Desert Bus Reunion Tour (Chatters Unite!)

Drop by and talk about anything you want. This is where all cheese-related discussions should go
Digital Dolphin
First Video: Canada Man

Desert Bus Reunion Tour (Chatters Unite!)

Postby Digital Dolphin » 11 Jan 2010, 11:10

Did you have fun watching the LRR crew abuse their bodies with sleep deprivation for nearly a week? Did you have fun chatting with people you've never met while doing it? Do you like anime, gaming, or geek subculture? Are you reading this message?

If you answered yes to ANY of the above questions, you should come out to the Desert Bus Reunion Tour!

(I found this image using google image search and would LOVE to credit the artist who drew it, if anyone knows? I added the text obviously :P)

So what's this all about? Remember how Evil Jim and Kroze were both supposed to come out in person for DesertBus, but due to various reasons, neither were able to make it? Well when I heard that, I began putting plans into motion to create the Desert Bus Reunion Tour; a chance to meet everyone that you missed out on!

So my idea is to bring as many LRR and DesertBus fans as possible out to Anime Evolution for a reunion. Why Anime Evolution? Well it's a pre-existing event that can accommodate a lot of people, and LRR has expressed an interest in attending already, and it means that people coming from far away can get a pretty good bang for their buck (in terms of entertainment and fun).

Here are the details:

Anime Evolution runs from August 13-15 2010, the Desert Bus Reunion Tour (DBRT) will take place on Saturday August 14th (exact time TBD)
Details on how to register for Anime Evolution can be found here: http://www.animeevolution.com/?page_id=1073
Edit: Online Pre-Reg is now available: http://bit.ly/8ONm0q

Anime Evolution is being held at the University of British Columbia in Vancouver BC Canada. the DBRT will be held in the Student Union Building of UBC, on the mainfloor, in the conversation lounge area (I'll post a picture later, it's a nice place near food, with chairs).

Since this is being held at Anime Evolution, you can take advantage of reduced rate accommodations:
http://www.animeevolution.com/?page_id=1083 (book early!)

For those of you coming from a LONG distance, Anime Evolution will be offering reduced airfares through WestJet (for Canadian attendees) and NWA/Delta Airlines (for USA based attendees). Details on that will be posted here as soon as they're ready (but since I personally set up the contracts with both, I'm pretty confident in saying it's on the way. Sorry, nothing for international travellers at this time).

So what do you get for coming out?
- Reduced Airfare / accommodation Rates
- A whole convention full of anime, gaming, art and fun events
- A chance to hang out with other LRR fans
- KROZE will be there! (along with Little Kuriboh of Yugioh Abridged)
- Both Evil Jim and Octopimp have been invited and have expressed an interest in attending
- The LRR crew *WILL BE THERE*

For more information about Anime Evolution and what will be going on, please check here:
http://www.animeevolution.com/ and the Anime Evolution Forums here: http://www.animeevolution.net/

P.S. Why call it the Desert Bus Reunion TOUR? Well you start at home, then you go to the event, then you go home again... much like playing ACTUAL Desert Bus! :mrgreen:

P.P.S. This is 100% fan organized, and not specifically endorsed by anyone (so far?)
Last edited by Digital Dolphin on 04 May 2010, 09:52, edited 2 times in total.
#TeamKroze
Snowfire
First Video: Unskippable: Lost Planet

Re: Desert Bus Reunion Tour (Chatters Unite!)

Postby Snowfire » 11 Jan 2010, 12:15

I have to admit, this is a very intruiging prospect if we can get it together. I would be interested, but the main problem for me would be flights. From Scotland. Regardless of that slight problem though, I'll keep an eye on this.
Juliamon: Snowfire you are a gentleman and a scholar and a brilliant troll. I salute you.

D`Archangel: Snowfire: Your use of SPACE BID proves that you are a strong, adult woman. I am so, so proud of you. <--- Is actually male
Digital Dolphin

Postby Digital Dolphin » 11 Jan 2010, 12:22

Snowfire wrote:I have to admit, this is a very intruiging prospect if we can get it together. I would be interested, but the main problem for me would be flights. From Scotland. Regardless of that slight problem though, I'll keep an eye on this.

It's really hard to get discounts for flights coming in from other countries... mostly due to how many different airlines generally need to be involved. The USA into Canada is easy since we're physically close and it's usually only 1 airline or maybe 2 at most.

I really do think that something like this is long overdue for LRR though. There are TONS of people who follow the LRR Crew, and I have faith that if we just set a time and place, a bunch of people will come out to it. I chose Anime Evolution because it allows for piggyback discounts and kills several birds with one stone (also, I am one of the organizers of AE and can do that sort of thing :P)
#TeamKroze
Dempsas
First Video: ss

Postby Dempsas » 11 Jan 2010, 12:55

Alas.. Im will be back at course and into the books and well the other small problem of being in NZ. Well I can say I would love to go but sadly cant :(
Intellectually funky

Postby Intellectually funky » 11 Jan 2010, 12:58

Duuude... I really want to go but the distance between florida and Victoria,BC is a good long distance. I will think of ways for transportation( probably flight)but I will keep an ear to the ground on this one.
I never forget a face, but in your case I'll be glad to make an exception. - Groucho Marx

March Hare: Ah, that's just it. If you don't think, then you shouldn't talk.
Master Gunner
Defending us from The Dutch!
First Video: How To Talk Like A Pirate

Postby Master Gunner » 11 Jan 2010, 13:13

Depending on the timing and how far west I can get for my job first, I'll try to be there. The reduced rates greatly improve that likelihood.
TheRocket wrote:Apparently the crotch area could not contain the badonkadonk area.
Twitter | Click here to join the Desert Bus Community Chat.
Snowfire
First Video: Unskippable: Lost Planet

Postby Snowfire » 11 Jan 2010, 13:17

Digital Dolphin wrote:
Snowfire wrote:I have to admit, this is a very intruiging prospect if we can get it together. I would be interested, but the main problem for me would be flights. From Scotland. Regardless of that slight problem though, I'll keep an eye on this.

It's really hard to get discounts for flights coming in from other countries... mostly due to how many different airlines generally need to be involved. The USA into Canada is easy since we're physically close and it's usually only 1 airline or maybe 2 at most.

I really do think that something like this is long overdue for LRR though. There are TONS of people who follow the LRR Crew, and I have faith that if we just set a time and place, a bunch of people will come out to it. I chose Anime Evolution because it allows for piggyback discounts and kills several birds with one stone (also, I am one of the organizers of AE and can do that sort of thing :P)

I understand that it's difficult to get discounts from other countries and I'm not saying that'll stop me from trying to get there. It's just getting my hands on the grand or so that I'll need to pay for it all. I do admit though, if I get an unconditional for Aberdeen I am going to do my damndest to find a full time job doing just about anything for this sort of chance to meet and greet. I can understand the 'kill several birds with one stone' thing and it really makes sense. Cheaper flights for people in NA and cheaper accomodation for all.

Hold on a second.....

Actually, this might be possible if I get that unconditional. It completely slipped my mind, but I'm planning on doing Camp America this year (I go over to the States and help out at a summer camp). I could conceivably put myself down to work between June and the first week or so of August. This would mean I'd be in the States and would be able to take advantage of any flight discounts you have. So on thinking about that...this might be friken possible for me :mrgreen:

I'll keep my eye on this for further updates but as it's quite likely I'll have to choose my camp dates on the 26th of this month I'd want to see how many were commited by then. At that point I'd choose if I wanted to do more Camp America or come here. I cannot believe I forgot about CA but it might be the thing that lets me go along to this :mrgreen:

Now I need to go restart my memory systems, don't mind the screams.
Juliamon: Snowfire you are a gentleman and a scholar and a brilliant troll. I salute you.

D`Archangel: Snowfire: Your use of SPACE BID proves that you are a strong, adult woman. I am so, so proud of you. <--- Is actually male
Trymantha
First Video: Watchmen Watching

Postby Trymantha » 11 Jan 2010, 13:39

Dempsas wrote:Alas.. Im will be back at course and into the books and well the other small problem of being in NZ. Well I can say I would love to go but sadly cant :(

that exactly like I mean exactly.

you a uni student by anychance, if yes what uni?
Ok, for the record im a Guy

||tumblr||twitter||
Lord Chrusher
Can't Drink Possible Beers
First Video: Door to Door

Postby Lord Chrusher » 11 Jan 2010, 21:17

New Zealand people, there may be some sort of meet up in Australia. I know it is a long way from New Zealand but it much closer than Canada.
We are all made of star dust. However we are also made of nuclear waste.
Remember to think before you post.
King Kool
Quality and Quantity

Postby King Kool » 11 Jan 2010, 21:41

I know it's not the same thing, but does anyone know the word on LRR going to PAX East?
a winner is you. - Ash
King Kool, you are wrong. - Graham
King Kool, shut your face. - James
This thread was creepy until KingKool made it AWESOME. - Tombrend
Why this obsession with foam implements? - Metcarfre
TorachiKatashi

Postby TorachiKatashi » 11 Jan 2010, 23:19

I don't know how you could chat with ANYONE this year. I had to close the IRC most of the time because the thing was moving so fast all it was doing was giving me a headache.
sdhonda
First Video: Fun With Microwaves

Postby sdhonda » 11 Jan 2010, 23:27

Actually, I think I might be able to attend this one, if its in August. I should have all my debts squared off by that point, with enough left over to make the trip.

Dunno if I'll still be able to afford my SC2 compy though.

I'll have a better idea 'round july.
Trymantha

Postby Trymantha » 11 Jan 2010, 23:53

Lord Chrusher wrote:New Zealand people, there may be some sort of meet up in Australia. I know it is a long way from New Zealand but it much closer than Canada.

ahh the good old west island.(seroiusly there are that many of us over here...uhh there).

||tumblr||twitter||
Master Gunner
Defending us from The Dutch!

Postby Master Gunner » 12 Jan 2010, 08:03

TorachiKatashi wrote:I don't know how you could chat with ANYONE this year. I had to close the IRC most of the time because the thing was moving so fast all it was doing was giving me a headache.

I spent most of it in the regular LRR IRC, in which one could have an actual conversation.
TheRocket wrote:Apparently the crotch area could not contain the badonkadonk area.
Twitter | Click here to join the Desert Bus Community Chat.
Dempsas

Postby Dempsas » 12 Jan 2010, 08:10

Trymantha wrote:
Dempsas wrote:Alas.. Im will be back at course and into the books and well the other small problem of being in NZ. Well I can say I would love to go but sadly cant :(

Otago. But Polytech to be presice. I wonder how many LRR fans we got in NZ I know a few from the forums and RL.
Digital Dolphin

Postby Digital Dolphin » 12 Jan 2010, 09:43

You know... if there are enough people interested in coming out from New Zealand, it MIGHT be possible to get a discount. Different airlines have different rules. Some require 10 people minimum, and some require 25. I'm starting to wonder if there might not be enough LRR fans in NZ to pull it off though? XD

I never really noticed how many LRR fans there were in NZ! :shock:
#TeamKroze
Tim
proudfoot
First Video: Something funny.

Postby Tim » 12 Jan 2010, 10:04

King Kool wrote:I know it's not the same thing, but does anyone know the word on LRR going to PAX East?

No official word yet, but we'd like to go.
Special People: Superhero-with-a-twist web fiction, updating twice weekly.
Losing Freight: A sci-fi serial where readers vote on daily polls to shape the future of the story!
Dempsas

Postby Dempsas » 12 Jan 2010, 10:48

Digital Dolphin wrote:You know... if there are enough people interested in coming out from New Zealand, it MIGHT be possible to get a discount. Different airlines have different rules. Some require 10 people minimum, and some require 25. I'm starting to wonder if there might not be enough LRR fans in NZ to pull it off though? XD

I never really noticed how many LRR fans there were in NZ! :shock:

:mrgreen: There is deffinatly a fair few of us. :) Gotta support our fellow half Kiwi Kathleen :D
I dunno, I have spare money but I am still on holiday in Europe and I dont think I can have enough money together by that time to travel overseas again. Australia on the other hand thats like going up north, and most of the time a bit cheaper.
operagirl95
First Video: n

Postby operagirl95 » 12 Jan 2010, 11:15

Would love to come, but that is the weekend right before classes start, no can do. :cry:

Wish I had known about the LRR IRC. The Escapist chat was, um, yeah... not my thing.
Trymantha

Postby Trymantha » 12 Jan 2010, 13:38

Dempsas wrote:
Trymantha wrote:

Otago. But Polytech to be presice. I wonder how many LRR fans we got in NZ I know a few from the forums and RL.

Nice one, im at the uni there, we should sart a dunedin Lrr fanclub downthere or something to that end.

||tumblr||twitter||
Dempsas

Postby Dempsas » 13 Jan 2010, 01:14

Yea :) I dunno how many of us are in Dunedin, I know 1 irl and hes the one who introduced me to it. But If there is enough one can always talk to clubs and socs.
Octopimp
First Video: Desert Bus

Postby Octopimp » 13 Jan 2010, 18:07

Jeeze, I haven't been to an anime con in ages.

If I end up going I'll have to make a costume for it.
tak197
Feito Com Fruta

Postby tak197 » 13 Jan 2010, 18:13

Octopimp wrote:Jeeze, I haven't been to an anime con in ages.

If I end up going I'll have to make a costume for it.

A) Welcome sir.

B) Super Saiyan Octopimp. There's your costume. Go.
WallCat

Postby WallCat » 21 Jan 2010, 18:35

the thought of so many LRR fans in one place is both terrifying and utterly exhilarating! Been looking for an excuse to go to more cons, now para venture it may happen!
~WallCat~
Digital Dolphin

Postby Digital Dolphin » 04 May 2010, 09:55

Thread resurrection!

I think I can now say with some surety that the LRR crew will be at AE :)

I should be able to say exactly WHAT the LRR crew will be doing soon too!
#TeamKroze

Return to “General Discussion”