Injury Stories

Drop by and talk about anything you want. This is where all cheese-related discussions should go
Mister Fiend
First Video: Three PS3's

Re: Injury Stories

Postby Mister Fiend » 11 Mar 2010, 14:12

Tree-Vor wrote:You asked for it.

So this guy I knew in junior high was skater and one day while doing some tricks he tried to grind or slide (I'm not a skater so I'm bad with the terminology) down the metal railing on some stairs. He apparently didn't do it quite right and split the board in half and fell on the railing. He didn't just hit his nuts on the railing though, he also managed to be impaled by the splinters from the board (threw his shorts) and rupture one of his testicles and had to have surgery. He now only has one testicle.

Change skateboard to rollerblades and you got my friend Abdul from high school.

Anyone else been hooked by someone while fishing?
metcarfre wrote:Fiend holding a Stampede while smoking a cigar just changed my life.

TACOS!
goat

Postby goat » 11 Mar 2010, 15:04

no, but I hooked myself once. Reel jammed and the hook whipped around and caught me in the arm. It was about 1mm short of having driven the barb in.
wartjr2373
First Video: Quantum Documentary

Postby wartjr2373 » 12 Mar 2010, 06:45

goat wrote:I'm gonna call offside on that one.

I was simply quoting the Internet.
Just call me Dylan. It's easier to pronounce.

watshisname08

Postby watshisname08 » 12 Mar 2010, 07:11

This one time I was in Jury Duty when...

Oh....

Ummm...this is kinda awkward, I'm gonna go now and learn about The rapists....yeah...
A new start-up blog about life & gaming: http://midcorelife.tumblr.com/
And I succumbed to having a twitter: http://twitter.com/watshisname08
luinie
First Video: Time is Money

Postby luinie » 12 Mar 2010, 09:21

I often cut and burn myself in some mysterious way, nothing big. The worst injury I've ever had was breaking my arm when I fell from a slide to the only stone of the playground when I was about 6.
The latest "big one" happened last summer. I hammered my hand when wrecking some old furniture but didn't notice it before I took off my working glove. I lost pretty much all of the skin between my left thumb and index finger. A lot of blood, but it didn't actually hurt.

My father on the other has cut all of his fingers pretty badly at least once. Couple of years ago he went to work while still in hangover - not so good thing when you work at a factory with circular saws and other equipment meant to cut various kinds of platic and metal. Long story short he cut two of his fingers with a saw. They were sewed back, but will never work as before. (This is propably one of the thousands of reasons that have made me a teetotaler..)
My father's coworker, on the other hand, lost his ring finger when climbing on shelves. The ladder fell down, he got caught from his finger. The guy reached the floor, the ring and the finger didn't.
... And this is why I want a nice office work.

Boring stories, I know, but thought I might as well share them with you guys.
MotorWaffle
First Video: Phailhaus #3

Postby MotorWaffle » 18 Mar 2010, 13:04

Stragest: Dunno if it really counts as an injury, but thanks to free refills at a restaurant I drank probably 12 glasses of coke, and I'm pretty sure I...er...excreted coke the next time I sat on the john.
It fizzed.
Worst, hands down, are the two times in my life that puss has built up behind my eardrums to the point that they literally burst, sending the painful warm goo out of said ear. They happened on Easter Sunday and Christmas Eve so there was really no medical help to be had outside the emergency room.
Vigafre
First Video: Halo: The Future of Gaming

Postby Vigafre » 18 Mar 2010, 13:24

Must have been a sign from God.
UnspeakablePat

Postby UnspeakablePat » 18 Mar 2010, 13:39

There was this one time back in high-school when i was standing in the parking lot with some friends after we had got back from lunch, and another friend of mine had pulled up in his jeep and stopped right in front of me, this is where the stupidity ensues:

He decided it would be funny to move forward a bit, and due to my stupid reaction instead of moving aside i instinctively hopped up on the bumper. it gets more stupid.

He decided it would be even funnier if he sped off while i was on the bumper/hood. he floored it up to probably 40km/h. Then he fucking slams on the brakes! which due to me having a lack of anything to hold on to sends me flying 10 ft backwards slamming my head and grinding my body across the asphalt.

Aside from the obvious bump on my head i had theee worst road rash all up my back and my 1 forearm.

There's nothing quite like picking embedded stones and dirt out of your skin.

Worst part about it, he said it was all my fault....
Bananafish

Postby Bananafish » 18 Mar 2010, 14:23

Not mine but my brother found a skateboard on the street when we were kids, so he took it down the driveway and the wheel fell into a small hole which caused him to fall over and break his leg. I thought he was just messing with me so I stood there laughing at him and when I saw he was serious I called our dad.
Hakaryu

Postby Hakaryu » 18 Mar 2010, 21:44

Strangest:scar on the back of my frenulumn, not to comfortble giving the story why though.

Worst:Got into a car crash when I was 5, Guy slammed into the car where I was sitting and broke my pelvis in three spots and me and my brother slammed heads together, he's now heavily handicapped and i've had some motor function problems and learning disabilities from it.
Last edited by Hakaryu on 19 Mar 2010, 05:07, edited 1 time in total.
Tonberry's poked the dutch again.
Mister Fiend
First Video: Three PS3's

Postby Mister Fiend » 19 Mar 2010, 01:07

back in the 80's I was learning to skate had just learned to ollie. I was getting pretty good and decided I'd try to ollie a fire hydrant and get on Skate TV. My crappy board snapped neatly in two as it hit the top of the hydrant, and I was subsequently treated to my first painful nutshot.

After getting drunk with some co-workers I was sitting on the lip of the pickup bed as we were driving home, when he took the exit too fast and I fell off. No one noticed. I woke up the next morning hungover, aching, and without a cell to call anybody with. I guess I blended in with the foliage pretty well because nobody saw me down there. I walked to the nearest bus stop and went home. Good thing I was drunk or I might have hurt myself beyond some scrapes and bruises. I can't ride in the back of a pickup anymore, though.

Also, scar on my penis. And that's all I'm saying about that.
metcarfre wrote:Fiend holding a Stampede while smoking a cigar just changed my life.

TACOS!
Master Gunner
Defending us from The Dutch!
First Video: How To Talk Like A Pirate

Postby Master Gunner » 19 Mar 2010, 08:12

Hakaryu wrote:Strangest:scar on the back of my frenulumn, not to comfortble giving the story why though.

Linguae, labii, or preputii? Or would you rather not specify? I'm not sure I'd be comfortable explaining how any of those got scared either.
TheRocket wrote:Apparently the crotch area could not contain the badonkadonk area.
Twitter | Click here to join the Desert Bus Community Chat.
Hakaryu

Postby Hakaryu » 19 Mar 2010, 08:17

Preputi
Master Gunner
Defending us from The Dutch!

Postby Master Gunner » 19 Mar 2010, 08:55

Ouch.
TheRocket wrote:Apparently the crotch area could not contain the badonkadonk area.
Twitter | Click here to join the Desert Bus Community Chat.
Hakaryu

Postby Hakaryu » 19 Mar 2010, 08:57

It's not to big of a scar, it's just a red line going horizontally, probably a few cm in length.
Dutch guy
First Video: History of Halo

Postby Dutch guy » 19 Mar 2010, 09:55

Still, OUCH!
THE DUTCH!! THE DUTCH AGAIN!!!!!
Elomin Sha wrote:Dutch guy is the King of the Dutch.
Hakaryu

Postby Hakaryu » 19 Mar 2010, 18:18

It didn't hurt that much when I got it.
tak197
Feito Com Fruta

Postby tak197 » 19 Mar 2010, 18:49

UnspeakablePat wrote:There was this one time back in high-school when i was standing in the parking lot with some friends after we had got back from lunch, and another friend of mine had pulled up in his jeep and stopped right in front of me, this is where the stupidity ensues:

He decided it would be funny to move forward a bit, and due to my stupid reaction instead of moving aside i instinctively hopped up on the bumper. it gets more stupid.

He decided it would be even funnier if he sped off while i was on the bumper/hood. he floored it up to probably 40km/h. Then he fucking slams on the brakes! which due to me having a lack of anything to hold on to sends me flying 10 ft backwards slamming my head and grinding my body across the asphalt.

Aside from the obvious bump on my head i had theee worst road rash all up my back and my 1 forearm.

Did it look anything like what your avatar looks like?

MotorWaffle wrote:Worst, hands down, are the two times in my life that puss has built up behind my eardrums to the point that they literally burst, sending the painful warm goo out of said ear. They happened on Easter Sunday and Christmas Eve so there was really no medical help to be had outside the emergency room.

So you had major Eustatian Tube dysfunction and they never thought of getting you tubes? Trust me, I've never had that happen before, but I've had to see footage of myringotomies before, and it looks a lot worse than it is.
UnspeakablePat

Postby UnspeakablePat » 19 Mar 2010, 18:59

tak197 wrote:
UnspeakablePat wrote:There was this one time back in high-school when i was standing in the parking lot with some friends after we had got back from lunch, and another friend of mine had pulled up in his jeep and stopped right in front of me, this is where the stupidity ensues:

Did it look anything like what your avatar looks like?

HA, no, fortunately it wasn't THAT bad
Tapir12
First Video: Kei Kon 2004

Postby Tapir12 » 20 Mar 2010, 16:26

Wow, mine are pretty bland compared to some of you.

One time I was playing basketball and guarding a HUGE guy and he ran into me and I got a mild concussion from my head hitting his chest.

Also, I was sitting cross-legged in class one time and my leg fell asleep. When the class ended I got up to leave and went over on my ankle so bad I had to get x-rays and crutches.

Another time I was playing outfield and there was a long fly ball. I was ready to catch it, but at the last moment lost it and it hit me really hard in the boob. It hurt so much I could barely throw the ball to the infield.
Things I like and maybe you will too:
AIESEC | Monster | Juuni Kokki | Vienna Teng | Guide To Canada
Dutch guy
First Video: History of Halo

Postby Dutch guy » 20 Mar 2010, 16:45

More accidents, I broke my left arm by running into someone when I was 7 (I think). We were playing ribbon-tag (Everybody who gets tagged holds hands to form a long "ribbon", only the people on the end can tag someone new) When the group took a sharp turn I basically got sling-shotted into an older kid. I tried buffering the blow with my arms. The Ulna snapped like a twig.

Later in middle school we were playing "rugby" when a guy got pushed over backwards at speed just as I was about to tackle him from behind. His elbow got launched straight into my nose. It bruised my nose badly, and most people there feared I had broken it completely. As I already have a rather narrow nasal passage (And thus can't really breathe all that well through my nose) those weeks of having my nose swollen to twice its normal size were NOT fun.
THE DUTCH!! THE DUTCH AGAIN!!!!!
Elomin Sha wrote:Dutch guy is the King of the Dutch.
tak197
Feito Com Fruta

Postby tak197 » 20 Mar 2010, 18:09

Dutch guy wrote:More accidents, I broke my left arm by running into someone when I was 7 (I think). We were playing ribbon-tag (Everybody who gets tagged holds hands to form a long "ribbon", only the people on the end can tag someone new) When the group took a sharp turn I basically got sling-shotted into an older kid. I tried buffering the blow with my arms. The Ulna snapped like a twig.

I'm not sure I want to know how rought contact Red Rover is for you all...

"Red Rover, Red Rover, Send plaster right over", AMIRITE?
Smeghead
Bear Hunter S
First Video: The Writers Room

Postby Smeghead » 21 Mar 2010, 01:51

I've been lucky to avoid being seriusly injured much in my life. I once fell of a snowsculpture (when I was 8) and broke my arm. I once got hit by a car at rather high speed and got pinned up against a tree but got away without as much as a bruise.
Cut myself with a knife by accident while in the army and had to genetly ask for permission to visit the doctor while the blood was gusing out of my thumb.
I managed to cut myself badly on a fork. A FORK! (I was puttiingthings into the dishwasher and managed to get the fork under a fingernail.

So I've been lucky. Unlike my brother, who got kicked in the head by a horse, got stung by a wasp on the tounge, stepped on a nail, got a life threatening disease from unwashed salad at a resturant, among other things. Don't worry though; he is fine now.
Merrymaker_Mortalis
First Video: ENN's First Episode on Escapist

Postby Merrymaker_Mortalis » 21 Mar 2010, 03:29

I was making a scuplture of a head out of tubes of paper for my college course and I was cutting a paticulary thick tube with some scissors. I was putting alot of force it and my finger happened to be too close when the blades managed to go through the paper.

Snipped right through the inside of knuckle of my index finger on my left hand and was in quite alot of agony. Worst thing was, I was at the beginning of my sculpture.

So I plastered up my finger and carried on in immense pain to finish my sculpture, bleeding on it as I went.

Next day, handed it in to College. At the end of the day my tutor called it crap and told me to make another...

I was fuming.
Tree-Vor
First Video: Loading Time - ENN Set Build

Postby Tree-Vor » 30 Mar 2010, 17:20

Well I just managed to cut my hand almost bad enough to nee stitches on my second day at my new job. I say almost bad enough because I don't think it's bad enough to need stitches, though others might tell me to have a doctor look at it. FYI, moving a glass table top is dangerous even if it doesn't have sharp edges and you don't break it.

Fuck it's hard to type when you can't use your right thumb and pointer finger.
I LIVE!

Return to “General Discussion”