This thread is so gay

Drop by and talk about anything you want. This is where all cheese-related discussions should go
Danzama
First Video: Wireless

Re: This thread is so gay

Postby Danzama » 17 Jun 2011, 08:25

I am not amused.
Vanguard
First Video: Unskippable: Lost Planet

Postby Vanguard » 17 Jun 2011, 08:41

Alright, let's try it this way. You say he has similar interests to you, so where would you want to go on a not-date? Any ideas you get there would be a great place to start.
ImageImageImageImage
Danzama

Postby Danzama » 17 Jun 2011, 08:48

hmmm a not date place? McDonald's, shopping, movie?
Agloriouscuppa
First Video: Unskippable

Postby Agloriouscuppa » 17 Jun 2011, 08:49

all with exception of McDonalds sound like date, go out with all your mates and bring him along.
It doesnt help does it?

Shameless Deviant Art plug... Twitter
Danzama

Postby Danzama » 17 Jun 2011, 08:51

well we originally planned to have a few of us there, so as it's not awkward.
Drinnik
First Video: http://www.escapistmagazine.com/videos/v

Postby Drinnik » 17 Jun 2011, 09:51

Where in Devon do you live? Because if you live near Plymouth, you could go to the Plymouth Dome, definately not a date place.

Or, for a real suggestion, go to one of the many nature reserves in Devon and have a nice walk, that way, there's no thing to try and impress, no agenda and, more importantly, no escape.
dackwards d wrote:You'd think that anyone in the sciences would at least be open to experimentation.

Danzama

Postby Danzama » 17 Jun 2011, 09:54

I live on dartmoor, moretonhampstead to be precise. we're going to go into Exeter, but I don't know what would be fun, cheap and not misleading.
Drinnik

Postby Drinnik » 17 Jun 2011, 09:59

Exeter... hmm...

Exeter Ghost Walk? I love ghost walks, and it's a chance to go somewhere with a group, but stay close to one person. Or go with someone on their own, but still not feel awkward because there's other people there and you're paying attention to the tour guide.

Plus, it's a little different to a film, and you can still talk about it over a meal and drinks afterwards.
dackwards d wrote:You'd think that anyone in the sciences would at least be open to experimentation.

Danzama

Postby Danzama » 17 Jun 2011, 10:02

it's a group of four, i think we're sticking to more Princesshay area. thanks though.
Drinnik

Postby Drinnik » 17 Jun 2011, 10:05

Keep it in mind, though.

For my 30th next year, we're going to the Edinburgh Vaults and doing the overnight stay.

It will be awesome.

Danzama

Postby Danzama » 17 Jun 2011, 10:08

Looks awesome. I like the idea of a gohst walk; but the company may not. also I want other people there, but not too many XD.
aeric90
First Video: How to Talk Like a Pirate

Postby aeric90 » 17 Jun 2011, 11:08

Join The War Against Pants
http://twitter.com/aeric90
Metcarfre
First Video: Not Applicable

Postby Metcarfre » 17 Jun 2011, 11:42

don't read comments don't read comments don't read comments don't read comments don't read comments don't read comments
AlexanderDitto
Better Than the First Alexander
First Video: Desert Bus 1: The Original!

Postby AlexanderDitto » 17 Jun 2011, 13:06

Wait, are you all basically suggesting he go out for a stroll on the moors?

I can't see that ending well.

Also hooray for the UN!
Tycherin
First Video: The Lich King's New Wrath

Postby Tycherin » 17 Jun 2011, 13:17

metcarfre wrote:don't read comments don't read comments don't read comments don't read comments don't read comments don't read comments

Having read some, I'm reminded of why so many people want to restrict free speech on the internet...
AlexanderDitto
Better Than the First Alexander
First Video: Desert Bus 1: The Original!

Postby AlexanderDitto » 17 Jun 2011, 13:30

What's really interesting is to read the comments by some of the countries that opposed it.

http://www.ohchr.org/EN/NewsEvents/Pages/DisplayNews.aspx?NewsID=11167&LangID=E

How warped some countries are!
Drinnik

Postby Drinnik » 17 Jun 2011, 16:38

AlexanderDitto wrote:Wait, are you all basically suggesting he go out for a stroll on the moors?

I can't see that ending well.

It's not like I'm suggesting the Yorkshire Moors.

...too soon?

Stinkychops
First Video: Some unskippable thing. It was all right

Postby Stinkychops » 19 Jun 2011, 09:52

Theremin wrote:In my experience overly camp gay men are more likely to drive people away than garner supporters for the cause.
What cause?

Should people live their lives the way you want, and you deem acceptable, to help your 'cause'? How adorable.
I'm kind of a big deal.
Lord Chrusher
Can't Drink Possible Beers
First Video: Door to Door

Postby Lord Chrusher » 19 Jun 2011, 09:55

Even if you where not being a troll earlier you are being one now. I think it is best that you leave now Stinkychops.
We are all made of star dust. However we are also made of nuclear waste.
Remember to think before you post.
Stinkychops

Postby Stinkychops » 19 Jun 2011, 10:11

Lord Chrusher wrote:Even if you where not being a troll earlier you are being one now. I think it is best that you leave now Stinkychops.

Is my point not valid?
I'm kind of a big deal.
goat

Postby goat » 19 Jun 2011, 10:25

Stinkychops wrote:
Lord Chrusher wrote:Even if you where not being a troll earlier you are being one now. I think it is best that you leave now Stinkychops.

Is my point not valid?

No, it's not. Piss off.
Follow a derelict account:

http://www.twitter.com/goat1
Yaxley
First Video: Lock Out

Postby Yaxley » 19 Jun 2011, 10:27

You made no point. You cherry-picked a quote made nearly a year ago and 137 pages back in this thread and asked a sarcastic question about it for the sole purpose of inciting an argument with someone you don't like.

Does this forum have an ignore function?
Stinkychops

Postby Stinkychops » 19 Jun 2011, 10:33

Yaxley wrote:You made no point. You cherry-picked a quote made nearly a year ago and 137 pages back in this thread and asked a sarcastic question about it for the sole purpose of inciting an argument with someone you don't like.

Does this forum have an ignore function?

Sorry man, I'm new here.

My point was that he shouldn't expect people to live their lives to help his political agenda. I don't know where you're getting all this fight picking stuff.
I'm kind of a big deal.
Master Gunner
Defending us from The Dutch!
First Video: How To Talk Like A Pirate

Postby Master Gunner » 19 Jun 2011, 10:39

Well, picking a a comment which was posted, discussed, and rebutted 136 pages ago is not a great start. Secondly, Theremin was in no way saying how people should live their lives, but rather commenting on how people behave in public, and how it effects public perception of minorities and advocacy groups. For some, people prancing down main street wearing little more than denim chaps reinforces stereotypes in the minds (of some) of those working against gay rights. Thus one should be mindful of the relationship behind their actions and public perception. Much in the same way that me going around in a gimp suit would likely get me branded a sexual deviant, and be offensive to certain people. There are places in the world where the majority of people are more open-minded to public expressions of sexuality, but most places are not quite there yet, which is why one must be mindful of how one acts.

If you're new to a community, learn to understand the context of the people there, and what they're saying, before you start antagonizing people over ancient comments.
TheRocket wrote:Apparently the crotch area could not contain the badonkadonk area.
Twitter | Click here to join the Desert Bus Community Chat.
Stinkychops

Postby Stinkychops » 19 Jun 2011, 10:45

Master Gunner wrote:Well, picking a a comment which was posted, discussed, and rebutted 136 pages ago is not a great start. Secondly, Theremin was in no way saying how people should live their lives, but rather commenting on how people behave in public, and how it effects public perception of minorities and advocacy groups.

What was the intention or purpose of these comments though? He was disapproving of those peoples choices.

For some, people prancing down main street wearing little more than denim chaps reinforces stereotypes in the minds (of some) of those working against gay rights.

There comes a point where offending people matters less than having some freedom and expressing yourself how you see fit. People shouldn't have to live their lives to be pawns in a political agenda. Sure, they might be stabbing themselves in the foot, but at least their feet have the shoes on that they wanted to wear.

Thus one should be mindful of the relationship behind their actions and public perception. Much in the same way that me going around in a gimp suit would likely get me branded a sexual deviant, and be offensive to certain people.

I'll avoid this, because I don't want to insinuate that you consider homosexuals to be sexual deviants or that you consider all forms of open sexuality to be equal to public BDSM. I'll just leave it :)

There are places in the world where the majority of people are more open-minded to public expressions of sexuality, but most places are not quite there yet, which is why one must be mindful of how one acts.
Well, I hardly think this is an issue in Iran. They don't have gay-pride parades. I'm speaking mainly of modern Western countries.

If you're new to a community, learn to understand the context of the people there, and what they're saying, before you start antagonizing people over ancient comments.

I'll keep that in mind, no sweat man.
I'm kind of a big deal.

Return to “General Discussion”