Workout

Drop by and talk about anything you want. This is where all cheese-related discussions should go
capslock
First Video: Phailhaüs 26

Workout

Postby capslock » 22 Mar 2010, 12:00

I am sure i am not the only one who is working out in this forum. so i thought i would start a thread where we could share experience, and encourage each other to be all that we can be.

I am currently training for the Norwegian special forces, and i have 4 months to get into tip top shape. the requirements:

5 hang ups
35 situps
20 back-ups
30 pushups
5000m chross country - time: 26 minutter
7 km speedmarch with 22 kg backpack and veapon - time: 52 minutter (gear: uniform og marching boots)
beeing able to swim 200 meter
Last edited by capslock on 22 Mar 2010, 14:28, edited 2 times in total.
capslock

Re: working out:O

Postby capslock » 22 Mar 2010, 12:00

today i ran the 5000m in 32.32, so i have a long way to go...
Darkobra
First Video: ISC: Goat Penis

Postby Darkobra » 22 Mar 2010, 12:09

Sounds interesting. Curious though, what are back-ups?
Lyinginbedmon wrote:You are clearly some form of incorporeal undead.
Like a vampire.
But with knives.
Evil Jim
First Video: Shake Your Hands

Postby Evil Jim » 22 Mar 2010, 12:11

There was a thread like this a while ago but I can't remember enough keywords to dig it up in a search. We may as well switch to this one.

I have a gym membership. I need to use it more often.
Arius wrote:People were just so awestruck by your awesomeness that they became catatonic.
ThrashJazzAssassin wrote:BURN HIM! BURN THE HERETIC! DEATH TO ALL WHO SCORN THE AWESOMENESS OF EVIL JIM!
korri
First Video: I honestly can't remember...

Postby korri » 22 Mar 2010, 12:14

only thing I can do that list is swim 200m...
Hello world, remember me? I'm the sad little fuck that you failed to see, who you should have recognized When you had the chance. Hello motherfuckers now its time to dance

my photos! => http://korrinn.deviantart.com
Arius
First Video: Max Effect

Postby Arius » 22 Mar 2010, 12:17

Runners was the thread I think. But good luck finding it through that keyword on this forum.

I don't exercise, it's good for you and screw that. Instead, I eat a lot of fatty foods and sit on the couch playing video games all day. I'm 6'2 and 145lbs and have no medical issues. I'm the kind of person overweight people hate.
H̼̮̖͓̻ͮ̀ͬ̓e̟̦͉̾̔̀ͣ͆̄ ͚̤̈̉ͦ̎ͭ̚c̰̠͚̜̹ͪ̐̎̃ͅo̗͌͛ͥ͑m̍ͬͥ̚e͍̱̲̤͚̹͔͛s͚̱̤͚̲̭̗̃̎ͭ̚.̘̫̖̮̠͒̔.̝̹̟̳͚̂̆̋͌̐̚.̬͓̰̃̑
Machalllewis
First Video: Ways to Stay Awake

Postby Machalllewis » 22 Mar 2010, 12:26

No clue what a hang up or a back up is. Internet doesn't seem to either (or at least wikipedia) so I'm just gonna assume that you have to get up tight about 5 things as well storing media in 20 seperate places.

Sounds tough.
Nothing to see here.
Evil Jim

Postby Evil Jim » 22 Mar 2010, 12:26

Arius, I had a friend like that in high school. His metabolism must have been pretty revved up but I saw him again a few years after graduation & hardly recognized him, he was so heavy.

In short, enjoy it while you can but don't expect that lifestyle to work forever.
Arius wrote:People were just so awestruck by your awesomeness that they became catatonic.
ThrashJazzAssassin wrote:BURN HIM! BURN THE HERETIC! DEATH TO ALL WHO SCORN THE AWESOMENESS OF EVIL JIM!
MotorWaffle
First Video: Phailhaus #3

Postby MotorWaffle » 22 Mar 2010, 12:35

I run 4.8k (I think that's the equivilant of 3 miles) every other day. What I do after that depends on what kind of time I have and how many other people are in the gym.
capslock

Postby capslock » 22 Mar 2010, 13:06

Hang up is basicly pull ups. and back ups are kinda hard to explain:P think of them as upside down situps;)
goat

Postby goat » 22 Mar 2010, 13:43

Arius wrote:Runners was the thread I think. But good luck finding it through that keyword on this forum.

I don't exercise, it's good for you and screw that. Instead, I eat a lot of fatty foods and sit on the couch playing video games all day. I'm 6'2 and 145lbs and have no medical issues. I'm the kind of person overweight people hate.

This but 3 inches shorter and 10 pounds lighter. We seem to have abnormally tall people on this forum. 0.0
Anatidaephobia
First Video: Green

Postby Anatidaephobia » 22 Mar 2010, 14:18

Arius wrote:I don't exercise, it's good for you and screw that. Instead, I eat a lot of fatty foods and sit on the couch playing video games all day. I'm 6'2 and 145lbs and have no medical issues. I'm the kind of person overweight people hate.

I eat about 2000 calories a day, and briskly walk 4 miles, 5 times a week. I am 6' and 300lbs. Sometimes life ain't fair.
Anatidaephobia - a pervasive, irrational fear that one is being watched by a duck.
Darkobra
First Video: ISC: Goat Penis

Postby Darkobra » 22 Mar 2010, 14:20

I've been eating more trying to gain weight because I feel I'm a little too thin. It's not shifting my weight at all.
Lyinginbedmon wrote:You are clearly some form of incorporeal undead.
Like a vampire.
But with knives.
Theremin
First Video: A girl must have some secrets.

Postby Theremin » 22 Mar 2010, 14:37

Arius wrote:Runners was the thread I think. But good luck finding it through that keyword on this forum.

*fumes*
concupiscentcrustacean
First Video: black box

Re: Workout

Postby concupiscentcrustacean » 22 Mar 2010, 16:19

back ups are when you lay on your stomach, and lift your arms and head/upper back into the air. (I do these too)

also, my workout:

80 sit-ups
80 "back ups" (I like the term, I never had a name)
30 lunges (15 each side)
15 squats
2 min plank
1 min side plank (each side)
20 backwards push ups, then 60 fast
10 leg bridges

and whatever else I feel like working on
plus about 15 mins of cardio (whatever I feel like)
and 200 crunches each morning.

I'm a really restless person, so I have to do this or I go stir crazy.

I also bike everywhere, unless the weather is absolutely awful.
"I studied the ancient art of Origami gun making, and i've folded a pistol out of purest prose. This is an Origami 45. The most powerful poetry in the world."
Evil Jim

Postby Evil Jim » 22 Mar 2010, 16:20

Ah ha! I rode my motorcycle to the gym this afternoon. I got my exercise & a nice ride. Win-win!
octopimpostor
First Video: Halo

Postby octopimpostor » 22 Mar 2010, 16:21

i can do most of that because im a wrestler, except for the running and swimming (im afraid of water)
My total fail count: 6
Dubious_wolf wrote:
octopimpostor wrote:My total fail count: 7...8

[/quote]
Link to my desert bus video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pGrIfi2ORK8
my other video that will soon be a series is here. REAL VIDEOGAME CHARACTERS http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cj2T7wIymsk
korri
First Video: I honestly can't remember...

Postby korri » 22 Mar 2010, 17:59

Swimming is my preferred method of exercise. Mostly because I have spent a good deal of my life in water (I could swim a lap by the age of 3) and it really does work most of the muscles in your body and is extremely low impact (ie there's none) so its all a win!
Hello world, remember me? I'm the sad little fuck that you failed to see, who you should have recognized When you had the chance. Hello motherfuckers now its time to dance

my photos! => http://korrinn.deviantart.com
Bananafish

Postby Bananafish » 22 Mar 2010, 18:09

Been working on my chest & arms recently, doing about 10x3 25lb flies, 10x30 30lb DB Shoulder Presses, some curls. I do some cardio but tend to save running until the summer/spring. I gotta get back into the gym and start doing squats, I miss them

Personally I love this quote by Socrates that helps keep me motivated:

"No citizen has a right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training...what a disgrace it is for a man to grow old without ever seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable."

It really inspires a sense of awe at your own body when you see it change so much over just a few months.
Lord Chrusher
Can't Drink Possible Beers
First Video: Door to Door

Postby Lord Chrusher » 23 Mar 2010, 23:59

I should stop reading the forums and go for a run.
We are all made of star dust. However we are also made of nuclear waste.
Remember to think before you post.
Arius
First Video: Max Effect

Postby Arius » 24 Mar 2010, 00:01

Um.. You're in Australia.

The kind of fauna in Australia should pretty much have you running any time you go outside.
H̼̮̖͓̻ͮ̀ͬ̓e̟̦͉̾̔̀ͣ͆̄ ͚̤̈̉ͦ̎ͭ̚c̰̠͚̜̹ͪ̐̎̃ͅo̗͌͛ͥ͑m̍ͬͥ̚e͍̱̲̤͚̹͔͛s͚̱̤͚̲̭̗̃̎ͭ̚.̘̫̖̮̠͒̔.̝̹̟̳͚̂̆̋͌̐̚.̬͓̰̃̑
Kate!

Postby Kate! » 24 Mar 2010, 12:04

I started P90X last night.

It is the most intense workout ever.
I will keep you all posted with results.
DRog
First Video: Three PS3s

Postby DRog » 24 Mar 2010, 18:34

In reference to something a few posts ago about the other thread, I made one simply entitled RUN., but it was geared more towards just running.

I'm high 5' tall, and 120-130 pounds. I don't measure either much. My workouts consist entirely of running.

Running running running running running running.
gcninja

Postby gcninja » 24 Mar 2010, 18:41

Kate! wrote:I started P90X last night.

It is the most intense workout ever.
I will keep you all posted with results.

Ive seen that and i was going to do it, but i decided not to
i might if it works out well
EJ wrote:Lyinginbedmon, I'm looking forward to when Paul or Graham reset your & Elomin's post count back to zero. If you keep it up it's bound to happen =p

Noblesse Oblige
Buksvager!
TomBrend
First Video: long long ago...

Postby TomBrend » 24 Mar 2010, 18:59

Right now I'm doing three days a week of running and pushups (working on the hundredpushups.com thing) and three days a week of lifting (two days for lower back and legs, one day for arms and upper back). I think I might make the last day wii fit day, see if I can learn to balance or something.

Return to “General Discussion”