Something Exciting happened to me!

Drop by and talk about anything you want. This is where all cheese-related discussions should go
Niko88

Something Exciting happened to me!

Postby Niko88 » 27 Jun 2010, 22:49

So this is something really cool that I now get to do: I am working on a new video game that is due out sometime. And thanks to a piece of paper I signed that is all I can really say about it.

I just wanted to share with a bunch of people who would appreciate it.
Why do I love the blinking street lights so much?
NecroVale
Card-Carrying Cool Person
First Video: Door to Door

Re: Something Exciting happened to me!

Postby NecroVale » 27 Jun 2010, 23:29

What was the piece of paper's policy on charades?

It sounds really awesome though. Though if the game comes out, and I buy it, and it sucks, does that mean I have to go after you?! :wink:
Allen! wrote:I know, it confused and aroused me.
Also made me hate him more.

epocalypse
First Video: omnilingual (not including unskippable)
Location: the county of los angeles, the city of los angeles, whichever state los angeles is in.

Postby epocalypse » 27 Jun 2010, 23:59

Yay! Vidjagame Job! You win a Puppy!

... in my mind.
Time flies when I launch grandfather clocks from my trebuchet.
Arius wrote:Epocalypse? More like Epicalypse, amirite? -Arius
and now, here's a link to new animated film, broken_test_zero's blog, and here'sa link to our facebook page.
my personal site
Elaro
First Video: Three PS3s

Postby Elaro » 28 Jun 2010, 01:43

I believe this entitles you to one Internet Cookie. But I'm not sure. Boy, it sure would be nice to have a reference for these kinds of things. Moving on...

Congratulations on working on entertainment software. Can you tell us who you're working for?
Elomin Sha
First Video: Max Effect

Postby Elomin Sha » 28 Jun 2010, 01:46

He probably can, but usually a non-disclosure agreement has to be signed to not reveal what they're working on until released. I had to sign one of those when I started at ChaosTrend. Also, yahoo another person on the forum in the games industry. That's two from my last count, keep it up.
The most unique, nicest, and confusing individual you will get to know. Don't be stupid around me, that's my job.
https://displate.com/elominsha/galleries
If you need art, I take commissions, PM me.
Lord Chrusher
Can't Drink Possible Beers
First Video: Door to Door

Postby Lord Chrusher » 28 Jun 2010, 02:11

The nice thing about being in a non competitive field of science is that I can talk about what I do. However it is harder to explain to people what I do.
We are all made of star dust. However we are also made of nuclear waste.
Remember to think before you post.
Vohn_exel
First Video: commodoreHUSTLE 04 - Fixer

Postby Vohn_exel » 28 Jun 2010, 02:22

Interestingly enough UPS is very tight lipped on it's methods for moving boxes, but they don't make us sign anything to keep us from talking about it. I think the fact that no one wants to hear about how you move boxes is a firewall that no one really cares to crash.

That being said, could you tell us whether or not this thing is an indie game, or something that I might actually play? Or is it going to be some web game that you can find on google if you already know what you're searching for?
The Square Root of Nine is Three!
Master Gunner
Defending us from The Dutch!
First Video: How To Talk Like A Pirate

Postby Master Gunner » 28 Jun 2010, 04:41

Vohn_exel wrote:Interestingly enough UPS is very tight lipped on it's methods for moving boxes, but they don't make us sign anything to keep us from talking about it. I think the fact that no one wants to hear about how you move boxes is a firewall that no one really cares to crash.

Seeing as how I work for a transport company (Day & Ross), I would be most interested in hearing about how UPS moves boxes. Professional curiosity, y'know?
TheRocket wrote:Apparently the crotch area could not contain the badonkadonk area.
Twitter | Click here to join the Desert Bus Community Chat.
korri
First Video: I honestly can't remember...

Postby korri » 28 Jun 2010, 05:14

Lord Chrusher wrote:The nice thing about being in a non competitive field of science is that I can talk about what I do. However it is harder to explain to people what I do.

Same here... when I get the question, so what research are you doing? from non-science people (like my mom), its really hard to explain...
Hello world, remember me? I'm the sad little fuck that you failed to see, who you should have recognized When you had the chance. Hello motherfuckers now its time to dance

my photos! => http://korrinn.deviantart.com
Vohn_exel

Postby Vohn_exel » 28 Jun 2010, 06:37

Master Gunner wrote:
Vohn_exel wrote:Interestingly enough UPS is very tight lipped on it's methods for moving boxes, but they don't make us sign anything to keep us from talking about it. I think the fact that no one wants to hear about how you move boxes is a firewall that no one really cares to crash.

Seeing as how I work for a transport company (Day & Ross), I would be most interested in hearing about how UPS moves boxes. Professional curiosity, y'know?

It's really nothing amazing, just color coordination and lots and lots of conveyor belts. The Hub I work at is a little outdated, actually. Machines perform my job in lots of places, but this thing was built in the 80's. However, I get a dollar more then the unloaders for doing that job, so it's good for me, hehe :D.
empath
First Video: How to Talk Like a Pirate

Postby empath » 28 Jun 2010, 07:00

Yay for Niko!

And I, for one, don't feel any need to get any details or specifics outta you for fear that you may not keep that job. If the NDA permits it, and you WANT to tell us, more power to ya! :mrgreen:
Niko88

Postby Niko88 » 28 Jun 2010, 08:39

It is actually the second job where I have had to sign a nondisclosure agreement. I worked as a Janitor for the Green Bay Packers for a while and... I DIDN'T SEE ANYTHING... you know, except a bunch of really cool stuff and unique insite into a pro level sports team
Why do I love the blinking street lights so much?
Vohn_exel

Postby Vohn_exel » 29 Jun 2010, 05:50

Thats interesting. I think lots of jobs would be cooler if you had to sign to say you wouldn't say anything.
Master Gunner
Defending us from The Dutch!
First Video: How To Talk Like A Pirate

Postby Master Gunner » 29 Jun 2010, 05:58

When I worked at a call center I had to sign a form saying that I couldn't say anything relating to the internal practices of the company I contracted for, or anything damaging about them, for a period of two years after I left. It did not make it any "cooler" or more interesting.
TheRocket wrote:Apparently the crotch area could not contain the badonkadonk area.
Twitter | Click here to join the Desert Bus Community Chat.
luinie
First Video: Time is Money

Postby luinie » 30 Jun 2010, 00:18

Master Gunner wrote:When I worked at a call center I had to sign a form saying that I couldn't say anything relating to the internal practices of the company I contracted for, or anything damaging about them, for a period of two years after I left. It did not make it any "cooler" or more interesting.

This. Also my contract says I can't work for other telemarketing companies for several months (too tired to dig up the paper and check for how long). As if I'd want to after quitting there..
Vohn_exel

Postby Vohn_exel » 30 Jun 2010, 04:02

Well ok...so those two, not so much. Perhaps its in the context of why you can't say anything that'd make the job interesting if you couldn't say anything.

Return to “General Discussion”