Lautner Fan to Universal: You Ripped Off Twilight

Drop by and talk about anything you want. This is where all cheese-related discussions should go
Rosco-128
First Video: ArMEGAddon

Re: Lautner Fan to Universal: You Ripped Off Twilight

Postby Rosco-128 » 22 Feb 2010, 02:16

I showed this to my sister, and we are in agreement - this has to be a troll. Every line of that letter is calculated to annoy.
Machalllewis
First Video: Ways to Stay Awake

Postby Machalllewis » 22 Feb 2010, 02:39

Yeah it's either totally fake or somebody so young that they simply have never heard of werewolves before.

The phrase Twilight is starting to become synonymous with "moron" but its like any fanaticism. Theres always gonna be people wayyyyy out on the edge who do the ridiculous things that makes everyone else who may have a passing interest in the books look bad. For instance, I know a bunch of people who list it as a "guilty pleasure."
Nothing to see here.
Steamcastle
First Video: commodoreHUSTLE 11 - Showdown

Postby Steamcastle » 22 Feb 2010, 04:04

Gordon Fearman wrote:
Bananafish wrote:
Men who walk in on women in the women's bathroom are perverts in the same way that people who like Twilight are morons.

I've known people who like Twilight that aren't morons. Generalization disproven I guess?

Wrong because a man might accidentally walk into the women's bathroom for any number of reasons that include, but are not limited to:
He's blind
He's been temporarily blinded
His arch-nemesis switched the signs
He's got a drug deal going down in there
He's following Dante
He is Dante
He's the bouncer
He's the plumber
He's in drag

ANALOGY FUNCTIONAL!

one more reason a man might accidentally walk into the women's bathroom

a restroom gender sign switcher, http://www.illutron.dk/posts/60
only in Denmark would we make a thing like that, of course to use against the Swede.
empath
First Video: How to Talk Like a Pirate

Oh, sweet creamery butter this is painful...

Postby empath » 22 Feb 2010, 05:23

Machalllewis wrote:Yeah it's either totally fake or somebody so young that they simply have never heard of werewolves before.

And not merely ignorant of the precedence of the subject matter before Twilight, but WILFULLY and FORCEFULLY ignorant of any level of research about which they're talking, AND a rabid fanatic that HAS to belligerently attack something that doesn't match the Gospel According to St.Stephanie.

It's not only the ignorance that Bram Stoker didn't 'rip off' Stephanie Meyer, it's the blind fanaticism that makes them immune to reason and rational discussion. Seriously, I had the 'Bram stole from Meyer' discussion with a co-worker who refused to change her view or listen to FACT; and before you say 'well, teens are like that when the get fixated on somthing' SHE'S OLDER THAN I AM. Image

The phrase Twilight is starting to become synonymous with "moron" but its like any fanaticism. Theres always gonna be people wayyyyy out on the edge who do the ridiculous things that makes everyone else who may have a passing interest in the books look bad. For instance, I know a bunch of people who list it as a "guilty pleasure."

Granted, you and Nevrmore and others have a point; these people were stupid before the books ever came out, and probably would STILL be stupid if Meyer never got published, but the fact that they latch on to this fantasy stuff like it's a religion is really unsettling-bordering-on-getting-in-line-behind-Graham (yeah, I *HOPE* it's a troll...)

And the fact that I find the subject matter offensive in its misogyny is beside the point; if someone were to tell me "that JR Token{sic} dude totally ripped of R.A. Salvatore! He can't even hide it by calling his halflings 'hobbits'!", I'd laugh at the obvious joke, and then back away in fear if it turned out they weren't joking. If they persisted in these illogical beliefs in the face of contradicting fact and evidence, I'd seriously contemplate sterilizing them to prevent damage to the sum human cognitive ability.

The irony of the whole original (troll?) manifesto makes me think of the Buffy the Vampire Slayer episode "Lie to Me"... :)

ADDENDUM: Okay, just checked out the link, and my faith in humankind is riven. Even if the OP was a fake cooked up 'El Guapo', it's the SINCERE replies that worry me:

I would LOVE this girls e-mail address, but since I don't I can only correct her on here.
*ahem*
1. Jacob is NOT a warewolf{sic}, he is a shape shifter, you would know this if you had actually read the books.
2. Warewolf transformations are SUPPOSED to be horrid, gruesome things, not just like.. poof I'm a wolf now.
3. Jacob doesn't look like the wolfman because he's NOT a warewolf.
4. You only think that Taylor Lautner makes a better "warewolf" because you find him attractive, and to be completely honest, I find him quite attractive also, that doesn't change the fact that he just shape shifts into a wolf.
5. I'm a Twilight fan, of the books more than the movies, I happen to think the movies are quite dumb, I only enjoyed New Moon because I didn't have to see Robert Pattinson most of the time and Lautner was shirtless 99% of the time, which was quite nice.

>>I'm a Twilight fan, of the books more than the movies, I happen to think the movies are quite dumb,

>books more than the movies, I happen to think the movies are quite dumb

Last edited by empath on 22 Feb 2010, 07:14, edited 1 time in total.
Gordon Fearman
First Video: Three PS3s
Location: Time and space. Anything more specific tends to vary.

Postby Gordon Fearman » 22 Feb 2010, 06:47

Steamcastle wrote:
Gordon Fearman wrote:
Bananafish wrote:I've known people who like Twilight that aren't morons. Generalization disproven I guess?

Wrong because a man might accidentally walk into the women's bathroom for any number of reasons that include, but are not limited to:
He's blind
He's been temporarily blinded
His arch-nemesis switched the signs
He's got a drug deal going down in there
He's following Dante
He is Dante
He's the bouncer
He's the plumber
He's in drag

ANALOGY FUNCTIONAL!

one more reason a man might accidentally walk into the women's bathroom

a restroom gender sign switcher, http://www.illutron.dk/posts/60
only in Denmark would we make a thing like that, of course to use against the Swede.

AHAHAHAHAHA!!

AHAHAHAHAHA!!

I just love the justification: awkward situations need to be created.
Last edited by Gordon Fearman on 22 Feb 2010, 07:30, edited 1 time in total.
"When I feel my friends have been conspiring against me, I break into their bedrooms and I write in their diaries."

(PM me if this pic is too big.)
Zed Alpha

Postby Zed Alpha » 22 Feb 2010, 07:21

What the fuck? I leave the forums for a month or so, I get back, and there's this stupid roaming the Internet?

What the fuck? This is hilarious in an "oh my gods the world is doomed" sort of way, but what?
Frozengale wrote:You know you're on the internet when Masturbation is the first suggestion.
empath
First Video: How to Talk Like a Pirate

Postby empath » 22 Feb 2010, 08:06

:idea: Oh, yeah! THIS Penny Arcade is what this whole situation reminds me of, except, you know, not as funny...
Mister Fiend
First Video: Three PS3's

Postby Mister Fiend » 24 Feb 2010, 10:16

I have said all I will ever need to say about Twilight, and shall sa no more.

But on the subject of men walking into the Ladies room, one reason (and one that I saw all the time at my old job) was that the guy didn't bother to check if it was the right one.

I view that letter the way I view the works of "Half Life:Full Life Consequences" author squirrelking, I hope it's just an epic troll and it's not serious.
metcarfre wrote:Fiend holding a Stampede while smoking a cigar just changed my life.

TACOS!
tamaness
First Video: LRReview: Desert Bus

Postby tamaness » 24 Feb 2010, 11:25

Return to “General Discussion”