Spidey 4 is No More!

Drop by and talk about anything you want. This is where all cheese-related discussions should go

No Spidey 4 with Raimi

Boo
7%
Hurray
37%
Booray
33%
Hurroo
23%

Total votes: 30
Nevrmore
Supreme Testicle Manager

Re: Spidey 4 is No More!

Postby Nevrmore » 12 Jan 2010, 11:26

What? Raimi wasn't a fan of Venom. He admitted that he never liked Venom or the idea of symbiotes, which is why he didn't want it in the movie. Your sentence doesn't make much sense.
King Kool
Quality and Quantity

Postby King Kool » 12 Jan 2010, 12:04

I thought that was a cover at Comic-Con for him revealing him later.

Maybe I'm wrong.
a winner is you. - Ash
King Kool, you are wrong. - Graham
King Kool, shut your face. - James
This thread was creepy until KingKool made it AWESOME. - Tombrend
Why this obsession with foam implements? - Metcarfre
tak197
Feito Com Fruta
First Video: How To Talk Like A Pirate

Postby tak197 » 12 Jan 2010, 19:44

So would it be safe to say that this reboot is basically going to end up being Spiderman: the Dark Arachnid?
Bananafish

Postby Bananafish » 12 Jan 2010, 19:45

reboot was a great show
TheRocket
First Video: Those Games That We Played

Postby TheRocket » 12 Jan 2010, 19:51

Hmm.. grit and edge. Sounds like they want to reboot it into the Dark Knight.
Walk in like DeNiro, and leave like Brando.

You're living proof that Darwin was a moron.
tak197
Feito Com Fruta

Postby tak197 » 12 Jan 2010, 19:52

I think we agree on that Bananafish. I think we'd prefer to see Reboot before a Spidey reboot.
Bananafish

Postby Bananafish » 12 Jan 2010, 19:54

When i was a kid I bought a spidey web canister and it didn't work so i hate spiderman

i'd be all for a spiderman movie set in WWII though, spiderman fighting nazis would be hilarious.

e: I DONT CARE if it's not canon, it'd be awesome.
MarkVI
First Video: iPhone Alternative

Postby MarkVI » 12 Jan 2010, 19:58

I was entertained by Spiderman 3, though I agree it wasn't up to par with the other two films.

However, if Raimi isn't going to do a 4th film, then I don't see the point in doing another Spiderman film so soon if it's just going to be a remake from scratch. It's way too early after the last film to do that in my opinion. And frankly, I'm kind of sick of seeing/hearing/reading the same god damn origin of Spiderman story. I'd rather see an established Spiderman go up against interesting villains like Shocker, Scorpion, or Carnage, or even to team up with other Marvel super heroes. I don't want to see the same old Spiderman vs. Green Goblin shit all over again. Sam Raimi already made that film and it can't be beat.
TheRocket
First Video: Those Games That We Played

Postby TheRocket » 12 Jan 2010, 20:00

My spidey web cannisters worked awesomely. But they did run out too quickly. First spidey takes our money for ill working cannisters, then he takes our money with 3 crappy films with some of the worst acting o all time. DAMN YOU SPIDERMAN!!
Walk in like DeNiro, and leave like Brando.

You're living proof that Darwin was a moron.
iEatNinjaZ
Location: My Amazing Underwater World of Underwater Wonder That Is Under The Water™

Postby iEatNinjaZ » 12 Jan 2010, 20:10

Evil Dead 4

now
Trymantha
First Video: Watchmen Watching

Postby Trymantha » 12 Jan 2010, 23:07

iEatNinjaZ wrote:Evil Dead 4

now

It wouldnt live up, look at Indiana jones 4, the new Star Wars trilogy.
Ok, for the record im a Guy

||tumblr||twitter||
Evil Jim
First Video: Shake Your Hands

Postby Evil Jim » 12 Jan 2010, 23:12

They're rebooting the frigging series already??? Hollywood, for once in your frigging life DO SOMETHING ORIGINAL! Gads.
Arius wrote:People were just so awestruck by your awesomeness that they became catatonic.
ThrashJazzAssassin wrote:BURN HIM! BURN THE HERETIC! DEATH TO ALL WHO SCORN THE AWESOMENESS OF EVIL JIM!
iEatNinjaZ
Location: My Amazing Underwater World of Underwater Wonder That Is Under The Water™

Postby iEatNinjaZ » 13 Jan 2010, 03:15

Trymantha wrote:
iEatNinjaZ wrote:Evil Dead 4

now

It wouldnt live up, look at Indiana jones 4, the new Star Wars trilogy.

Good thing George Lucas will not be working on this.
Machalllewis
First Video: Ways to Stay Awake

Postby Machalllewis » 13 Jan 2010, 03:25

See I didn't think Spiderman 3 was that bad. Sorry to buck the trend. Compared to say The Fantastic Four films Spiderman 3 was okay. Yeah it was a little ploddy and overly-bad guyed and the whole emo thing was kind of stupid, but the action scenes were okay and plentiful (thanks to the abundance of bad guys) and all in all wasnt that horrendous.

Not that I'm mourning Spiderman 4. There is no film which survives into the fourth installment of a series without changing to some huge degree (Becoming terrible is a change).
Nothing to see here.
Genghis Ares
First Video: ArmEGAddon

Postby Genghis Ares » 13 Jan 2010, 04:48

The saddest part in all of this is that Bruce Campbell won't be in Spider-man, then. And that's a fucking tragedy.
ThrashJazzAssassin
First Video: The Lich King's New Wrath

Postby ThrashJazzAssassin » 13 Jan 2010, 04:57

It might just be a reboot in the sense that The Incredible (and vastly less suckworthy than Ang Lee's piece of crap) Hulk was a reboot: giving the character a slightly different origin but not just making a film of the new origin story. Although I think people might be less happy about changing Spidey's background too much.

Anyway, which of the four poll options corresponds to "Never mind, I wasn't going to watch it anyway unless there was nothing better on telly one day"?
What?

Postby What? » 13 Jan 2010, 17:48

I certainly hope not. Ang Lee's Hulk was a masterpiece. The Incredible Hulk was a sea of mediocrity. I'd expect the same to happen with Spider-Man.
tak197
Feito Com Fruta

Postby tak197 » 13 Jan 2010, 17:53

Machalllewis wrote:There is no film which survives into the fourth installment of a series without changing to some huge degree (Becoming terrible is a change).

I'd say there is one possible exception, being the Harry Potter series, but as it is following a pre-written timeline and canon (each movie follows exactly one book), I don't know if you can really say that each movie is a sequel or prequel to another.
Genghis Ares
First Video: ArmEGAddon

Postby Genghis Ares » 13 Jan 2010, 21:47

You could also try to arge Star Wars Episode IV, but it really doesn't count.

Also, Ang Lee's Hulk blew goats.
Matt
LRR Crew

Postby Matt » 13 Jan 2010, 21:56

tak197 wrote:
Machalllewis wrote:There is no film which survives into the fourth installment of a series without changing to some huge degree (Becoming terrible is a change).

I'd say there is one possible exception, being the Harry Potter series, but as it is following a pre-written timeline and canon (each movie follows exactly one book), I don't know if you can really say that each movie is a sequel or prequel to another.

Bond?

Star Trek?

-m

I am not angry at you.
Cybren

Postby Cybren » 14 Jan 2010, 01:09

Sorry Matt, the correct answer was "Zattoichi", thanks for playing and good night everyone. Remember to have your pets spayed and neutered.
Machalllewis

Postby Machalllewis » 14 Jan 2010, 01:30

Matt wrote:
tak197 wrote:

Bond?

Star Trek?

-m

Because all of the Star Trek films were just awesome? They re-booted the series for a reason.

Bond falls under the pre-written clause like Harry Potter.

I'm suprised nobody mentioned Die Hard. I was all prepared to argue that Die Hard 4 didn't count as a Die Hard film.

Any road, yes it was a sweeping statement. I'm sure that there are exceptions but you gotta agree by the time a fourth film has come out its normally so wildly different from the original that its more frustrating than satisfying. What with cast and crew changes and everything.
Nothing to see here.
Master Gunner
Defending us from The Dutch!

Postby Master Gunner » 14 Jan 2010, 05:44

Not all of Star Trek was awesome, but you said up to the fourth movie. The first wasn't horrible, just badly paced and suffered from major problems with the executives and the effects company. The second was one of the best films ever, the third wasn't bad, it just couldn't live up to its predecessor, and the fourth was great. So it did make it to the fourth installment before becoming terrible or changing to a huge degree. It wasn't until Insurrection/Nemesis (the NINTH and TENTH installments) before requiring a reboot.

While Bond movies borrow titles and sometimes the general plot of the books/short stories, they hardly fall under the pre-written clause, as they are largely original work (and even if they were pre-written, 22 films is still a massive achievement).
TheRocket wrote:Apparently the crotch area could not contain the badonkadonk area.
Twitter | Click here to join the Desert Bus Community Chat.
Machalllewis

Postby Machalllewis » 14 Jan 2010, 06:10

Master Gunner wrote:Not all of Star Trek was awesome, but you said up to the fourth movie. The first wasn't horrible, just badly paced and suffered from major problems with the executives and the effects company. The second was one of the best films ever, the third wasn't bad, it just couldn't live up to its predecessor, and the fourth was great. So it did make it to the fourth installment before becoming terrible or changing to a huge degree. It wasn't until Insurrection/Nemesis (the NINTH and TENTH installments) before requiring a reboot.

While Bond movies borrow titles and sometimes the general plot of the books/short stories, they hardly fall under the pre-written clause, as they are largely original work (and even if they were pre-written, 22 films is still a massive achievement).

As I noted above Captain Pedantic, it was a sweeping statement and there would naturally be exceptions.

However I would count the whole change of the entire cast thing to the Next Generation as a fairly huge change so its more like the SIXTH movie that it made it to without a huge change.

In addition the FIFTH movie was awarded a Golden Razzie for the worst film of 1989 so I guess they only really managed to beat the rule by one film.

So well done them I guess. This is all naturally if we accept your original points regarding the first film (I seem to recall it being described as a critical failure).

As far as the Bonds are concerned I would hardly say that Dr No and Die Another Day (I havent actually seen the most recent two Bonds) can really be considered to be similar to one another in anyway. The only similarity in fact is just the name.

But to re-iterate I did say that I was making a sweeping statement and you have to agree with me that whenever you hear about the fourth iteration of a series is coming out do you really expect it to be as good as the original?
Nothing to see here.
epocalypse
First Video: omnilingual (not including unskippable)
Location: the county of los angeles, the city of los angeles, whichever state los angeles is in.

Postby epocalypse » 14 Jan 2010, 14:21

Matt wrote:
tak197 wrote:

Bond?

Star Trek?

-m

The Adventures of Antoine Doinel?

and honestly I liked Die Hard 4.0 as a part of the series(the title I prefer).

And what about the DEAD series? although i guess the third kind of sucks...
Time flies when I launch grandfather clocks from my trebuchet.
Arius wrote:Epocalypse? More like Epicalypse, amirite? -Arius
and now, here's a link to new animated film, broken_test_zero's blog, and here'sa link to our facebook page.
my personal site

Return to “General Discussion”