Venting Thread Beta

Drop by and talk about anything you want. This is where all cheese-related discussions should go
JustAName
First Video: Rapidfire I
Location: The Land of Unbearably Fashionable People and Lots of Cars

Re: Venting Thread Beta

Postby JustAName » 29 Aug 2010, 17:01

I will gladly help you kill him. Just let me know. You have my sword (actually).
Alja-Markir wrote:Andy is the LRR Heart-throb.
Morgan is the LRR Crotch-throb.

And all I can do is read a book to stay awake. And it rips my life away, but it's a great escape.

empath
First Video: How to Talk Like a Pirate

Postby empath » 29 Aug 2010, 17:27

A little too far for me to help...but I don't know how, but I'm willing to provide an alibi (we were both on msn or similar live chat at the time of *ahem*)
Misty
The Goddamn Batman
First Video: Suspend Your Disbelief

Postby Misty » 29 Aug 2010, 17:37

Fayili wrote:I will gladly help you kill him. Just let me know. You have my sword (actually).

AND MY AXE!

No, but seriously, I'm all for this plan. That guy sounds like he more than deserves to have his face beat in.
2stepz
First Video: .

Postby 2stepz » 29 Aug 2010, 17:42

While I agree that the dude needs to be taught a lesson or two, taking him out of the picture won't solve the problem. If she's that codependent, she will just find another user/abuser to latch herself onto. She needs help, and nothing in this cycle will change until she's is ready to do that herself.
empath

Postby empath » 29 Aug 2010, 17:51

I don't seek to solve everything forever with just one act, but I plan on making the world a safer and better place with that act.
JustAName
First Video: Rapidfire I
Location: The Land of Unbearably Fashionable People and Lots of Cars

Postby JustAName » 29 Aug 2010, 18:09

I've been the crutch for my damaged friends for long enough to want to do unto others first. If I can prevent more people from being hurt... I'm usually a Healer, but I can be a Defender.
Alja-Markir wrote:Andy is the LRR Heart-throb.
Morgan is the LRR Crotch-throb.

And all I can do is read a book to stay awake. And it rips my life away, but it's a great escape.

Alja-Markir
Trebuchet Enthusiast

Postby Alja-Markir » 29 Aug 2010, 18:19

Per being a performer...

Wash vigorously beforehand, do your laundry with extra rinsing beforehand, wear gloves, forcibly constrain hair, dress non-descriptly, destroy garb afterwards. Do not discuss.

Per technique, indirect cause and effect is always best. Mechanical failures are merely that. If indirect cause and effect is untenable, retain all instrumentation. Ensure instrumentation is generic, ubiquitous, non-descript: low- or no-tech trumps in most cases. Distance is beneficient. Minimize line of sight. Minimize contrasting sound levels. Efficiency is good, but do not rush.

Alternate possibilities to deeply, DEEPLY consider: discovery / recording of sensitive information and subsequent disclosure to certain interested parties.

~Alja~
Last edited by Alja-Markir on 29 Aug 2010, 18:22, edited 1 time in total.
OMGItsSarah
First Video: Offensisensitivity

Postby OMGItsSarah » 29 Aug 2010, 18:22

I am sick.

With EVERYTHING at once.

Just getting over some lady issues which are nearly better but not quite. Then I get a cold, which means I constantly need tissues, so my nose is all red and dry and sore and my throat hurts and I'm coughing a lot and periodically feel like gagging.

And THEN I eat some yoghurt, making sure to take a lactose pill so that I don't die, but I get sick ANYWAY.

Ugh. I am staying home from school tomorrow.
Ottoman

Postby Ottoman » 29 Aug 2010, 18:28

Alja-Markir wrote:Per being a performer...
Final step: get Paul to delete this thread beforehand.
An engine that both consumes and creates malice.
Alja-Markir
Trebuchet Enthusiast

Postby Alja-Markir » 29 Aug 2010, 18:45

I don't see how this thread's deletion has anything to do with advice for street performance, do you?

I'm sick and tired of the sorts of people who give slipshod and lackluster performances, so I'm venting my frustration. If they can't follow basic procedures of professionalism, they need not bother.

~Alja~
Ottoman

Postby Ottoman » 29 Aug 2010, 18:57

Well, I wouldn't want to leave any evidence of doing street performance.

But obviously, I can see why you'd be upset if someone else was doing it wrong.
An engine that both consumes and creates malice.
Bananafish

Postby Bananafish » 29 Aug 2010, 19:08

http://public.iwork.com/document/?a=p87871739&d=History_Report-_the_deception_of_english_rule..pages

I completely lost it at 'white burden' card. My friend sent this to me and apparently it's a fucking college essay.

holy fucking shit.
tak197
Feito Com Fruta
First Video: How To Talk Like A Pirate

Postby tak197 » 29 Aug 2010, 19:28

FUCKING HOLLYWOOD! COME UP WITH ORIGINAL IDEAS, JACKWAGONS!

http://www.examiner.com/tv-in-national/justin-bieber-to-star-back-to-the-future-remake

Seriously, I don't see movies these days because nothing merits paying 12 bucks to see one in the theaters. But COME THE FUCK ON! This is a bullshit move trying to capitalize on pre-teen girl allowances.
Alja-Markir
Trebuchet Enthusiast

Postby Alja-Markir » 29 Aug 2010, 19:42

No, no, no, no, NO, NO, NO, NO!!!

Those movies are to remain unsullied. If not, I will be tempted to resort to street performance.

~Alja~
Agloriouscuppa
First Video: Unskippable

Postby Agloriouscuppa » 29 Aug 2010, 19:50

I guess their is only one thing to do. We have to nuke Hollywood. I'm afraid I cannot stand idly by any more. I get that maybe Hollywood is having trouble coming up with film ideas and it seems easy to just remake a classic. BUT COME THE FUCK ON! Really? That's who you want to put in it? There is so much original material just begging to be made into films. The reason people say the film industry is failing is because you've lost your bloody minds! You twats seem to forget that films need to have interesting stories, and people who can fucking act. Not some autotuned twaddle for which 12 year old girls swoon over. Gah, so angry, why did you think this was okay news.

When will this nonsense end?
It doesnt help does it?

Shameless Deviant Art plug... Twitter
empath

Postby empath » 29 Aug 2010, 19:54

Alja-Markir wrote:No, no, no, no, NO, NO, NO, NO!!!

Those movies are to remain unsullied. If not, I will be tempted to resort to street performance.

~Alja~

That is now going to be my favourite euphemism for...well, any unpleasant response to enraging things. :mrgreen:

Oh, and yeah, totally agree.

...I wonder if our parents/grandparents/etc. felt the same way about remakes of their classics when we were wee?
Alja-Markir
Trebuchet Enthusiast

Postby Alja-Markir » 29 Aug 2010, 19:54

The Society of The Spectacle...

Guy Debord may have been a pretentious dipshit with no skill for writing or communication of cohesive thought, but it is frightening how at least some of his work's underlying concepts were accurate predictions of the future.

~Alja~
Agloriouscuppa
First Video: Unskippable

Postby Agloriouscuppa » 29 Aug 2010, 19:59

Aside from KingKong which I believe has been remade 3 times at least, is there really any other film which was remade before the recent stream of remakes.

I will say there is one remake I think I'll love and that is the remake of the Dam busters because its being done by Peter Jackson and they've remade 10 full scale Lancaster bombers, and have also picked up the only surviving pilot as a technical advisor which suggests they're taking it seriously. Which is good because The Dam busters is one of my favourite films of all time, second only to A Bridge Too Far
It doesnt help does it?

Shameless Deviant Art plug... Twitter
Mister Fiend
First Video: Three PS3's

Postby Mister Fiend » 29 Aug 2010, 20:06

Alja-Markir wrote:Per being a performer...

Wash vigorously beforehand, do your laundry with extra rinsing beforehand, wear gloves, forcibly constrain hair, dress non-descriptly, destroy garb afterwards. Do not discuss.

Per technique, indirect cause and effect is always best. Mechanical failures are merely that. If indirect cause and effect is untenable, retain all instrumentation. Ensure instrumentation is generic, ubiquitous, non-descript: low- or no-tech trumps in most cases. Distance is beneficient. Minimize line of sight. Minimize contrasting sound levels. Efficiency is good, but do not rush.

Alternate possibilities to deeply, DEEPLY consider: discovery / recording of sensitive information and subsequent disclosure to certain interested parties.

~Alja~

Ah, a fellow professional! How nice to encounter someone who understands the importance of preparation and strict adherence to procedure when one goes about executing one's professional duties. I am rather adept at street performance, having given notable performances in San Francisco, Los Angeles, Boston, and many repeat performances in Baltimore and Washington D.C. I'd have hardly drawn the attention of my honored patron if I hadn't possessed a proclivity and flair for the art! And he is fond of my work, often demanding encore after encore!

A tip of the trilby to you, Sir Demigod! Perhaps one day you will honor me and my patron with your presence at one of my spontaneous performances? We'd love to hear your opinion of my work. Perhaps discuss a private performance for one J. Bieber...
metcarfre wrote:Fiend holding a Stampede while smoking a cigar just changed my life.

TACOS!
empath

Postby empath » 29 Aug 2010, 20:26

Agloriouscuppa wrote:Aside from KingKong which I believe has been remade 3 times at least, is there really any other film which was remade before the recent stream of remakes.

Well, aye; 'monster' genres like Dracula and the sort. Stephen King's Silver Bullet was a remake of the ol' lycanthrope story.

Side note: oy, I feel old; Megan Follows is in her forties now, Corey Haim is DEAD, and Gary Busey?

He's...well...yeahhhhh...

I will say there is one remake I think I'll love and that is the remake of the Dam busters because its being done by Peter Jackson and they've remade 10 full scale Lancaster bombers, and have also picked up the only surviving pilot as a technical advisor which suggests they're taking it seriously. Which is good because The Dam busters is one of my favourite films of all time, second only to A Bridge Too Far

:shock: DO WANT!!

or, as a Google Search found for me:

Master Gunner
Defending us from The Dutch!
First Video: How To Talk Like A Pirate

Postby Master Gunner » 29 Aug 2010, 21:09

Agloriouscuppa wrote:Aside from KingKong which I believe has been remade 3 times at least, is there really any other film which was remade before the recent stream of remakes.

The Maltese Falcon was a book written in 1930, made into a film in 1931, remade as Satan Met a Lady in 1936 after the Hayes Code made it impossible to re-publish the original (and showed only the barest of resemblances to the source material), and remade again into the most famous version in 1941. There were also three different radio adaptations/remakes by 1950. A spoof of it was also made in 1975 for the silver screen.

Or I could just direct you the the Wikipedia section of the '41 version dealing with the adaptations.

So to answer your question: Yes. There have likely being remakes since the very beginning of film.
TheRocket wrote:Apparently the crotch area could not contain the badonkadonk area.
Twitter | Click here to join the Desert Bus Community Chat.
Lyinginbedmon
First Video: BioShocked

Postby Lyinginbedmon » 30 Aug 2010, 02:04

Okay, I know you're concerned in a fatherly fashion about this, but stop asking me where I stand with uni now.

I've done the referral work, the house is sorted, and I've not heard a thing from uni yet. All I can tell you, over and over, is what I know about the circumstances of my referral work, which you expressly stated you already know.

I DON'T KNOW WHAT HAPPENS NEXT UNTIL THEY CONTACT ME.

So asking me where I stand four times a week is not helping at all, it's just REALLY annoying.
Morgan wrote:Lyinginbedmon is short, but he makes up for it in awesomeness
theDreamer
First Video: Quantum Documentary

Postby theDreamer » 30 Aug 2010, 05:14

I'm not sure if that's worse than whenever I get a letter my dad asking the second I unfold it what it says.

I don't know what it says, I need to read the fucking letter.
I can put my hands in my head, and I can laugh it in the face.
auberginequeen
First Video: Rejected 'Get A Mac' Ads

Postby auberginequeen » 30 Aug 2010, 05:26

I want to pack up all of my clothing but I can't yet because I still need to wear some of it.

But the cleaning routine set up by my brain says it's time to put away/pack my clothing.

But I CAN'T.

BUT I CAN'T GET PAST THE FACT THAT IT'S THE NEXT LOGICAL STEP IN MY PACKING.

PUTTING THEM AWAY WOULD MAKE THE REST OF MY PACKING MUCH MORE EFFICIENT.

I thought of maybe keeping what I think I should wear this week out and put the rest away but in my mind IT ISN'T DONE THEN.

AND I WANT IT TO BE DONE ARGH.

Like I left some of my socks in my sock drawer but THEY HAUNT ME BECAUSE THEY'RE STILL THERE IT ISN'T DONE NOOOOOO!

*probably clinically insane*
Mad Madam Mimm
First Video: Omnilingual
Location: Merry Ol' England. An almost interesting place. Almost.

Postby Mad Madam Mimm » 30 Aug 2010, 07:15

FUCK'S SAKE

Is it me? Is it my fault?

Spend a year trying to better myself, end up alienating and nearly losing my best friend of nine years.
Spend a summer trying to create at least a sense of calm or not-homicidal-rage in the family home, end up getting sid friend annoyed at me because I have no energy left to help sort out bills and rent and stuff in the house we're going to move into.

Then another friend who I've not been able to meet up with just because of clashing schedules sends me a message and I really can't reply because I know I'll just upset her or make it seem like she's inconvenienced me.
Fuck.
FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK

It's gotta just be me. I'm so emotionally retarded that I can't balance having a life with friends and a life with family. That's what I've been seeing a counsellor last year for, isn't it? My inability to deal with emotions like a sane adult?
Why the fuck do people continue to placate me? It's gotta be bullshit, cos I have problems. It's not for real. They don't really give a shit. It's all been lies, hasn't it?
Yaxley wrote:I think life occasionally needs someone to ask "Okay, seriously guys. What the hell is going on?"

2 Students, 1 Alien (1 cat, 1 blob and several supporting characters, not to mention weekly sillies)

Tap-dancing Transvestite Ventriloquist

Return to “General Discussion”