The Sex Thread

Drop by and talk about anything you want. This is where all cheese-related discussions should go
Laurnil
First Video: Cannot remember

Re: The Sex Thread

Postby Laurnil » 16 Aug 2010, 13:34

I've ridden a motorcycle, I was 4! lol. Seriously, my dad did not really think about safety when we were kids. I started shooting a gun at 5. So, hell, I was super bad ass before I was 6 years old.
Laurnil

http://www.twitter.com/laurnil

FYI: Laurnil is short for Laura Nichelle
Lyinginbedmon
First Video: BioShocked

Postby Lyinginbedmon » 16 Aug 2010, 13:34

That's a pretty odd post to make after that little sequence, fish.
Morgan wrote:Lyinginbedmon is short, but he makes up for it in awesomeness
Bananafish

Postby Bananafish » 16 Aug 2010, 13:40

I just saw some motorcycle posts and I didn't read the rest of it I guess, so I was like "motorcycles rule" right away vOv

uh, corsets? I guess I don't really find a piece of clothing that's inherently patriarchal and represents female sexual repression and bondage v sexy. yeah, there's no societal strain for women to 'morph' their bodies into the idealized hour glass figure today(even that's pretty wrong but whatever) but it reminds me of the old chinese method of bondaging women's feet. Maybe women have done something else entirely w/ corsets but it just irks me It's just a personal thing I guess, it's not like you're a sexist if you like corsets or whatever that's just how I feel
Metcarfre
First Video: Not Applicable

Postby Metcarfre » 16 Aug 2010, 13:41

I think you're thinking too much.
Bananafish

Postby Bananafish » 16 Aug 2010, 13:43

it's just hard to get over cause it's kinda blatant imo
Metcarfre
First Video: Not Applicable

Postby Metcarfre » 16 Aug 2010, 13:46

Name something that isn't? Or can't be interpreted in a negative light?
Bananafish

Postby Bananafish » 16 Aug 2010, 13:48

you're right dude but I'm saying that the corset is a lot more blatant and it's far easier to link it to the victorian era and the patriarchy that was around then vOv
Bananafish

Postby Bananafish » 16 Aug 2010, 13:50

I don't wanna turn this into A Thing
WobblyTable
First Video: Inside D&D 4th Edition

Postby WobblyTable » 16 Aug 2010, 13:54

I totally get where fish is coming from. I have a hard time with different forms of power play, mostly cause it's just too similar to rape in my mind.

Of course, this doesn't account for how turned on I got by my ex in a chain mail corset. So... yeah....
Ask me about the Steve Flaig Experience.
Bananafish

Postby Bananafish » 16 Aug 2010, 13:58

Maybe you sexualized DND too much
Dutch guy
First Video: History of Halo

Postby Dutch guy » 16 Aug 2010, 14:08

Bananafish wrote:uh, corsets? I guess I don't really find a piece of clothing that's inherently patriarchal and represents female sexual repression and bondage v sexy.

And that´s where you´d be wrong. Corsets were never about oppression of women. They were most often designed by women, and like fashion today it was women who made the "norms" for ever tighter corsets. In all actuality there is not much evidence that suggest women would wear those tight corsets for anything but special occasion or for extended periods of time. A normal corset does NOT deform the body permanently (Especially the more modern models) Most historical evidence says that women would only wear anything as tight as seen in old photographs and drawings for those special occasions and they would not wear them for a whole day. Today's image of the corset was mostly shaped by the feminist movement who wanted an easy object to identify as "this is what men did to the woman", same with the bra. There are plenty of cases of women stating that they would rather wear a corset than a bra, as a corset provides much more support, especially for the larger breasted females.
THE DUTCH!! THE DUTCH AGAIN!!!!!
Elomin Sha wrote:Dutch guy is the King of the Dutch.
Bananafish

Postby Bananafish » 16 Aug 2010, 14:11

Fashion norms today are designated by women?
JustAName
First Video: Rapidfire I
Location: The Land of Unbearably Fashionable People and Lots of Cars

Postby JustAName » 16 Aug 2010, 14:14

On motorcycles: My mom and I are driving up to PAX on her motorcycle. Should be fun.

On corsets: I think they look nice, and for some of the time they don't hurt... It's when you've been wearing them for too long and they start to pinch that's bad.
Alja-Markir wrote:Andy is the LRR Heart-throb.
Morgan is the LRR Crotch-throb.

And all I can do is read a book to stay awake. And it rips my life away, but it's a great escape.

Master Gunner
Defending us from The Dutch!
First Video: How To Talk Like A Pirate

Postby Master Gunner » 16 Aug 2010, 14:20

Bananafish wrote:Fashion norms today are designated by women?

I believe so, yes. I recall reading somewhere (and thus might as well just be making it up) that magazines where a woman is in charge of photography and casting tend to have skinnier female models than when men are in charge of those things, as an example.
TheRocket wrote:Apparently the crotch area could not contain the badonkadonk area.
Twitter | Click here to join the Desert Bus Community Chat.
Bananafish

Postby Bananafish » 16 Aug 2010, 14:24

I'll take your word for it but even if it's true it seems pointless because women are just as likely to employ gender/social norms on other women if they've had to live with them and accepted them as natural or inescapable; it's not like women are inherently incapable of not being sexist towards women
Bananafish

Postby Bananafish » 16 Aug 2010, 14:27

I can't even remember what I posted 5 minutes ago, if you dudes wanna PM me then feel free; sorry for turning this into A Thing.
Master Gunner
Defending us from The Dutch!
First Video: How To Talk Like A Pirate

Postby Master Gunner » 16 Aug 2010, 14:32

Historical attitudes towards women, while perhaps a little high-brow compared to, say, motorboating one's own breasts, is still relevant to sex, and thus this thread.
TheRocket wrote:Apparently the crotch area could not contain the badonkadonk area.
Twitter | Click here to join the Desert Bus Community Chat.
Bananafish

Postby Bananafish » 16 Aug 2010, 14:41

w.e floats your goat

you're the posting prince I guess vOv
Laurnil
First Video: Cannot remember

Postby Laurnil » 16 Aug 2010, 14:55

Dutch guy wrote:
Bananafish wrote:uh, corsets? I guess I don't really find a piece of clothing that's inherently patriarchal and represents female sexual repression and bondage v sexy.

And that´s where you´d be wrong. Corsets were never about oppression of women. They were most often designed by women, and like fashion today it was women who made the "norms" for ever tighter corsets. In all actuality there is not much evidence that suggest women would wear those tight corsets for anything but special occasion or for extended periods of time. A normal corset does NOT deform the body permanently (Especially the more modern models) Most historical evidence says that women would only wear anything as tight as seen in old photographs and drawings for those special occasions and they would not wear them for a whole day. Today's image of the corset was mostly shaped by the feminist movement who wanted an easy object to identify as "this is what men did to the woman", same with the bra. There are plenty of cases of women stating that they would rather wear a corset than a bra, as a corset provides much more support, especially for the larger breasted females.

I'd totally wear a bra over a corset
Laurnil

http://www.twitter.com/laurnil

FYI: Laurnil is short for Laura Nichelle
The Jester
First Video: The Truce

Postby The Jester » 16 Aug 2010, 15:00

How comfortable is it to have someone hold your breasts for you, really? I know it's not really practical, and certainly not for any length of time, but I've been wondering. It looks like fun, but I wouldn't want to do it so much if I knew it was a bother. :/
Dutch guy
First Video: History of Halo

Postby Dutch guy » 16 Aug 2010, 15:35

Laurnil wrote:
Dutch guy wrote:Long quote

I'd totally wear a bra over a corset

And I can imagine in today's society. A corset would be too restricting and and cumbersome for normal day to day lives nowadays. Not to mention you need someone to get into one properly.

All I meant to say was that a corset in the olden days wasn't about oppression and domination of the female gender.

And yes, fashion is by and large a womans affair. I've never ever encountered a straight guy who cared about wearing the latest fashion. A guy normally just buys what he needs when he needs it (A lot do somewhat look at the latest fashion when they buy stuff, but I've never seen a guy buy new clothing because what they owned was "out of fashion". ) I've never heard a guy comment about a girl or another guy wearing something that was last years fashion.
THE DUTCH!! THE DUTCH AGAIN!!!!!
Elomin Sha wrote:Dutch guy is the King of the Dutch.
Bananafish

Postby Bananafish » 16 Aug 2010, 16:02

Currently the media ultimately decides what is fashionable and it has been and continues to be largely male dominated, the idea that women are fashion obsessed isn't some kind of internal or inherent feminine trait, it's one that's been reinforced in the media and society but discouraged in men because it's not seen as 'masculine.' Yet overconsumption and reliance on fashion are both shown as male homosexual traits because this demographic has been consistently portrayed as being overly-feminine. Your idea of women being more "fashion-inclined" is accurate but it's proving my point and it doesn't mean that women have more control over what is fashionable or not, people like Lady Gaga or other pop culture icons are corporate creations, they don't endorse a personal choice of fashion, they endorse what they're told to but it gives the illusion of a feminine created sense of fashion.
Alja-Markir
Trebuchet Enthusiast

Postby Alja-Markir » 16 Aug 2010, 16:18

Underwear serves a few chief purposes.

1) Hygiene: wearing something beneath your heavier outer garments prevents chaffing, absorbs sweat, and all around keeps your nethers a bit fresher. In the case of modern brassieres, there is also the factor of support, which provided health benefits in some cases.

2) Modesty: wearing something when you might otherwise wear nothing, but are going to be in the company of others who would, for societal reasons, find it awkward to see you naked.

3) Fashion: masking or decorating the body to change it's overall appearance to meet societal standards of greater appeal.

Corsets largely fall into the third category. They were designed to alter the lines and silhouette of the wearer to meet the fashionable standard of the day. They are entirely comparable to crinoline skirts. They may, depending on design, provide a modicum of support, but as has been noted they are not intended to be worn regularly, and thus this defeats the purpose.

Constrictive clothing on women is often seen as the product of patriarchal societal pressures. To suggest that corsets were not such a product, and were rather an expression of feminine fashion tastes, seems foolish. Compare corsets with foot binding, another form of "fashion" exclusively practiced by women and ostensibly performed as beautification.

~Alja~
WobblyTable
First Video: Inside D&D 4th Edition

Postby WobblyTable » 16 Aug 2010, 16:47

Laurnil wrote:I'd totally wear a bra over a corset

Am I the only one who read that literally? Like she'd wear a bra whilst wearing a corset?
Ask me about the Steve Flaig Experience.
JustAName
First Video: Rapidfire I
Location: The Land of Unbearably Fashionable People and Lots of Cars

Postby JustAName » 16 Aug 2010, 17:01

I saw that at first, but realized what she meant :P
Alja-Markir wrote:Andy is the LRR Heart-throb.
Morgan is the LRR Crotch-throb.

And all I can do is read a book to stay awake. And it rips my life away, but it's a great escape.

Return to “General Discussion”