This thread is so gay

Drop by and talk about anything you want. This is where all cheese-related discussions should go
Deedles
First Video: Man Cooking

Re: This thread is so gay

Postby Deedles » 10 Jan 2016, 06:10

I'm really glad to hear that it was such a good and supportive experience, Camel. Good on you for having the courage to do it too, despite being anxious and having second thoughts. That was strong of you! :D
Hurp-De-Durp!
CamelKnackRambleHort
First Video: Cursing

Postby CamelKnackRambleHort » 10 Jan 2016, 19:15

Thanks for all the encouragement and awesomeness people. It's good to have supportive people out there.
She/her please
Avistew
First Video: Can't remember

Postby Avistew » 11 Jan 2016, 01:40

Does crossdressing count as a topic for this thread? It defies gender rules, but it's not really LGBT either...

I think I'll just act like it does. I think there might have been a crossdressing thread at some point? If that's still true, let me know and I'll look for it.

Anyway. I've thought on and off about crossdressing most of my life. I was mistaken for a boy often as a kid and really enjoyed it. On a previous occasion, I ordered a velcro chest binder that accomplished nothing.

Well recently I ordered a compression shirt that I hope will get better results, as well as some packing stuff. I've also been watching a lot of videos about how to apply makeup to make your face more masculine (how ironic that I'd start wearing makeup in order to look more like a male).

I told my partners about it. My husband's opinion is "meh, don't have top surgery and I'll be fine". My boyfriend Dragon seemed not to care much but was supportive. My boyfriend Fox was enthusiastic and thinks it will be a lot of fun and wants to participate.

I'll let you know after I go through with it :)
Check out my webcomic, The Meddlers! (Currently not updating)
JustAName
First Video: Rapidfire I
Location: The Land of Unbearably Fashionable People and Lots of Cars

Postby JustAName » 11 Jan 2016, 04:01

Avistew, where did you get the top? I hear gc2b is very good - I've been thinking about checking them out for a while (and might now that my right boob has stopped hurting all the time (was probably a cyst)). I know someone who used to be around here but isn't so much anymore (Mimm) has been doing drag, so she might have more insight on the makeup if you'd like. I could see if she wants to come back and talk about it.

That sounds really rad! I hope you're happy enough with it to get some pictures and share them! I think you'd look super cool!
Alja-Markir wrote:Andy is the LRR Heart-throb.
Morgan is the LRR Crotch-throb.

And all I can do is read a book to stay awake. And it rips my life away, but it's a great escape.

CamelKnackRambleHort

Postby CamelKnackRambleHort » 11 Jan 2016, 07:47

I'd say here is a good place to discuss crossdressing. This is a very catch all thread for things in this vein.

Also, good on you Avistew for doing what you want to do. Hope you have a lot of fun with it, and I would love to hear how it goes.
She/her please
Avistew

Postby Avistew » 11 Jan 2016, 12:12

I got the compression shirt from underworks, but I'm open to trying something different if the one I got doesn't work out.

Thanks for the support! I'm excited about sharing pictures. Help with the makeup would be appreciated, so if you have contact with Mimm, asking her about it would be great!
JustAName

Postby JustAName » 11 Jan 2016, 13:21

So it's been long enough that the email her account was attached to is defunct... BUT anyway she said feel free to link her video here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wdhb1J73uOQ although "half of it is wrong and i don't do it that way myself any more but it's a place to start?". Anyway, she's doing neat things and it's a cool thing to check out!

Edit: Actually, if you have questions, she said she could do a semi-tutorial, semi Q&A video about it, so that could be a neat way to get specific information!

And all I can do is read a book to stay awake. And it rips my life away, but it's a great escape.

Avistew

Postby Avistew » 11 Jan 2016, 13:28

Neat! I'll watch the video first and I'll see what questions I have. Thanks!
Avistew

Postby Avistew » 18 Jan 2016, 19:26

My compression shirt arrived and I tried it on. It's pretty good, considering I have large breasts to begin with. My hips are still pretty wide but I'm happy with the results. Here are a couple of pictures:

I've been working out so I'm hoping to lose a bit of weight, which should help (right now it bulges under my armpits and that's not so nice).
Otherwise it's pretty comfy, feels like a nice hug. I like it.
Deedles
First Video: Man Cooking

Postby Deedles » 18 Jan 2016, 20:07

Glad to hear that it's working, you're looking good! Love your hair as well. :)
Hurp-De-Durp!
Avistew

Postby Avistew » 18 Jan 2016, 20:38

Thanks! I like my hair too :) It's a very practical length.
AlexanderDitto
Better Than the First Alexander
First Video: Desert Bus 1: The Original!

Postby AlexanderDitto » 18 Jan 2016, 22:59

Relevant to the gay thread: I saw the move "Carol" today. It was very good! I recommend it!
Fenrir
First Video: LRRcast for Interrupted Garage

Postby Fenrir » 19 Jan 2016, 05:12

Relevant to this thread too ....

TFW your boyfriend's mom likes the ever loving hell out of his middle brother's facebook status' / photos of him with his new girlfriend who he's LITERALLY known about two weeks (and yet says is the love of his life etc., and yet doesn't appear to acknowledge any of your all of two posts about your first anniversary with your boyfriend.

I like his parents and I get it, but the level of hypocrisy is kind of remarkable.
"Sing something new, I have nothing left. I can't face the dark without you."

: Fenrir - DB IRC : LRRFenrir - TwitchTV : @the_dismuke - Twitter :

JustAName

Postby JustAName » 19 Jan 2016, 08:44

@ Avistew: Ahhh! So rad! How did it fit? How long did you wear it? Was it comfortable? I wore a binder for ~8 hours (I know that's the max you're supposed to wear them) and it was kinda sore/didn't always bind as well as I wanted. You look great!

Fenrir: I'm sorry, dude. That sucks :/

Fenrir

Postby Fenrir » 19 Jan 2016, 08:50

Like, again, I *get it*. Especially given their current living situation (they have his Conservative Catholic grandmother who doesn't know he's gay living with them), but. It .... kinda hurt a little bit, not gonna lie.

Avistew

Postby Avistew » 19 Jan 2016, 13:56

Fayili wrote:@ Avistew: Ahhh! So rad! How did it fit? How long did you wear it? Was it comfortable? I wore a binder for ~8 hours (I know that's the max you're supposed to wear them) and it was kinda sore/didn't always bind as well as I wanted. You look great!

Fenrir: I'm sorry, dude. That sucks :/

I had some trouble getting it around my shoulders at first but then I did it again more slowly instead of letting it bundle around my neck and it was much easier. I wore it all the way down to my hips and tucked into my pants. I also tried folding it back up but then a line showed, plus I ended up with the same problem I have with the half-length binders: on of my breasts was poking out the bottom >.> Not ideal.

The main issue I had was that the arm holes are kind of big and there were some bumps there. When folding the shirt back, I could fold it up under my armpits and it flattened the bumps, but with the other aforementioned problems.

I found it really comfortable, except after a while it started digging under my arms. No trouble with my chest though, no pain, I could breathe fine. It was like a big hug :P I even did my workout with it on (that's why I'm wearing sweatpants) and it didn't restrict my movements at all, so that was very nice.

With my right breast being much larger than the left one, my main issue was that it looked like one of my pecs was way too low (the left one looks positioned normally). And if I tried lifting it up, then it gave me cleavage, which obviously isn't desired.

I think with strategically selected clothes, it would work extremely well. I didn't wear it for the whole 8 hours, only about half that, but after working out I was sweaty and got a change of clothes. My boyfriends thought I looked like a very cute guy. Fox said he was surprised how I looked androgynous without needing makeup, but Dragon said he knew a guy in high school who looked a lot like me so he wasn't surprised at all.

I'll definitely wear the shirt again, and maybe a button-up shirt with it, to see how that looks.
Fenrir

Postby Fenrir » 19 Jan 2016, 14:35

He hasn't been in the job a day and things are already up in the air...

We now have to wait STILL to see if we can even work me going to see him this year.

Not feeling particularly great right now...

Psyclone
First Video: Christmas Carolling on Halloween

Postby Psyclone » 19 Jan 2016, 16:55

Man, Fenrir, that sucks. I hope things start looking up for you soon.

Avistew, you look great! I'm glad to hear it worked because I've been feeling really masculine lately but I also have differently sized breasts so I wasn't sure if binding was worth it, but you've inspired me :)
They/them/their pronouns

twitch: armadillorampant
Avistew

Postby Avistew » 19 Jan 2016, 20:06

I'm glad I inspired you :) "hugs"
CamelKnackRambleHort

Postby CamelKnackRambleHort » 19 Jan 2016, 21:27

You look good Avistew. Glad it's working out.

Sorry things are rough Fenrir. I especially know how it can be with family and uneven treatment. It hurts.
She/her please
CamelKnackRambleHort

Postby CamelKnackRambleHort » 20 Jan 2016, 08:18

Ok, so something just happened and I am freaking out (in a good way!)

I'm on campus right now, and I just saw a trans woman presenting female (non passing) walk by. She was wearing a skirt, and a cat clearly meant for women, but who cares about her clothes that doesn't matter at all. It was someone like me.

I don't know if I can explain how big a deal that is for me. Someone like me, but confident enough to at try presenting on campus. That is like my biggest dream right now, being able to be me on campus. But I have always been too afraid to seriously consider it. I have done little things, painted my fingernails for example, but never anything on that scale. I was caught so off guard that I just defaulted to my polite no staring mode, and she was gone by the time I decided I should talk to her. I hope I didn't do anything to make her uncomfortable at the very least.

But if she can do it maybe I can too. Maybe things are safer than I thought.

I am going to head over to the LGBT resource center.
She/her please
JustAName

Postby JustAName » 20 Jan 2016, 09:23

All of that is awesome, Camel! Both campus LGBT groups/centres I have been to in my academic career have always been wonderful and welcoming places. I hope yours proves the same!

CamelKnackRambleHort

Postby CamelKnackRambleHort » 20 Jan 2016, 22:55

So I'm doing this. I am going to present in public.

I figure a good way to start is a movie. It is certainly public, but there is relatively little interaction outside of the people you bring with you. I contacted a friend (one of the friends I presented around a couple weeks ago) who works at a theater and asked him if he thinks it would be trans friendly. He says it is for sure, and a few of my friends (and my wife, of course) are going to be coming with me for support (and so I can feel safe.)

So that's the plan, I am going to try to make it happen within a few weeks, maybe even as soon as this weekend.
She/her please
AlexanderDitto

Postby AlexanderDitto » 20 Jan 2016, 22:55

Fenrir wrote:Relevant to this thread too ....

TFW your boyfriend's mom likes the ever loving hell out of his middle brother's facebook status' / photos of him with his new girlfriend who he's LITERALLY known about two weeks (and yet says is the love of his life etc., and yet doesn't appear to acknowledge any of your all of two posts about your first anniversary with your boyfriend.

I like his parents and I get it, but the level of hypocrisy is kind of remarkable.

Unequal treatment like this suuuuuuuuuuuucks!!! I know this feeling so well. :(

The only bright side is news is they will either get with the program and realize you're there to stay (and then you can rub their stupidity in their faces) or they do not matter and you can either still rub it in their faces even more or eventually block them from your life (their loss).
AlexanderDitto

Postby AlexanderDitto » 20 Jan 2016, 22:56

CamelKnackRambleHort wrote:So I'm doing this. I am going to present in public.

I figure a good way to start is a movie. It is certainly public, but there is relatively little interaction outside of the people you bring with you. I contacted a friend (one of the friends I presented around a couple weeks ago) who works at a theater and asked him if he thinks it would be trans friendly. He says it is for sure, and a few of my friends (and my wife, of course) are going to be coming with me for support (and so I can feel safe.)

So that's the plan, I am going to try to make it happen within a few weeks, maybe even as soon as this weekend.

Stay safe! Definitely bring friends. I'm rooting for you though. :) Hopefully a first step with many more exciting ones to come!

Return to “General Discussion”