This thread is so gay

Drop by and talk about anything you want. This is where all cheese-related discussions should go
aeric90
First Video: How to Talk Like a Pirate

Re: This thread is so gay

Postby aeric90 » 07 Sep 2012, 06:12

Since this is my most active topic I figure it'd be best to request it here...

It's my bday. Can I have a dancing cat girl please? ^.^
Join The War Against Pants
http://twitter.com/aeric90
Deedles
First Video: Man Cooking

Postby Deedles » 07 Sep 2012, 06:32

Many happy wishes on your buuuurthday!

Also have!

Hurp-De-Durp!
beramode0
First Video: Questionably Legal Man

Postby beramode0 » 07 Sep 2012, 06:58

Happy birthday! I was gonna post the dancing cat girl but I didn't have the image and I didn't know the URL for it. Excuses aside HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!
Twitter Steam Facebook
Add as a friend/Follow at your own risk.
Avistew
First Video: Can't remember

Postby Avistew » 07 Sep 2012, 07:49

Have a FABULOUS birthday!
Check out my webcomic, The Meddlers! (Currently not updating)
Danzama
First Video: Wireless

Postby Danzama » 07 Sep 2012, 15:08

I said it in your birthday thread, but fuck it. Have an awesome day, man.
tak197
Feito Com Fruta
First Video: How To Talk Like A Pirate

Postby tak197 » 07 Sep 2012, 21:28

Happy birthday aeric. As a gift, I got you a letter from an NFL kicker to a state senator on the topic of gay marriage. It's pretty brilliantly written.

linky-winky

Dear Emmett C. Burns Jr.,

I find it inconceivable that you are an elected official of Maryland's state government. Your vitriolic hatred and bigotry make me ashamed and disgusted to think that you are in any way responsible for shaping policy at any level. The views you espouse neglect to consider several fundamental key points, which I will outline in great detail (you may want to hire an intern to help you with the longer words):

1. As I suspect you have not read the Constitution, I would like to remind you that the very first, the VERY FIRST Amendment in this founding document deals with the freedom of speech, particularly the abridgment of said freedom. By using your position as an elected official (when referring to your constituents so as to implicitly threaten the Ravens organization) to state that the Ravens should "inhibit such expressions from your employees," more specifically Brendon Ayanbadejo, not only are you clearly violating the First Amendment, you also come across as a narcissistic fromunda stain. What on earth would possess you to be so mind-boggingly stupid? It baffles me that a man such as yourself, a man who relies on that same First Amendment to pursue your own religious studies without fear of persecution from the state, could somehow justify stifling another person's right to speech. To call that hypocritical would be to do a disservice to the word. Mindfucking obscenely hypocritical starts to approach it a little bit.

2. "Many of your fans are opposed to such a view and feel it has no place in a sport that is strictly for pride, entertainment, and excitement." Holy fucking shitballs. Did you seriously just say that, as someone who's "deeply involved in government task forces on the legacy of slavery in Maryland"? Have you not heard of Kenny Washington? Jackie Robinson? As recently as 1962 the NFL still had segregation, which was only done away with by brave athletes and coaches daring to speak their mind and do the right thing, and you're going to say that political views have "no place in a sport"? I can't even begin to fathom the cognitive dissonance that must be coursing through your rapidly addled mind right now; the mental gymnastics your brain has to tortuously contort itself through to make such a preposterous statement are surely worthy of an Olympic gold medal (the Russian judge gives you a 10 for "beautiful oppressionism").

3. This is more a personal quibble of mine, but why do you hate freedom? Why do you hate the fact that other people want a chance to live their lives and be happy, even though they may believe in something different than you, or act different than you? How does gay marriage, in any way shape or form, affect your life? If gay marriage becomes legal, are you worried that all of a sudden you'll start thinking about penis? "Oh shit. Gay marriage just passed. Gotta get me some of that hot dong action!" Will all of your friends suddenly turn gay and refuse to come to your Sunday Ticket grill-outs? (Unlikely, since gay people enjoy watching football too.)

I can assure you that gay people getting married will have zero effect on your life. They won't come into your house and steal your children. They won't magically turn you into a lustful cockmonster. They won't even overthrow the government in an orgy of hedonistic debauchery because all of a sudden they have the same legal rights as the other 90 percent of our population—rights like Social Security benefits, child care tax credits, Family and Medical Leave to take care of loved ones, and COBRA healthcare for spouses and children. You know what having these rights will make gays? Full-fledged American citizens just like everyone else, with the freedom to pursue happiness and all that entails. Do the civil-rights struggles of the past 200 years mean absolutely nothing to you?

In closing, I would like to say that I hope this letter, in some small way, causes you to reflect upon the magnitude of the colossal foot in mouth clusterfuck you so brazenly unleashed on a man whose only crime was speaking out for something he believed in. Best of luck in the next election; I'm fairly certain you might need it.

Sincerely,
Chris Kluwe

P.S. I've also been vocal as hell about the issue of gay marriage so you can take your "I know of no other NFL player who has done what Mr. Ayanbadejo is doing" and shove it in your close-minded, totally lacking in empathy piehole and choke on it. Asshole.
Fenrir
First Video: LRRcast for Interrupted Garage

Postby Fenrir » 08 Sep 2012, 04:26

Happy Birthday! (Again!).

<3

Also, had an interesting lil encounter with "dude who still remembered me after like 15 years". Went to the store to run what was meant to be a quick errand and while I was there he was working the till. So I go to buy my thing and walk out, assuming he was busy, and as I go past him he goes, "So how's your day going?". Fair enough, he's being polite.

I stop and we talk for a lil bit and then once he's finished serving he moves out from behind the till to take his break (despite still being kinda busy) and we end up spending a good five maybe ten minutes talking just outside the store.

Kinda funny thing is, he smokes and usually I have a problem with people smoking. Yet it doesn't seem to bother me that much with him.
"Sing something new, I have nothing left. I can't face the dark without you."

: Fenrir - DB IRC : LRRFenrir - TwitchTV : @the_dismuke - Twitter :

Danzama
First Video: Wireless

Postby Danzama » 15 Sep 2012, 15:20

So, this may belong in the relationship thread but fuck it. This thread should always be on page one.

What do you lot think of guys who play hard to get.

The reason why I ask is because a guy who I like (and am told likes me) will flirt with me, then start playing hard to get (answering flirtatious questions with platonic responses, that type of thing). He does this to tease, and he knows it drives me insane.I'm going out with him next weekend, so I can say he's kinda into me.

So, what do you guys do with people who play this, annoying, game?
Charlie_is
First Video: Desert bus, 2011

Postby Charlie_is » 15 Sep 2012, 16:09

I much prefer to counter this with the ¨subtle as a sledgehammer¨ approach.

The most common lines in this approach are: You are looking me kinda weird.; Are you trying to hit on me?; Is it bad that I kinda want to kiss you right now?; and finally, Our genitals should hug sometime.
BlitzRunner27
First Video: Every OS Sucks

Postby BlitzRunner27 » 15 Sep 2012, 18:11

All right, so, I moved in to a new place about a week ago. My roommate is one of my absolute best friends, and I've known him since I was in second grade. I've -also- had a crush on him since middle school, and while it's greatly diminished over time (and while I have a boyfriend whom I love to tiny little bits and wouldn't give up for anything) there's still a level of base attraction going on there. He's also very very straight. This has never really been an issue since we've typically only spent 1-3 days together at a time, but now we -live- together. Should I say something? Should I just leave it alone? Would it be worse for him to hear it from me straight up or to have to pull it out of me after I fuck up trying to hide it? WHAT DO?!
What a horrible night to have a curse.
TorachiKatashi

Postby TorachiKatashi » 15 Sep 2012, 18:32

I don't have a lot of experience in the relationships department, but it seems to me like you're getting yourself all worried over nothing.

If you have a boyfriend you intend to stay with, and this friend of yours is straight, then the guy is off-limits to the power of two, and it doesn't really seem like you'd have anything to gain by professing some attraction to him. All you'd manage to do is make things really uncomfortable for both your friend AND your boyfriend.

I'm not entirely sure what you mean when you say you're worried about "trying to hide it." If you mean to say you're worried he'll see you checking him out or something, then all I can say is that you should be more respectful than that, knowing that it would make him uncomfortable, and that if you can't do that then you should move out.
Dominic Appleguard

Postby Dominic Appleguard » 15 Sep 2012, 19:50

So, if you're in a relationship with B and best friends with C, I have to assume C knows you're into dudes.

The thought has almost certainly occurred to him that you might think he's attractive. It could have been a passing thought, it could be he thinks about it more often than that. He might think it's unlikely, or he might strongly suspect it. But he's thought of it.
The fact that he still lives with you, though, means that he's not weirded out by the orientation issue. That's good news.

Most men I know value straightforwardness in their relationships. We don't speak in codes or accumulate gossip. So, I see it this way:

1) You tell him straight up one day that he's a handsome man and you don't want things to be awkward. If he's really your best friend he values the honesty.

2) You let it slip after one too many chiantis. Realizing that you were hiding this information all this time, he agonizes over the implications internally and everything is kinda uncomfortable for a few weeks.

My two cents.
AlexanderDitto
Better Than the First Alexander
First Video: Desert Bus 1: The Original!

Postby AlexanderDitto » 15 Sep 2012, 20:19

Letting him know you find him attractive, if it ever comes up naturally in conversation, is probably fine, as long as you also make it very clear you're not trying to hit on him. If it makes you feel better to tell him.

Otherwise, I don't know that you really stand to gain anything from it. Unless you're planning on staring longingly and awkwardly at his butt, it shouldn't really impact your day-to-day. I'm sure you plan on being respectful of his orientation and your relationship with your boyfriend, so it shouldn't really come to anything.

I dunno. I tend to tell people when they look good, but never mean it in a hitting-on-them kind of way. I think it's a nice thing to hear.
Master Gunner
Defending us from The Dutch!

Postby Master Gunner » 16 Sep 2012, 08:47

So long as it's clear with him that he shouldn't feel awkward telling you to "back off" if you accidently get a bit too foward/make him a bit uncomfortable, things should be fine. Communication is, of course, key in any healthy relationship, so regardless of if you decide to tell him that you've fancied him in the past, the two of you should always be clear on your comfort level with each other, to avoid unintentional awkwardness or uncomfortableness in the future.
TheRocket wrote:Apparently the crotch area could not contain the badonkadonk area.
Twitter | Click here to join the Desert Bus Community Chat.
aeric90

Postby aeric90 » 16 Sep 2012, 17:22

Any recommendations on good gay dating websites? I've been on OKCupid for the longest time and I've never had much luck.
AlexanderDitto

Postby AlexanderDitto » 16 Sep 2012, 18:55

aeric90 wrote:Any recommendations on good gay dating websites? I've been on OKCupid for the longest time and I've never had much luck.

The only site I've ever had any luck on is OKCupid. It's also the least skeezy I've experienced. Try fiddling with the match parameters on it. It doesn't show you everyone every time you search, I've discovered that if you change the settings sometimes new people show up.

There's always those GPS-linked mobile apps... like Grindr or Scruff. Though I quickly abandoned those because in my areas they're kind of creepy. But I think it depends on the area you're in.
Drinnik
First Video: http://www.escapistmagazine.com/videos/v

Postby Drinnik » 17 Sep 2012, 01:07

Grindr is basically for hooking up.
dackwards d wrote:You'd think that anyone in the sciences would at least be open to experimentation.

aeric90

Postby aeric90 » 17 Sep 2012, 06:33

I've checked out Grindr and Scruff out of morbid curiosity. It's mostly just amusing over practical.

I've just been on OKCupid for so long. I recognize most of the people I see there over the long term and I'm just not really impressed with the guys I see on there :P
AlexanderDitto

Postby AlexanderDitto » 17 Sep 2012, 07:12

Drinnik wrote:Grindr is basically for hooking up.

In big cities I feel like this is almost certainly true, but I've heard in small town areas where a lot of people are closeted it can actually be helpful for gay guys to find each other, not necessarily for hooking up.

But yeah, I've stayed well away from Grindr. I find it kind of creepy.

aeric90 wrote:I've just been on OKCupid for so long. I recognize most of the people I see there over the long term and I'm just not really impressed with the guys I see on there :P

That was my problem, I felt like I had reviewed every person in the entire world who had even a reasonable match percentage with me. And then suddenly I found a guy who I hadn't! And I'm going out with him. And he's kind of amazing. So yeah.

You have loads of gay friends, don't you, Aeric? Maybe one of your friends could introduce you to someone? And you're involved in gay rugby... have you not met anyone through that? People from other teams besides Muddy York? You could start asking people out? Besides friends/groups/clubs, or the internet, there really aren't any other ways of meeting new people. :(
aeric90

Postby aeric90 » 17 Sep 2012, 07:18

I would feel incredibly awkward to ask anyone to introduce me to people for dating purposes.

I have met people through my sports teams but dating teammates on the rugby team has proved problematic so I try to keep that to more casual relationships. I haven't really met anyone date-able through hockey yet.
tak197
Feito Com Fruta

Postby tak197 » 18 Sep 2012, 13:52

So I was on Facebook, and their ads are getting too freakin good at telling what I am interested in. Because I do a bit of clothes shopping online and am part of multiple sample sale sites, I get ads for clothes. But when Facebook titles one of the ads "Athletic Male Bottoms", I feel like it's just taking the piss.
River_Annarchy
First Video: Unskippable Eternal Sonata

Postby River_Annarchy » 20 Sep 2012, 23:41

Ive gotten ads talking about a nude gay spa.
Considering the not-so recent revelation i went through im not sure what i should think about those ads.
(Also man its amazing how much free time dropping out of high school, killing a laptop, and getting your first time job eats up)
Facebook page Tumblr Second facebook page Twitter

"Liches and hoes"

"My body is a temple tattoos are stained glass"
AlexanderDitto

Postby AlexanderDitto » 21 Sep 2012, 10:42

aeric90 wrote:I would feel incredibly awkward to ask anyone to introduce me to people for dating purposes.

What, you guys never talk about relationships and stuff when you're hanging out? I don't mean asking a specific person to set you up, just making it known you're looking to date. Maybe someone knows someone. A friend of a friend type thing.

Then again, that can cause problems if it doesn't work out.

aeric90 wrote:I have met people through my sports teams but dating teammates on the rugby team has proved problematic so I try to keep that to more casual relationships. I haven't really met anyone date-able through hockey yet.

I more meant people on teams other than your own, teams you play against. You just need to tackle a cute guy on an opposing team and then ask him out on a date. :P
Metcarfre
First Video: Not Applicable

Postby Metcarfre » 21 Sep 2012, 11:13

Randomly came across this in my daily menswear perusals; 150 years of historical photos of (probable?) lesbians.
aeric90

Postby aeric90 » 21 Sep 2012, 11:14

AlexanderDitto wrote:
aeric90 wrote:I have met people through my sports teams but dating teammates on the rugby team has proved problematic so I try to keep that to more casual relationships. I haven't really met anyone date-able through hockey yet.

I more meant people on teams other than your own, teams you play against. You just need to tackle a cute guy on an opposing team and then ask him out on a date. :P

Uhm... my rugby team plays in a regular league against mostly straight guys. That wouldn't work.

Return to “General Discussion”