Whats in a Username?

Drop by and talk about anything you want. This is where all cheese-related discussions should go
rye_and_wheat
First Video: Desert Bus 3, then the archives

Re: Whats in a Username?

Postby rye_and_wheat » 23 Apr 2010, 17:54

My username here is an old joke from my AOL days when I used to post to the AOL MST3K boards and chat with the other fans every night (back in the days of pay-per-[time] AOL use). I still use my original handle from there and a local service, which I think was set up in 1994, but this one is a play on it. One of the other MST3K fans said it as a joke in chat one night and I've kept it in mind since then.
My husband's going to be Buckaroo Banzai when he grows up. I'll be Emma Peel. Together, we'll fight ignorance and crime!
James Ether
First Video: The Secret Of The Sauce

Postby James Ether » 23 Apr 2010, 18:06

My username(s) came about coincidently. The very first I used, I tried to come up with a username. I was listening to Ether Song by Turin Brakes at the time. I decided to use Ether Boy as a variation on this. Since then, I've used James Ether elsewhere as I like people to know my first name. But I still love the word Ether. It's awesome.
Ed.
First Video: Desert bus 3 (started at day 3)

Postby Ed. » 23 Apr 2010, 18:12

i go by the same name IRL and on the web always have site rules permiting
Spoilers for your life.
The main character dies at the end.
Dubious_wolf
First Video: Mercenary Solutions 2

Postby Dubious_wolf » 23 Apr 2010, 18:16

Well I am a shameless warhammer fanatic. And at one point I had a detailed roster of my space wolves great company. My Wolf Lord was named Elrick Whitefang. I used this for a while on xbox live, Which then was shortened to Whitefang. Then to just wolf, but it needed an adjective, and many of my friends make fun of me for being easily confused and such so dubious it was. Thus I am dubious_wolf.
Not that anyone really cares.
^( " )^
winner!
Sylval
First Video: fun with microwaves

Postby Sylval » 23 Apr 2010, 18:48

Dubious_wolf wrote:Well I am a shameless warhammer fanatic. And at one point I had a detailed roster of my space wolves great company. My Wolf Lord was named Elrick Whitefang. I used this for a while on xbox live, Which then was shortened to Whitefang. Then to just wolf, but it needed an adjective, and many of my friends make fun of me for being easily confused and such so dubious it was. Thus I am dubious_wolf.

How right you are.

I mean...

“So, what you’re saying is that you have a problem that is totally your problem, but you’d like to find a way to make that problem my problem. But here’s the problem, it’s not my problem.”
korri
First Video: I honestly can't remember...

Postby korri » 23 Apr 2010, 18:55

My name is Korrinn and my family and friends call me korry or kory or korri (pronounced like Corey) so I just go with that for basically all of my online naming needs because its usually not taken
Hello world, remember me? I'm the sad little fuck that you failed to see, who you should have recognized When you had the chance. Hello motherfuckers now its time to dance

my photos! => http://korrinn.deviantart.com
Dubious_wolf
First Video: Mercenary Solutions 2

Postby Dubious_wolf » 23 Apr 2010, 18:59

Sylval wrote:
Dubious_wolf wrote:Well I am a shameless warhammer fanatic. And at one point I had a detailed roster of my space wolves great company. My Wolf Lord was named Elrick Whitefang. I used this for a while on xbox live, Which then was shortened to Whitefang. Then to just wolf, but it needed an adjective, and many of my friends make fun of me for being easily confused and such so dubious it was. Thus I am dubious_wolf.

How right you are.

I mean...

Lol great picture hahaha.
^( " )^
winner!
Sylval
First Video: fun with microwaves

Postby Sylval » 23 Apr 2010, 19:02

Lol i know i couldn't resist.
“So, what you’re saying is that you have a problem that is totally your problem, but you’d like to find a way to make that problem my problem. But here’s the problem, it’s not my problem.”
Arius
First Video: Max Effect

Postby Arius » 23 Apr 2010, 19:17

This guy: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arius

"tall and lean, of distinguished appearance and polished address. Women doted on him, charmed by his beautiful manners, touched by his appearance of asceticism. Men were impressed by his aura of intellectual superiority."

Arius was slapped in the face by none other than Nicholas of Myra, who would later be canonized and became better known as "Santa Claus"

It was then Saturday, and...going out of the imperial palace, attended by a crowd of Eusebian [Eusebius of Nicomedia is meant here] partisans like guards, he [Arius] paraded proudly through the midst of the city, attracting the notice of all the people. As he approached the place called Constantine's Forum, where the column of porphyry is erected, a terror arising from the remorse of conscience seized Arius, and with the terror a violent relaxation of the bowels: he therefore enquired whether there was a convenient place near, and being directed to the back of Constantine's Forum, he hastened thither. Soon after a faintness came over him, and together with the evacuations his bowels protruded, followed by a copious hemorrhage, and the descent of the smaller intestines: moreover portions of his spleen and liver were brought off in the effusion of blood, so that he almost immediately died. The scene of this catastrophe still is shown at Constantinople, as I have said, behind the shambles in the colonnade: and by persons going by pointing the finger at the place, there is a perpetual remembrance preserved of this extraordinary kind of death.

He was charming, he got slapped in the face by the original Santa Claus, and he died on the toilet.

He's my hero.
H̼̮̖͓̻ͮ̀ͬ̓e̟̦͉̾̔̀ͣ͆̄ ͚̤̈̉ͦ̎ͭ̚c̰̠͚̜̹ͪ̐̎̃ͅo̗͌͛ͥ͑m̍ͬͥ̚e͍̱̲̤͚̹͔͛s͚̱̤͚̲̭̗̃̎ͭ̚.̘̫̖̮̠͒̔.̝̹̟̳͚̂̆̋͌̐̚.̬͓̰̃̑
Lord Chrusher
Can't Drink Possible Beers
First Video: Door to Door

Postby Lord Chrusher » 23 Apr 2010, 21:32

Chrusher is my nick name. It is a contraction of my first and last name (CHRis + USHER) and a reference to what a large clumsy oaf I am. I felt like being grand so I tacked a 'Lord' on front.
We are all made of star dust. However we are also made of nuclear waste.
Remember to think before you post.
Evil Jim
First Video: Shake Your Hands

Postby Evil Jim » 24 Apr 2010, 10:25

This is an interesting coincidence because another forumite recently interviewed me about my nickname. Now everyone can learn the deep, dark secrets of Evil Jim. I presume he's doing more but I'm not sure when he'll update next. Has anyone else been interviewed?
Arius wrote:People were just so awestruck by your awesomeness that they became catatonic.
ThrashJazzAssassin wrote:BURN HIM! BURN THE HERETIC! DEATH TO ALL WHO SCORN THE AWESOMENESS OF EVIL JIM!
Keab42

Postby Keab42 » 24 Apr 2010, 10:32

Evil Jim wrote:Now everyone can learn the deep, dark secrets of Evil Jim

I knew it!
Keab42: Keeb-forty-two Deal with it. @Keab42 | | +Keab42 | | Tumblr
Ayailla
First Video: Quantum Documentary

Postby Ayailla » 24 Apr 2010, 10:41

I'm sick of falling for that... haha.
*If I don't write to empty my mind, I go mad.* - Lord Byron
theDreamer
First Video: Quantum Documentary

Postby theDreamer » 24 Apr 2010, 12:01

DAMMIT!

I thought this time it might have been legit.

Because I wouldn't be surprised if Arius did that.

But no.
I can put my hands in my head, and I can laugh it in the face.
Thysane

Postby Thysane » 24 Apr 2010, 12:10

Back when I was an angsty, angry, hormonal teenager (still teenager, minus the angst) with an overdeveloped ego and an imagination which mainly drew on warhammer novels, I decided to make up a character. This character was gonna be all badass etc. and basically not really be a character at all, more just something cool. So I spent one night coming up with the name Thysane. It seemed okay, so I started using it as a handle when I started joining forums and such.

It wasn't until very recently that I found out that it's a kind of herbal tea. So now I prefer to think of it as such. A lot less stuck-up that way.

EDIT: you really are evil, Jim
Keab42

Postby Keab42 » 24 Apr 2010, 12:18

On a slightly unrelated note, it would be interesting if somebody started up the community profiles again.
Machalllewis
First Video: Ways to Stay Awake

Postby Machalllewis » 24 Apr 2010, 12:39

theDreamer wrote:DAMMIT!

I thought this time it might have been legit.

Because I wouldn't be surprised if Arius did that.

But no.

Its every single link that Jim posts man. Its every goddamn one. Never expect him to post something that isn't fear of Matt.

What are the community profiles?
Nothing to see here.
Keab42

Postby Keab42 » 24 Apr 2010, 12:44

AFAIK they were something Tim did back in the day. He interviewed prominent members of the forums at the time. There's vague references to them on the wiki (http://wiki.loadingreadyrun.com/index.p ... ty_Profile). I've never heard one but I think they sound like a nice idea. A really good way to get to know the "big dogs" around these parts.
Machalllewis

Postby Machalllewis » 24 Apr 2010, 12:47

Keab42 wrote:AFAIK they were something Tim did back in the day. He interviewed prominent members of the forums at the time. There's vague references to them on the wiki (http://wiki.loadingreadyrun.com/index.p ... ty_Profile). I've never heard one but I think they sound like a nice idea. A really good way to get to know the "big dogs" around these parts.

Interview them how? Do they still exist anywhere? I'm guessing its like a text thing.
Nothing to see here.
Keab42

Postby Keab42 » 24 Apr 2010, 12:49

The wiki says they were audio files. I imagine somebody like Lying or Elomin knows where to find them. I'd ask Tim, but according to twitter he's out of town for the weekend.
Evil Jim
First Video: Shake Your Hands

Postby Evil Jim » 24 Apr 2010, 12:55

The Community Profiles are archived here with the regular podcasts.
Arius wrote:People were just so awestruck by your awesomeness that they became catatonic.
ThrashJazzAssassin wrote:BURN HIM! BURN THE HERETIC! DEATH TO ALL WHO SCORN THE AWESOMENESS OF EVIL JIM!
Vigafre
First Video: Halo: The Future of Gaming

Postby Vigafre » 24 Apr 2010, 12:57

There's a few in the LRRcast section.
Machalllewis

Postby Machalllewis » 24 Apr 2010, 13:03

Fascinating stuff man. I may actually look into this. Just a case of recording software and skype right?

Edit: Or would that lose so much awesome cos of lack of Tim?
Nothing to see here.
Vigafre
First Video: Halo: The Future of Gaming

Postby Vigafre » 24 Apr 2010, 13:08

First question, I think that's what I heard Tim used.

Second question, possibly/probably.
Machalllewis

Postby Machalllewis » 24 Apr 2010, 13:09

Yeah, like no respect if I was to do it. Lack of crew would drag the whole thing down. Maybe I won't be doing it then...
Nothing to see here.

Return to “General Discussion”