The Dream Thread

Drop by and talk about anything you want. This is where all cheese-related discussions should go
JustAName
First Video: Rapidfire I
Location: The Land of Unbearably Fashionable People and Lots of Cars

The Dream Thread

Postby JustAName » 03 Jul 2010, 12:31

I didn't see one of these and thought I might as well...

So I don't typically remember my dreams, but of the one I had last night I do remember there was a bit in which Abraham Lincoln was elected leader of Canada. And he wasn't dead or even hundreds of years old; just sorta old as if he'd retired from being president and had decided to be the leader of another country now.

What's a dream you've had? Doesn't have to be recent or even particularly weird.
Alja-Markir wrote:Andy is the LRR Heart-throb.
Morgan is the LRR Crotch-throb.

And all I can do is read a book to stay awake. And it rips my life away, but it's a great escape.

Smeghead
Bear Hunter S
First Video: The Writers Room

Re: The Dream Thread

Postby Smeghead » 03 Jul 2010, 13:43

I tend to remember parts of my dreams, and I can sometimes even be aware that I'm dreaming.

I also tend to have a lot of over the top action in my dreams. Just last night I dreamt that I was fighting a guy in a power armor (I assume I hade one as well) and I ended up wraping a car around him; threw it into a building where it exploded.

There also tend to be a lot of time travell in my dreams
korri
First Video: I honestly can't remember...

Postby korri » 03 Jul 2010, 13:54

I had a weird one the other night where I was dreaming that I was dreaming... And I dreamt my brother woke me up so I kicked him and then he punched me, and then while I was still in the dream I realized I was dreaming and had to wake up for some reason so it took me awhile but I woke myself up, but it was weird because I could feel myself slipping back into the dream.

Has anyone else had that feeling where you're awake, but you can't move yet? I had that feeling in that dream and once when I dreamt that someone came in my room and shot me. I was so terrified that I was awake and couldn't move.
Hello world, remember me? I'm the sad little fuck that you failed to see, who you should have recognized When you had the chance. Hello motherfuckers now its time to dance

my photos! => http://korrinn.deviantart.com
Elomin Sha
First Video: Max Effect

Postby Elomin Sha » 03 Jul 2010, 14:00

If you can find my thread on cheese eating experiments you can see what dreams I had.
The most unique, nicest, and confusing individual you will get to know. Don't be stupid around me, that's my job.
https://displate.com/elominsha/galleries
If you need art, I take commissions, PM me.
Bananafish

Postby Bananafish » 03 Jul 2010, 14:00

Apparently I sleepwalk sometimes which is p cool I guess. Years ago my brother told me I came into his room at like midnight and yelled out "IT'S TOO HARD" and left. Another time my friend said I got up at night and sat on the edge of the bed going 'ohgodohgodohgod' and I guess I told him I had to show him something and I was about to lead him down stairs but changed my mind.

Maybe I killed someone while sleepwalking and the guilt was driving me mad or something vOv

Hearing all of these things afterwards though is hilarious which is why I don't mind it
Ottoman
First Video: How to Talk Like a Pirate

Postby Ottoman » 03 Jul 2010, 14:23

Wow, this is great timing. I usually don't remember dreams at all, and when I do they're usually super boring, but I actually had a really vivid one last night. More of a nightmare, really; I was panicking over the fact that I had about six final assignments to do for various classes, none of which I'd started, and which were due on Monday. I was genuinely terrified when I woke up. . . but then remembered that school has been over for weeks already. Still, it left a bad mental aftertaste. Bleah.
An engine that both consumes and creates malice.
Bananafish

Postby Bananafish » 03 Jul 2010, 14:43

theDreamer
First Video: Quantum Documentary

Postby theDreamer » 03 Jul 2010, 18:01

Oh, hai, I didn't see you there.

This is what I DO, dig?

Let's see, dreams of note...

My last nightmare I dreamt I was Indiana Jones, and there was this super snake thing, and it wouldn't die. But I realized I was dreaming, and stopped being scared, and went along with it, knowing I could wake up at any time. The dream ended when, after stabbing the snake's head through with my knife, I climbed a ladder, and then the snake jumped down the ladder at my face, jaws agape, and I woke up.

If you remember the show Jackie Chan Adventures, I used to dream I was, for some reason, Jackie Chan in the form of those shaggy sheep dogs. And I would chase after trains and stuff with the powers of the token things.

I also used to dream I was Tuxedo Mask from sailor moon (and one really weird night I dreamt I was Sailor Mercury. That was...yeah)

(It should be noted that appearantly I'm odd, because almost all my dreams are in the third person. Exceptions are when I'm me, doing mundane tasks, or nightmares)

Once I was Starkiller(From The Force Unleashed), and had to fight Darth Vader to let my friends escape, and my lightsaber LITERALLY FLOPPED.

Another time I dreamt that the world was being attacked by tripods, and it was up to me to save the world, but all I had was...nothing. Literally. I ran into a house, and it turned into a dolls house, and the tripod found me (and it had like CRAZY missiles and lasers and such), and then I ran, stole a little girls tricycle, ran it at a gulley, and sent it careening into a tripod's leg. Which looked badass, but just pissed the tripod off.

A recurring theme in my dreams is impotence. Like I'll dream I'm a red mage, and no matter how I try I fuck up my spells and my sword is always too short and my swings just meet air.

Though, recently, I've started SUCCEEDED.

I blame auberginequeen.
I can put my hands in my head, and I can laugh it in the face.
Tapir12
First Video: Kei Kon 2004

Postby Tapir12 » 03 Jul 2010, 18:17

I remember a lot of my dreams, which I count as lucky since I get to go on crazy adventures and sometimes don't want to wake up.

I've been on LOTR types adventures, been chased around my highschool by guys with crossbows, gone up against the Joker from batman... etc.

But sometimes I have really boring dreams. Just last night, for example, I dreamed that my roommate and I decided to trade sides of the room. Even in my dream I thought this was really stupid. Another time I feel asleep in class and dreamed that I got my bag, walked home and went into the kitchen for a snack. Then I woke up and had to do it all over again.

Needless to say, I prefer the adventures!
Things I like and maybe you will too:
AIESEC | Monster | Juuni Kokki | Vienna Teng | Guide To Canada
Alpha Maeko
First Video: Hell if I can remember.

Postby Alpha Maeko » 03 Jul 2010, 23:48

I dream maybe once every other month. When I do, though, it's always on the higher end of the "WTF" scale. Talking bears, oily vision, temperamental gravity, randomly chosen nemesis, and other odd things.

So far, I've found all my dreams can be thrown into one of two categories: Bizarre/Pointless, or Scary/Freaky.

I don't have any happy/cheery dreams :[
Evil Jim
First Video: Shake Your Hands

Postby Evil Jim » 03 Jul 2010, 23:49

A recent dream of mine was LRR-related.

Graham & probably some of the other crew were in Wisconsin to do LRR shows. I was chatting with Graham about some of the cool stuff in the local area & what I would like to show him if they had time.

Since they were performing LRR in Madison I told him about a couple of the old theaters they might be at here like the Majestic & the Orpheum. He seemed really interested so I mentioned a few other things like the amazing architecture of the Wisconsin state capitol building & very broad selection at some of the local video game stores. Whatever I could think of that I found personally interesting that would be even more exciting to guests. By the time I got to Dr Evermore & The House on the Rock I was intentionally trying to blow his mind with all the awesome in Wisconsin.

Overall it felt like a very real & natural conversation & every thing I told him about actually exists here, hence, the links. If LRR ever does visit (ahem, Morgan. Grr.) I'll do whatever I can to drag them to the House on the Rock at the very least.
Arius wrote:People were just so awestruck by your awesomeness that they became catatonic.
ThrashJazzAssassin wrote:BURN HIM! BURN THE HERETIC! DEATH TO ALL WHO SCORN THE AWESOMENESS OF EVIL JIM!
iamafish
First Video: Crime and Punishment

Postby iamafish » 04 Jul 2010, 02:41

And here I dreamt I was a soldier
And I marched the streets of Birkenau
And I recall in spring
The perfume that the air would bring
To the indolent town
Where the barkers call the moon down
The carnival was ringing loudly now
And just to lay with you
There's nothing that I wouldn't do
Save lay my rifle down

And try one, and try two
Guess it always comes down to
All right, it's okay, guess it's better to turn this way

And I am nothing of a builder
But here I dreamt I was an architect
And I built this balustrade
To keep you home, to keep you safe
From the outside world
But the angles and the corners
Even though my work is unparalleled
They never seemed to meet
This structure fell about our feet
And we were free to go

And try one, and try two
All right, okay, guess it's better to turn this way

And here in Spain I am a Spaniard
I will be buried with my marionettes
Countess and courtesan
Have fallen 'neath my tender hand
When their husbands were not around
But you, my soiled teenage girlfriend
And how you are furrowed like a lioness
And we are vagabonds
We travel without seatbelts on
We live this close to death

And try one, and try two
All right, okay, guess it's better to turn this
But I won, so you lose
Alright, it's okay, guess it's better to turn this way

i dream decemberist songs
Thoughts From a Fish Bowl<------ my blog...

My Twitter

iamafish never wrote:the male trouser snake is evidence that evolution has no sense of aesthetics
Machalllewis
First Video: Ways to Stay Awake

Postby Machalllewis » 04 Jul 2010, 03:09

I dream communist sympathising political war bands.

And occasionally that Im being chased or my teeth are falling out.
Nothing to see here.
auberginequeen
First Video: Rejected 'Get A Mac' Ads

Postby auberginequeen » 04 Jul 2010, 05:29

Nowadays, I mostly dream about sex, violence, death, or Jews. And occasionally divine intervention.

Or some combination.

I had one dream where my entire family was dead and I was miserable being a foster child until this woman showed up and offered to let me join her cult (didn't know it was a cult at the time) Then later they told me I had to prove my allegiance to them and kill someone who was an enemy to the cult so we all dressed up as Orthodox Jews and infiltrated the synagogue where the guy was. The woman I originally met (who was now my best friend) got up and told everyone that their target was a terrible man and that I was going to kill him. Then everyone stared at me as I struggled to shoot him. I pulled the trigger and suddenly the rest of the cult was gone. Everyone in the building saw my face and I dropped the gun covered in my fingerprints before running away. I spent the rest of the dream worrying about being caught by the police (the cult used and abandoned me, unsurprisingly)

= violence + death + jews

In another dream I was in some sort of line full of Jewish people, some of whom were my (nonexistent) friends. The end of the line ultimately led to a giant pit which we were thrown into and then set on fire. I didn't feel any pain but I watched my friends die a slow and horrible death and smelled their burning flesh and etc etc etc. Then for the rest of the dream I went looking for my dead (nonexistent) brother, walking through an orgy involving all of my (nonexistent) guy friends. I found a piano behind a glass wall which was being played by a spidery-looking machine which hung from the ceiling. When I went into the room the piano was actually in the spidery machine was replaced by my brother who was an amazing pianist.

= violence + death + sex + jews

I also have a lot of dreams about rape, not necessarily me being raped but my friends, people I hardly know but still have to watch, etc. Not exactly pleasant.

= sex + violence

Then there's a really old dream which I've had twice where I am standing on a very narrow platform and water is gushing over it from either side and then being sucked down into the opposite side, making it very hard to keep your balance. While there are figures around me and on adjacent platforms, they are all silent silhouettes. I try to keep my balance but end up falling over the side and being sucked down into the water ducts. In the first dream I struggle against the current but fail, give up, and drown. In the second dream (which occurred years later) I struggle against the current but fail and give up. Then some sort of divine hand reaches toward me and says "Don't leave yet Danni, we need you." As soon as I reach out and take the hand, the water stops moving, and I am floating underwater in what is essentially a swimming pool.

= divine intervention + death

Anyway let's just say I like it better when I don't remember my dreams.

Also I blame the introduction of the Jewish element on theDreamer.
korri
First Video: I honestly can't remember...

Postby korri » 04 Jul 2010, 06:20

Machalllewis wrote:I dream communist sympathising political war bands.

And occasionally that Im being chased or my teeth are falling out.

If I recall correctly, this is supposed to have some meaning about your life...I don't remember what it is though.

I frequently dream that I'm in a car and the brakes fail.
Hello world, remember me? I'm the sad little fuck that you failed to see, who you should have recognized When you had the chance. Hello motherfuckers now its time to dance

my photos! => http://korrinn.deviantart.com
Mister Fiend
First Video: Three PS3's

Postby Mister Fiend » 04 Jul 2010, 06:52

In the darkness, I dream of fire.
metcarfre wrote:Fiend holding a Stampede while smoking a cigar just changed my life.

TACOS!
gcninja

Postby gcninja » 04 Jul 2010, 07:30

I had a funky ass dream last night. I dreamt that I was at my exs. You know PB. I dreamt that she was trying to get even w me so she climbed on top of me and put my arms around her and ripped her shirt open and then yelled for help and her mother and grandmother came it and started accusing me of attempted rape as she sat there smiling. I started bawling and then walked out and got in the car w my mother and started complaining about her and how I'd never see her again. Then i went to flagstaff and went to a convention and ended up in a room full of knights (cosplayers). We were bsing. Then i woke to my dad kicking me awake.

I think it's just a replay of the con weekend just a little different and my mind telling me to let her go and that she basically fucked me over. Which she did

All
EJ wrote:Lyinginbedmon, I'm looking forward to when Paul or Graham reset your & Elomin's post count back to zero. If you keep it up it's bound to happen =p

Noblesse Oblige
Buksvager!
epocalypse
First Video: omnilingual (not including unskippable)
Location: the county of los angeles, the city of los angeles, whichever state los angeles is in.

Postby epocalypse » 04 Jul 2010, 19:13

I don't have time now to go into detail on some of my wierdest dreams and out of body experiences and such (and I've been quite into Lucid dreaming at times, but have not done it recently) but I'll say this, One of the earliest dreams I remember having (and I mean early, like 6 or younger) was a dream where Darth Vader and The Shredder Were driving around that Death Star like tank and gathering people up in what could only be called a Genocidal and unusually dark rage, and the teenage mutant ninja turtles telling me to to go down a man hole, in which there was a seemingly endless pit with a ladder going down of with metal rungs. Between each pair of rungs was a Mickey Mouse head. After a few more than ten rungs, I slipped, and fell through the pit, and as I fell, the walls of the pit slowly stripped away revealing my bed room, just in time for me to see my bed and land in it with a thump. I remember the sheets being all messed right before I hit it, and seeming to look exactly the same when I got up and looked at my bed. I also remember feeling the landing. Now back to inking comics.
Time flies when I launch grandfather clocks from my trebuchet.
Arius wrote:Epocalypse? More like Epicalypse, amirite? -Arius
and now, here's a link to new animated film, broken_test_zero's blog, and here'sa link to our facebook page.
my personal site
MotorWaffle
First Video: Phailhaus #3

Postby MotorWaffle » 04 Jul 2010, 19:49

korri wrote:Has anyone else had that feeling where you're awake, but you can't move yet? I had that feeling in that dream and once when I dreamt that someone came in my room and shot me. I was so terrified that I was awake and couldn't move.

It's sleep paralysis, and yeah, I get it every now and again. At one point I had it when I was on my side and tipped face first into my pillow. I remember thinking "well, this is how I go?" before the rest of me woke up and was able to roll over and breath.
I used to sleepwalk, but only when I had to pee. Instead of using the bathroom right across the hall from my room, I would instead walk down a flight of stairs to a bathroom on the other side of the house. Then I would go down another flight into my basement and sleep on my couch. I would also, for whatever reason, strip totally naked during this. I went to sleep in my room, then woke up naked in my basement. Weird stuff.
theDreamer
First Video: Quantum Documentary

Postby theDreamer » 04 Jul 2010, 19:54

What about when you suddenly wake up and you feel like you fell into your bed?
I can put my hands in my head, and I can laugh it in the face.
Agloriouscuppa
First Video: Unskippable

Postby Agloriouscuppa » 04 Jul 2010, 20:02

I have that one all the time, and if it isnt that one its like my leg just kicks me awake.. One time it ended up kicking my partner waking him up.. he was not amused.
It doesnt help does it?

Shameless Deviant Art plug... Twitter
gcninja

Postby gcninja » 04 Jul 2010, 21:41

I fucking HATE waking like that. a kick or a jump and im like WTF. then i crash. or waking up like i couldnt breathe sucks too
EJ wrote:Lyinginbedmon, I'm looking forward to when Paul or Graham reset your & Elomin's post count back to zero. If you keep it up it's bound to happen =p

Noblesse Oblige
Buksvager!
madrak_the_red
First Video: Meatshroom

Postby madrak_the_red » 05 Jul 2010, 14:20

After I got Mass effect 2, I dreamt incredibly vivid and rich dreams about Mass Effect for at least 2 days. I still get them sometimes.
But we won't go into detail about those. You don't wanna know.

I keep having dreams where something weird and dramatic is happening (like being in some sort of junk fortress in a swamp made up of crashed aeroplanes while being hunted by..something. I think it was one of my freinds) and someine will do or say something and I'll go 'that wasn't like his character, let's run it again, and then we'll run it again, like it's a movie. It's weird.
Keelah Se'lai
EnglishMQ
First Video: The one where Paul was a crazy scientist

Postby EnglishMQ » 05 Jul 2010, 14:27

I had this one where I lived in a Victorian House in the middle of the desert and all my friends and the people I watch on the internet were there, and it just felt weirdly perfect, like I was living in paradise.

That memory always sticks in my mind.
2stepz
First Video: .

Postby 2stepz » 05 Jul 2010, 14:44

Had a dream last night about a friend I've kept in touch with, but haven't seen in 5 years. In this dream, he'd split up with is girlfriend, moved back to the town we met in... and was studying Korean. (Somehow in mid-dream his ethnicity changed from mutt to british/korean.) He had been tailing me around town, and when I stopped he started this conversation about how he wanted a relationship, and had come to his senses. Odd, cause IRL he was never interested in me, nor I in him.... not in that way.

Return to “General Discussion”