Venting Thread Beta

Drop by and talk about anything you want. This is where all cheese-related discussions should go
Alja-Markir
Trebuchet Enthusiast

Re: Venting Thread Beta

Postby Alja-Markir » 16 Jan 2011, 21:21

I keep having strange flashes of memory. Things I never did, places I've never been.

I'm certain that they are quite different from hallucinations or vivid dreaming. They do not impede my faculties, distort my perceptions, or in any other way resemble any sensory delusion I've ever suffered. They actually feel like memories - they come to mind unbidden, like remembering a fragment of one's childhood at an odd moment.

And like memories they are strongly rooted in the senses. Sounds, textures, tastes, smells. Things familiar, but which I know I've never experienced.

They give me the willies.

~Alja~
Deedles
First Video: Man Cooking

Postby Deedles » 17 Jan 2011, 06:52

Well, one of the theories that they say support the theory of reincarnation is flashes of of images that feel like memories, knowing things that you shouldn't know. Like one story was about a brittish boy who was drawing things from Africa, yet he'd never been there of been in contact with any images that showed those things. They thought that it could be because he was from there in an earlier life.

I don't really have an opinion on the subject as such ... I believe that it could be possible, but no one can no for certain, so I'm comfortable with the idea that it'll always be guessing.
Hurp-De-Durp!
aeric90
First Video: How to Talk Like a Pirate

Postby aeric90 » 17 Jan 2011, 08:12

Oh for fucks sake people! When it's a double door there are TWO DOORS! Use them both! Open the other one and use it instead of blocking it and waiting for the crowd comming the other way to file through you stupid, stupid, stupid person! ARGH!
Join The War Against Pants
http://twitter.com/aeric90
xdeathknightx
First Video: It's Magic

Postby xdeathknightx » 17 Jan 2011, 09:29

Stay or go stay or go. One side of me wants to see this out to the end, the other side realises I have been dreading to go more and more and knows staying will mean more hours and more dreading to go. Going means uncertainty on a lot of front but will open up space to finally move
goat

Postby goat » 17 Jan 2011, 09:58

aeric90 wrote:Oh for fucks sake people! When it's a double door there are TWO DOORS! Use them both! Open the other one and use it instead of blocking it and waiting for the crowd comming the other way to file through you stupid, stupid, stupid person! ARGH!

The best is when you're the person to open that door. You're like the crowd's jesus.
Follow a derelict account:

http://www.twitter.com/goat1
Drinnik
First Video: http://www.escapistmagazine.com/videos/v

Postby Drinnik » 17 Jan 2011, 11:03

Dear drivers on the A12 and A14;

When the rain is as heavy as it was today, it makes me glad when you;

a) Drive with no lights on, especially as visibility is reduced to about 15 feet.

b) Drive 3 feet from my bumper at 65 mph.

Kudos, you fucks, kudos.

Yours,

Drinnik.
dackwards d wrote:You'd think that anyone in the sciences would at least be open to experimentation.

The Jester
First Video: The Truce

Postby The Jester » 17 Jan 2011, 14:12

You know what I learnt from my family? That I can't depend on them. That their advice is untrustworthy. That I can't confide things in them. That I can't have any peace when they can still contact and communicate with me. Seriously; when I move out I feel right now like just blocking them for six months, or even more.

I honestly, completely do not understand the feeling of being loved by them. All I feel is put upon. I don't feel comfortable, or at peace, or safe, or supported emotionally. I feel like at any moment someone will come blundering in to wherever I am to talk at me about a verity of possible subjects I DON'T GIVE A SHIT ABOUT, and that makes me feel like I can't relax.

The phrase "blood is thicker than water" means literally nothing to me.

I don't fight with them over all my frustrations because I don't like conflict, but fuck if it doesn't leave me with too much pent up fury.

GOD DAMMIT YOU TALENTLESS ATTENTION WHORE, STOP PLAYING THAT FUCKING GUITAR AND GROW UP. YOU'RE 18, NOT 10.

:evil:
Darkobra
First Video: ISC: Goat Penis

Postby Darkobra » 17 Jan 2011, 14:16

It really sucks trying to plug up the leaks of a sinking boat alone when everyone else is content to watch the anarchy. In my diploma year. Where people claim to WANT to work.
Lyinginbedmon wrote:You are clearly some form of incorporeal undead.
Like a vampire.
But with knives.
iamafish
First Video: Crime and Punishment

Postby iamafish » 17 Jan 2011, 14:17

god damnit skype! log me in you little bastard!
Thoughts From a Fish Bowl<------ my blog...

My Twitter

iamafish never wrote:the male trouser snake is evidence that evolution has no sense of aesthetics
Lyinginbedmon
First Video: BioShocked

Postby Lyinginbedmon » 18 Jan 2011, 02:35

My Twitter is rapidly becoming a catalogue of my sleep pattern issues and its really beginning to irritate me.

And this time, I know the cause: The extreme workload we've had over the past two weeks. Except that workload is done with, so now it's my devastated sleep schedule filled with spite.
Morgan wrote:Lyinginbedmon is short, but he makes up for it in awesomeness
Deedles

Postby Deedles » 18 Jan 2011, 03:15

I hate being ill ... I woke up today, sneezing my brains out, and got out of bed just to feel like I was standing on the deck of a boat in the middle of the ocean, and my stomach doesn't feel safe .. it really doesn't. Oh god, I hate being ill ...
Hurp-De-Durp!
The Jester

Postby The Jester » 18 Jan 2011, 06:46

I hate being dizzy. Augh. DX

Hope you start to feel better real soon. :)
Deedles

Postby Deedles » 18 Jan 2011, 07:05

The Jester wrote:I hate being dizzy. Augh. DX

Hope you start to feel better real soon. :)

I'm already on it, I'm making stir-fry today, potato with turkey meatballs and vegetables tomorrow, etc.

That always tends to be my "defence mechanism" when I get ill, all of a sudden I start planning all my food, every step of the way ... and loads of tea, bucket loads of it. 8D
Hurp-De-Durp!
elvor
First Video: It's Very Simple

Postby elvor » 18 Jan 2011, 10:40

Computer virus ffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffu
Mowinckel
First Video: Bump in the night

Postby Mowinckel » 18 Jan 2011, 12:11

I am getting damm tired of my university. they are supposed to teach me about Information technology but in 6 month there website have bin down 33% of the time and my teck-history teacher strait-faced call the competition between Apple and Microsoft a "friendly competition".. WHY IS HE GIVING ME LECTURES WHEN I SHOULD BE THE OTHER WAY AROUND
plus this is the 3 time i have gone missing in there damm archives... ARE YOU EATING THE LETTERS DAMM YOU
If I'm half-mad, then which do you think I consider my better half?
TheRocket
First Video: Those Games That We Played

Postby TheRocket » 18 Jan 2011, 12:18

Dear New Neighbours,

First off, you guys are really loud, but that is cool, so are we. But you bought a puppy. A babbbbbbbbbby dog. And all he does while you are gone all day and I am home all day is CRY for you. Like this whimpery high pitched cry. It's a little annoying, but more so, it breaks my fucking heart to listen to him all day. You guys are gone 10 + hours a day, and all he does is cry constantly. I wish I had enough balls to knock on your door and offer to take him during the day for walks and company, but I feel that would be rather weird and intrusive.

Bah </3
Walk in like DeNiro, and leave like Brando.

You're living proof that Darwin was a moron.
The Jester

Postby The Jester » 18 Jan 2011, 12:31

Maybe get your husband to do it, unless you took his balls already? ;P

My vent; I wish I could get someone, anyone, to pay me to do anything for 16 hours a week or more. Seriously, I can make loads of different kinds of things. If I can say I'm doing that for more than 16 hours I can sign off and never have to go back to that godawful place you call the Jobcenter ever again.
Well.. except I'd need to go in to sign up for New Business Support or whatever it's called.

I can't relax, can't throw myself at a task, while I've still got that on my back. ARGH!

I reckon it'd take me maybe two months to put together a 16 page comic. Bear in mind it takes about four pros to do this in one.
Then I could go sell it, and say "Yes, I have customers, I have constant work, I have a plan, please give me a little money to help me get off the ground" and then I could start my life.

But no. I gotta stay trying to figure out how to balance all this shit and it's getting too much. I'm more than sick of it.
TheRocket

Postby TheRocket » 18 Jan 2011, 13:03

The Jester wrote:Maybe get your husband to do it, unless you took his balls already? ;P

It doesn't matter who does it, it would still be inappropriate and awkward, kinda like your comment.

Ottoman
First Video: How to Talk Like a Pirate

Postby Ottoman » 18 Jan 2011, 13:49

Only if they're oversensitive. . .
An engine that both consumes and creates malice.
Deedles

Postby Deedles » 18 Jan 2011, 13:54

TheRocketSiobhan wrote:Dear New Neighbours,

First off, you guys are really loud, but that is cool, so are we. But you bought a puppy. A babbbbbbbbbby dog. And all he does while you are gone all day and I am home all day is CRY for you. Like this whimpery high pitched cry. It's a little annoying, but more so, it breaks my fucking heart to listen to him all day. You guys are gone 10 + hours a day, and all he does is cry constantly. I wish I had enough balls to knock on your door and offer to take him during the day for walks and company, but I feel that would be rather weird and intrusive.

Bah </3

If they'd really get offended by that then they obviously don't give two shits about their dog and shouldn't have one ... I think you should give it a go and ask. =]
Hurp-De-Durp!
goat

Postby goat » 18 Jan 2011, 13:55

Meh, fuck it. Do it. You'd get all the joy of having a puppy while not actually having to have a puppy.
------------------------

Really guys? It took that for you to remember I was bored and in town? I suppose I shouldn't look a gift horse in the mouth, but... really? Also, not looking forward to being pressured to do that again. I don't mind it, but I'd rather not participate. There is nothing I hate more than having to find new ways to refuse you.
-------------------------

Dear potential employers,
Hurry the fuck up. There are people that depend on your decisions for, ya know... life. I know that employers belong to one of those select old-world caste of entities. You know, the ones that take days/weeks/months to operate, but christ, I'm going nuts here. If you treated your sex partners like you treat your potential employees, you'd never get laid.
-------------------------

And you, sir! Don't get me started on you. Six months ago it was "yeah, the posting will be up in a week or two" and then nothing. Absolutely nothing. And now you have two spots, working where I want to work, in a field I want to work in, but I don't care about what you're researching and you've proven to be a cock (even just unintentionally a cock). But damned if working for you wouldn't solve a lot of problems. Ethically I should tell him to go fuck himself to the moon, but I'm nearly broken enough to go beg for a job there. Jesus christ.
Follow a derelict account:

http://www.twitter.com/goat1
TheRocket

Postby TheRocket » 18 Jan 2011, 14:10

Yeah, I don't think that is a good way to meet neighbours. "Hi there, your dog cries when you are gone. Mind if I take care of it?"

It pretty much implies that they are shitty dog owners because they have to work. At least the dog has a home... it jsut breaks my heart to hear it cry constantly because it misses it's hoomiz and wants love.

Deedles

Postby Deedles » 18 Jan 2011, 14:14

Well, couldn't you try to rephrase it to sound more like, hmmm, "Hello. I'm your neighbour, I know that you work long hours and I often hear your dog cry while you're away, because of that I thought that maybe I can help, take it for walks and keep it company until you come home?"

Make it sound more like you want to help them out rather than judging them as bad owners. =]
Hurp-De-Durp!
TheRocket

Postby TheRocket » 18 Jan 2011, 14:17

I still that that is overstepping your bounds and being a douche. But hey, that's just me and everyone else here seems to think otherwise. Yet I don't feel like making enemies with my neighbours because some people online think it's a good idea.

Deedles

Postby Deedles » 18 Jan 2011, 14:28

Your decision at the end of the day, no one can disagree with that. ^^
Hurp-De-Durp!

Return to “General Discussion”