Workout

Drop by and talk about anything you want. This is where all cheese-related discussions should go
Arius
First Video: Max Effect

Re: Workout

Postby Arius » 09 Apr 2010, 23:29

So, inspired by Kate, I decided to try out P90X.

Day Zero: Checked out the ab workout. Was suicidal after ten minutes.

Day One: Chest and Back, abs. Pain, but I was fine.

Day Two: Plyometrics. Oh my God, the pain. Can't breathe. Can't walk.

Day Three: Shoulders and arms, and abs. Oh God. So much ache. My arms, please amputate them.

Day Four: Okay, yoga. That should be a good... My legs don't do that... No, seriously guy, my legs don't do that. Okay, my body hurts too much from all these workouts.

Day Five: Oh, screw this. I can't even straighten my arms at this point. Tomorrow.

Day Six: Legs and back, and abs. Huh. This was actually tolerable. Kenpo tomorrow.
H̼̮̖͓̻ͮ̀ͬ̓e̟̦͉̾̔̀ͣ͆̄ ͚̤̈̉ͦ̎ͭ̚c̰̠͚̜̹ͪ̐̎̃ͅo̗͌͛ͥ͑m̍ͬͥ̚e͍̱̲̤͚̹͔͛s͚̱̤͚̲̭̗̃̎ͭ̚.̘̫̖̮̠͒̔.̝̹̟̳͚̂̆̋͌̐̚.̬͓̰̃̑
TomBrend
First Video: long long ago...

Postby TomBrend » 10 Apr 2010, 13:18

How long per day does P90X take? Also has anyone here successfully done it?
Arius

Postby Arius » 10 Apr 2010, 15:12

About an hour to an hour and a half per day.

I have already gained more muscle than I have ever had in my life. And I've only been doing it a week.
H̼̮̖͓̻ͮ̀ͬ̓e̟̦͉̾̔̀ͣ͆̄ ͚̤̈̉ͦ̎ͭ̚c̰̠͚̜̹ͪ̐̎̃ͅo̗͌͛ͥ͑m̍ͬͥ̚e͍̱̲̤͚̹͔͛s͚̱̤͚̲̭̗̃̎ͭ̚.̘̫̖̮̠͒̔.̝̹̟̳͚̂̆̋͌̐̚.̬͓̰̃̑
Dubious_wolf
First Video: Mercenary Solutions 2

Postby Dubious_wolf » 10 Apr 2010, 20:15

Im intrigued by this P90K...
What is it? It's sounds effective and painful which usually = good when exercising.

Edit: ok so phunny story. I just saw an advertisement about the P90K work out DVDs on youtube while watching omni-lingual on youtube...
Just interesting tid bit.
^( " )^
winner!
Arius

Postby Arius » 10 Apr 2010, 20:44

P90X is a 90 day program.

You workout intensely for about an hour a day for six days a week. Each day focuses on a different area of fitness. Then as it goes on, the workout schedule changes to keep your body learning new things.

There is also a nutrition guide.

I've been working out for a week and have already defined my biceps pretty well. I haven't done any working out since 2004.

So, I'd recommend it.
Dubious_wolf

Postby Dubious_wolf » 10 Apr 2010, 20:48

That's what I read on the advertisement. It seems really effective. But It's bit pricey... I saw that it was about 120$ yeah way too much for me.
^( " )^
winner!
gcninja

Postby gcninja » 10 Apr 2010, 21:33

so the p90x is one disc each day? i got it with out the poster or anythign just the dvds and man the friggin chest and back were OMG it hurts! for a while i am OUT of shape..
EJ wrote:Lyinginbedmon, I'm looking forward to when Paul or Graham reset your & Elomin's post count back to zero. If you keep it up it's bound to happen =p

Noblesse Oblige
Buksvager!
Arius

Postby Arius » 10 Apr 2010, 22:20

It changes based on the week and such. Google the workout schedule. Also, if you got it without the nutrition guide, you're not gonna see results that easily.
Dubious_wolf

Postby Dubious_wolf » 10 Apr 2010, 22:23

So Arius are you doing the whole kit? nutrition & workout? What kind of things do they suggest in the guide?
Edit: also Arius completely unrelated but could you go check out the "Halo 3" thread in the Games and Gaming forum? It smells fishy, a mix of old egg farts and bots of some kind.... And I seem to remember that you are quite good at hunting these sorts of things down.
Last edited by Dubious_wolf on 10 Apr 2010, 22:32, edited 2 times in total.
^( " )^
winner!
Dubious_wolf

Postby Dubious_wolf » 10 Apr 2010, 22:23

Dammit.
Move along people. nothing to see here.
^( " )^
winner!
steelfox

Postby steelfox » 10 Apr 2010, 22:27

I thought I'd throw myself into the mix here...

I'm 6' and about 240. I'm not fat by any means but I've got some extra jiggle here and there. With the new quarter just starting I am planning on using the gym after class most days. Here's hoping I actually stick to it.
Matt wrote:AND IF SHE'S DEAD SHE CAN'T SAY NO.

-M
Dubious_wolf

Postby Dubious_wolf » 10 Apr 2010, 22:30

@ Steelfox.
Hint: make someone go with you, or have someone make you go. It is an amazing boost in motivation.
^( " )^
winner!
Arius

Postby Arius » 10 Apr 2010, 22:37

I'm doing the whole kit. Tomorrow I return to chest and back.

The nutrition guide has to be on hold until Friday, though. Need to go grocery shopping, because my normal diet consists of drive thru. So, got limited healthy food in my house, atm.
Dubious_wolf

Postby Dubious_wolf » 10 Apr 2010, 22:39

Im in a college dorm. I have almost forgotten what healthy food looks like. I know how you feels.
^( " )^
winner!
Evil Jim
First Video: Shake Your Hands

Postby Evil Jim » 10 Apr 2010, 22:44

I made it to the gym three times this week at about 30-40 minutes per workout. I'll be working on getting these times up to an hour like I used to & then switch in some resistance workouts & be back on track like I was when I was losing three pounds a week. It helps to be dating a girl who is also working out & has successfully been slimming.
Arius wrote:People were just so awestruck by your awesomeness that they became catatonic.
ThrashJazzAssassin wrote:BURN HIM! BURN THE HERETIC! DEATH TO ALL WHO SCORN THE AWESOMENESS OF EVIL JIM!
Lord Chrusher
Can't Drink Possible Beers
First Video: Door to Door

Postby Lord Chrusher » 11 Apr 2010, 05:58

I ran three times this week (a total of 23 kilometers) and played soccer for about an hour.
We are all made of star dust. However we are also made of nuclear waste.
Remember to think before you post.
Evil Jim

Postby Evil Jim » 11 Apr 2010, 09:19

It fascinates me to her how far other people run. I just do not have the patience for it. After about 20 minutes I have to stop & do something else.
Arius wrote:People were just so awestruck by your awesomeness that they became catatonic.
ThrashJazzAssassin wrote:BURN HIM! BURN THE HERETIC! DEATH TO ALL WHO SCORN THE AWESOMENESS OF EVIL JIM!
korri
First Video: I honestly can't remember...

Postby korri » 11 Apr 2010, 13:28

Evil Jim wrote:It fascinates me to her how far other people run. I just do not have the patience for it. After about 20 minutes I have to stop & do something else.

I'm exactly the same way. I can't do the same exercise for more then 20 min. No matter what the exercise is I just get bored. I also have to be reading a book or watching a tv or else I just stare at the time and it goes soooooo slllloowwwllly.
Hello world, remember me? I'm the sad little fuck that you failed to see, who you should have recognized When you had the chance. Hello motherfuckers now its time to dance

my photos! => http://korrinn.deviantart.com
Evil Jim

Postby Evil Jim » 11 Apr 2010, 13:45

I can do the elliptical for an hour straight & I'm fine on the treadmill but actually running from point A to point B just repels me. I don't quite understand it.
WBAGNR
First Video: Crime and Punishment

Postby WBAGNR » 11 Apr 2010, 14:19

If I may indulge myself?

I always think to myself, I'm going to really try hard this [insert time period here], and try to [insert body improvement here]. However, when it boils down to it, I never do. I keep it up for maybe a couple of days, then forget, or can't find the motivation.

And I am by no means fat. Quite the opposite in fact. I weighed myself today and came in 10.124 stone, at I stand at a rather average 6 foot and a smidge.

During the winter, I play field hockey, and play in midfield, which requires a lot of running because you have to help the defence, but support the attackers as well.

In summer, I play cricket, which does involve a lot of standing around, but also requires you to be able to sprint and have good reactions.

Throughout the year I also play Badminton for a local club. On average for 2 hours a week, I also coach occasionally, though this is hardly a physical strain.

Anyway, I digress. I feel that while I am very well within the weight I should be (BMI of 20.2, for all it's worth), I need to tone up a bit. Not become hench or anything, but flesh out a certain degree, and whilst the sport I play is good for keeping the pounds off, it isn't great for putting the muscle back on.

So, I guess I'm asking if there are any easy to do exercise that would just tone me up a bit, and make my arms and torso especially be slightly more well defined.

Cheers
iamafish wrote:copping a feel is just the gentlemanly thing to do

My travel blog
Metcarfre
First Video: Not Applicable

Postby Metcarfre » 11 Apr 2010, 16:32

Some simple push-ups, pull-ups, chin-ups, sit-ups and reverse pull-ups, as well as other isometric exercises, are easy ways to add some conditioning exersize. Plus, they're free and easy.

On the honeymoon in Seattle we ate a ton of food, but walked a lot, and I actually lost a bit of weight. We're continuing to walk together (at least we hope so) and when we're settled in Vancouver I'll be on the lookout for a good, cheap way to work out.
Master Gunner
Defending us from The Dutch!
First Video: How To Talk Like A Pirate

Postby Master Gunner » 11 Apr 2010, 18:09

My workout consists of walking up and down a hill several times a day. I'm really just lucky to have a metabolism that refuses to let me gain weight, no matter how much I eat.
TheRocket wrote:Apparently the crotch area could not contain the badonkadonk area.
Twitter | Click here to join the Desert Bus Community Chat.
TomBrend
First Video: long long ago...

Postby TomBrend » 11 Apr 2010, 18:22

I would do P90X if it wasn't super expensive... Anyone know of something similar but free?
tak197
Feito Com Fruta
First Video: How To Talk Like A Pirate

Postby tak197 » 11 Apr 2010, 18:48

I did see that there is a PDF for the pretest you take for P90X to see if you should even START with it or with the Power 90 (same people, easier program). Here's the link.
Arius

Postby Arius » 11 Apr 2010, 18:52

Gained 5 lbs (good thing) and doubled my bicep size in a week.

So, yeah.

Return to “General Discussion”