link through is good even though I just go to the escapist anyway. I love the escapist dont get me wrong but like allot of others have been a little edgy about the move. But honestly guys the crew is awesome We can trust there judgement... cant we. :) I was wondering so the link through page. Will this have a similar set up as now. Meaning A link to the video discussion and a screenshot, Also I was curious about embedding, But I dont mind just being linked out.
Elaro
First Video: Three PS3s

Postby Elaro » 03 Jan 2010, 01:53

James wrote:Honestly guys. Nothing much is changing other than our weekly Monday videos will now be on The Escapist (still on Mondays) Thats it. We will still be active in these forums. We will still be posting bonus videos such as Iron Stomachs, Phailhaus, Loading Times and other randoms videos will continue to go on this site. In fact you can still come to this site every Monday and just click the link through to the escapist.

That's what you want us to think! Because it's true and you guys want us to be well-informed! Because you like us.

Seriously, though; good going. Although I would think pitching a 22-minute show to the CBC or something would have been an equally sound solution. If each episode had three to four videos with additional lead-in sketches, you could do 20 episodes easily.

It'd be the LoadingReadyRun Show!
Mancomb Seepgood
First Video: Quantum Documentary

Postby Mancomb Seepgood » 03 Jan 2010, 03:24

The only thing that really annoys me about The Escapist is the "Ha!" sound at the start of every video.
"Guybrush Threepwood? That's the stupidest name I've ever heard!"
Genghis Ares
First Video: ArmEGAddon

Postby Genghis Ares » 03 Jan 2010, 03:28

That annoys me too.
Elaro
First Video: Three PS3s

Postby Elaro » 03 Jan 2010, 03:35

Well, hopefully they won't have it. It is a licencing deal, after all. I hope The Escapist isn't going to try and take credit for the videos. Or imply that they're the ones responsible for them.
Alja-Markir
Trebuchet Enthusiast

Postby Alja-Markir » 03 Jan 2010, 03:56

The Hah! is in front of Unskippable, but could that be because it is technically The Escapist's, being it was a contest dealie? What about ENN? I dunno the details on that one...

~Alja~
Arius
First Video: Max Effect

Postby Arius » 03 Jan 2010, 04:13

Maybe they'll combine it with LRR's. The Escapist laugh with LRR's opening.

"Ha Ha Ha HA--HA

Hahahahahahahahahahahahaha-Haha-Haha-Ha-Haha"

You'd be able to see forever.
H̼̮̖͓̻ͮ̀ͬ̓e̟̦͉̾̔̀ͣ͆̄ ͚̤̈̉ͦ̎ͭ̚c̰̠͚̜̹ͪ̐̎̃ͅo̗͌͛ͥ͑m̍ͬͥ̚e͍̱̲̤͚̹͔͛s͚̱̤͚̲̭̗̃̎ͭ̚.̘̫̖̮̠͒̔.̝̹̟̳͚̂̆̋͌̐̚.̬͓̰̃̑
Mad Madam Mimm
First Video: Omnilingual
Location: Merry Ol' England. An almost interesting place. Almost.

Postby Mad Madam Mimm » 03 Jan 2010, 04:42

Or maybe it'll just be LRR stylified. From "HA!" to "HAAAAAAAAA!"

And think about, LRR will now be producing 3 separate things on the Escapist. Come on guys, you can tell us. Are you planning some sort of hostile takeover of the internet?
Yaxley wrote:I think life occasionally needs someone to ask "Okay, seriously guys. What the hell is going on?"

2 Students, 1 Alien (1 cat, 1 blob and several supporting characters, not to mention weekly sillies)

Tap-dancing Transvestite Ventriloquist
Mancomb Seepgood

Postby Mancomb Seepgood » 03 Jan 2010, 05:48

I thought it was just me who hated the "Ha!" so much. :D Hopefully we won't get an Ian Dorsch generic rock theme as well. I enjoyed ZP a lot more when they had different music each week.
Alja-Markir
Trebuchet Enthusiast

Postby Alja-Markir » 03 Jan 2010, 05:53

Part of the problem with old ZP random musics was legal, what with his using music that other people created.

The Hah! is kind of annoying, although I hadn't thought other people disliked it so much.

~Alja~
Ottoman
First Video: How to Talk Like a Pirate

Postby Ottoman » 03 Jan 2010, 05:54

Mancomb Seepgood wrote:I thought it was just me who hated the "Ha!" so much. :D Hopefully we won't get an Ian Dorsch generic rock theme as well. I enjoyed ZP a lot more when they had different music each week.
Oh, come on, the ZP theme is alright. But LRR videos won't be getting a theme song, because they already have one. And I hope that if the Escapist must put their logo screen before the videos, they use the old one with the film burning, or at least mute out the 'Ha'. I mean, god damn, what mentally deficient chunk of pond scum greenlit that miserable fucking sound?
An engine that both consumes and creates malice.
Mancomb Seepgood

Postby Mancomb Seepgood » 03 Jan 2010, 06:16

Ottoman wrote:Oh, come on, the ZP theme is alright. But LRR videos won't be getting a theme song, because they already have one. And I hope that if the Escapist must put their logo screen before the videos, they use the old one with the film burning, or at least mute out the 'Ha'. I mean, god damn, what mentally deficient chunk of pond scum greenlit that miserable fucking sound?

I agree, I'm probably overly nitpicking when we haven't had the first video yet. :D I just came late to ZP and watched them all over a few days and was disappointed when they got rid of the different music for each episode.

Saying that I recently started watching Doomsday Arcade and that has a generic rock theme song as well. What makes LRR so great is it's individuality so I hope they're allowed to keep as much of this as possible.
Vigafre
First Video: Halo: The Future of Gaming

Postby Vigafre » 03 Jan 2010, 06:32

Wow, you guys are nitpicky. Not all of you, of course, but geez.
Alja-Markir
Trebuchet Enthusiast

Postby Alja-Markir » 03 Jan 2010, 06:36

We're devoted fans. We're allowed to nitpick a tad.

*winks*

That said, have you seen the banality of The Escapist forums? Seriously, we're saints compared to that lot of rowdy and brain-damaged children.

~Alja~
Vigafre
First Video: Halo: The Future of Gaming

Postby Vigafre » 03 Jan 2010, 06:38

Yeah, I've seen them, and I've frequented forums that got corrupted by people like them.

And I realize fans have some room to nitpick, but they were nitpicking the Escapist, not LRR.
Darknezz
First Video: Something on Unskippable, probably.

Postby Darknezz » 03 Jan 2010, 06:40

I believe Graham has said, on multiple occasions, that LRR is retaining creative control of LRR. That's the agreement.

This deal is a licensing agreement, where the weekly LRR videos are hosted and viewed exclusively on the Escapist website, whereas the deal with Zero Punctuation and Unskippable are pretty much that The Escapist owns them and has whatever creative control there is, but leaves it up to the people who actually make the videos to produce the content.

Now, whether or not this means the "HA!" will be there, I'm unsure. That would require the actual wording of the agreement. However, the theme and LRR intro (dot, dot, dot, circle, arrow) should remain in-tact, even if The Escapist adds the "HA!" crap.

It seems unlikely that the Escapist would add the "HA!" if LRR is given complete creative control, and they say they don't want it, but honestly, is it that big a deal? It's like four seconds of an annoying logo, and then three to six minutes of LRR awesome. If it really bugs you that much, mute your sound 'till it's over. Christ.
Dempsas
First Video: ss

Postby Dempsas » 03 Jan 2010, 06:41

Alja-Markir wrote:We're devoted fans. We're allowed to nitpick a tad.

*winks*

That said, have you seen the banality of The Escapist forums? Seriously, we're saints compared to that lot of rowdy and brain-damaged children.

~Alja~

Yea I have... I have an account on the escapist. I signed up because. I cant remember I believe I was thinking of entering the ZP game competition. I have posted twice. They are very ummm different from us. Very rowdy, I just avoid it.

Return to “General Discussion”