This thread is so gay

Drop by and talk about anything you want. This is where all cheese-related discussions should go
aeric90
First Video: How to Talk Like a Pirate

Re: This thread is so gay

Postby aeric90 » 17 Aug 2011, 12:53

On skates: I'd stick with hockey skates or recreation skates to learn with. Figure skates are potentially dangerous.

Gay nerds: PAX East was one of the most sexually furstrating places I have ever been to just because it's difficult to tell the difference between a shy nerd who's just happy to tallk to someone and a shy gay nerd who think you're hot. It's the one time I have ever been tempted to install Grindr on my phone.

And now... more gay hockey!

Join The War Against Pants
http://twitter.com/aeric90
iamafish
First Video: Crime and Punishment

Postby iamafish » 17 Aug 2011, 13:02

wait, you guys have gay hockey in Toronto as well? Man, you have all the manly sports covered.
Thoughts From a Fish Bowl<------ my blog...

My Twitter

iamafish never wrote:the male trouser snake is evidence that evolution has no sense of aesthetics
tak197
Feito Com Fruta
First Video: How To Talk Like A Pirate

Postby tak197 » 17 Aug 2011, 13:37

aeric90 wrote:Gay nerds: PAX East was one of the most sexually furstrating places I have ever been to just because it's difficult to tell the difference between a shy nerd who's just happy to tallk to someone and a shy gay nerd who think you're hot. It's the one time I have ever been tempted to install Grindr on my phone.

Granted, I totally agree with this. I mean, to be perfectly honest, gay nerds are closer to my 'type' than anything. However, I highly doubt Grindr would have helped. Think about how difficult it was to get reception and stuff for normal things, like Twitter and TXT messaging.

Besides, Grindr is iPhone only.
Danzama
First Video: Wireless

Postby Danzama » 17 Aug 2011, 13:52

Blackberry too
AlexanderDitto
Better Than the First Alexander
First Video: Desert Bus 1: The Original!

Postby AlexanderDitto » 17 Aug 2011, 16:28

aeric90 wrote:Gay nerds: PAX East was one of the most sexually furstrating places I have ever been to just because it's difficult to tell the difference between a shy nerd who's just happy to tallk to someone and a shy gay nerd who think you're hot. It's the one time I have ever been tempted to install Grindr on my phone.

And goddamn how I wish you had. Not like we had time for it, though.

I never realized it until you mentioned it to me the first day, I guess because I generally tend to assume everyone's just shy and happy to talk and wouldn't recognize flirtation if someone wrote it on their fist and punched me with it.

But yeah honestly I'm guess they were mostly shy nerds. Next year we're going to make it to that PAX LGBT meetup, though, if it doesn't conflict with the LRR panel.
goat

Postby goat » 17 Aug 2011, 17:42

Danzama wrote:OMG! I am in town shopping. Just past two hot guys. One had a girlfriend ( :( ) the other might have been gay. I gave the maybe gay one some advice on a game, before I got nervous.

Just thought y'all needed to know.

*high fives*

also @aeric: lol, grindr. Every time I hear someone talk about that I think of Stephen Fry on Top Gear (he mentions it).
Follow a derelict account:

http://www.twitter.com/goat1
ebMusicMan
First Video: Quantum Documentary

Postby ebMusicMan » 17 Aug 2011, 17:57

@Matt

My goaltender friend told me that hokey skates were typically sharper and sharpened differently than ice skates (something about two edges or some such), any truth to this?

Also, I just finished watching all the series of QI, <3 Stephen Fry!
PS - This is what part of the alphabet would look like if Q and R were eliminated.
aeric90
First Video: How to Talk Like a Pirate

Postby aeric90 » 17 Aug 2011, 18:02

Figure skates have two edges too. That's why they have all the funny names for their jumps (inside edge left foot to outside edge right foot, etc..). They may not be cut as deep as they are on hockey skates to avoid biting into the ice as deeply though, which is not necessarily a bad thing. And that can be adjusted. Hockey skates also have more of a curve to the blade on them for greater agility although that can be adjusted too.
Join The War Against Pants
http://twitter.com/aeric90
tak197
Feito Com Fruta

Postby tak197 » 17 Aug 2011, 18:18

AlexanderDitto wrote:

And goddamn how I wish you had. Not like we had time for it, though.

I never realized it until you mentioned it to me the first day, I guess because I generally tend to assume everyone's just shy and happy to talk and wouldn't recognize flirtation if someone wrote it on their fist and punched me with it.

But yeah honestly I'm guess they were mostly shy nerds. Next year we're going to make it to that PAX LGBT meetup, though, if it doesn't conflict with the LRR panel.

This year it went against the Escapist panel/screening, so I think we'll be okay. As far as flirting, I tend to follow the "just be super nice and goofy" rule with it. Probably why I'm not able to get guys to notice me.
TheRocket
First Video: Those Games That We Played

Postby TheRocket » 17 Aug 2011, 18:26

tak197 wrote:
TheRocket wrote:
tak197 wrote:Another guy I find attractive is Iwan Rheon, who plays Simon on Misfits. He's a Welsh actor, and let's just say if you saw Series 2 Episode 3, you know how unf-tastic he is.

I KNOW RIGHT? I like the *new* Simon.

Btw, Misfits is only out in the USA up to SSN 2 episode 3 so no posting spoilers.

Without revealing who, I will say I'm pretty pissed that a certain character will not be returning SSN 3. >.<

Okay, we watch Top Model, want to teach ourselves Irish, and think the "new" Simon is hot. Am I married to your husband as well, or are we just besties who've never met?

... holy shit, I just used the term "besties". I need to go to sleep.

Also, I've only seen it on Hulu, so I can't spoil the rest of the series thus far, as I HAVEN'T SEEN IT YET. Goddamn UK making awesome Sci-fi and not releasing it to us in the right amount of time.

I can mail you a doll with a goatee and then we can pretend we are living the same lives ;) But I pretty much think we might be besties.

LRRBFFz!

P.S Are you excited for ANTM Allstars, or do you think it's just a cheap, lazy season. I'm interested but have my hesitation. Creepy-chan is back!
Walk in like DeNiro, and leave like Brando.

You're living proof that Darwin was a moron.
TheRocket

Postby TheRocket » 17 Aug 2011, 18:41

On the topic of skating.. I gave that up a loooong time ago because when I was little my brothers told me to use the toepick on figure skates for stopping. >:(

Metcarfre
First Video: Not Applicable

Postby Metcarfre » 17 Aug 2011, 19:34

Oh, classic.
tak197
Feito Com Fruta

Postby tak197 » 17 Aug 2011, 19:50

TheRocket wrote:I can mail you a doll with a goatee and then we can pretend we are living the same lives ;) But I pretty much think we might be besties.

LRRBFFz!

P.S Are you excited for ANTM Allstars, or do you think it's just a cheap, lazy season. I'm interested but have my hesitation. Creepy-chan is back!

YAY BFFz!

I am looking forward to the new season, because of some of the models coming back. Creepy-chan is awesome, so are Isis, Kayla, Bianca, and Laura.
TheRocket

Postby TheRocket » 17 Aug 2011, 20:47

I was most excited for Isis! Not because of her unique circumstance, but because I actually belive she had the most model potential!

TheRocket

Postby TheRocket » 17 Aug 2011, 20:49

metcarfre wrote:Oh, classic.

You would.

dink.

Metcarfre
First Video: Not Applicable

Postby Metcarfre » 17 Aug 2011, 21:35

Yup.

*clutches half-boards for support and wishes he could have a plastic chair like the little kids*
JustAName
First Video: Rapidfire I
Location: The Land of Unbearably Fashionable People and Lots of Cars

Postby JustAName » 17 Aug 2011, 21:37

Reposted from the Who thread. 'cuz, well... Yeah. <3 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n0vXP0VcZZo
Alja-Markir wrote:Andy is the LRR Heart-throb.
Morgan is the LRR Crotch-throb.

And all I can do is read a book to stay awake. And it rips my life away, but it's a great escape.

tak197
Feito Com Fruta

Postby tak197 » 17 Aug 2011, 22:53

@TheRocket, I agree wholeheartedly. Didn't Tyra say that at the Homelessness shoot week one of Whitney's season, Isis outshined some of the ACTUAL contestants? I will say though, now that she's completely post-op, she will hopefully have the confidence to rock it hardcore.

Fayili wrote:Reposted from the Who thread. 'cuz, well... Yeah. <3 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n0vXP0VcZZo

Matt Smith is probably my favorite Doctor, but I will say that if I had to play Marry, Fuck, Pass with Eccleston, Smith and Tennant, I'd marry Matt Smith, pass on Christopher Eccleston, and fuck David Tennant for months on end.
iamafish
First Video: Crime and Punishment

Postby iamafish » 18 Aug 2011, 01:04

I have no idea what any of those men are saying.
Thoughts From a Fish Bowl<------ my blog...

My Twitter

iamafish never wrote:the male trouser snake is evidence that evolution has no sense of aesthetics
Agloriouscuppa
First Video: Unskippable

Postby Agloriouscuppa » 18 Aug 2011, 07:41

*walks in from the cold, reads recent posts* Neither do I... I'll go back to lurking now.
It doesnt help does it?

Shameless Deviant Art plug... Twitter
JustAName

Postby JustAName » 18 Aug 2011, 13:38

From A Softer World:

And all I can do is read a book to stay awake. And it rips my life away, but it's a great escape.

Danzama

Postby Danzama » 21 Aug 2011, 17:25

Erin killeded the thread!

I don't have anything to add, just thought that Erin's thread homocide* needed to be known.

*see what I did there?
JustAName

Postby JustAName » 21 Aug 2011, 18:23

You're so cruel, Dan. So, so cruel. T_T

goat

Postby goat » 21 Aug 2011, 18:25

Follow a derelict account:

http://www.twitter.com/goat1
Danzama

Postby Danzama » 21 Aug 2011, 18:31

That is... A thing.

Return to “General Discussion”