Venting Thread Beta

Drop by and talk about anything you want. This is where all cheese-related discussions should go
Mister Fiend
First Video: Three PS3's

Re: Venting Thread Beta

Postby Mister Fiend » 19 Jan 2011, 18:32

Why is it after you subject me to a quarter hour tirade on the dangers and inferior nature of processed food do you proceed to order THE most severely processed nearly non-food "meat" that we sell? Seriously, it looks like sheets of rubber when you cut it. It's called "Valu Time", and you think it's quality? They couldn't be bothered to spell "value" correctly, what makes you think they put any effort into their products? For not even dollar more you can get turkey that at least looks like FOOD.

Other customer, you spent as much time complaining about how long it takes to cook a pizza as it would have taken to actually cook your pizza.

Other OTHER customer, turkey ham is NOT that difficult a concept to comprehend. It's turkey made up to look and taste like ham.

Other other OTHER customer, you can't get drunk on bourbon chicken, the alcohol cooks out. Also, our bourbon chicken contains no actual bourbon.
metcarfre wrote:Fiend holding a Stampede while smoking a cigar just changed my life.

TACOS!
falconknight06
First Video: Unskippable: Lost Planet

Postby falconknight06 » 19 Jan 2011, 18:37

Fiend, do you work in a Kroger?
Actually 3 falcons in a trench coat
TheRocket
First Video: Those Games That We Played

Postby TheRocket » 19 Jan 2011, 18:43

Mister Fiend. I feel your pain. I used to work at an organic grocery store so I was subject to all sorts of nutty conversations and complaints. The best was the lady that bought hundreds of dollars worth of groceries and DEMANDED I type the PCU in instead of scanning it, because the lasers will alter the genetic makup of her food and give her cancer. Also, I was not allowed to weigh her produce on the scale at the register(the one with those hateful alien lasers) , but to weigh it on the metal scales at the produce section and maually calculate how much it would be. I was one out of 2 cashiers. HILARE.

My next favorite one was the old lady that asked me if rubbing broccoli on my skin turns me on.

good times.
Walk in like DeNiro, and leave like Brando.

You're living proof that Darwin was a moron.
sdhonda
First Video: Fun With Microwaves

Postby sdhonda » 19 Jan 2011, 18:57

Does that lady even fucking know what DNA is? If the plants were still fucking seeds than maybe should could worry, but the the fucking thing has picked, and it's cells are not regenerating. The DNA does not matter.

Fucking people can't think these days.
Ottoman
First Video: How to Talk Like a Pirate

Postby Ottoman » 19 Jan 2011, 19:22

sdhonda wrote:Does that lady even fucking know what DNA is? If the plants were still fucking seeds than maybe should could worry, but the the fucking thing has picked, and it's cells are not regenerating. The DNA does not matter.
Or, even more simply. . . NON-IONISING RADIATION IS NON-IONISING.
An engine that both consumes and creates malice.
empath
First Video: How to Talk Like a Pirate

Postby empath » 19 Jan 2011, 19:38

*hugz Fiend*

Kindred soul!

It will get better - someday soon, you might get to interact with a customer that ISN'T a moron...maybe.

Despite all the regular situational idiocy I get from customers,

despite all the noise and disruption from the renovations (they're digging up the floor to set plumbing for our NEW deli),

despite all the shit of the utterly USELESS assistant manager we've got (it's a pity, I actually like her, but she cannot do this job - we're regularly running out of stock on popular items because someone didn't order enough (or ANY); not a single day goes by when we don't have to call someone in on their day off because someone left a shift un-assigned on the schedule; she's constantly changing things just for the sake of change; she CANNOT be talked to about anything and is an utter brick wall; she's sloppy and 'cut corners' as all get out:

Everyone eventually has a 'closing shift' where mostly it's just clean up, be around to serve the few customers that show up after say eight o'clock and finally turn out the lights and cover up stuff.

The big task is 'turn the salad case' - bring in each bowl of coleslaw, potato salad, etc. in the service case, top up or replace or just 'turn' each salad into a fresh bowl, and then put back in the case.

We've usually got about thirty salads in that damn case; it takes over an hour to do.

But not now; in the past couple of weeks, we've had our selection pared back (in three cases, yes the supplier stopped making them) and now we've got maybe eighteen in that same case (with more garnish to fill the open space. Guess who was behind this?

And more than once when she has been on the 'closing shift' and I happened to be working evening chicken cook alongside her, she's 'glossed over' the whole task, and 'completed' it in about twenty minutes; she's leave any remotely full salad bowls as is (regardless of how dry they'll get if they're NOT turned), and essentially do as little as possible.

I (me, a plain-jane, regular employee) have hauled co-workers into the walk-in freezer for a chewing out for making less mess than the shit I've witnessed from her! (and I hate confrontation)

She'll take people off of their regular duties (which can't be done by others) and get them to 'help' her with her food production or the like.

She's just simply TOXIC to the entire workplace, and unfortunately, her superior the Deli Manager, either hasn't noticed or hasn't had the chance to do anything about this (she's been missing a fair bit of work herself because her mother's...well, it won't be long. :( )

I am NOT kidding when I say there's mutiny in the air; there's been several gatherings where just about everyone has mentioned grievances they have against AssMngr, and there's plans to organize a LARGE meeting with the Deli Manager about her subordinate.

Add to which, Sobeys is currently doing their annual employee survey where they bug us to do a brief five-minute anonymous phone survey to tell them how we feel about our jobs and the workplace we're in and whatnot, and then they keep badgering everyone for another six weeks to do the damn survey, wait a few months for the Gallup people they pay a lot of money to compile the data and give them stats to hold department meetings to discuss the results and ask for suggestions on improving (which never goes well, because speaking up RENDERS THE ANONYMITY OF THE SURVEY POINTLESS!)

...I really think my store's deli is going to get some INTERESTING survey results from this - with questions like "Do you have all the tools and supplies you need to do your job correctly?", "Do you feel your opinions matter at work?" and "Would you recommend Sobeys as an employer to others?" :roll:

Despite all the above, today was...nah, who am I kidding? Today sucked; even the weather got really strong cold winds (which blew right into the store due to work they're doing with the reno), and it was raining buckets when I left to come home.
TheRocket

Postby TheRocket » 19 Jan 2011, 19:44

Ottoman wrote:
sdhonda wrote:Does that lady even fucking know what DNA is? If the plants were still fucking seeds than maybe should could worry, but the the fucking thing has picked, and it's cells are not regenerating. The DNA does not matter.
Or, even more simply. . . NON-IONISING RADIATION IS NON-IONISING.

Oh, believe me, she would not listen when I tried explaining that is not how it works. There was EPIC facepalming.

Ringo803
First Video: Whiskey Tango Foxtrot
Location: Satellite of Love, Somewhere over Lexington, South Carolina

Postby Ringo803 » 20 Jan 2011, 02:36

Let me just describe it in Ska Punk Song Title form

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QVF8NvDZ_XA
In the grim darkness of the far future there is only war...and other things that are not war.

I survived spaMEGAdon and all I got was this lousy signature joke.
goat

Postby goat » 20 Jan 2011, 07:40

@fiend: my favorite is my step-mother. She's so concerned about my father's and her own health, and will not hesitate to spew forth the latest herbal supplement nonsense... and then proceed to dish up fried chicken for dinner.

True story: Her doctor prescribed her some sort of preventative medication (I've since forgotten which organ due to facepalming too hard). When asked about what the doctor said she replies "Oh, I just threw out the brochure he gave me. I don't want to put that poison in my body". IT'S FUCKING MEDICATION. THE LIST OF SIDE EFFECTS ARE NOT A LIST OF TRAUMAS THAT WILL BE UNAVOIDABLY ASSIGNED TO YOU, AND NOT DYING AND HAVING SIDE EFFECTS WOULD HURT A HELL OF A LOT LESS THAN DYING.

One more gem: upon learning that I was studying biochemistry in college her first idea of broaching a topic for discussion was, "So, you must be learning all sorts of things about how the food we eat nowadays is so terrible for us and doing awful things to our bodies". No. Just no.
-------------

@ringo: soon enough you'll be playing:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=exg_b0B-RFs
Follow a derelict account:

http://www.twitter.com/goat1
MattAn
First Video: You're Kidding

Postby MattAn » 20 Jan 2011, 12:48

goat wrote:Dear potential employers,
Hurry the fuck up. There are people that depend on your decisions for, ya know... life. I know that employers belong to one of those select old-world caste of entities. You know, the ones that take days/weeks/months to operate, but christ, I'm going nuts here. If you treated your sex partners like you treat your potential employees, you'd never get laid.
-------------------------
And you, sir! Don't get me started on you. Six months ago it was "yeah, the posting will be up in a week or two" and then nothing. Absolutely nothing. And now you have two spots, working where I want to work, in a field I want to work in, but I don't care about what you're researching and you've proven to be a cock (even just unintentionally a cock). But damned if working for you wouldn't solve a lot of problems. Ethically I should tell him to go fuck himself to the moon, but I'm nearly broken enough to go beg for a job there. Jesus christ.

...Are you sure we aren't the same person? Because this is pretty much exactly my current situation here in Perth.

Right down to the cockhead manager that has promised me an interview "during the next hiring period", yet every time I go into the store (to purchase things), there are new people.

Hell, I went in to pre-order something a few days ago. There was ONLY ONE PERSON BEHIND THE COUNTER. ONE. PERSON. She was the ONLY EMPLOYEE working in the entire store. There were at least 6-7 customers either browsing or lining up. Apparently it's a normal shift for her.. Then some other guy showed up later on. That's not cool. HIRE MORE STAFF, DIPSHITS.

Ugh.. If anyone here has wondered why I've been kind of an ass or late to threads, but only wanting to stick up for someone being ganged up on or even have a simple, somewhat belated point of view (due to neglecting the forum), that would be why.
Not to sound rude to my fellow forumers, but lately, I've had far more important and serious things to attend to. Forgive me for being overly apathetic about anything ever.
The Jester
First Video: The Truce

Postby The Jester » 20 Jan 2011, 12:59

It's cool, man. I don't think any of us (except maybe Gunner... >.>) would begrudge you making RL stuff your priority. ;)

Good luck finding a job! Idiot employers are idiots. :P
Deedles
First Video: Man Cooking

Postby Deedles » 20 Jan 2011, 14:06

I'm not looking forward to when I stop studying and start working ... Not looking forward to it.

Edit: Why do I fail at everything I do? -_-
Hurp-De-Durp!
Metcarfre
First Video: Not Applicable

Postby Metcarfre » 20 Jan 2011, 14:18

Starting work is pretty freaking awesome, actually - once you get a job. :)
Deedles
First Video: Man Cooking

Postby Deedles » 20 Jan 2011, 14:20

metcarfre wrote:Starting work is pretty freaking awesome, actually - once you get a job. :)

Yeah, it's the "once you get a job" part that scares me. >;
Hurp-De-Durp!
gcninja

Postby gcninja » 20 Jan 2011, 14:26

fuck you, I set up two stations, with only two of us running the line. Then I find out, 5 minutes before my break and 20minutes before shes supposed to come in that the damn lady called in. How do I find this out? a busser mentioned it to me, NOT YOU, her. and she called HALF AN HOUR AGO. I would have gone on break not knowing the lady is not coming in to set up her station, the one that takes the longest to do, and would have came back with only 15minutes to set up.
When you tell me this I make a groaning sound, sorry its annoying to find out the HOUSE MANAGER is too irresponsible to mention this when you have to walk by ME to get to your office and cant mention it. What do you say after i make the sound? "Oh well". OH WELL?! and it sounded demeaning! dammit women. So in record time, TWENTY MINUTES, something the line lead who worked here for years it took 45minutes i get it done. BUT NO, while doing this, you bring some lettuce to me and BITCH that the top ones are a little wilted, and you give me attitude by asking if I should eat it and pay for it? i reiterate, FUCK YOU. I am both pissed that after setting up THREE stations and your sorry ass forgetting something KIND OF IMPORTANT that I have to listen to you bitch, and i'm also mad i somehow forgot to respond with "Oh well" Who cares if I got written up, FUCKING WORTH IT

Good news, the girl was talking with her father and it somehow came up that he trusts me. He also knows that he intimidates (read:scares) me.
EJ wrote:Lyinginbedmon, I'm looking forward to when Paul or Graham reset your & Elomin's post count back to zero. If you keep it up it's bound to happen =p

Noblesse Oblige
Buksvager!
goat

Postby goat » 20 Jan 2011, 14:49

Pretty sure I'm not you, MattAn, as we seem to be in different hemispheres, but misery always loves company.

the amativeness
Location: America, where everyone sues everyone, always, for everything.

Postby the amativeness » 20 Jan 2011, 15:02

gcninja wrote:blah blah blah

You REALLY need to talk with "upper management". Even just a casual mention that "it would be nice to have more than 20 minutes warning about a call off, especially if the call comes in an hour ahead of time.
zA: How do I relax?
Evil Jim: Jerk off.
Frozengale: You know you're on the internet when Masturbation is the first suggestion.
TheRocket

Postby TheRocket » 20 Jan 2011, 15:19

MattAn, I think you still don't get that no one was mad at you for being late to a thread.

Mister Fiend

Postby Mister Fiend » 20 Jan 2011, 15:30

Look at that fat sack of crap. I fucking HATE that guy.
metcarfre wrote:Fiend holding a Stampede while smoking a cigar just changed my life.

TACOS!
The Jester
First Video: The Truce

Postby The Jester » 20 Jan 2011, 15:34

Aw, don't be so hard on him. You can tell him from me that I think he's pretty cool. ;)
gcninja

Postby gcninja » 20 Jan 2011, 15:44

you never know, he could be a badass like kenneth
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sR62WFl5Cv0
EJ wrote:Lyinginbedmon, I'm looking forward to when Paul or Graham reset your & Elomin's post count back to zero. If you keep it up it's bound to happen =p

Noblesse Oblige
Buksvager!
Mister Fiend

Postby Mister Fiend » 20 Jan 2011, 15:50

Also, don't fucking take pictures of me at work and then post them on Facebook. What are you trying to prove, that you're a psycho bitch? You've been doing that ever since we broke up. And who the fuck told Morgan where I work now?

TACOS!
gcninja

Postby gcninja » 20 Jan 2011, 16:13

RESTRAINING ORDER! TO THE RESCUE!
seriously, thats some creepy shit man

Noblesse Oblige
Buksvager!
goat

Postby goat » 20 Jan 2011, 16:16

word.

sdhonda
First Video: Fun With Microwaves

Postby sdhonda » 20 Jan 2011, 18:28

Add to which, Sobeys is currently doing their annual employee survey where they bug us to do a brief five-minute anonymous phone survey to tell them how we feel about our jobs and the workplace we're in and whatnot, and then they keep badgering everyone for another six weeks to do the damn survey, wait a few months for the Gallup people they pay a lot of money to compile the data and give them stats to hold department meetings to discuss the results and ask for suggestions on improving (which never goes well, because speaking up RENDERS THE ANONYMITY OF THE SURVEY POINTLESS!)

Aye. We recently had a survey at our store, regarding our store manager. Everyone has to take it. Including the night staff. Who have almost no contact with him, and thus can only really answer a handful of questions on the thing. And there is no "I don't know" or anything. It's really ****ing stupid.

Return to “General Discussion”