The Dream Thread

Drop by and talk about anything you want. This is where all cheese-related discussions should go
fantôme
First Video: mtgo drafts

Re: The Dream Thread

Postby fantôme » 02 Aug 2015, 01:14

Every once in a blue moon I actually sleep enough to dream. And one-in-a-hundred times out of that, my dream is so absurd that I actually recognise it as a dream.

The night before last I dreamt of a number of things: mostly of walking down and watching news reports of my city centre's main high street. There was a state of emergency - everything was being turned into cubes. Parts of the ground, parts of buildings, random whole objects, parts of people - would suddenly flicker and then snap reform into a cube, the old texture stretched painfully across it's new surface. There was panic, riots, chaos.

And in my head the whole thing was narrated with frantic and intense poetry, (although I can't remember specifics and it could have just been the feeling I had at-the-time, it seemed like everything rhymed and had a flowing cadence - it is remarkable that the subconscious can do that!).

And then the sky started slowly turning into a cube, we were at the "flattest" end - where the side of the sky was going to intersect with the (still) curve of the earth.

I woke up in a really good mood, for some reason.
Merrymaker_Mortalis
First Video: ENN's First Episode on Escapist

Postby Merrymaker_Mortalis » 02 Aug 2015, 07:03

My childhood nightmare showed its head for the first time in twenty years. Mister Blobby.

When he appeared I ran. I hid. But then, I decided to attack him. I killed him. I stabbed him through his head with a sword with much force. I saw his skull split and his blood. It was satisfying.
I woke up and decided to get up. I didn't want to dream more of Mister Blobby.
Ptangmatik
First Video: probably one of the 1st unskippables

Postby Ptangmatik » 02 Aug 2015, 12:26

I remember telling myself over and over that it wasn't a thing, it was a guy in a suit. I ended up pitying him, and wondering how often the actor inside quit or got fired and replaced.
Geoff_B wrote: ... Even for here, that was weird.
Merrymaker_Mortalis

Postby Merrymaker_Mortalis » 02 Aug 2015, 14:05

STABBY STAB STAB
Smeghead
Bear Hunter S
First Video: The Writers Room

Postby Smeghead » 07 Oct 2015, 23:31

I stood by a dark lake in a forest of grey-long dead- trees. It was as if the world was devoid of colours and life, only dark shades of grey as far as the eye could see.

Then a great hulking figure appeared before me, a figure wearing a grey dress or nightgown, stained and torn from use and wear. The figure had long dark hair but with dead twigs sticking out of it and beneath the hair two cold dead eyes looking down at me. It’s head was almost oval shaped which suited its wide mouth that almost stretched across the whole face, a mouth that smiled menacingly at me and showed off way too many teeth for the figure to be human.

I run to get away from it, but soon I am forced to wade into the lake to try to escape. Wading soon turns to swimming, and while I do not look back at the figure; I know that it is following me.

Then I feel it; its hands grabbing onto my legs. I struggle, but its grip is iron and I cannot get away as it starts to pull me down beneath the surface of the lake.
Down into the darkness below.
That’s when I woke up.

Afterwards I lay in my bed and was unable to go back to sleep for a while as the dream did not leave my mind…

…but also because of a strange pain in my legs.
Merrymaker_Mortalis

Postby Merrymaker_Mortalis » 07 Oct 2015, 23:39

The other night I drempted I saw a lot of people get brutally killed.
I woke up disturbed and distressed, then considered myself lucky that this was only a dream and I woken up in a safe place. Other people have that sort of shit going on dayly in the waking world. Now that is a nightmare.
Elomin Sha
First Video: Max Effect

Postby Elomin Sha » 09 Oct 2015, 14:39

Dreamt.
The most unique, nicest, and confusing individual you will get to know. Don't be stupid around me, that's my job.
https://displate.com/elominsha/galleries
If you need art, I take commissions, PM me.
Merrymaker_Mortalis

Postby Merrymaker_Mortalis » 10 Oct 2015, 01:09

Diolj.
AdmiralMemo
First Video: Unskippable: Eternal Sonata

Postby AdmiralMemo » 04 Nov 2015, 04:56

I dreamed that I somehow ended up on a shoot with LRR at G&K's place. Kathleen and Graham in-shot, Paul on-camera, Alex on LT, Beej had the bounce, and somehow I ended up with the boom. It was a non-descript scene with just some talking around the table going on, and Graham kept fiddling with the script, making revisions between takes.
Graham wrote:The point is: Nyeh nyeh nyeh. I'm an old man.
LRRcast wrote:Paul: That does not answer that question at all.
James: Who cares about that question? That's a good answer.

Bebop Man
First Video: The Pirate Video

Postby Bebop Man » 06 Nov 2015, 18:21

Heyo! I had a dream about Nadine Jansen. Noice.
viscomica
First Video: SPRING!

Postby viscomica » 06 Nov 2015, 18:52

Bebop Man wrote:Heyo! I had a dream about Nadine Jansen. Noice.

Nooooooooo
:P
AdmiralMemo

Postby AdmiralMemo » 11 Nov 2015, 18:12

So I had a dream the other night that I meant to put in here and kept forgetting to.

I was at my old church. For some reason, I was drinking plain hot water. I decided to take it outside, around the back, to drink. So I was drinking it, and I noticed the front door open. Out walks a sky blue cockatoo. I'm looking at it weird, and it starts wandering around the parking lot. I didn't think much of it. Then, I heard a couple of people coming out of the church saying we needed to catch it before it ran away. So, I'm like OK, and started going between cars, trying to follow it. It decided to fly up and perch on the power lines for a while, and I was standing there, trying to figure out what to do. Someone told me "The Duchess" would be very upset if we ended up losing her bird. Then, the bird flew down onto the parkway. I was very scared about that. It miraculously made it to the other side of the road unharmed, while I was dodging cars trying to follow it. I made it to the median strip, while it was on the lawns of some houses that don't exist IRL. I was trying to keep an eye on it, not really knowing how to coax the bird back safely. Then, it saw me and decided to come towards me. It got almost across the road safely, despite traffic... and then a car squished its head. :-( I was very sad, and horrified, and I was panicking a little, because I knew "The Duchess" would be furious... But then I woke up.

AdmiralMemo

Postby AdmiralMemo » 14 Nov 2015, 08:49

My brain came up with the STUPIDEST Magic card in a dream: A Wall Planeswalker. :-D

It made sense in the dream... :-D

Bebop Man

Postby Bebop Man » 14 Nov 2015, 14:34

I dreamt about Don Draper (easy now). I worked for him, and he was an asshole to me, taking credit for my hard work. We exchanged looks at the wrap up party and he knew, and I knew that he knew.
Bebop Man

Postby Bebop Man » 16 Nov 2015, 06:40

Jethro Tull plays at my former school. Then The Cars. They start with Let's Go, play a second song, then walk off stage in a temper because there're so few people. My dad shows up late because he's been flirting with some girls, and is disappointed he missed the show.
AdmiralMemo

Postby AdmiralMemo » 16 Nov 2015, 06:50

I'm lacking dreams these days of Desert Bus. I suspect I'm sleeping in smaller amounts more frequently so I'm not getting much REM.

viscomica
First Video: SPRING!

Postby viscomica » 19 Nov 2015, 07:16

Bebop Man wrote:Jethro Tull plays at my former school. Then The Cars. They start with Let's Go, play a second song, then walk off stage in a temper because there're so few people. My dad shows up late because he's been flirting with some girls, and is disappointed he missed the show.

"The original gig fell through!"
:D
MotorWaffle
First Video: Phailhaus #3

Postby MotorWaffle » 29 Nov 2015, 21:13

I had a dream that the government had found the fountain of youth, and that I was tasked with finding Benjamin Button, the one person who could guard the fountain without the same temptation to use it for himself.
Bebop Man

Postby Bebop Man » 30 Nov 2015, 06:31

I dreamt I assassinated Ezio from AC. As I cradled him in his dying moments, somebody came looking for him and knocked on the door. I yelled "Ezio can't make it right now!". The second knock woke me up. It was actually my dad knocking on my bedroom door.

I haven't had one of these segueways in forever, it always leaves a nice feeling :P
Phailhammer
First Video: Fun With Microwaves (I think)

Postby Phailhammer » 02 Dec 2015, 20:16

But then you found Ezio was actually there. You pulled his hood off to reveal Beej. Beej-step filled the room.
Preacher wrote:Do you have one of those for every occasion, Phailhammer?
Geoff_B wrote:And lo, the plot to end the world was undone by a bandwidth exceeded notice.
FictionPress stories:
The Vitaris Insurrection, The Outbreak (The latter not written by me, but I am in it.)
Bebop Man

Postby Bebop Man » 03 Dec 2015, 15:59

Merrymaker_Mortalis

Postby Merrymaker_Mortalis » 07 Dec 2015, 08:32

I dreampt of my friend and woke up and was sad.
I then went back to sleep and had a nightmare instead.
Fuck you sleep.

Here's my nightmare:

Zombie Apocalypse. And this is what the zombies looked like:

I hope you sympathise why I found the dream uncomfortable.

Basically, part of being a zombie was that your whole body turned to black. Absolute absence of light, except for their two white eyes.
Tinasaur
First Video: Forget About It

Postby Tinasaur » 07 Feb 2016, 23:43

In my dream I was sick with high fever and stuff so I go to the hospital. The nurse at the counter checks my ID to let me in, but apparently I had went to Ukraine nine years ago, gotten accused of being high on drugs, but defended myself by saying I was only having fun laughing at LRR. The nurse says I won't get in because of the drugs, be they lrr or otherwise. I'm dizzy and desperate, but then, the guy next to me by the counter pulls up his backpack and reveals a bag full of LRR-merchandise, lays it out on the table explaining that this is in fact a really fun comedy troupe and then he tops it off by showing the nurse some funny videos. It works! Almost too well since the nurse is too busy watching the vids to let me in, but in the end she does.

So what is the moral of the story? Buy LRR-merch, it saves lives!
Merrymaker_Mortalis

Postby Merrymaker_Mortalis » 18 Mar 2016, 13:23

My good Catalan friend who some of you may know of from the other threads.

Recently I had been wondering if I was really still missing him in the same way. I wondered if I was settling into a comfort zone of mediocrity and that perhaps I have fine people around me.

Well, I dreamed of him for the first time in a while, doing something very him. Which caused me to remember why I felt a strong affection for him to begin with.
Now I am missing him like I did originally.

I don't know if this is a good or a bad thing, but, arrrghhhh, frustrating he's not able to be communicative. I miss him!!
Bebop Man

Postby Bebop Man » 19 Mar 2016, 08:26

I dreamt me, my friend and Spider-Man went to Egypt. And then I had sex with the black Ghostbuster. No, not Winston.

Return to “General Discussion”