The Mixed Emotion Thread

Drop by and talk about anything you want. This is where all cheese-related discussions should go
Fezzul
First Video: Toothy Smile

Re: The Mixed Emotion Thread

Postby Fezzul » 06 Oct 2011, 17:55

I will consult with a lobsterologist on the matter...
-----------------------------------------
And that's the news. Skeptics remain skeptical.
Duckay
First Video: Man Cooking

Postby Duckay » 07 Oct 2011, 00:50

So, I'm talking about work to my fiancé, when suddenly he reaches over and scruffs my hair affectionately. Then, when I finish my sentence, he says, "You have Matt hair." ... "It's really soft!"

I'm not sure whether to find that funny or not.
Avistew
First Video: Can't remember

Postby Avistew » 07 Oct 2011, 01:23

You sure he didn't mean matte? Was he referring to the person Matt?
Check out my webcomic, The Meddlers! (Currently not updating)
Duckay

Postby Duckay » 07 Oct 2011, 01:58

He started laughing after he said it and started telling me about how apparently that's true in real life as well as in Commodore Hustle, that Matt has really soft hair and doesn't like it because it's hard to manage.

At first, I wasn't sure if I'd parsed his sentence correctly, as well. Then I realized, yeah, my fiance really did try to compliment me by comparing me to Matt Wiggins.
Master Gunner
Defending us from The Dutch!
First Video: How To Talk Like A Pirate

Postby Master Gunner » 07 Oct 2011, 03:19

Matt DOES have soft hair. And he's adorable.
TheRocket wrote:Apparently the crotch area could not contain the badonkadonk area.
Twitter | Click here to join the Desert Bus Community Chat.
Geoff_B
First Video: Installation Anxiety

Postby Geoff_B » 07 Oct 2011, 03:30

Duckay wrote:He started laughing after he said it and started telling me about how apparently that's true in real life as well as in Commodore Hustle, that Matt has really soft hair and doesn't like it because it's hard to manage.

At first, I wasn't sure if I'd parsed his sentence correctly, as well. Then I realized, yeah, my fiance really did try to compliment me by comparing me to Matt Wiggins.

How can that be anything but a compliment? :D
Twitter|Google+|Tumblr|Facebook|Steam|Skype: gmbridges

I survived spaMEGAdon and all I got was this lousy signature joke.

#TeamMonica, #TeamMaki, #TeamTavis
Vigafre
First Video: Halo: The Future of Gaming

Postby Vigafre » 07 Oct 2011, 07:06

Question, Duckay:

Are you and *ialreadyknowwhoitis* trying to keep your fiancéship on the DL? Cuz it sure does seem like that.

Sorry if I'm intruding.
Duckay

Postby Duckay » 07 Oct 2011, 13:41

Oh. No? I didn't realize I was coming across like that, though i kind of see what you mean. I think not naming names is just out of habit.
Fezzul

Postby Fezzul » 07 Oct 2011, 13:53

I said a girl had elfish ears today. She didn't like it. I emphasized that these were 'cool elf' ears. Not like Santa's elves, but like Tolkein's elves.

I also said that I felt like her nose was pointing at me. She didn't like this either.

I apologized on both counts, but I wasn't trying to be a dick in either case. I made it clear to her that she has a very nice face, I was just saying things that sounded right in my brain.

I think we're ok, but it was an odd moment.
Deedles

Postby Deedles » 07 Oct 2011, 15:03

It sounds like one time when I told a guy that I wanted to make a character in WoW that looked as much like me as possible, and thus I made a human female with same skin and hair colour. He went on to ask me why I didn't make a dwarf instead. I asked him if he was taking the piss, and he replied that he genuinely thought female dwarfs are really cute and awesome, because they're dwarfs.
Hurp-De-Durp!
RAIC

Postby RAIC » 07 Oct 2011, 16:15

Vigafre wrote:I was fairly certain this was a lobster.

So to clear up my confusion: this is a crab, right?

Back on topic: I want to go to a Nerd-Fighters meeting tomorrow, but I don't know if I will have enough time for homework left... Going is yay, but not all homework done causes boo.
tak197 wrote:Guys! A Good Looking Ginger DUDE! We have the internet equivalent of a unicorn in our presence.
Vigafre
First Video: Halo: The Future of Gaming

Postby Vigafre » 07 Oct 2011, 16:19

Duckay wrote:Oh. No? I didn't realize I was coming across like that, though i kind of see what you mean. I think not naming names is just out of habit.

All right, that clears it up. I've been wondering for a while but I never bothered to ask.
Fezzul

Postby Fezzul » 07 Oct 2011, 16:39

Well, having consulted my lobsterologist and last weeks podcast I have determined that I did not, in fact, post a picture of a lobster, but my learned colleague did.

RAIC wrote:So to clear up my confusion: this is a crab, right?

Don't be silly, crabs can't survive in water.
Tapir12
First Video: Kei Kon 2004

Postby Tapir12 » 07 Oct 2011, 21:00

I'm home for Thanksgiving with my family...

...but they are more interested in the football, baseball, hockey and video games on TV.
Things I like and maybe you will too:
AIESEC | Monster | Juuni Kokki | Vienna Teng | Guide To Canada
empath
First Video: How to Talk Like a Pirate

Postby empath » 08 Oct 2011, 18:14

So, the last song I heard on the muzak at work was this.

On one hand, even the store itself is telling me to move on, but on the other, I'll doubtlessly go through another miserable phase of unemployment where I'll grab desperately at the first menial position I get the slightest response from...dammit I wanna move UP in the employment world, not down again!
auberginequeen
First Video: Rejected 'Get A Mac' Ads

Postby auberginequeen » 08 Oct 2011, 20:00

After rewatching every episode of That Mitchell and Webb Look I now can't help but read everything as though David Mitchell were narrating it to me in my head.

I don't know if this is good or bad, but it's certainly interesting.
JustAName
First Video: Rapidfire I
Location: The Land of Unbearably Fashionable People and Lots of Cars

Postby JustAName » 08 Oct 2011, 22:50

I did that a month or two back, but it didn't happen to me! I am disappoint.
Alja-Markir wrote:Andy is the LRR Heart-throb.
Morgan is the LRR Crotch-throb.

And all I can do is read a book to stay awake. And it rips my life away, but it's a great escape.

Fezzul

Postby Fezzul » 09 Oct 2011, 00:27

I tend to narrate my life either as JD from Scrubs or Richard Dreyfuss from 'Stand By Me'. It's the only way my life makes sense to me.

I also tend to speak to myself in my head as if I'm writing my own autobiography years from now. Because my life seems more comforting when viewed with the retrospect of a handsome, well-endowed, rich, successful actor/musician/nerd-legend/all-round-righteous-dude.

I'm not insecure...
Avistew

Postby Avistew » 09 Oct 2011, 03:40

My fiancé is finally visiting me in France after 5 months we had to spend apart for visa-related issues. I'm really, really excited about that.
Then after ten days we're leaving back to the US together, where if all goes right I'll stay for 4 months.

That's the good emotions.
The bad ones?

Well, there is a lot I need to do to make sure everything is ready. Then there is no guarantee I'll be allowed in the US for the whole 4 months I'm hoping for, or even at all (they're always allowed to refuse me entry at the border, in which case I'll have to take another 12 hour plane back).
Then after the 4 months are over (if I get to go there), I have no idea when we can be together again. And I miss him. A lot. And if we're apart for longer next time it's going to be pretty horrible :(

I can't wait to go to the US for real and stay there, and get a job. Oh yeah, the other bad emotions: I can't work in the US. I'll also lose my welfare that I get in France (I haven't found a job while I was here. Ever Mickey D didn't call back. It's depressing) which makes sense (why would France give me welfare when I'm in another country) but I'm worried I would be entitled to get it back when I come back, and well I'm not as confident I'll find a job as I was last time I got back to France (five months ago, if you haven't been following).

I'm also on antidepressants that cause some sexual issues (not loss of libido, but a harder time reaching orgasm) and I'm worried it will strain our relationship, but I can't just stop it in the middle.

On that note, the doctor isn't sure he can get me enough medication to last for the whole 4 months I'm away, and I need to take it for 8 months overall, and it's only be a month since I started.

Anyways. Lots of very good things happening, but also a bunch of worry that things won't last or that some things just won't happen at all. Really, my main concern is being let into the country.
Ahlir
First Video: Unskippable

Postby Ahlir » 09 Oct 2011, 04:43

Don't panic about that antidepressants. I've been on them for years and I have the same problem. I've found if you just explain the situation straight up most guys understand. Some even take it as a challenge. So that's one less thing you should worry about.
I'm afraid I can't help with the other stuff. Except give you a virtual hug *hug*.
Also look its Paul distraction.
* Disclaimer: The person writing this has no idea what she is talking about.*

Image ImageImage
Avistew

Postby Avistew » 09 Oct 2011, 05:00

Yay! Paul!

Thanks, Trixy :) *hug*. I'm feeling better. I'm sending another hug back your way for good measure.
*hug*.
Fezzul

Postby Fezzul » 09 Oct 2011, 09:35

I know some of your pain Avistew. I'm an international student in the US now, I need a job to help pay my way through, but the only place I can work is at my school because of my I20, and they aren't hiring till December/January most likely.

I'm trying to pave my way through by starting to teach guitar privately. We'll see how that works out.

That might be a way for you to stay in the US though... to become a student and qualify for a student Visa. Choose a course you like and you have always wanted to do, or an easy course that's cheap, but that's the bare minimum for a visa. It takes a bit of time to process, but it might work.

Best of luck.

And *hug* too.
Avistew

Postby Avistew » 09 Oct 2011, 10:44

*hug* Fezzul. I'm considering it. It's pretty expensive to study in the US though so I'm a bit worried about that. But I guess I can find courses that are cheaper than most. I'll look for them when I'm there on my tourist visa, that's an option for next time :)
Fezzul

Postby Fezzul » 09 Oct 2011, 10:58

There is also the classic 'Marrying in to a Green Card', but I'm not sure what the situation with you and the fiance is regarding something like this. Could be sticky.

Alternatively, you could apply for Canadian citizenship, move to Montreal (They're big on French speaking immigration, apparently) and try and get a Canadian passport. If you have a Canadian passport it's a lot easier to visit the States.

Or both of you just move to Canada, because it's quite a nice place.

This is all off-hand knowledge by the way, you'd want to research the details properly before committing resources to any of this. And as always, the golden rule of immigration is "Bend the rules, don't break them."
Master Gunner
Defending us from The Dutch!

Postby Master Gunner » 09 Oct 2011, 11:14

Yeah, getting into Canada isn't any easier than getting into the states these days, sadly. Quebec just has the added hurdle of only allowing people in that speak French.
Last edited by Master Gunner on 09 Oct 2011, 11:15, edited 1 time in total.
TheRocket wrote:Apparently the crotch area could not contain the badonkadonk area.
Twitter | Click here to join the Desert Bus Community Chat.

Return to “General Discussion”