Blechc...Sickness

Drop by and talk about anything you want. This is where all cheese-related discussions should go

Being sick...

sucks.
14%
super sucks.
54%
is funny when it happens to other people.
7%
is slightly funnier when it happens to other people who I don't know.
14%
at least lets me knows I can still feel something.
11%

Total votes: 28
epocalypse
First Video: omnilingual (not including unskippable)
Location: the county of los angeles, the city of los angeles, whichever state los angeles is in.

Blechc...Sickness

Postby epocalypse » 04 Jan 2010, 12:48

So, The good news is I finally got all my vaccines when I was back in LA (including H1N1) and am not going to get the flu. The bad news is that I've got a wicked reaction cold keeping me in bed. Better than getting the flu for a week, no doubt, but still annoying as hell. Luckily I've got my new LRR season 4 DVD, and My new Runners shirt on over my thermal (which I can almost certainly assume boosts my immune system by +awesome points), soup, and some tea. I might work on a few things, like my LRR DB3 poster, or the story I think I might try to write for the second Runofficial op, perhaps. Or, you know, maybe my own script for my graphic novel or the related videos, Or some tee shirt designs I'm supposed to be working on...

...Or nothing, just lie here. In bed. Cause I'm sick. God, Illness sucks.

I hope I do get some work done.

Talk about how much illness sucks here, for it will warm my heart.
Last edited by epocalypse on 04 Jan 2010, 14:31, edited 2 times in total.
Time flies when I launch grandfather clocks from my trebuchet.
Arius wrote:Epocalypse? More like Epicalypse, amirite? -Arius
and now, here's a link to new animated film, broken_test_zero's blog, and here'sa link to our facebook page.
my personal site
Evil Jim
First Video: Shake Your Hands

Re: Blechc...Sickness

Postby Evil Jim » 04 Jan 2010, 13:50

as least let me knows I can still feel something. <-- What does that sentence mean? Also, what's "Blechc"?
Arius wrote:People were just so awestruck by your awesomeness that they became catatonic.
ThrashJazzAssassin wrote:BURN HIM! BURN THE HERETIC! DEATH TO ALL WHO SCORN THE AWESOMENESS OF EVIL JIM!
Tim
proudfoot
First Video: Something funny.

Postby Tim » 04 Jan 2010, 14:06

I think it's supposed to be, "Being sick at least lets me know I can still feel something."

I don't like being sick. But I'm not. But you are. Hope you feel better soon.
Special People: Superhero-with-a-twist web fiction, updating twice weekly.
Losing Freight: A sci-fi serial where readers vote on daily polls to shape the future of the story!
epocalypse
Location: the county of los angeles, the city of los angeles, whichever state los angeles is in.

Postby epocalypse » 04 Jan 2010, 14:30

Tim is correct, and also a gentleman and a scholar. Thank you sir.

As to "Blechc" I like to make my own onomatopoeias.

This one is pronounced a hard nasal h, like in a stereotypical pronunciation of Hanukkah, so it is pronounced Blec'-Hard Nasal H- uK.
and now, here's a link to new animated film, broken_test_zero's blog, and here'sa link to our facebook page.
my personal site
PenninInk

Postby PenninInk » 04 Jan 2010, 16:10

epocalypse wrote:Tim is correct, and also a gentleman and a scholar. Thank you sir.

As to "Blechc" I like to make my own onomatopoeias.

This one is pronounced a hard nasal h, like in a stereotypical pronunciation of Hanukkah, so it is pronounced Blec'-Hard Nasal H- uK.

YES! I AM NOT THE ONLY ONE!
"Mind you, the Elizabethans had so many words for the female genitals that it is quite hard to speak a sentence of modern English without inadvertently mentioning at least three of them."

-Terry Pratchett
Evil Jim
First Video: Shake Your Hands

Postby Evil Jim » 04 Jan 2010, 18:22

Reading MAD Magazine throughout my*youth has forever ingrained the spelling into me as "blech."

*misspent
Arius wrote:People were just so awestruck by your awesomeness that they became catatonic.
ThrashJazzAssassin wrote:BURN HIM! BURN THE HERETIC! DEATH TO ALL WHO SCORN THE AWESOMENESS OF EVIL JIM!
epocalypse

Postby epocalypse » 04 Jan 2010, 18:59

I'm willing to admit that it is a derivative sound effect, but I maintain that it is intentionally unique.

And to the two people who voted that it's funny when it happens to someone else, all I can say is that you will rue the day. RUE IT!!

The good news is I did get some more work done on the poster; some more of Kathleen's hair, quite a bit more on octopimp's caricature, and alex's beard. I also contacted my friend ben, one of the people who is going to Act in and help me build the rest of the writer's room, cast and crew for my web series based on my graphic novel (formerly (axed) thesis film) script, Cinecidal Ideation. We even got a couple of Ideas down on paper for shorts. It goes well, but I am completely shot for the day. More work tomorrow, for now, lying in bed (mon), drinking some tea, and watching some TV till I fall asleep. Got class and more work tomorrow, and still sick, so turning in the early like. I'll problem still be foruming for a bit though, so... yeah good night, kind of.
my personal site
Machalllewis
First Video: Ways to Stay Awake

Postby Machalllewis » 05 Jan 2010, 04:00

Evil Jim wrote:Reading MAD Magazine throughout my*youth has forever ingrained the spelling into me as "blech."

*misspent

See, I have always read that as pronounced with a chuh sound at the end. But thats just me.

Being sick sucks.
Nothing to see here.
korri
First Video: I honestly can't remember...

Postby korri » 05 Jan 2010, 08:11

I too am sick with a cold... but its in it last stages where I'm just filled with snot....
Hello world, remember me? I'm the sad little fuck that you failed to see, who you should have recognized When you had the chance. Hello motherfuckers now its time to dance

my photos! => http://korrinn.deviantart.com
Murakami
First Video: Time is Money

Postby Murakami » 05 Jan 2010, 10:00

I'm just back in from work. Whats work? Thats deconstructing an skating rink and maaaan, I was wet and cold and tired when I could hop (more like fall into) on the bus and go back home. When I got back, I instantly trew all my clothes into the corner of my room and put on some nice, clean, not wet, warm clothes and socks. Socks! O, sweet keepers of feetwarmth!

I really hope I don't get sick. I'm coughing..

Arius wrote:De Nederlanders vallen binnen!
epocalypse

Postby epocalypse » 05 Jan 2010, 14:06

korri wrote:I too am sick with a cold... but its in it last stages where I'm just filled with snot....

i think i'm there now, too. Nearly better. However, in terms of damn powerful phail, my cold indirectly lead to me not getting to go to the the red carpet premier of Daybreakers this Thursday :( . I might still get a chance for a further ticket, but 99% chance, I was shot in the face by my cold. To think, the only good vampire movie in a 16 month radius, and I could of hit the red carpet.
my personal site
epocalypse

Postby epocalypse » 07 Jan 2010, 19:39

update, just when i thought i was out of the woods, i got another different cold, with a new more epic cough and a strong desire to silence me BUT ON THE INTERNET I CAN STILL CAPSLOCK ROAR!!
my personal site

Return to “General Discussion”