The Sex Thread

Drop by and talk about anything you want. This is where all cheese-related discussions should go
Tally
First Video: 1337 rap

Re: The Sex Thread

Postby Tally » 16 Feb 2012, 11:43

Ok, funny story time again. I took AP Lit. & Comp. in grade 12, from an excellent teacher. He didn't shy away from the sex scenes or any other much-avoided issues - only teacher I've ever had who read a sex scene from one of our books out loud in class. It wasn't creepy, though, as it would have been from some teachers. He pointed out the beauty in it, the great imagery, etc. He was willing to discuss pretty much any topic we brought up, and he brought up some we never would have.

Anyway, we did a section on gender issues in literature, and one of our assignments was to bring in a song that dealt with or brought up gender issues in some way. We had to type out the lyrics and make a copy for everyone, then play the song, then we'd all discuss it. Someone did "A Hymn to Him" from My Fair Lady, there was a Christina Aguilera song, and I don't recall what else. I picked a goofy Everclear song called Unemployed Boyfriend http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i4VJScOWwkQ.

I typed out all the lyrics, we listened to it, we discussed it.

YEARS later, sometime in probably second or third year university, that song popped up in my iTunes shuffle list & I listened to it again. There had always been this one line in the chorus that I didn't really understand, and just ignored. It was:

"I will always make you come"

And I hadn't known what it meant. And now I heard the song again and did understand it, and realized that I had played this for my whole class and teacher, and discussed it afterwards, without having any idea what it said. I could only laugh, and assume that my pals were laughing quietly at me. I've always wanted to go back and tell Mr. Carrigan that I actually understand the whole song now, and see if he was as amused by the event as I was retrospectively.

So yeah, I was a pretty naively innocent teen. Not something I have any reason to regret, but it amuses me now, thinking back on some of these things
Avistew
First Video: Can't remember

Postby Avistew » 16 Feb 2012, 12:03

I had a Lit teacher once, when we were studying Tristan and Iseult, reading a passage out loud to us. She asked what the scene was about, and we answered in very... "boring" terms.
Then she told us "now, please dirty up your minds. I'll read the scene again."
And how my, did it take a different turn. It was Iseult talking about Tristan, who was disguise, and saying something, from memory, along the lines of "I felt the loaf and purse in his pants" and things like that. Very sexual stuff nobody heard the first time, but the second time as she was reading everybody kept laughing nervously (it was grade 11 or so and I was in an all-girl class. Not school, just class.)

A previous teacher, also Literature, we made fun of because she kept referring to "Almighty Sex" when studying texts. It was like her catchphrase or something. But she was right that all the texts she referred to had sexual undertones.
Check out my webcomic, The Meddlers! (Currently not updating)
JackSlack
First Video: ENN, but I forget which.

Postby JackSlack » 16 Feb 2012, 23:19

I'm reminded of the wonderful line in High Fidelity, about how he never once got taught about semen. Sperm, yes, but not semen, and there's a crucial difference there.
Duckay
First Video: Man Cooking

Postby Duckay » 16 Feb 2012, 23:48

This just reminds me of a conversation I overheard in a high school English class between the teacher and a student. "If you're trying to evoke film noir archetypes in this [creative writing piece], you're falling a bit short. Film noir was very sexy, maybe the woman he's interviewing is wearing a necklace and his eyes keep going - just give me some sex!"

Of course, that teacher was also the one who threw a spontaneous Rocky Horror party for the class. That was fun.
Digital Dolphin
First Video: Canada Man

Postby Digital Dolphin » 20 Feb 2012, 10:51

Not sex per-se, but does anyone mind if I throw a "woo-hoo" out, for cuddling in bed with a fun girl over the weekend? (also topless massage, and fun drinking games).
#TeamKroze
Lyinginbedmon
First Video: BioShocked

Postby Lyinginbedmon » 20 Feb 2012, 11:19

The cuddling is one of my favourite parts of any level of intimacy.
Morgan wrote:Lyinginbedmon is short, but he makes up for it in awesomeness
Avistew

Postby Avistew » 21 Feb 2012, 01:43

Sure, woohoo all you want :)
Digital Dolphin

Postby Digital Dolphin » 21 Feb 2012, 10:27

Can anyone make some suggestions on the best way to educate myself on bondage rope tying techniques?

I'm just looking to learn some simple knots to start with, nothing too elaborate or dangerous yet. I'm looking for ebooks, how-to videos, and stuff like that, ideally.

Thanks!!

(Edited for eboobs)
Last edited by Digital Dolphin on 21 Feb 2012, 12:53, edited 2 times in total.
#TeamKroze
Keab42

Postby Keab42 » 21 Feb 2012, 11:25

*snickers* eboobs *snickers*

I hear there are plenty of those on the internets...
Keab42: Keeb-forty-two Deal with it. @Keab42 | | +Keab42 | | Tumblr
Dutch guy
First Video: History of Halo

Postby Dutch guy » 21 Feb 2012, 11:38

I recently found: This site (WARNING probably NSFW Dûh :-P) It covers some of the basic ties with step by step pics.

Other than that, what do you want to know? Google can get you pretty far if you just search for "rope bondage" and "tutorial" or something.

Edit: also, this makes me curious. How many BDSM inclined people do we have on the forums. This thread is making it pretty clear just HOW diverse a group we are :mrgreen: .
THE DUTCH!! THE DUTCH AGAIN!!!!!
Elomin Sha wrote:Dutch guy is the King of the Dutch.
rustak
First Video: Man Cooking - Swiss Meat Roll

Postby rustak » 21 Feb 2012, 12:11

Digital Dolphin wrote:Can anyone make some suggestions on the best way to educate myself on bondage rope tying techniques?

I'm just looking to learn some simple knots to start with, nothing too elaborate or dangerous yet. I'm looking for eboobs, how-to videos, and stuff like that, ideally.

I actually just asked a friend that the other day as well.. he suggested http://twistedmonk.com/video.htm which was pretty good. Just asking google also led to a good number of basic videos.
Elomin Sha
First Video: Max Effect

Postby Elomin Sha » 21 Feb 2012, 12:48

Digital Dolphin wrote:Can anyone make some suggestions on the best way to educate myself on bondage rope tying techniques?

The most unique, nicest, and confusing individual you will get to know. Don't be stupid around me, that's my job.
https://displate.com/elominsha/galleries
If you need art, I take commissions, PM me.
Digital Dolphin

Postby Digital Dolphin » 21 Feb 2012, 12:56

Googling for information is easy, but getting information you know you can trust is not always that simple. I have a MUCH higher faith in the recommendations of this forum when it comes to sexuality than I do a quick search of popular results ;-)

Since this is something where safety can be an issue, it's doubly more important to me that I get good advice and suggestions.

Also, that is the SECOND time I've typed eboobs instead of ebooks... and also the far more public of the two >.>

Elomin Sha, I was hoping you'd chime in XD

I'm going to check all those links later, once I'm not at work ;-)
Thanks everyone!!
#TeamKroze
Geoff_B
First Video: Installation Anxiety

Postby Geoff_B » 21 Feb 2012, 13:04

Paging Dr Freud...
Twitter|Google+|Tumblr|Facebook|Steam|Skype: gmbridges

I survived spaMEGAdon and all I got was this lousy signature joke.

#TeamMonica, #TeamMaki, #TeamTavis
Duckay

Postby Duckay » 21 Feb 2012, 14:29

One piece of advice is to always use rope, or things designed to be knotted. Silk scarves may be sexy, but are harder to undo.
theDreamer
First Video: Quantum Documentary

Postby theDreamer » 21 Feb 2012, 14:37

That's half the fun.
I can put my hands in my head, and I can laugh it in the face.
Dutch guy

Postby Dutch guy » 21 Feb 2012, 14:40

Also, do you have a partner (victim, or otherwise) or are you "flying solo"?

Cause that last option requires A LOT of extra thought.
Duckay

Postby Duckay » 21 Feb 2012, 14:50

theDreamer wrote:That's half the fun.

It seems like fun in the moment, but half an hour after and with the application of blades to the tying device... Well, I seems like less fun.
LogicSword
First Video: Whiskey Tango Foxtrot

Postby LogicSword » 21 Feb 2012, 14:54

Digital Dolphin

Postby Digital Dolphin » 21 Feb 2012, 15:06

Dutch guy wrote:Also, do you have a partner (victim, or otherwise) or are you "flying solo"?

Cause that last option requires A LOT of extra thought.

I will be solo learning, and w/ partner applying said learning. I just want to cut my "trial and error" time as much as possible beforehand.

This person in particular feels it's much less fun if she can escape her binds, so I have to do a good job. There will also a photo set involved.

This won't be happening until May most likely, so I have plenty of time for research! Who knows, I may even find the time and a willing assistant to do some practice ahead of time.
#TeamKroze
Dutch guy

Postby Dutch guy » 21 Feb 2012, 15:25

The basic one and two-column ties will be the most important of the bunch. They are easy to tie and pretty much inescapable as long as the bottom can't reach the tie off points. You can practice tying those on just about anything round. Your own legs is a good one for a 2 column, although it will probably feel a little different when tying it on someone else. A one-column tie can be made on anything round. A chair or table leg seems obvious.
tamaness
First Video: LRReview: Desert Bus

Postby tamaness » 21 Feb 2012, 17:23

There are a couple of books by a pair calling themselves "two knotty boys" that are a pretty good resource. Amazon link. They also have a website and a couple hundred youtube videos.
Avistew

Postby Avistew » 21 Feb 2012, 20:53

For general advice, use thick rope (the thin one cuts into your flesh), and wrap around a few times. If you are tiying hands together, have a loose loop around both then tie the part that's between them (making it more like an 8) rather than tying them to one another directly.
Have your partner tell you if she stops being able to feel parts of her so that you can untie her then. If you don't trust her to tell you the truth, tell her to wiggle her fingers, etc, and be very aware if she starts doing it slowly instead of faster.
Obviously any change in colour is a clear sign too.
Never have something tying around the neck directly.
Have a safe word, and remember the safe word if for BOTH of you. If you start feeling uncomfortable about tying her up and so on, you can say the word and be done with it. You don't have to keep going just because she enjoys it if it's getting you to a bad place.
Be aware she'll be in the sub zone after it's over (unless she's topping from the bottom). You'll need to reassure her as she comes out of it, tell her she did a good job, etc. This is if there was a D/s element as well as bondage, so it might not apply to your situation, but better be aware in case it does happen than letting it surprise you.
tamaness
First Video: LRReview: Desert Bus

Postby tamaness » 21 Feb 2012, 21:51

Don't use gags until you are both experienced enough and have enough of a rapport to communicate nonverbally. blindfolds are fine, though.

don't tie around someone's neck until you're sure enough about the knots that you know they won't slide or shift and choke your subject.

keep a pair of emergency scissors (they've got a spade on the tip so they don't catch skin and cut skin) handy in case you need to remove ropes in a hurry.
Digital Dolphin

Postby Digital Dolphin » 22 Feb 2012, 10:01

rustak wrote:I actually just asked a friend that the other day as well.. he suggested http://twistedmonk.com/video.htm which was pretty good. Just asking google also led to a good number of basic videos.

I really like the kits you can buy on this site! I might pick one of them up :D

Thanks for the link!!
#TeamKroze

Return to “General Discussion”