The LRR wiki is back! Drop that baby and edit it!

Drop by and talk about anything you want. This is where all cheese-related discussions should go
MrL
First Video: Bad News

Re: The YRR of LRR is over, but the WIKI still needs your he

Postby MrL » 12 Jan 2015, 16:36

I'll be happy to convert as many episode pages as you can throw at me, but I'll wait for the word that all kinks have been hammered out and then do full pages rather than half and going back later.
My previous question was if I was to make the new pages smw-style or not.

My current project is MtG videos which brings me to another matter; should I use "AppearanceBy" or do we have something like "NarratedBy" or "VoiceOverBy"? (that would also work for Unskippable and pre-LRLive GPLPs)
Join me on Xbox Live, I'm Lord Zirroc
Silverfish
First Video: The Gay Chicken

Postby Silverfish » 13 Jan 2015, 08:46

For new pages, I think you could add ReleaseDate using the template, which will add the smw data, as that's settled, and if you need the smw version of other properties and I can create the templates.

For MTG videos, I think you probably should have a dedicated Drafter, or DraftingBy Property and template for drafts, and AppearanceBy for general appearances. I'll create a template once I've finished what I'm doing with Phailhaus.

Also, MTG videos have a category in the vital statistics. I've created a template (EpisodeCategory), which has a matching Property. It will link to an article for that category. I'm currently testing it on Phailhaus, as well as an EditedBy template and property. Once I've tested it, and once you have a DraftedBy template, you should have enough templates to do all the vital statistics for MTG videos in the smw style.
King Kool
Quality and Quantity

Postby King Kool » 15 Jan 2015, 20:54

Here's a thought:

We have the EpisodeCategory thing on the Phailhaus pages. That was from when there were no other series but LRR and Phailhaus, pretty much. And the navigation template adds in the category [[Category:Phailhaus]] automatically.

Maybe we don't need that to say Category: Phailhaus in the vitals at all. Like, for any non-weekly LRR entry. LRRs can be X Ways to Y and Music and etc, but Phailhauses are Phailhauses, and CheckPoints are CheckPoints, etc. etc.
a winner is you. - Ash
King Kool, you are wrong. - Graham
King Kool, shut your face. - James
This thread was creepy until KingKool made it AWESOME. - Tombrend
Why this obsession with foam implements? - Metcarfre
Silverfish

Postby Silverfish » 16 Jan 2015, 15:09

That makes sense. I don't think we need it in the vital statistics, but perhaps we should have it in the data. My idea is to have a EpisodeSeries property, and Phailhaus, Unskippable, Checkpoint have Checkpoint, and for normal LRR episodes they would have EpisodeSeries = Weekly LRR Update, and so on. In some cases you might just want to list a lot of episodes regardless of series, such as for short filmographies for people who dont appear very often, so we could create a table (or list), that would give the series name for context. Although the episode names of Phailhaus episodes include Phailhaus, it might be needed for Checkpoint, or unskippable.

Anyway, we could do that with the navigation templates I think, so we wouldn't need it in the vital statistics as well.
Silverfish

Postby Silverfish » 18 Jan 2015, 18:11

I've changed the Phailhaus episode list to a query, that lists all the episodes, as well as the credits, location and release date: http://wiki.loadingreadyrun.com/index.php?title=Phailha%C3%BCs. I have also created a template (SMWPhailhausFilmography), that gives a list of appearances in phailhaus by a particular person, in the same format as the list of phailhaus episodes. It defaults to the PAGENAME of the page it appears on if it isn't given a person to look for, which would work including it in someone's page directly, rather than a separate filmography page.

Anyway, I plan to change the Phailhaus portions of the filmographies to the template, unless anyone objects, as they give more information than the existing ones.

My plan is to start with Feed Dump next, as the existing templates for Phailhaus work well with Feed Dump, and we probably will have very few additional credits needed. Although it would be HostedBy and CohostedBy instead of AppearanceBy.

On Phailhaus, there are some locations missing, and some without articles, which I will leave for someone who knows more about the filming locations which are mainly the houses of the crew I think.
King Kool
Quality and Quantity

Postby King Kool » 27 Jan 2015, 18:27

Silverfish, a thought about the HostedBy template for Feed Dump. What determines what makes someone a "host" in the episodes where they play musical chairs a bit? Is it being the recipient of This Hat? Is it starting and ending the episode?

I think the "host" of the episode is anyone who reads the news story, thus making it that you could have someone host and cohost in the same episode. Or maybe someone who hosted at all is a host and not a cohost. Maybe this isn't necessary, and it won't come up in too many episodes.
a winner is you. - Ash
Silverfish

Postby Silverfish » 29 Jan 2015, 06:17

I'm inclined to say that there should only be one host, and that's the person who hosts for the bulk of the episode, and everyone else who appears is a cohost. It seems a bit odd to call two people the host, but having multiple cohosts would make sense. I don't think this will affect very many episodes.

As far as credits go, HostedBy and CohostedBy would be subproperties of AppearanceBy, so whichever credit someone gets, would count as an appearance as well.
Silverfish

Postby Silverfish » 29 Jan 2015, 16:34

I've changed the phailhaus filmographies to use the template, apart from for Adam Hancock, who doesn't have a filmography, and Graham, who doesn't list Phailhaus episodes, it just says he is in every episode but episode 24, I think. I think Adam Hancock probably should just have a list of everything he has been in, as his filmography isn't very long. There were a couple of episodes missing from some of the filmographies.

I've started adding the semantic data to Feed Dump episodes, using the VitalStatisticsFeedDump template, but I've only done a few episodes so far. The only wrinkle is that Penalty Calls has a stringer that is a bonus from the previous episode, which we could in theory include the cohosts for in the credits, but the credits in the video don't list them, so I think we shouldn't.
Silverfish

Postby Silverfish » 01 Feb 2015, 08:50

I've adding the vital statistics template up to episode 15. I'm watching the episodes to check the credits, and to see if there's anything else worth including in the vital statistics, such as multiple hosts.

Episode 16 has Graham as a Supervising Editor. It was listed as "Editing: Kathleen De Vere (supervised by Graham Stark)", but I've now set it up to read Editing: Kathleen De Vere, Supervising Editor: Graham Stark, to match the video credits.

SupervisingEditor is a separate parameter of the template, but I've set it up to give the supervising editor an EditedBy credit (i.e. Property) in the data, as it seems than having a separate Property just for SupervisingEditor, as I don't think it happens very often. They are separate in the template, so we can adjust the properties just by changing the template if we want to.
Silverfish

Postby Silverfish » 01 Feb 2015, 10:02

I'm up to Toe Suckin' and Cat Screamin', where Kathleen appears in a cameo from home, with Annika, as a reminder that animal cruelty isn't funny, unless it's on Feed Dump. I've given Kathleen a cohost credit, so it appears on her filmography, but we might want a CameoBy Property or something like that. I'll make a note of that, and come back to it when I see if we have any similar appearances.
Lurkon
First Video: Man Cooking: Meatshroom

Postby Lurkon » 01 Feb 2015, 12:46

Silverfish wrote:I'm up to Toe Suckin' and Cat Screamin', where Kathleen appears in a cameo from home, with Annika, as a reminder that animal cruelty isn't funny, unless it's on Feed Dump. I've given Kathleen a cohost credit, so it appears on her filmography, but we might want a CameoBy Property or something like that. I'll make a note of that, and come back to it when I see if we have any similar appearances.

Kathleen does that at least one more time, "Oh really Matt?"
Do a Pivot Table!

"Cover me in lube and call me an athlete!" ~ Kathleen De Vere
King Kool
Quality and Quantity

Postby King Kool » 01 Feb 2015, 18:31

I'm not sure if CameoBy would be an important distinction, but maybe "Archive Footage" for all the times they used Adam's clip of "AGAIN!"

February's Featured Article is Bill.

Sorry my edits have been anemic lately. I've been in kind of a funk. I'm now kinda behind on what functionality for the Semantic thing we've got worked out and what we don't.
a winner is you. - Ash
Silverfish

Postby Silverfish » 02 Feb 2015, 12:44

I've added a summary of the templates I've done, and the corresponding properties on
http://wiki.loadingreadyrun.com/index.php?title=User:Silverfish/SMW_Guide, under the summary heading. Basically, all the properties I've setup have a corresponding template that creates the heading as well, and some have a plain version that just adds the data without the heading. I've also created a template VitalStatisticsFeedDump that handles the relevant properties using named parameters (|Date = February 3, 2015, say). I'll try and keep it up to date.

That's about it I think. I'm going through the Feed Dump articles adding the VitalStatisticsFeedDump template, and looking for anything we might need a property for. And I'll make notes so I can refer back to particular episodes if I need to.
King Kool
Quality and Quantity

Postby King Kool » 09 Feb 2015, 17:23

So, when I approve an account, it apparently automatically creates their userpage with a blank page.

Neato.
a winner is you. - Ash
Radyin
First Video: A Stitch in Time

Postby Radyin » 10 Feb 2015, 09:57

Hello all. My account was recently approved and I've started working on the TapTapConcede page. I'm just getting started, but I'd appreciate some feedback on what I have so far.

http://wiki.loadingreadyrun.com/index.p ... TapConcede

Are there any other columns that should be added? Also, when I link to specific episodes for viewing, should I be linking to YouTube or the page on the LRR site with the embedded video?

After I finish with the TTC stuff, I'm happy to help out wherever is needed.
MrL

Postby MrL » 10 Feb 2015, 11:19

Welcome!
Most episodes are listed earliest at the bottom and latest at the top.

Keep up the good work.
If you're looking for ways to help check out http://wiki.loadingreadyrun.com/index.p ... ity_Portal
Radyin

Postby Radyin » 10 Feb 2015, 11:39

Thanks for that. Switched the episode order so it is newest to oldest.
AdmiralMemo
First Video: Unskippable: Eternal Sonata

Postby AdmiralMemo » 10 Feb 2015, 13:28

Radyin wrote:After I finish with the TTC stuff, I'm happy to help out wherever is needed.
About 3/4 of the LRL shows could use their own pages, if you get some time. Just something simple like the Beej's Backlog page we already have. :)
Graham wrote:The point is: Nyeh nyeh nyeh. I'm an old man.
LRRcast wrote:Paul: That does not answer that question at all.
James: Who cares about that question? That's a good answer.

King Kool
Quality and Quantity

Postby King Kool » 10 Feb 2015, 18:07

I might try to whip up a LoadingReadyLive Show Infobox for those pages. The regular show infobox probably won't work.

We should think about how Semantic data can be used in those infoboxes, too. LIke updating birthdays automatically on the On This Day thing.
a winner is you. - Ash
Radyin

Postby Radyin » 10 Feb 2015, 21:50

Question. Does the LRR wiki allow for footnotes? The ref tags (as outlined in the MediaWiki guide) aren't working.
Silverfish

Postby Silverfish » 13 Feb 2015, 07:31

Welcome to the Wiki Radyin.

It seems that footnotes are from the Cite extension (https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Extension:Cite), which isn't listed in the list of extensions the wiki supports (http://wiki.loadingreadyrun.com/index.php?title=Special:Version), so it seems footnotes aren't supported.
Silverfish

Postby Silverfish » 17 Feb 2015, 07:47

I've been adding the Vital Statistics template to Feed Dump episodes, and I'm up to episode 81, the last of 2012, so I'm about 42% done. I'm watching them all, to look for any oddities, and there are some I might re-consider, but I think l'll do that once I've done all the articles, and I'll post a list somewhere so people can add their opinions. I hope to do all the episodes before episode 200. We are currently at episode 191.
King Kool
Quality and Quantity

Postby King Kool » 17 Feb 2015, 20:12

So, it looks like we're getting the hang of implementing the Semantics stuff, as far as adding it to the database. Maybe it's time to focus on the implementation of the retrieval. Like, that example with the Doctor Who database thing, the things they put at the end of the ask commands that put the information in a certain way.

For instance, I was thinking about This Hat. What if the pictures added for This Hat just said [[This Hat::Episode Name]] as a Semantic thing within the image itself. The episodes will order itself based on the Episode Order thing already in the episodes, so the This Hat page could update once a picture of This Hat is uploaded with the proper information. All the page would have to do is say, "Bring me This Hat pictures in order."

I'm not clear on how this implementation works, but I think exploring it is the next logical step.
a winner is you. - Ash
Silverfish

Postby Silverfish » 18 Feb 2015, 12:50

I've attempted an implementation of This Hat, but I don't know how useful it is. Basically, there is a template (ThisHatImageTag) on the image caption, with parameters Caption and EpisodeName, that fills in the properties ThisHatEpisodeName and ThisHatCaption, and uses a query to get the ReleaseDate for the episode, for the ThisHatEpisodeDate property.

I've tagged the first three hat images, and I've setup a template (ThisHatGallery), that gets the images, and the properties, and sorts by ReleaseDay. One issue is that the second episode has 2 This Hats, and they end up in the wrong order for the captions, which we could adjust with another Image property. You also only get one images per line, and can't adjust the image size easily.

If we do want to go that way, we might want the Semantic Results Formats extension (which would require Paul and/or Ashton to install), which adds various formats, including a gallery (see here: https://semantic-mediawiki.org/wiki/Help:Gallery_format).

I think most of the times we might think about Retrieving data in future, we still have to put the data in there in the first place, but thinking about what we want out of the system will help determine how we store it. We can have the ability to do filmographies for phailhaus, with a template, by the way, and that will probably adapt well for Feed Dump, which I think will be the next one we can have complete.
MrL

Postby MrL » 19 Feb 2015, 03:48

Silverfish, if you made necessary templates for MtG, I could start converting those pages

Return to “General Discussion”