I got robbed, and I need help!

Drop by and talk about anything you want. This is where all cheese-related discussions should go
Kathleen
LRR Crew
First Video: Season 1 Halloween Special

I got robbed, and I need help!

Postby Kathleen » 09 Jan 2010, 18:26

So, my brand new MacBook got stolen. Yes, the one I saved up for a year for, yes the one my dad and all my friends pitched in to help me buy.
Yes, the one with unedited phailhauses on it...

Yeah...
So, I need your help.

1) If you live in Vancouver and see a brand new macbook (15.4") for sale with no box, it is likely mine! Contact me and I can check the serial number!

2) I am selling... anything to try and raise money to purchase a new laptop as soon as possible. I need a computer! I only have an iPhone and and very old (but reliable) iBook G4.

What can you buy?
I have many comic books - lots of rare old peanuts books!
I can draw you a custom sketch or comic, or something involving art
I can come to your house and cook you dinner (offer only valid in Vancouver/Victoria, contact me first to confirm dates)

How can you buy these things?
https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_s-xclick&hosted_button_id=11059241

With Paypal! Basically, email me at [email protected] - tell me what you want, I'll tell you if I can do it and we'll discuss price.
Art ranges from $5 to $15, books more, dinner to be discussed based on menu.
HOLY SHIT GUYS! BEARS!
Smidge

Re: I got robbed, and I need help!

Postby Smidge » 09 Jan 2010, 18:38

Oh my god, you mean robbed as in hold up or someone broke into your house while you were gone?
I really hope they catch the jerk who did it and hope you recover from the shock.
TomBrend
First Video: long long ago...

Postby TomBrend » 09 Jan 2010, 18:38

How much do we need to donate for more Korea?
steelfox

Postby steelfox » 09 Jan 2010, 18:43

Those bastards!

Desert Bus for Kathleen! I know people will pay moneys for your dancing.
Matt wrote:AND IF SHE'S DEAD SHE CAN'T SAY NO.

-M
Kathleen
LRR Crew

Postby Kathleen » 09 Jan 2010, 18:51

So, to clarify some details, I don't have tennant insurance because I live in a Vancouver illegal suite. Visa has said I can't claim purchase insurance because I didn't put the whole amount on my visa, I also used a gift card from my friends and money my dad gave me. I am disputing this with Visa on Monday and I'll keep you posted. If by some miracle Visa honours the insurance, I will refund all donations, but I will still do commissions that were requested.
HOLY SHIT GUYS! BEARS!
Vanguard
First Video: Unskippable: Lost Planet

Postby Vanguard » 09 Jan 2010, 18:59

*sigh* People are bastards.

Let me do some backchecking, both on how much money I actually have that I can pass along and, on a possibly related note, what your art style is like. Give me a few and I'll get back to ya.
ImageImageImageImage
Graham
Super Moderator

Postby Graham » 09 Jan 2010, 19:06

If the Visa claim doesn't come through we will totally do a live broadcast of "AskLRR for Kathleen"
For hours and hours if need be.

It's for the chil-- the Kathleen!
RvLeshrac

Postby RvLeshrac » 09 Jan 2010, 19:13

[email protected] for the Visa thing. I would expect them to at least cover the portion paid for on the Visa card (though I think it may say in the cardholder agreement that you have to put an entire purchase on the card in order for it to qualify).

If you filed a police report, contact Apple. And make sure you filed a police report, since no one (official) will do anything at all to help you get the stolen item(s) back without a police report.

If you have anything configured to auto-login, or any remote-access enabled, keep Twitter and the rest of TEH INTERNETS updated with the IP or try to get a picture of the thief. And give police the IP, if you can get it.
Vanguard

Postby Vanguard » 09 Jan 2010, 19:15

Wow, I only have 90 bucks to my name. I knew that having to buy that wireless router and harddrive for that 360 that I got as a gift was going to bite me in the ass sooner or later.

I'll see what I can scrounge up within the next couple of days. Honestly, when I can't even afford to perform acts of kindness it becomes blatantly obvious that I need a job. Photography commissions just isn't paying the bills alone anymore, probably because they aren't generating money.

*grumbles*

I'll see what I can do.
ImageImageImageImage
Evil Jim
First Video: Shake Your Hands

Postby Evil Jim » 09 Jan 2010, 19:16

Commission request sent.

Oh yes, and a sample of your artwork would be nice, if you do styles outside of Korea.
Arius wrote:People were just so awestruck by your awesomeness that they became catatonic.
ThrashJazzAssassin wrote:BURN HIM! BURN THE HERETIC! DEATH TO ALL WHO SCORN THE AWESOMENESS OF EVIL JIM!
tak197
Feito Com Fruta
First Video: How To Talk Like A Pirate

Postby tak197 » 09 Jan 2010, 19:20

Vanguard, I'm in the same boat. I need a job really badly and it's still really difficult to get even a part time job in this area. Even the crap jobs are hard to come by.

Hey guys, do you still have my stuff from Desert Bus (if it hasn't gotten there yet, I'll be pissed)? If it's gotten there, go right ahead and auction them. I don't care about minimum bids or anything.
davefp

Postby davefp » 09 Jan 2010, 19:23

Yes, definitely file a police report: http://consumerist.com/2009/12/customer ... rn-it.html
aurora.melody2
First Video: Crime and Punishment

Postby aurora.melody2 » 09 Jan 2010, 19:28

I feel so bad for you, Kathleen!
I wish that undying support was worth money, and I sure hope that Visa will cover part of your loss. If they don't, know that I will watch the live broadcast of "Ask LRR for Kathleen" as long as I can!
I hope that Graham is being at least partially serious, that sounds fun.
"Be honest, you're a zombie."
Vanguard

Postby Vanguard » 09 Jan 2010, 19:36

Please, call me Van for short. As odd as it sounds I'm so use to people abbreviating it that "Vanguard" sounds formal in comparison.

Anyway, Kathleen needing help is the straw that broke the camel's back... as weak as that metaphor may be. I'm putting in an app at Wal-Mart to run stock as we speak. They pay decent wages per hour, the work is easy, and best of all my job will be in stumbling distance of my house (a few blocks away). Besides, I've gotten use to this thing called "eating" and I'd like to keep doing it now and again.
ImageImageImageImage
Vigafre
First Video: Halo: The Future of Gaming

Postby Vigafre » 09 Jan 2010, 19:38

I want to just give you money, but then I'll feel like a dick for not choosing something you're offering. But I don't know what I'd want.

Well, in the end, I'm giving you money, no matter what.
Lord Chrusher
Can't Drink Possible Beers
First Video: Door to Door

Postby Lord Chrusher » 09 Jan 2010, 19:39

That sucks Kathleen. The thief can go huff a dong.

I would buy some art work. I would have to think of what.
We are all made of star dust. However we are also made of nuclear waste.
Remember to think before you post.
JohnyMcmuffin
THERE'S Waldo!
First Video: The Stages

Postby JohnyMcmuffin » 09 Jan 2010, 19:48

I also am in the poor student boat, but every little bit counts, so I am donating what I can spare (and I get a sketch out of the deal, which is always awesome). If well all do this, it should add up and guarantee us future scripts written by Kathleen written on a shiny new computer.
Kathleen
LRR Crew

Postby Kathleen » 09 Jan 2010, 21:07

Wow, everyone is so amazing and generous!
Thank you, I really appreciate it. Turns out there is a serial thief working in my neighbourhood. So creepy.

However, if you don't have the money, do not feel obligated to purchase artwork from me. If I see donations from anyone here who is low on funds or unemployed I will refund them. Also, once again, if visa honours my claim, all donations will be refunded.
HOLY SHIT GUYS! BEARS!
Vanguard

Postby Vanguard » 09 Jan 2010, 21:13

A serial thief? Hm,, well, at the very most the odds are that if they keep targeting the same area they'll screw up, and badly.

In the meantime I'll head over to the "Korea" part of the forums and sleep on ideas for an art commission. If you have anything else awesome that could show off your art style, and you probably do, drop a link when you can?

... is it any comfort to point out that you Macbook's kidnapper is going to go to "the special hell"?
ImageImageImageImage
Raine
First Video: underpantloons

Postby Raine » 09 Jan 2010, 21:49

Thats never any good! Im glad your cats, and your self is ok. If i could i would help out. bet seeing as i need help my sefl, i can not... But The best of luck!
G+ <-- Its a link, yo!
Be Strong!
Be Pleasant.
Be Unwavering!
Be Smart.
Be Awesome!
Awareness! It was under ‘E’!
FFN
First Video: Halo: The Future of Gaming, I think

Postby FFN » 09 Jan 2010, 23:14

Wow, that really, really sucks, especially as your work is on it, and the whole lack of insurance thing :( Glad your cats are okay, though.

Hmm, I'll see what I can spare...
http://www.tfwiki.net, the Transformers Wiki - Serious intellectual discussion about transforming space robots.
tamaness
First Video: LRReview: Desert Bus

Postby tamaness » 09 Jan 2010, 23:29

You have my condolences for your loss. Unfortunately, I'm hard pressed to rub two nickels together right now, and cannot help, but I wish you luck!
epocalypse
First Video: omnilingual (not including unskippable)
Location: the county of los angeles, the city of los angeles, whichever state los angeles is in.

Postby epocalypse » 09 Jan 2010, 23:45

Graham wrote:If the Visa claim doesn't come through we will totally do a live broadcast of "AskLRR for Kathleen"
For hours and hours if need be.

It's for the chil-- the Kathleen!

YEAH!! Screw the children!... Metaphorically speaking, of course. 'ahem'
The Kathleen needs us! How much for an old Peanuts book, Kathleen? Are they the really old pocket sized ones, cause I love those. I'd donate straight, or for a sketch if you don't want to work for free, If I can afford it. I hope this works out. ooo, you know what i bet could haul some cash in? back season lrr DVDs people would want. I hope I'm not crossing any bounds here, just trying to help.
Last edited by epocalypse on 09 Jan 2010, 23:50, edited 1 time in total.
Time flies when I launch grandfather clocks from my trebuchet.
Arius wrote:Epocalypse? More like Epicalypse, amirite? -Arius
and now, here's a link to new animated film, broken_test_zero's blog, and here'sa link to our facebook page.
my personal site
Dempsas
First Video: ss

Postby Dempsas » 10 Jan 2010, 00:51

Wow I love you guys such generousity. :) So sad to hear you got robbed... I would die if I lost my laptop... Artwork hmmm yes I think I have a bit of cash :D let me look into it. Still on holiday so I duno. :)
LonelyAngel
First Video: Killer Instinct

Postby LonelyAngel » 10 Jan 2010, 02:44

Oh man, that sucks. I remember how bad it was when my student house got broken into and they stole my laptop... thankfully it was after everything was over and I had handed everything in... but then a week or two later we all moved out, new people moved their stuff in and the thief struck again, turned out someone was targeting all the houses in the street... except one which turned out to be their own home. Fingers crossed that happens to be a similar case with you and they find your stuff... meanwhile time to think of some artwork to be commissioned.
Check out my new gaming website at: http://www.finalbossfight.co.uk

Return to “General Discussion”