The Mixed Emotion Thread

Drop by and talk about anything you want. This is where all cheese-related discussions should go
Cybertrash
First Video: Bros Clubbing Bros

Re: The Mixed Emotion Thread

Postby Cybertrash » 25 May 2015, 12:44

Going to Tokyo tomorrow.... It's awesome but Im super nervous :O
Lord Chrusher
Can't Drink Possible Beers
First Video: Door to Door

Postby Lord Chrusher » 25 May 2015, 17:43

I felt the same way before I went to Japan.
We are all made of star dust. However we are also made of nuclear waste.
Remember to think before you post.
MinniChi
First Video: Your Very Own Prom

Postby MinniChi » 30 May 2015, 15:15

Got sent home early from work . . . Time off, but also less money . . .

I work on a golf course and we had a thunderstorm today, so I'm not in trouble.
No trees were killed to send this message, but a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced
2stepz
First Video: .

Postby 2stepz » 31 May 2015, 17:30

Trying to get up the gumption to contact a real estate agent tomorrow about buying a house... gaaaah!
MinniChi

Postby MinniChi » 05 Jun 2015, 10:51

I work on my birthday this year. Normally I don't mind, but my son will be in school while I am home, and in bed before I get home.
Also I get to make a birthday cake to share with everyone I work with. :-)
No trees were killed to send this message, but a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced
Merrymaker_Mortalis
First Video: ENN's First Episode on Escapist

Postby Merrymaker_Mortalis » 05 Jun 2015, 11:22

Delay your celebrations of your Birthday.

I had an exam on my Birthday the year before last, and that really sucked.
MinniChi

Postby MinniChi » 05 Jun 2015, 11:35

Or I could move them up, my birthday is Wednesday, but my only day off (barring thunderstorms) is Monday. I don't have another day off until the week following. And I don't have that schedule yet.
JustAName
First Video: Rapidfire I
Location: The Land of Unbearably Fashionable People and Lots of Cars

Postby JustAName » 10 Jun 2015, 07:46

Didn't get the other scholarship I was hoping for. And I wasn't counting on it, exactly, but I was hoping pretty strongly. So at the end of it all, I only have 3k in scholarship, and I'll have to take out 14k in loans (this is all euro), so I'll be back up to close to 20k in loans counting the leftovers of my undergrad loans. I probably should have taken another year to work and pay off my loans and actually build up some money, but waiting another year would have been miserable. So I guess we made the right decision, and I know that we'll be okay overall, it just feels really crushing to be in that much debt.
Alja-Markir wrote:Andy is the LRR Heart-throb.
Morgan is the LRR Crotch-throb.

And all I can do is read a book to stay awake. And it rips my life away, but it's a great escape.

My pseudonym is Ix
First Video: Canadian Girlfriend

Postby My pseudonym is Ix » 11 Jun 2015, 05:38

Something that isn't much fun: A hangover

Something slightly more fun: The thought of how many others there are who will be feeling even worse than you this morning
"Let us think the unthinkable, let us do the undoable, let us prepare to grapple with the ineffable itself, and see if we may not Image it after all."
MinniChi

Postby MinniChi » 13 Jun 2015, 07:57

Just got back from the doctor's office. Doc said he's about 98% sure my older one is ADHD. Now I have to relearn everything to help him.
On the very bright side, now the school can stop telling me he's a bad kid, because he isn't.
Merrymaker_Mortalis

Postby Merrymaker_Mortalis » 13 Jun 2015, 09:36

MinniChi wrote:Just got back from the doctor's office. Doc said he's about 98% sure my older one is ADHD. Now I have to relearn everything to help him.
On the very bright side, now the school can stop telling me he's a bad kid, because he isn't.

My mum had the sameish experience you had with me.

I was diagnosed with Oral Dyspraxia. This was after months of my mum being convinced that I was... different and my headmaster being OH IT'S OK STUPID WOMAN. HE'S JUST A CHILD. CHILDREN ARE ALL THE SAME AND NONE OF THEM HAVE THESE THINGS THAT WILL CAUSE DIFFICULTY IN ADULT LIFE IF LEFT UNDIAGNOSED. NOT LIKE THERE ARE 40 YEAR OLDS NOW WHO HAVE THINGS LIKE DYSPRAXIA AND THEIR LIVES ARE UTTERLY SHIT BECAUSE NO ONE EVER TOLD THEM WHAT THEY HAD.

(I have a friend who is suffering from something that is beyond "social anxiety" and evidently, he was never referred to be seen for anything as a child. He has a chaotic and unhappy life clinging onto The Word of God as guidance and I see a man that needs a mental diagnosis.)

It's good you know this now. It's not something you want to find out later when damage may has been caused by people assuming your child does not have ADHD.
MinniChi

Postby MinniChi » 13 Jun 2015, 13:47

I am extremely happy to finally have a direction to go in order to help him succeed and to have something to bring to the school since they seem determined to label him a problem child. Not so happy to have him under a label. I've known he is different for a while, but had no idea how to proceed. Now I have to learn behaviour modifications for the whole family (extended family included). That being the only poopy part.
Merrymaker_Mortalis

Postby Merrymaker_Mortalis » 13 Jun 2015, 14:16

You'll develop skills which will help you be better at interacting with people with different needs.
Merrymaker_Mortalis

Postby Merrymaker_Mortalis » 16 Jun 2015, 07:48

I had a job interview today.
On a metal box in the interview room was the name ABEL, the name of my very dear friend.

So, that was, nice..?
BlueChloroplast
First Video: something on the escapist

Postby BlueChloroplast » 16 Jun 2015, 18:25

Minnichi I have ADHD (inattentive type) myself, so feel free to ask me questions about my experiences. The TDSB has a document called an Individual Education Plan (IEP) that is created for the student and among other things states the accommodations that must be given. Get information on this; the school might require a psychologist's assessment. If you want to learn more about ADHD I got a link that lists some good books from an accessability person at university: http://caddra.ca/public-information/adu ... ed-reading
MinniChi

Postby MinniChi » 17 Jun 2015, 18:29

BlueChloroplast wrote:Minnichi I have ADHD (inattentive type) myself, so feel free to ask me questions about my experiences. The TDSB has a document called an Individual Education Plan (IEP) that is created for the student and among other things states the accommodations that must be given. Get information on this; the school might require a psychologist's assessment. If you want to learn more about ADHD I got a link that lists some good books from an accessability person at university: http://caddra.ca/public-information/adu ... ed-reading

Thank you very much! It looks like I got a lot of reading to do. My dad said a disability certificate will make it easier to get an IEP, so we have to get some government documents signed by the doctor. Who made me adult? I'm not suited to adulting. (seriously though, I may end up picking your brain)
the_lone_bard
First Video: Black box...i think.

Postby the_lone_bard » 18 Jun 2015, 04:09

24 hours from now, I will be watching either the beginning or middle of Blind Guardians show at the Hi-Fi. (Great place, amazing acoustics, especially for a small underground bar/live venue that SHOULD by rights be just one giant echo.)
I'm gonna love it no matter what, my stomach problems can go to hell and I figured out the night rider bus schedule to get home. Buuuuuuuuuuut. Why do these guys needa be so inconsistent! I have no idea what setlist I'm gonna get, looking at their last 5 shows in the tour, there's 5 different setlists.

I'm pretty confident I'm getting some things, since those are constant. But, the second half of the list, am I getting mostly older work I'm not too familiar with, or am I gonna get a list practically tailored to me, Bright Eyes, Blood Tears, Skalds and Shadows, A past and future secret, Mirror Mirror, Imaginations from the other side, And the Story Ends... The last half of every one of their setlists looks like a selection from about 30 different songs, 10 I love, 10 I like, 5 I'm not familiar with at all and 5 I don't particularly care for (But are still far above 90% of what I hear anyway.) Like I said, it's not like I'm gonna have a bad time, I'd just like to know if I'm gonna lose my mind at the awesome in the first or second half of the show, and because I don't know that, I'm nervous... I'm actually nervous about whether it's gonna be awesome or super awesome, way to go brain!
Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/lone.bard
MsN: Thelonebard@live.
Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/TheLoneBard
Twitter: Thelonebard

I'm mean because you're stupid.
fantôme
First Video: mtgo drafts

Postby fantôme » 18 Jun 2015, 09:11

I'm kind of the opposite there, I find it somewhat disappointing when a setlist is predictable (ie. their most recent album plus a crowd favourite or two). The best gigs I've been to are those from a band with a large & varied back catalogue, where they play all sorts of unexpected. Different strokes.
the_lone_bard

Postby the_lone_bard » 18 Jun 2015, 09:26

Hey, I'm with you there in some respects. If this show was just gonna be Through the Red Mirror + Mirror Mirror and The Bards Song, I'd be dissapointed as hell going in. Like I said, I'm gonna love it regardless, but I'd just like to know if I should expect a great show, or if the second half is literally just taking a "best of" playlist I have out of winamp.
It just seems like hey, first 6 songs of the night are done? Let's play whatever songs we feel like for however long we feel like playing now. And yeah that's great, I'm gonna get a pleasant surprise since there's no way they can avoid all of my "favourite" songs, I have that many. But it'd be nice to know if I could know whether or not one of my absolute favourites (For BG this would be Born in a Mourning Hall, Maiden and the Minstrel Knight, And the Story Ends, The Throne, Curse my Name, Time Stands Still {at the iron hill} Mirror Mirror and Another Holy War.) or if I'm not gonna get to hear any of those live. I know I wont get Maiden and the Minstrel Knight, that's not in any of the set lists. But, who knows if I'll get any of those others, or none at all.

Merrymaker_Mortalis

Postby Merrymaker_Mortalis » 21 Jun 2015, 07:28

I was talking to someone in Church today and their breath smelled like someone else's breath who I am very good friends with.
So it was a nice yet on reflection gross reminiscent moment.

The breath was coffee and he was wearing cologne, so I have a cologne coffee smell which was nice.
My pseudonym is Ix
First Video: Canadian Girlfriend

Postby My pseudonym is Ix » 21 Jun 2015, 10:08

I'm starting a new job tomorrow.

It's a year-long placement in my field (Mechanical Engineering), covering an area tangentially related to what I hope my eventual career path to be. So the work is going to be good, and honestly it doesn't worry me too much- after my job last summer, I reckon I got a lot of that kind of apprehension out of my system. I'm moving to a new city too- kinda annoying that I'll be away from my friends at uni, but I'm only 20 minutes down the road and anyway- I can make new friends and find new things to do.

But it still scares me.

It's not work. It's not the moving. It's... the worry that I won't move on. Or make the most of it, maybe. This time last year, I looked at where I was, and all the friends I've made, and said to myself "This year is going to be awesome- let's see if I can kick on and ditch some of the baggage, tick a few more boxes". Stuff like relationships, like learning to cook and care for myself, like getting some sense of identity and what I 'do' nailed down. And... this year has just been really, really hard. I've felt very lonely at times, and I've not really grown any closer to my friends- in some ways, I'm more distant. And I've not made any progress regarding relationships (although you could argue my outlook is better now), and I've not made any progress on my self identity (although I've tried, and added a few more elements just to enhance the confusion), and... OK, I have learned to cook a bit, but have offset that by rapidly losing fitness and letting my refereeing lapse. And I know a lot of this might just be the D talking, and I know I keep getting told to stop dwelling on the bad, but...

I guess I just don't want, six months down the line, to be sitting in my room, alone, with nobody to talk to and nothing to do. I've got everything I need to make this go so, so right. I just hope I can pull it off
"Let us think the unthinkable, let us do the undoable, let us prepare to grapple with the ineffable itself, and see if we may not Image it after all."
the_lone_bard

Postby the_lone_bard » 21 Jun 2015, 22:03

I had almost all of my Iron infusion. Next 4-6 weeks for it to be absorbed. I did not become Iron Mang. Mostly because Iron Mang does not have a mild, extremely delayed allergic reaction to Iron.

Seriously, 5 of 6 hours into it, out of onwhere, lips start to feel a little swollen, heart keeps starting to race then stopping, air is getting thicker, start stumbling over words and memory goes clear out the window... 5 hours! I admit I was borderline having an anxiety attack the first half hour because new and not exciting stuff happening and feelings inside my body, but then clear for 4.5 hours.

Still, I did just get 1600mg of Iron shoved through me. I was the first one in there and the last one out before they close, so yay getting towards being healthy again XD

fantôme
First Video: mtgo drafts

Postby fantôme » 25 Jun 2015, 02:03

Intentional mental blocks to fight chronic pareidolia means I struggle to recognise actual people.

Balances...
Merrymaker_Mortalis

Postby Merrymaker_Mortalis » 25 Jun 2015, 02:43

Signing on for Job Seeker's.

Get money.
Now vulnerable to the Department of Work and Pensions.

Wish me better fortune this time round!
Dutch guy
First Video: History of Halo

Postby Dutch guy » 28 Jun 2015, 06:27

Just watched the latest SpaceX launch, and probably the most expensive live-streamed explosion so far...

"we've had a non nominal flight" indeed :P
THE DUTCH!! THE DUTCH AGAIN!!!!!
Elomin Sha wrote:Dutch guy is the King of the Dutch.

Return to “General Discussion”