Elomin Sha's Nighttime Cheese Experiments

Drop by and talk about anything you want. This is where all cheese-related discussions should go
sdhonda
First Video: Fun With Microwaves

Re: Elomin Sha's Nighttime Cheese Experiments

Postby sdhonda » 22 Jan 2010, 07:51

That involves crossing the ocean.

Fuck that.
Jillers
First Video: How to Talk LIke a Pirate

Postby Jillers » 22 Jan 2010, 08:37

The FDA takes the taste out of everything =(
Team Cybershark

[subliminal] visit Geeking Out About [/subliminal]

~End Transmission~
operagirl95
First Video: n

Postby operagirl95 » 22 Jan 2010, 13:39

Indeed they do.
TomBrend
First Video: long long ago...

Postby TomBrend » 22 Jan 2010, 15:23

I'd probably try one of the really stinky English cheeses, like Stilton... I feel like that would be likely to result in crazy dreams. I'd also try a nice gouda and some brie, just for coverage.

I suggest you get a selection of different styles of cheese and find the style that makes your dreams craziest. From there, you can experiment with specific varieties, see what hits you most.
Metcarfre
First Video: Not Applicable

Postby Metcarfre » 23 Jan 2010, 14:29

In the interest of SCIENCE, make sure to do a couple controls (no cheese).
Elomin Sha
First Video: Max Effect

Postby Elomin Sha » 27 Jan 2010, 04:53

Okay, I had three slices of mature cheddar cheese last night and weirdness ensured.

The dream:

I was back at the pub I haven't lived in for 10 years now, in my old room but I felt as if I was in another country. This fat security officer (for some reason he was Mexican or Indian) was rummaging through my belongings (which I actually own now) and was evaluating them to whether I had bought them or not.
He picks out some of my important things and carries them off in a box. I try to explain to him that they are mine and I haven't stolen them. I some how insult him with words and take the box off him. He, now upset, then walks to the stairs and slides down them on his belly knocks the door open with his head then runs off crying.
I then chase after him and for some unknown reason the next thing I know: he's giving me a horsie ride on his back and we were having such gaiety fun.

One of the weirdest dreams so far.
Last edited by Elomin Sha on 27 Jan 2010, 10:46, edited 1 time in total.
The most unique, nicest, and confusing individual you will get to know. Don't be stupid around me, that's my job.
https://displate.com/elominsha/galleries
If you need art, I take commissions, PM me.
Zivlok

Postby Zivlok » 27 Jan 2010, 04:58

That was weird and confusing, and thus...

VERY MANLY!

Huh, I'll have to try that some time. I got some smoked brie I need to kill.
Elomin Sha

Postby Elomin Sha » 27 Jan 2010, 05:13

And a LRR Community Video you have yet to contribute to, do I expect too much from you?
The most unique, nicest, and confusing individual you will get to know. Don't be stupid around me, that's my job.
AlexanderDitto
Better Than the First Alexander
First Video: Desert Bus 1: The Original!

Postby AlexanderDitto » 27 Jan 2010, 06:14

Does this really work? Holy shit! This is awesome. I need to get me some cheese post haste!

I wonder if anyone's ever made "dream pills," little cylindrical bits of cheese packaged and sold for 3X the price on late night infomercials?
Elomin Sha

Postby Elomin Sha » 27 Jan 2010, 06:29

This seems to be sprouting into a new cheese movement. Next I'll try edam, I hate edam so double trouble.
Master Gunner
Defending us from The Dutch!
First Video: How To Talk Like A Pirate

Postby Master Gunner » 27 Jan 2010, 10:03

Food can have wide and startling effects on one's psyche. My father won't drink chamomile tea because, while it puts him to sleep quickly, it gives him rather disturbing dreams apparently. Thus far I haven't being able to find any food that gives me extra-weird dreams, but I almost never remember my dreams anyways.
TheRocket wrote:Apparently the crotch area could not contain the badonkadonk area.
Twitter | Click here to join the Desert Bus Community Chat.
kkief02

Postby kkief02 » 05 Feb 2010, 16:56

Oh man Elomin. That dream sounds so rad. I can't wait to see what happens next
Graham wrote:It was less "filler" and more "I'm Morgan! I want to show off my hat! I have sex with dead horses!"
Elomin Sha

Postby Elomin Sha » 05 Feb 2010, 17:21

I'm not one for swearing but F*CKING DUTCH. It took me 41 mins to choke down 2 slices of edam cheese. I hate edam.
OMGItsSarah helped by threatening me if I didn't eat the cheese. On the last bite we carmelldansen. Now when I go to sleep we'll see how bad it gets.
Cheese wasn't the only thing I ate, I ate toothpaste to take the taste away then I thought of putting toothpaste on the cheese, did not help one bit.

Results to follow tomorrow.
tak197
Feito Com Fruta

Postby tak197 » 05 Feb 2010, 19:32

AlexanderDitto wrote:Does this really work? Holy shit! This is awesome. I need to get me some cheese post haste!

I wonder if anyone's ever made "dream pills," little cylindrical bits of cheese packaged and sold for 3X the price on late night infomercials?

Phunny Story: I have those "dream pills" you speak of. Actually, they are my anti-depressants, but my old prescription gave me dreamless sleep. These new ones give me... er... let me just share one of the more 'normal' dreams with you. I don't really know why I wrote it down, but who knows.

The dream quite literally was myself as part of "a group of guys from a college bar decide to start gay color guard group and perform in bike shorts, other guys on competing color guards want to ask them out, even though they find the whole group laughable and are semi-elitist".

See if this is fairly "normal", I'm waiting for a particularly batshit one to hit me overnight.
Sieg Reyu
First Video: How to Talk Like a Pirate

Postby Sieg Reyu » 06 Feb 2010, 00:09

Elomin Sha wrote:I like sleeping
I like dreaming (nightmares mainly)
I like weirdness
and I like cheese.

MAIN BODY:

I guess many if not all know that eating cheese before you go to bed gives you nightmares or something close to it. I need cheese recommendations for what can give me the weirdest/scariest dreams (singly or combination wise).
If anyone knows what their effects are put it next to the cheese.
Example:
Dairylea = weirdness

RESULTS so far:

Several nights ago I started dabbling in cheese induced nightmares. Well I started off on the tamest of the cheeses a wheel of dairylea triangles.

1st night I had one triangle of fake cheese. I dreamt I was hopping around like a kangaroo.

2nd night I had two triangles and was engaged in a fire fight on the death star (somehow knew it was the death star with out being told). I get shot as does a comrade. As we fall to the ground a thermal detonator is thrown between us. We fight to get hold of it by loose wrist slapping each other's hands. I go to throw it but I throw it into my comrade's body and then I wake up.

Then I ran out of cheese.
I smell mythbusters.
Image Image Image
Re'ozul

Postby Re'ozul » 06 Feb 2010, 02:43

Hmm, I might actually try this with Esrom or Harzer Roller.
Elomin Sha

Postby Elomin Sha » 06 Feb 2010, 02:46

Results of last night. After all the trouble of chocking down 2 slices of edam and almost throwing up in the process: Nothing. Not one crazy aspect dream.
I'm guessing that there is a delayed reaction to all this, or the toothpaste I put on the cheese counter acted its effects.
Master Gunner

Postby Master Gunner » 06 Feb 2010, 12:14

Or the cheese gave you telepathic powers which transmitted the weird-dreaming aspects to me. Since last night I had some of the weirdest dreams I've had in years (or at least, since the time I dreamed of a battleship crow's nest in the main foyer of the school, along with some other impossible geometry which allowed me to shoot Marla Singer with a sniper rifle).
TheRocket wrote:Apparently the crotch area could not contain the badonkadonk area.
Elomin Sha

Postby Elomin Sha » 06 Feb 2010, 12:20

What were the dreams?
Master Gunner

Postby Master Gunner » 06 Feb 2010, 12:32

I'm not exactly good with explaining these types of thing, but the general story arch was a sci-fi setting involving multiple timelines, had a weird-ass clothes drier that I used in a Big-Lipped-Alligator-Moment, a jungle planet scene that involved unlocking a monument or something, which led into stuff I just can't describe, and then this somehow led into a party in the near-present day that delved into what I can only assume was dealing with personal issues, though it still doesn't make any sense to me, and the whole thing ended with a fist-bump (as many things should).
Elomin Sha

Postby Elomin Sha » 06 Feb 2010, 13:46

I will not be deterred by this setback and will tonight eat more disgusting dutch edam...AGAIN! And this time it is for two purposes to give myself bad dreams and to see if I do have telepathic or telepathetic powers. It's not SCIENCE if the results aren't repeatable. Sorry Gunner but it's round 2.
Master Gunner

Postby Master Gunner » 06 Feb 2010, 14:53

I look forward to it.
tak197
Feito Com Fruta

Postby tak197 » 06 Feb 2010, 17:30

UPDATE: I had another notable dream last night, this time it was a fuckin' MUSICAL NUMBER in a hotel around sectionals for show choir, in a hotel after a falling ot between me and the female lead.

I hope your dreams aren't as batshit loco as mine are.
Arius

Postby Arius » 06 Feb 2010, 17:36

Weird dream last night: I had a dream about opening my duffel bag in class and pulling out my binder. I don't know why I had a duffel bag, but here we go. On my binder was a nest of giant hornets. The size of those Japanese bee things. Some bigger. They were half dead, but freaked me the hell out.

Obviously, I blame Elolmin.
H̼̮̖͓̻ͮ̀ͬ̓e̟̦͉̾̔̀ͣ͆̄ ͚̤̈̉ͦ̎ͭ̚c̰̠͚̜̹ͪ̐̎̃ͅo̗͌͛ͥ͑m̍ͬͥ̚e͍̱̲̤͚̹͔͛s͚̱̤͚̲̭̗̃̎ͭ̚.̘̫̖̮̠͒̔.̝̹̟̳͚̂̆̋͌̐̚.̬͓̰̃̑
tak197
Feito Com Fruta

Postby tak197 » 06 Feb 2010, 17:50

Arius wrote:Weird dream last night: I had a dream about opening my duffel bag in class and pulling out my binder. I don't know why I had a duffel bag, but here we go. On my binder was a nest of giant hornets. The size of those Japanese bee things. Some bigger. They were half dead, but freaked me the hell out.

Obviously, I blame Elolmin.

A) Elomin Sha has a new nickname around here.

B) ZOMG JAPANESE FACERAPING HORNETS!!!!!1!1!1one

Return to “General Discussion”