Loading Ready Records?

Drop by and talk about anything you want. This is where all cheese-related discussions should go
magicpokey
First Video: Paper Boy

Re: Loading Ready Records?

Postby magicpokey » 30 Jul 2010, 14:36

Ottoman: I'll use that for the insert that goes behind the plastic under the CD, can you email me the big version?

Also, It looks like I am making a full fledged album here, maybe I'll even have several printed and send them as crafts to Desert Bus 2010 (no promises though, but I'd like to try) Perhaps, if this comes to pass, the crew can sign some of the albums to be auctioned off? I don't know. I may be talking through a veil of missed sleep again...
I'm a bigger nerd than you. Not by way of intelligence, mind. But because I'm over six feet tall and more than 350 lbs.
Ottoman
First Video: How to Talk Like a Pirate

Postby Ottoman » 30 Jul 2010, 16:14

Aww, before I saw that last post, I made this:
Border wrote:Image
Anyway, here's an SVG of the plain version, or a high-quality PNG if you need it.

(Thank for reminding me why I like Photoshop so much more than Illustrator. . . )
An engine that both consumes and creates malice.
magicpokey

Postby magicpokey » 30 Jul 2010, 16:25

I have to admit I laughed at both "rock" pictures, and I'm thinking of doing a booklet insert and will include as many album art pics as are posted here (within reason).

Heck, lets make it an unofficial contest:

Best Album art for Loading Ready Rock! - Music From and Inspired By LoadingReadyRun posted here will be used for the cover.

I'll put together a proper album insert with lyrics and track information and have at least one full album printed (or more if I can afford it) to be sent as a craft-along auction item for Desert Bus 2010.

(Note: this is being done WITHOUT the express permission of anyone associated with LoadingReadyRun and is NOT an Official Loading Ready Records album release...)

(Note 2: Disclaimer: A statement made to cover ones own ass.)
I'm a bigger nerd than you. Not by way of intelligence, mind. But because I'm over six feet tall and more than 350 lbs.
2stepz
First Video: .

Postby 2stepz » 30 Jul 2010, 16:31

One word for you ar-teests...

Arrowhead
House MD
First Video: Cronologically in LRR's timeline or mine
Location: Chester, it's like where I used to live, but more northern.

Postby House MD » 30 Jul 2010, 17:14

I am so getting designing once i have gone to sleep and then woken back up
I am the physical manifestation of the Phailhaus. SO much so, my friends call me it.
magicpokey

Postby magicpokey » 30 Jul 2010, 19:10

Okay people, I'm going to bed. I did make a promise and I do try to keep my promises.

Here is a rapidshare link to the rar file containing the 17 tracks I have formatted so far as well as their info. Enjoy.

http://rapidshare.com/files/410112501/LRRecords.rar
MD5: 2DA2E2DF6077027028B0813C9B70BBC7

Goodnight all!
magicpokey

Postby magicpokey » 31 Jul 2010, 15:39

wow... all day and no responses... I'm cold and alone...
Danzama
First Video: Wireless

Postby Danzama » 31 Jul 2010, 15:45

I would redo my cover, but InkScape is a tricky program, I did download the filews though
Tally
First Video: 1337 rap

Postby Tally » 31 Jul 2010, 16:46

I may have something else you could add after AE. Only tangentally related to LRR, but you might like it. Then again, you might really really not...
Ottoman
First Video: How to Talk Like a Pirate

Postby Ottoman » 31 Jul 2010, 17:04

Tally wrote:tangentally
I see what you did there. . .
An engine that both consumes and creates malice.
magicpokey

Postby magicpokey » 31 Jul 2010, 19:51

Tally wrote:I may have something else you could add after AE. Only tangentally related to LRR, but you might like it. Then again, you might really really not...

I would be grateful for any other tracks you might want on the album. But I must confess to being confused by "after AE" I am not sure what that means (though I do feel like I may be the butt of jokes for missing this.)

And, if it's Tally singing, I can promise that I'll like it.

I have been thinking and I should be able to have at least Three albums printed, with full booklet inserts and artwork, and will be sending them as a craft-along item in one box (containing recursive packaging for each item). I will try for more but funds are limited, especially since I just spent $60+ in the LRR Store.
Tally
First Video: 1337 rap

Postby Tally » 31 Jul 2010, 22:16

Sorry, didn't mean to leave you in the dark. It's a local (Vancouver) convention, so it's totally excusable that you didn't know what I meant.

"After AE" referring to after Anime Evolution, when things that might be happening for said convention will have happened. That's in 2 weeks, August 13-15.

Sounds like you'll like it.
magicpokey

Postby magicpokey » 01 Aug 2010, 06:39

Sounds good. I look forward to it.

Now, if only I could draw... As it stands I have three pics for album art and am planning a multi page booklet (with lyrics if I can find/transcribe them all, the wiki is a wondrous thing). This is to be the insert for the CD case.

As I get deeper into this project I am starting to get a really good feeling, I'm glad I can finally do something worthwhile with my time and not just sit around and do nothing.

On a side note, the Rar file I uploaded is incomplete, I have done some touch-up on a few of the tracks to clean them up a little more and I have corrected some of the mistakes in the Info.txt. I will post another link with the redone files in a few days.

Thanks Again!
Mister Fiend
First Video: Three PS3's

Postby Mister Fiend » 02 Aug 2010, 05:13

metcarfre wrote:Fiend holding a Stampede while smoking a cigar just changed my life.

TACOS!
Danzama

Postby Danzama » 02 Aug 2010, 05:17

^
why?
Unlucky

Postby Unlucky » 02 Aug 2010, 06:36

Mister Fiend wrote:PEOPLE, I AM DISSAPOINT.

Is it bad I just have this going on in a loop in the background now? :mrgreen:
Graham in a locked thread wrote:Think before you post.
magicpokey

Postby magicpokey » 02 Aug 2010, 07:58

Okay...

That was creepy...

Funny... But Creepy...
sdhonda
First Video: Fun With Microwaves

Postby sdhonda » 02 Aug 2010, 08:08

Very nearly fell for that. But I clicked away just in time.
Dutch guy
First Video: History of Halo

Postby Dutch guy » 02 Aug 2010, 08:39

magicpokey, you'll see that a lot more before you catch on to not clicking weird and unspecific links on the forums :p
THE DUTCH!! THE DUTCH AGAIN!!!!!
Elomin Sha wrote:Dutch guy is the King of the Dutch.
Danzama

Postby Danzama » 02 Aug 2010, 09:08

I didn't see it was a link lol, clicked and pooed my pants
magicpokey

Postby magicpokey » 03 Aug 2010, 13:19

Okay. I finally got tired of stealing my Mother's Wireless internet (she lives across the street, yes, I AM living through the southern version of Everybody Loves Raymond).

So I went and ordered high speed net for my house and it is now hooked up and running smooth.

Not that any of you really cared, I'm going to get back to work now designing album art.

Speaking of that, lets see some artwork here in the thread so I can make an interesting booklet not just a plain one! Remember, the album is under the working title: "Loading Ready Rock! Music From & Inspired By Loading Ready Run"

Pics need to (1)not be obscene and (2)need to be at or scalable to the size of a standard CD jewl case insert. The LRR logo on there somewhere would be nice too. Remember, I am sending these as craft along items so the better the art the more money they will raise for Desert Bus 2010.

Also, I will credit all of the artists whose pictures I use. In fact, please let me know if you want your forum name credited or your real one (or some other made up name if you're into that kind of thing).

Thanks all!
magicpokey

Postby magicpokey » 06 Aug 2010, 20:32

Wow, ok. Four days without a reply. Either this thread has died (because I have inadvertently offended someone) or else this is such an awesome idea that people's minds are blown and no one is able to respond yet.

I'm leaning towards the former, but then, I'm a pessimist.

Either way. I'm gonna keep working until someone tells me to stop.

Merry Met and Blessed Be Folks...
magicpokey

Postby magicpokey » 16 Aug 2010, 20:28

Just so you know... I'm still here and still planning to finish this project. Thanks for the support.
Zodiacprince
First Video: Ways To Fall Asleep

Postby Zodiacprince » 16 Aug 2010, 20:31

I would kill for that album!! I literally mean that I would take someone's life for that music, which I could get for free from youtube using an audio ripper.
As the disbelieving friend said to the inventor of the feces powered helicopter "This shit will not fly!"
- Ben "Yahtzee" Crowshaw

OMGItsSarah
First Video: Offensisensitivity

Postby OMGItsSarah » 16 Aug 2010, 20:44

I tried to download it, but apparently it's not uploaded on a Premium account and thus can only be downloaded 10 times, and it's reached its limit.

I would like it, though. Could you re-upload it?

Return to “General Discussion”