The Dream Thread

Drop by and talk about anything you want. This is where all cheese-related discussions should go
Jamfalcon
First Video: Killer Instinct

Re: The Dream Thread

Postby Jamfalcon » 29 Jan 2012, 09:41

I just remembered a weird recurring dream I have. Much like the ones I've mentioned in the past, it's oddly plausible, yet still weird. In this case, I keep dreaming that shortly before getting Super Smash Bros. Brawl, I unlocked three secret characters in Melee but now nobody ever wants to play that one so I have no idea how to use them.

I don't even recall what the characters were. I'm pretty sure one was some sort of eight bit soldier, but I have no clue about the other two.
"Jamfalcon's a super weird name" - Graham

I wrote a book!
Fezzul
First Video: Toothy Smile

Postby Fezzul » 30 Jan 2012, 18:33

I dreamt last week that a great friend of mine died whilst pregnant, and asked me to carry the baby till its full term. So I did. Then gave it up for adoption and called it Florence.

That was a weird one.
-----------------------------------------
And that's the news. Skeptics remain skeptical.
Phailhammer
First Video: Fun With Microwaves (I think)

Postby Phailhammer » 30 Jan 2012, 21:12

I'll say. What kind of a name is Florence? :P
Preacher wrote:Do you have one of those for every occasion, Phailhammer?
Geoff_B wrote:And lo, the plot to end the world was undone by a bandwidth exceeded notice.
FictionPress stories:
The Vitaris Insurrection, The Outbreak (The latter not written by me, but I am in it.)
Duckay
First Video: Man Cooking

Postby Duckay » 31 Jan 2012, 19:35

I dreamed last night that I was filming a commercial for a type of muffin with JackSlack, when suddenly a snake appeared on the couch and we had to shoo it away before it pooped everywhere.

Oh, dreams.
Geoff_B
First Video: Installation Anxiety

Postby Geoff_B » 01 Feb 2012, 00:18

Was it an awesome muffin?
Twitter|Google+|Tumblr|Facebook|Steam|Skype: gmbridges

I survived spaMEGAdon and all I got was this lousy signature joke.

#TeamMonica, #TeamMaki, #TeamTavis
Duckay

Postby Duckay » 01 Feb 2012, 00:20

It was a bran muffin of some sort. I distinctly remember thinking that I'd never tasted one before and so didn't know if I could advertise them.
theDreamer
First Video: Quantum Documentary

Postby theDreamer » 08 Feb 2012, 04:35

I had the most disturbing dream ever last night.

The part that really sticks with me was the bit where aubergine got a sword that could cut through flesh and bone like it wasn't even there, and a shield that made the wearer invincible.

We then went to a room, like a gymnasium or something, where she proceeded to kill a bunch of comic book villainesque serial killers, while I was her like...squire.

Only she did it slowly, one at a time, and participated in contests with them, and like, played with them. And then one of the serial killers was all "she reminds me of me when I was young" to me, and I just stared in horror.
I can put my hands in my head, and I can laugh it in the face.
auberginequeen
First Video: Rejected 'Get A Mac' Ads

Postby auberginequeen » 08 Feb 2012, 08:27

Does that make me a killer ... QUEEEEEEEN?

Guaranteed to blow your mind - anytime.

<_____<

No, but in all seriousness, you've unconsciously picked up on something very real and very terrifying about me. This isn't exactly easy to admit, but I think it's time you all knew...

You see, I... I am a ... cereal killer.

I can't stop! It's just so delicious! I just love the crunchy cornflake carnage! So what if they think I'm insane, if shovelling helpless rice krispies into my mouth and crushing the life out of them is wrong then I DON'T WANT TO BE RIGHT!

OM NOM NOM. *crunch crunch crunch shovel shovel crunch crunch mmm delicious*
Geoff_B

Postby Geoff_B » 08 Feb 2012, 08:42

I'll...be going... now *backs away slowly*

auberginequeen

Postby auberginequeen » 08 Feb 2012, 09:15

... Why, are you made of cereal?

*eyes hungrily*
Geoff_B

Postby Geoff_B » 08 Feb 2012, 09:30

No no of course not... (brushes away a stray cornflake)

Timelady
First Video: Deeply Religious

Postby Timelady » 08 Feb 2012, 11:44

Last night I dreamt I was watching some weird spin-off of the Brady Bunch where they had replaced the middle Brady boy with Ariel Bender.

It was...surprisingly entertaining.
AmazingPjotrMan wrote:Bacon is not a chronological entity.
Duckay

Postby Duckay » 08 Feb 2012, 15:35

Last night, I dreamed that I was at a convention and Johnny Depp was there trying to be undercover in cosplay, but I recognized him somehow and we had a chat about fandom. Then, in the after-glow of meeting Depp, I guess, I kissed someone and felt really bad because it turned out he was in a relationship (apparently in dream world I wasn't concerned about my relationship), and he advised me to keep our affair "otish". Which even in my dream, isn't a word.

Yeah, who knows where that came from.
JustAName
First Video: Rapidfire I
Location: The Land of Unbearably Fashionable People and Lots of Cars

Postby JustAName » 01 Mar 2012, 20:16

Hunh. So tired that I took a couple-hour nap. Dreamed that I was sitting somewhere, eating ice cream (you know it's a dream because when I would drop a bit, I could pick it back up and eat it, no harm done) and talking to Kathleen about how people here (the forums) are the greatest, nicest, etc. and that I'd rather be from here than anywhere else. Honestly, that's what I dreamed.
Alja-Markir wrote:Andy is the LRR Heart-throb.
Morgan is the LRR Crotch-throb.

And all I can do is read a book to stay awake. And it rips my life away, but it's a great escape.

King Kool
Quality and Quantity

Postby King Kool » 01 Mar 2012, 22:48

I've occasionally had dreams where I'm full of rage about something and repeatedly fight people in my family (I had one last night). Those are the closest thing I have to nightmares. Otherwise, every dream, no matter how weird, is good in the hood.
a winner is you. - Ash
King Kool, you are wrong. - Graham
King Kool, shut your face. - James
This thread was creepy until KingKool made it AWESOME. - Tombrend
Why this obsession with foam implements? - Metcarfre
Geoff_B

Postby Geoff_B » 02 Mar 2012, 01:31

My dreams have been getting weirder lately. Just the other night I had a dream involving a department store, a load of nerf guns, the Weasley twins and some lad who kept on hitting on me even after I resorted to threatening physical violence and throwing him over the railing on the top floor.

No idea what that was about.

Otherwise it's normally me with some girl I know. A different girl each time. Again not sure what my brain is trying to tell me.

Mowinckel
First Video: Bump in the night

Postby Mowinckel » 02 Mar 2012, 02:25

I dreamt that something or someone was after me, I am in pure panic and keep running, falling, getting up again and I KNOW the horrible thing is just behind me and will catch me... I fall one last time and turn around to face it...and then I wake up

that's not a nightmare that's just how I sleep on any given night...
If I'm half-mad, then which do you think I consider my better half?
AmazingPjotrMan
...and all I got was this lousy rank.
First Video: 1337

Postby AmazingPjotrMan » 02 Apr 2012, 16:23

I'll get back to you on this soon because holy shit will I be able to contribute on occasion.
"It's nice to think that before "Adam and Eve", there was "Earl Grey""
AmazingPjotrMan
...and all I got was this lousy rank.
First Video: 1337

Postby AmazingPjotrMan » 03 Apr 2012, 02:56

Right... where to begin. The dream took place in some steampunk industrial city. I was at a friends place where I came upon all his children, like six or so. They were all in different roles of the family such as it is. Shit happened that I can't remember in detail, someone loved photography (the eldest I think) I went around chatting with the different sons, came across a flamboyantly colored rodent that was apparently their pet. During all of this I had felt occasionally faint. More stuff happened that I don't remember in detail, then I sat around a table with some of them, all of them having a smoking pipe each. I ask for one, for the sake of chewing on the mouthpiece rather than smoke and I was given one. They ask "You have smoked marijuana before?" And I simply answered "Yes." As I did puff on the pipe it suddenly struck me that they were in fact not my friends children at all. Then flashbacks of the different kids came up and then they morphed into the adults they actually were, living in a collective.
"It's nice to think that before "Adam and Eve", there was "Earl Grey""
Merrymaker_Mortalis
First Video: ENN's First Episode on Escapist

Postby Merrymaker_Mortalis » 09 Apr 2012, 02:21

I dreamt that I got into a relationship with someone. Woke up, went to sleep.
Then dremt I was in a care home and this young girl was getting shafted over by her family who suddenly wanted her back and used a dog to bribe her. I was a werewolf and sad that she was going away (I didn't know she was being manipulated) as she was like a 'daughter' to me.

Do these dreams mean I am lonely? :P And I think that having the ability to turn into an animal is AWESOME???

My dreams in the last three days featured feelings of remorse over lack of having people.
auberginequeen

Postby auberginequeen » 18 Apr 2012, 10:11

My dream started with my assuring my dad that I'd be okay going back to uni in the fall.

I really wanted into this one uni-run social club but they wouldn't let me. Everyone at school just ... despised me. I sat near them when they met in the dining hall and tried to interject when one asked another a trivia question I knew the answer to.

The person who asked denied it was the answer even though I knew it was. She got up and circled me, berating me for being so stupid and laughing a cruel and heartless laugh before sitting down again and turning her back to me.

I looked to my side and there was a teapot sitting there. It had an abnormally extended handle and was covered in blood and long strands of human hair. There was a tiny wooden effigy stuck in the spout. I opened it to find it was full of blood and more effigies were floating around in it. I stuffed it in my bag and got up to go to class.

Cut to a random real life video game in which I had to use a train system to push around a series of blocks.

Cut back to class. I had forgotten to complete an assignment, though the paper which I was supposed to do it on had all the fields scribbled out so I couldn't write anything anyway. I knew I hadn't done it but I tried bluffing my way through it anyway.

"I couldn't do it, all the fields on my sheet are scratched out."

"Anyone with whiteout could fix that problem."

"... I didn't have any whiteout..."

"Nope, not gonna work."

I accepted the failure and sat down. Someone threw something at me and it hit me hard. It actually hurt. Someone else threw something, this time harder and more painful. I shrank in my seat and feared for my life. Another classmate threw something hard at the back of my head and I cried out in pain, fell over and passed out.

I woke up and class was still in session. No one had tried to help me. I got back on my chair and blood was running down the back of my neck and tears were welling up in my eyes. The class tittered at my state. The prof told me to get out if I was going to make such a scene and I got up and ran out of the room to the full-blown laughter of the class.

I went to a pizza place and sat down eating and crying. I took out the hideous teapot and stared at it, and it almost seemed as though it was staring back at me. Whose blood and hair was that? Why did someone give me this horrible thing?

Cut to a good friend of mine working out with an anthropomorphic frog; again, like something out of a video game.

Cut to me having to pick up and throw fish back into the sea, but they seemed suicidal as they keep flopping back up the shore.

Then I woke up.
JustAName
First Video: Rapidfire I
Location: The Land of Unbearably Fashionable People and Lots of Cars

Postby JustAName » 18 Apr 2012, 10:42

...I can't help but feel that you're worried about something. Also, that sucks. I'm sorry.

As for me, I just dreamt that a friend of mine with whom I have been growing apart of late blocked me from being able to read all her blogs and unfriended me on facebook. Rather mundane, I know, but it hurt that she was taking such direct action, especially since I thought that we were still okay. :/
Alja-Markir wrote:Andy is the LRR Heart-throb.
Morgan is the LRR Crotch-throb.

And all I can do is read a book to stay awake. And it rips my life away, but it's a great escape.

auberginequeen

Postby auberginequeen » 14 May 2012, 05:21

Bump time for the dream thread.

Last night I had a dream where one of my friends from the minecraft server and I were waiting in line for... something. I was accompanied by another ginger who resembled this girl I knew for about a year in highschool before she went back to her previous school.

I was wondering why she was there. My minecraft friend broke off to talk to other people because for some reason now it was a party.

I was milling about being socially awkward when I found a severed head in a drawer. Somehow it was still alive and able to talk to me. He looked pretty good actually, for a severed head. But he needed help acquiring nutrients due to his circumstances. So I made him some rice pudding and shovelled it into his mouth. He seemed most appreciative, despite not actually being able to digest it.

Then I woke up.
dackwards d
First Video: The Job

Postby dackwards d » 14 May 2012, 06:45

Now I want rice pudding. Damn you drawerhead!
ImageImage
LogicSword
First Video: Whiskey Tango Foxtrot

Postby LogicSword » 14 May 2012, 07:06

I can't remember them, but for the past several nights I've had dreams that terrified me when I woke up... but not while I was sleeping.

Return to “General Discussion”