Padded Room, take 3

Drop by and talk about anything you want. This is where all cheese-related discussions should go
Arius
First Video: Max Effect

Re: Padded Room, take 3

Postby Arius » 28 Jan 2010, 07:59

Oh hey, I'm having a complete emotional breakdown.

Isn't that awesome? It's like a rollercoaster of pain and unhappiness.

Only the screams aren't of excitement, but of complete and utter frustration at how everything went wrong and there's no possible way to fix it.
H̼̮̖͓̻ͮ̀ͬ̓e̟̦͉̾̔̀ͣ͆̄ ͚̤̈̉ͦ̎ͭ̚c̰̠͚̜̹ͪ̐̎̃ͅo̗͌͛ͥ͑m̍ͬͥ̚e͍̱̲̤͚̹͔͛s͚̱̤͚̲̭̗̃̎ͭ̚.̘̫̖̮̠͒̔.̝̹̟̳͚̂̆̋͌̐̚.̬͓̰̃̑
Theremin
First Video: A girl must have some secrets.

Postby Theremin » 28 Jan 2010, 09:13

Want to talk about it, Tyler? We're here.
Arius

Postby Arius » 28 Jan 2010, 09:19

Not exactly, but thanks.

I'm more of a bottle it up inside type when it comes to this. It's less healthy that way.

Plus, it's times like these when I come up with my best writing. So, it's win-win all around. Except for the depression. That's just phail.
H̼̮̖͓̻ͮ̀ͬ̓e̟̦͉̾̔̀ͣ͆̄ ͚̤̈̉ͦ̎ͭ̚c̰̠͚̜̹ͪ̐̎̃ͅo̗͌͛ͥ͑m̍ͬͥ̚e͍̱̲̤͚̹͔͛s͚̱̤͚̲̭̗̃̎ͭ̚.̘̫̖̮̠͒̔.̝̹̟̳͚̂̆̋͌̐̚.̬͓̰̃̑
Theremin

Postby Theremin » 28 Jan 2010, 09:22

Do the bohemian artist thing. Get super trashed and write something angry. You'll be signed in a week. But you'll end up having a short lived-career thanks to the triumvirate of drink, drugs, and bullets that end all rock prodigies.

On second thought try meditating.
tak197
Feito Com Fruta
First Video: How To Talk Like A Pirate

Postby tak197 » 28 Jan 2010, 09:30

I hope you tart feeling better soon, Tyler. I understand the frustration thing well. I posted in the venting thread about finding out why I hadn't heard anything from the one company that was pursuing me for a job. So basically, since this one woman decided she didn't like me, I have been jobless for more than 4 months longer than necessary.
JohnyMcmuffin
THERE'S Waldo!
First Video: The Stages

Postby JohnyMcmuffin » 29 Jan 2010, 01:54

WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!
That is all for now.
Kara
First Video: The Bet

Postby Kara » 29 Jan 2010, 03:28

I really really thought I was past the point in my life when I would have to deal with this kind of thing. Being heartbroken is not a valid reason to get wasted and cut yourself in my house. I've seen this too many times and it's been a close call too many times. It's just too familiar. It's not okay.
Mad Madam Mimm
First Video: Omnilingual
Location: Merry Ol' England. An almost interesting place. Almost.

Postby Mad Madam Mimm » 29 Jan 2010, 05:09

Hugs and sympathies to all :)
Yaxley wrote:I think life occasionally needs someone to ask "Okay, seriously guys. What the hell is going on?"

2 Students, 1 Alien (1 cat, 1 blob and several supporting characters, not to mention weekly sillies)

Tap-dancing Transvestite Ventriloquist
Brad
First Video: Dunno. First one I was in was Zombiewalk

Postby Brad » 29 Jan 2010, 05:48

This is only really encouraging if the problem you're facing is related to Hitler bombing your country, but here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lW6jW9y59JY
All hail the great deku tree!
Twitter
Flickr
Machalllewis
First Video: Ways to Stay Awake

Postby Machalllewis » 29 Jan 2010, 05:53

Brad wrote:This is only really encouraging if the problem you're facing is related to Hitler bombing your country, but here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lW6jW9y59JY

Wow, thats some awesome dis-respect shown to a dead war-hero by those guys.

Woo for auto-tuning[/sarcasm]
Nothing to see here.
Alja-Markir
Trebuchet Enthusiast

Postby Alja-Markir » 29 Jan 2010, 11:17

Churchill was a good leader, but he was far from a shining figure in many ways. And he REALLY didn't like Ghandi.

It's been almost seventy years, I think the fact that we can make light of Churchill is good. It means those times are long gone, and that we live in a better world now.

However, I personally prefer the Hitler Biggie Rap.

If you want something TRULY offensive, and UPROARIOUSLY funny, I suggest Mel Brooks as Hitler in a 1983 rap music video made in conjunction with the film To Be Or Not To Be.

~Alja~
Theremin

Postby Theremin » 29 Jan 2010, 11:54

Alja, I may be drunk, but you're right, and tomorrow...you'll still be right.
Brad
First Video: Dunno. First one I was in was Zombiewalk

Postby Brad » 29 Jan 2010, 16:01

I didn't think it disrespectful at all. And the fact that he is a war hero is news to me.
All hail the great deku tree!

Twitter

Flickr

empath
First Video: How to Talk Like a Pirate

Postby empath » 29 Jan 2010, 16:27

Heck, he wasn't even a "war hero" in WWI.

Admirable wartime leader (admiralty in the first, UK itself in the second), but hardly a 'hero'...

Anyways, with that put aside, let me just say

FUCK YOU, YOU SLOPPY DECREPIT CUNTRIDDEN SLOVENLY REPULSIVE FUCKING SPAWN-OF-A-SLUT MALFUNCTIONING OBSTRUCTIVE SMEGMA-FILLED RECALCITRANT ILL-TIMED SHITSTAINED CRUDDY MALICIOUS PUSBAG OF A PIECE-OF-SHIT BROKEN CRAPTASTIC NEMESIS-LIKE USELESS THING!!!!!!!!!!!!!

In case anyone else involved in Star Trek Online's 'Head Start' is wondering why I'm not around, it's because my router has finally failed. It's several years old, and I only use it as a 'switch' (all cables plugged into the LAN ports) because it's prohibitive to fish multiple CAT-6 cables from both my wife's and my computer up through the ceiling/floor to the landlord's DSL modem/router. Instead it splits from his router to their laptops (usually wifi, but there's one CAT-5 available) and that 60' CAT-6 down to our apartment, across the house to where our computers are, and into the cheap Walmart 'storebrand' router and out with a couple of short CAT-5s to our compys.

Well, while I was at work, Zyxst noted that the internet was very 'intermittent' all day. While playing Runescape, she'd periodically get stopped and see a "Connection lost - attempting to reconnect" dialog box flicker on and off. Wouldn't get booted out, but just lagging horribly.

Upon getting home and seeing this for myself, I also noted that web browsing would be hit-and-miss; slow connection and loading of pages, and once in a while I'd get the wonderful "Firefox is working offline" page. :P

Well, attempting to activate my pre-order key seemed similarly dodgy; it took several attempts to get back into STO's website, and finally it appeared the key was processed and active.

Then I fired up the client and got kicked with a 'account invalid, contact BILLING SUPPORT'. Closing and reopening the client got through that fine, and started downloading the current patch. After a few apparent 'pauses' during download, it connected me to the server and I got to craft up another new character. Once that was done, I got the opening 'exposition' video playing and I sat back to enjoy Mr. Nimoy's explanation of 'where we are now'.

...and sat up with a jolt as "SERVER NOT CONNECTED" was plastered across the top of the screen. Once the vid completed, it gave some error messages, and booted me back to the login. More attempts showed an even more erratic connection and I couldn't even return to the starter vid.

So I 'power cycled' everything; shut down our computers, our router, and went upstairs and - with his permission - shut down the landlord's modem.

Bringing everything back up, I noticed I couldn't get a network connection, and my computer wouldn't 'see' the DSL modem. Asking the landlord to get online showed he was fine - the modem was connecting to the ISP. Cycling my router and the computers didn't change anything...except now the activity lights on the LAN ports on my router weren't lighting up much at all.

After another while, I decided to bypass it and take the CAT-6 cable coming down from upstairs and plugged it straight into my computer.

Fast, stable connection (which I'm using right now).

FFUUUUUUUUUUUU-

The cheapass router is done for (the landlord's gone through a couple of more expensive ones in the same time this p.o.s. one has lasted, though, so I kinda feel proud of being frugal) so this means only one of us can connect at any one time...

...boy it's a good thing the wife's watching TV at present, bored with Runescape...

But now it's too late to go out and get ANOTHER; the shops are about to shut, and I gotta work tomorrow morning. :evil:

SHITFUCKPISSGODDAMNFUCKFUCKFUCKFUCK!!!!!!!!!

Figures that something would happen to restrict my access to something I've paid for...Image
Machalllewis

Postby Machalllewis » 01 Feb 2010, 00:48

Well whatever, hero or not is a subjective term but I think it was the guy pulling stupid faces that bugged me.

Any road, important interview today, nervous as shit. I'm screaming in terror on the inside.
Nothing to see here.
empath

Postby empath » 01 Feb 2010, 05:59

*aims positive mojo of confidence and serenity across the pond*

*checks clock and condisers time zones*

Well, either I hope that early interview went well, or it WILL go well, man!
Machalllewis

Postby Machalllewis » 01 Feb 2010, 11:46

Thank-you!

I think it went well, I find out on the morrow. Nervous o clock.
Nothing to see here.
Metcarfre
First Video: Not Applicable

Postby Metcarfre » 01 Feb 2010, 14:01

Machalllewis wrote:Nervous o clock.

At the corner of Flop-Sweat Drive and Anxiety Avenue.
empath

Postby empath » 01 Feb 2010, 15:07

Oh, yeah - the Panic Cafe. They serve a great 'butterfly soufle', although it does cause indigestion later...
tak197
Feito Com Fruta
First Video: How To Talk Like A Pirate

Postby tak197 » 02 Feb 2010, 05:19

Dear Wells Fargo,

I know you took over one of my loans, but you have my permission to go die in a fire. Seriously, all the other loan companies offer a 12 month maximum forbearance, yet you all say just 6. You do know how difficult it is for anyone in this current economy to get employment, right? I'm still looking for a job, I can't even get apart time job in fuckin janatorial work! And NOW you want me to give you the little money I have because I can't gve you a paycheck? Greedy fucks, go beg the government for a bailout. And on the way, pick up a rusty chainsaw and soomize yourself with it.
Annchan

Postby Annchan » 02 Feb 2010, 13:05

I have just come to realize that some people can't respect other people's opinions; Even when those opinions are asked for.
Trymantha
First Video: Watchmen Watching

Postby Trymantha » 02 Feb 2010, 13:55

Dear stuylink(again,i hatethee so much).

I Live in Aussie when not in uni, ive told you this over 5 times, DO NOT blame me becaue you dont mail over seas, at least you could email me not about it first before just flat out denying my loan because you dont a have a awway adress to send things to, i hate you studylink.
Ok, for the record im a Guy

||tumblr||twitter||
Annchan

Postby Annchan » 02 Feb 2010, 17:24

My husband and I have been planning a trip to visit family next winter but I am just realizing now that the people I wanted to go "show the baby" to are all dicks. Maybe we'll go to Disneyland instead.
Annchan

Postby Annchan » 02 Feb 2010, 18:21

UGH, I know I am posting here a lot tonight.
I just want to call my dad and say
"You lost your relationship with me. I realize now that you don't respect me or my opinion so I won't be talking to you about anything serious and any communication will consist of mostly small talk; most of your small talk is also uninteresting and I am more entertained with the banter of the internet so we really won't be doing much of that either. Don't expect me to call you unless I need something."

But I can't because he won't respect what I have to say and just whine about how he is some kind of victim, especially because none of his kids or his wife talk to him anymore because they all came to the same conclusion years ago.
I feel like an idiot for just coming to grips with this tonight.
Arius

Postby Arius » 12 Feb 2010, 16:30

According to the Zung Self-Rating Depression Scale I may be suffering from moderate depression. I got a 60.

Lovely.

Return to “General Discussion”