The pretty lady thread

Drop by and talk about anything you want. This is where all cheese-related discussions should go
Master Gunner
Defending us from The Dutch!
First Video: How To Talk Like A Pirate

Re: The pretty lady thread

Postby Master Gunner » 18 May 2010, 12:56

Because (at least within this community) it can be rather awkward/creepy to sexualize a woman you actually know. Even though we're not explicitly doing that (in all cases, at least), it would still seem a bit awkward. To sexualize an acquaintance of your own gender, however, is deemed funny. I could go into why, but I think there are better threads for that.

Rest assured though, that while we may differ on specific tastes, I don't think there's anyone here that doesn't consider each and every member of the LRR crew to be a very attractive person.
TheRocket wrote:Apparently the crotch area could not contain the badonkadonk area.
Twitter | Click here to join the Desert Bus Community Chat.
Bananafish

Postby Bananafish » 18 May 2010, 13:00

Graham looks like an excellent cuddler
Vanguard
First Video: Unskippable: Lost Planet

Postby Vanguard » 18 May 2010, 13:18

Master Gunner wrote:Because (at least within this community) it can be rather awkward/creepy to sexualize a woman you actually know. Even though we're not explicitly doing that (in all cases, at least), it would still seem a bit awkward. To sexualize an acquaintance of your own gender, however, is deemed funny. I could go into why, but I think there are better threads for that.

At the very least I'll contest that point by observing that both Matt and Brad were posted in the other thread by female members of the community, so technically the "sexualize an acquaintance of the opposite gender" thing has already happened.
ImageImageImageImage
Dutch guy
First Video: History of Halo

Postby Dutch guy » 18 May 2010, 13:51

Vanguard wrote:
Master Gunner wrote:Because (at least within this community) it can be rather awkward/creepy to sexualize a woman you actually know. Even though we're not explicitly doing that (in all cases, at least), it would still seem a bit awkward. To sexualize an acquaintance of your own gender, however, is deemed funny. I could go into why, but I think there are better threads for that.

At the very least I'll contest that point by observing that both Matt and Brad were posted in the other thread by female members of the community, so technically the "sexualize an acquaintance of the opposite gender" thing has already happened.

Somehow it seems to be easier for women to "sexualize" a man than the other way around. Atleast in my experience women tend to do this more of faster then men would.
THE DUTCH!! THE DUTCH AGAIN!!!!!
Elomin Sha wrote:Dutch guy is the King of the Dutch.
Arius
First Video: Max Effect

Postby Arius » 18 May 2010, 13:54

Pretty Ladies:

Happy?
I was trying to avoid doing that.
H̼̮̖͓̻ͮ̀ͬ̓e̟̦͉̾̔̀ͣ͆̄ ͚̤̈̉ͦ̎ͭ̚c̰̠͚̜̹ͪ̐̎̃ͅo̗͌͛ͥ͑m̍ͬͥ̚e͍̱̲̤͚̹͔͛s͚̱̤͚̲̭̗̃̎ͭ̚.̘̫̖̮̠͒̔.̝̹̟̳͚̂̆̋͌̐̚.̬͓̰̃̑
Smidge

Postby Smidge » 18 May 2010, 14:11

I kinda think Anna Torv from Fringe is cute. Beyond that my pref in women is classified!!!

madrak_the_red
First Video: Meatshroom

Postby madrak_the_red » 18 May 2010, 14:24

Going back to the women in uniform...
Nothing wrong with them, why all the hate for the military? A girl who can defend herself is actually rather attractive. Independent women, perhaps you could say. That may or may not have something to do with the fact that I create female characters in video games the whole time....
The attractiveness is also raised if balletic combat or multiple firearms are involved...
Keelah Se'lai
davefp

Postby davefp » 18 May 2010, 14:40

madrak_the_red wrote:Going back to the women in uniform...
Nothing wrong with them, why all the hate for the military? A girl who can defend herself is actually rather attractive. Independent women, perhaps you could say. That may or may not have something to do with the fact that I create female characters in video games the whole time....
The attractiveness is also raised if balletic combat or multiple firearms are involved...

Perhaps I'm biased/ignorant, but I wouldn't associate military service with independence. As I see it, when you join the military you lose a lot of your independence.

Anyway: Pretty ladies. I know we've already had Natalie Portman, but I prefer her with short hair.
TomBrend
First Video: long long ago...

Postby TomBrend » 18 May 2010, 14:54

Friend wrote:Image
I love a woman who can defend herself.

I love a woman with good trigger control.
Vigafre
First Video: Halo: The Future of Gaming

Postby Vigafre » 18 May 2010, 15:26

I hope the safety's on, otherwise she might make it fire accidentally.
Arius

Postby Arius » 18 May 2010, 15:30

EUPHEMISMS!

---

Anyone else notice she's cosplaying RE3's Jill Valentine?
H̼̮̖͓̻ͮ̀ͬ̓e̟̦͉̾̔̀ͣ͆̄ ͚̤̈̉ͦ̎ͭ̚c̰̠͚̜̹ͪ̐̎̃ͅo̗͌͛ͥ͑m̍ͬͥ̚e͍̱̲̤͚̹͔͛s͚̱̤͚̲̭̗̃̎ͭ̚.̘̫̖̮̠͒̔.̝̹̟̳͚̂̆̋͌̐̚.̬͓̰̃̑
I X
First Video: Crime And Punishment. I think.

Postby I X » 18 May 2010, 15:35

davefp wrote:Anyway: Pretty ladies. I know we've already had Natalie Portman, but I prefer her with short hair.

Is it weird that I immediately thought of Mimm when I saw this? :O I think I have been spending too much time on the forum.
Often outnumbered, never outpunned.

Note: in Ireland 'ye' is used as the plural of 'you'. It rather neatly avoids confusion online.

"Your accent is...ubiquitous."
-Graham Stark
Alja-Markir
Trebuchet Enthusiast

Postby Alja-Markir » 18 May 2010, 16:22

Regarding the militant women thing:

I have nothing against uniforms. They have their function in many situations, and can often look rather nice. Likewise, I have nothing but a deep appreciation for independent and confident women.

What I have is a derision of militaries, which are organizations devoted to death.

You can say that militaries are a necessity for defending against other militaries, but that isn't the issue. No matter how necessary an evil it, is it still an evil. To celebrate an evil, even a necessary one, causes me to recoil in disgust and anger.

And well it should. Every celebration of militancy in humankind has reinforced violence. How many have died needlessly because of militant zeal? There may be a fine line between indirectly supporting slaughter and actually committing it, but the two are inextricably bound.

So unless one finds the thought of a woman plunging a bayonet into some poor bastard's viscera to be arousing, I can't understand how anyone could find that same woman in fatigues or dress blues arousing either.

But that's my own cynical view, to be fair...

~Alja~
Friend
First Video: High Noon

Postby Friend » 18 May 2010, 17:01

Wow. Why don't you go hug a tree or something?
Alja-Markir
Trebuchet Enthusiast

Postby Alja-Markir » 18 May 2010, 17:17

If it'd stop war, I'd go so far as to hug you as well.

~Alja~
TomBrend

Postby TomBrend » 18 May 2010, 17:25

Arius wrote:EUPHEMISMS!

---

I was not using a euphemism... she's got her finger on the trigger, she should have her finger straight and resting on the side of the gun above the trigger.
Arius

Postby Arius » 18 May 2010, 17:27

TomBrend wrote:

---

I was not using a euphemism... she's got her finger on the trigger, she should have her finger straight and resting on the side of the gun above the trigger.

I rest my case.
TomBrend

Postby TomBrend » 18 May 2010, 17:51

Arius wrote:
TomBrend wrote:

---

I rest my case.

I'd let her finger my trigger any day.

Now THAT was a euphemism... a very thin one at that.
epocalypse
First Video: omnilingual (not including unskippable)
Location: the county of los angeles, the city of los angeles, whichever state los angeles is in.

Postby epocalypse » 18 May 2010, 17:57

You know, even I am starting to feel a bit objectified by this thread, and I've only got one x chromosome. The very content of conversations on what is simply aesthetically pleasing doesn't age well for me.

That said, I too prefer Nat Portman with short hair.
Time flies when I launch grandfather clocks from my trebuchet.
Arius wrote:Epocalypse? More like Epicalypse, amirite? -Arius
and now, here's a link to new animated film, broken_test_zero's blog, and here'sa link to our facebook page.
my personal site
Jillers
First Video: How to Talk LIke a Pirate

Postby Jillers » 18 May 2010, 17:59

Dutch guy wrote:
Vanguard wrote:

Somehow it seems to be easier for women to "sexualize" a man than the other way around. Atleast in my experience women tend to do this more of faster then men would.

I don't think either gender is better at it... maybe you suck at it, but men and women both sexualize the opposite sex pretty damn well.
Team Cybershark

[subliminal] visit Geeking Out About [/subliminal]

~End Transmission~
Bananafish

Postby Bananafish » 18 May 2010, 18:01

Jillers wrote:I don't think either gender is better at it... maybe you suck at it, but men and women both sexualize the opposite sex pretty damn well.

Both are objectified but women are far more so than men.
I X
First Video: Crime And Punishment. I think.

Postby I X » 18 May 2010, 18:02

Alja-Markir wrote:If it'd stop war, I'd go so far as to hug you as well.

~Alja~

Often outnumbered, never outpunned.

Note: in Ireland 'ye' is used as the plural of 'you'. It rather neatly avoids confusion online.

"Your accent is...ubiquitous."
-Graham Stark
Bananafish

Postby Bananafish » 18 May 2010, 18:05

Threatening to hug someone isn't really a burn
sdhonda
First Video: Fun With Microwaves

Postby sdhonda » 18 May 2010, 18:07

Bananafish wrote:Threatening to hug someone isn't really a burn

****ing hell it is!
Friend
First Video: High Noon

Postby Friend » 18 May 2010, 18:32

For reals. Worst case scenario, he gets his bleeding heart on my shirt, thus ruining it.

Return to “General Discussion”