CES 2010 gadgets and junk

Drop by and talk about anything you want. This is where all cheese-related discussions should go
NachoManLance
First Video: The Stages

CES 2010 gadgets and junk

Postby NachoManLance » 08 Jan 2010, 21:15

Has anyone been taking any look into the new stuff being launched at the CES convention in Vegas? I've only seen a couple of articles so far, but what I've seen has perked my attention.

*A tablet/laptop hybrid
*A flying video camera that can synch to your iphone/ipod touch
*3-D television sets
*In-car wireless internet for GPS navigation, music, etc
*A shit-ton of other cool stuff

Anything in particular catch your eye?
Last edited by NachoManLance on 08 Jan 2010, 21:16, edited 1 time in total.
http://twitter.com/NachoManLance

<Witty quote that induces a chuckle>
JesterJ.

Re: CES 2010 gadgets and junk

Postby JesterJ. » 08 Jan 2010, 21:16

Semi-transparent OLED displays?!
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
"Good thing we got Jester to carry." -Morgan, January 20th, 2009
James
LRR Crew

Postby James » 08 Jan 2010, 22:25

I shall quickly address the things you have pointed out.

A tablet/laptop hybird
Also known as the Lenovo U1 I am also pretty interested. It is far and away the best thing that has come out of the show so far and many other tech sites seems to agree. While I think the 1000 price point seems a bit high it's still a really neat idea that fills both the want to have a tablet but the need to still have access to a laptop. I look forward to where this takes us.

A flying video camera that can sync to your iphone/ipod touch
I saw a little about this and it seems neat but nothing that would ever need.

3-D Television Sets
I call Bullshit on this whole 3D revolution. I think people have seen what it can do in the theater setting and decided to take it one step to far. In home 3D is not the way of the future. I'm sorry I will not get behind this technology unless someone pays for it to exist in my home. It's expensive and impractical. I mentioned this a little while ago but only within the last year or two have people been truly embracing new HDTV's I would guess a huge number of people have bought a brand new HDTV in the past 5 years (myself included) and are not looking to replace it this soon. I know I'm not. So I will stand by my call. 3D can suck it.

In car wireless.
Yes, yes and more yes. The more places we can get wireless the better.
Trymantha
First Video: Watchmen Watching

Postby Trymantha » 08 Jan 2010, 22:39

James wrote:
3-D Television Sets
I call Bullshit on this whole 3D revolution. I think people have seen what it can do in the theater setting and decided to take it one step to far. In home 3D is not the way of the future. I'm sorry I will not get behind this technology unless someone pays for it to exist in my home. It's expensive and impractical. I mentioned this a little while ago but only within the last year or two have people been truly embracing new HDTV's I would guess a huge number of people have bought a brand new HDTV in the past 5 years (myself included) and are not looking to replace it this soon. I know I'm not. So I will stand by my call. 3D can suck it.

+1

My problem with 3d is that fact that you need glasses for it.I already wear glasses, before people say contacts, what I do(uni student) makes them next to useless. Im constanly swaping from long distances(need glasses)e.g. lectures, to short distances(glasses give me headaches)e.g. uni labs. so ill have to wear 2 pairs of glasses to watch something in 3d and that borders on painful over long time periods (2 hours+) so please no 3d.
Ok, for the record im a Guy

||tumblr||twitter||
NachoManLance
First Video: The Stages

Postby NachoManLance » 08 Jan 2010, 23:49

The Lenovo, thats what it was called. I was watching a short demonstration of that on its own, and I was blown away.
http://twitter.com/NachoManLance

<Witty quote that induces a chuckle>

Return to “General Discussion”