Venting Thread Beta

Drop by and talk about anything you want. This is where all cheese-related discussions should go
Wraith
First Video: Canadian Approval Board

Re: Venting Thread Beta

Postby Wraith » 21 Jul 2011, 07:30

It's 101F/38.3C where I live right now. What's worth, with the humidity, it's supposed to feel like 115F/46.1C. The best part? I can't run the AC in my car because it's poisoning me due to all the fluids leaking on to the hot engine block. In other words, 2 minutes outside and I feel like I haven't showered in a month. Fuuuun.
-Wraith
Matt
LRR Crew

Postby Matt » 21 Jul 2011, 08:38

I've been getting very sick and tied of the grey, overcast, 18C weather we've been having here on the coast of BC. The birch tree in my back yard is already losing its leaves because it thinks it's october.

... Then I turned on the weather channel this morning, and discovered that temperatures are ranging from 35C to the mid forties everywhere else in canada, and that several 50 year heat records are expected to be broken today.

Now I'm not so grumpy about the clouds.

-m

I am not angry at you.
Vanguard
First Video: Unskippable: Lost Planet

Postby Vanguard » 21 Jul 2011, 08:47

Matt, I would happily trade your slightly overcast weather for my high 90's/100 degree (38C) weather that feels like the inside of Mother Nature's moist armpit.

Speaking of which, the shift over from Portland's very cool and damp climate back to KC's hellscape? Fucking horrible. While we're also on the subject of crappy things happening upon my return home I think I caught the fucking T Virus at the airport, the muscles in my shoulder feel strained and my house looks like a disaster area because my brother has the IQ of a Styrofoam cup and doesn't know how to actually maintain a house on his own for nine days.

Oh, and my air conditioner looks like it's on it's last legs, which is just wonderful when the weather literally feels like Hell outside. Dante's Third Circle of Hell to be specific. The gluttony one with the human filth raining down from the sky.

Christ, I can't leave my home unattended for even a few days, can I?
ImageImageImageImage
Gollom
First Video: Gay Chicken

Postby Gollom » 21 Jul 2011, 08:55

Vanguard wrote:Oh, and my air conditioner looks like it's on it's last legs, which is just wonderful when the weather literally feels like Hell outside. Dante's Third Circle of Hell to be specific. The gluttony one with the human filth raining down from the sky.

This is the most perfect description of what it's like outside right now. It smells like yeast and burnt Corn Flakes because of the brewery. Hot, sticky, suffocating yeasty Corn Flakes.

On the plus side, I braved the yeasty humid murder smell to run an errand, and FINALLY bought a slushie. It's fantastic in all it's 400 calorie and 47~ grams of sugar glory.
TheRocket
First Video: Those Games That We Played

Postby TheRocket » 21 Jul 2011, 09:08

Vanguard, Van and vic are never slightly overcast. It's like the ultimate tease. It's dark, grey, heavy, apocalyptic overcast. From what I hear the west coast has been under clouds and rain the better part of summer :(

I dunno, I like the heat... I have AC in the house so I can go in and out as I please. The humidity is nice for my hair. I do wish Wraith had AC in the car.. I'm not used to my waist sweating. But maybe it will be like a faux conture wrap and I'll lose a couple dress sizes for the hour ;)
Walk in like DeNiro, and leave like Brando.

You're living proof that Darwin was a moron.
Matt
LRR Crew

Postby Matt » 21 Jul 2011, 09:15

TheRocket wrote:Vanguard, Van and vic are never slightly overcast. It's like the ultimate tease. It's dark, grey, heavy, apocalyptic overcast. From what I hear the west coast has been under clouds and rain the better part of summer

Truth. We've had maybe five days above 20C so far. June is usually rainy, but July is normally really nice. It's the one good month of the summer. (august spends it's time either raining or 38C).

So, it's been a real drag. Overcast, chilly, windy, raining. It's been especially bad the last few days, with the clouds breaking around 8 at night, late enough that we see the sun, but it's incapable of doing fucking ANYTHING to warm the temperature up.

Having been a lifetime BC resident I don't really get seasonal affective disorder - I'm very used to overcast and rain, but this stretch of weather is wearing on even my nerves. I hate hot weather, and I'm STILL missing the sun.

-m

I am not angry at you.
Stinkychops
First Video: Some unskippable thing. It was all right

Postby Stinkychops » 21 Jul 2011, 09:20

I always see people crossing their arms while wearing tank tops to give the impression of having muscular biceps but never point it out.
I'm kind of a big deal.
gcninja

Postby gcninja » 21 Jul 2011, 09:29

Wraith wrote:It's 101F/38.3C where I live right now. What's worth, with the humidity, it's supposed to feel like 115F/46.1C. The best part? I can't run the AC in my car because it's poisoning me due to all the fluids leaking on to the hot engine block. In other words, 2 minutes outside and I feel like I haven't showered in a month. Fuuuun.
Matt wrote:I've been getting very sick and tied of the grey, overcast, 18C weather we've been having here on the coast of BC. The birch tree in my back yard is already losing its leaves because it thinks it's october.

... Then I turned on the weather channel this morning, and discovered that temperatures are ranging from 35C to the mid forties everywhere else in canada, and that several 50 year heat records are expected to be broken today.

Now I'm not so grumpy about the clouds.

-m

Jul 21
Abundant sunshine High 89/31° Lo 44F/6C :D
As graham says, sssuuuuuuucccccckkkkk it
EJ wrote:Lyinginbedmon, I'm looking forward to when Paul or Graham reset your & Elomin's post count back to zero. If you keep it up it's bound to happen =p

Noblesse Oblige
Buksvager!
Ottoman
First Video: How to Talk Like a Pirate

Postby Ottoman » 21 Jul 2011, 09:37

Okay, nothing personal Matt, but you reminded me of this - I am fucking sick and tired of people complaining about the weather being overcast or chilly. It makes no goddamn sense. What weather would you like instead? What could possibly be nicer than an overcast, chilly day?

Do you honestly think that sunshine would be better? So that you can't go outside for more than a few minutes at a time? So that all the asphalt and concrete and metal gets hot, and every reflective surface glares in your eyes? Or would you rather it just outright rain, so that you have to deal with an umbrella or walk around in a damp hoodie, and get your shoes all wet if you want to go outside?

Seriously, when it's overcast and with a bit of breeze, you can barely tell the difference between being outside and inside, except that you might have to throw a jacket on. What the fuck is there to complain about that?

18° to 20° is room temperature. Why would you ever want anything higher?
An engine that both consumes and creates malice.
Stinkychops

Postby Stinkychops » 21 Jul 2011, 09:40

So that you can go to the beach. Have a picnic. Hang out with some mates outside as the sun sets in comfort. Have a cold beer pleasantly. See easily. Exercise easily. Not have to wear heaps of layers.

Not everything revolves around avoiding sweat stains.
I'm kind of a big deal.
Matt
LRR Crew

Postby Matt » 21 Jul 2011, 09:43

Ottoman wrote:Okay, nothing personal Matt, but you reminded me of this - I am fucking sick and tired of people complaining about the weather being overcast or chilly. It makes no goddamn sense. What weather would you like instead? What could possibly be nicer than an overcast, chilly day?

Do you honestly think that sunshine would be better? So that you can't go outside for more than a few minutes at a time? So that all the asphalt and concrete and metal gets hot, and every reflective surface glares in your eyes? Or would you rather it just outright rain, so that you have to deal with an umbrella or walk around in a damp hoodie, and get your shoes all wet if you want to go outside?

Seriously, when it's overcast and with a bit of breeze, you can barely tell the difference between being outside and inside, except that you might have to throw a jacket on. What the fuck is there to complain about that?

Heaven forbid I should desire some warm, sunny weather, be able to go for a bike ride without getting a chill, comfortably wear shorts.

-m

I am not angry at you.
Stinkychops

Postby Stinkychops » 21 Jul 2011, 09:49

Matt wrote:
Ottoman wrote:Okay, nothing personal Matt, but you reminded me of this - I am fucking sick and tired of people complaining about the weather being overcast or chilly. It makes no goddamn sense. What weather would you like instead? What could possibly be nicer than an overcast, chilly day?

Heaven forbid I should desire some warm, sunny weather, be able to go for a bike ride without getting a chill, comfortably wear shorts.

-m

Hey Matt. Not to be rude, but can I enquire whether you're doing anything about your weight issue?

I think you could be a great role model to your fanbase. Hell, make it a community activity. "The Matt from LRR Workout Program" or something.

It'd have the potential to help a fucktonne of people.
I'm kind of a big deal.
Matt
LRR Crew

Postby Matt » 21 Jul 2011, 09:51

currently training for a half-marathon. running four times a week, 40+km weekly mileage, cycling daily. doing a core strength program. trying to maintain a diet of around 17-1800cals a day (give or take).

Down 20 lbs. another 20 to go.

-m

I am not angry at you.
Stinkychops

Postby Stinkychops » 21 Jul 2011, 09:52

Matt wrote:currently training for a half-marathon. Down 20bs. another 20 to go.

-m

Great job.

Well, not to appear sarcastic or insecure but you have my full support and encouragement.

Personal improvement is the most admirable of qualities.

You addressing the Diet part of health?
I'm kind of a big deal.
Matt
LRR Crew

Postby Matt » 21 Jul 2011, 09:53

Stinkychops wrote:
Matt wrote:currently training for a half-marathon. Down 20bs. another 20 to go.

-m

Great job.

Well, not to appear sarcastic or insecure but you have my full support and encouragement.

Personal improvement is the most admirable of qualities.

You addressing the Diet part of health?

I edited that in above.

-m

I am not angry at you.
Stinkychops

Postby Stinkychops » 21 Jul 2011, 10:09

I was on a website which will remain nameless. I participated in a thread about me, while being called names. I tried to have a reasonable discussion and tried to keep things on topic - but was met by hostility.

Eventually when I weened it onto some actual discussion and not distractions and personal attacks the thread was locked.

I was called a troll by the staff and then mocked by another member of the staff who was drunk. She later edited her post but not before I could cap it.

I was so upset and offended that I had to come here and cry about it.
I'm kind of a big deal.
Valliac
First Video: Unskippable - Lost Planet

Postby Valliac » 21 Jul 2011, 10:13

Holy balls, it's hot outside.

Good thing I don't work today, because outside is evil right now. EVIL.
"Also known as a 'Trigger-operated EVERYONE deterrent'."
Streaming at: http://www.twitch.tv/Valliac

gcninja

Postby gcninja » 21 Jul 2011, 10:15

Stinkychops wrote:I was on a website which will remain nameless. I participated in a thread about me, while being called names. I tried to have a reasonable discussion and tried to keep things on topic - but was met by hostility.

Eventually when I weened it onto some actual discussion and not distractions and personal attacks the thread was locked.

I was called a troll by the staff and then mocked by another member of the staff who was drunk. She later edited her post but not before I could cap it.

EJ wrote:Lyinginbedmon, I'm looking forward to when Paul or Graham reset your & Elomin's post count back to zero. If you keep it up it's bound to happen =p

Noblesse Oblige
Buksvager!
Stinkychops

Postby Stinkychops » 21 Jul 2011, 10:17

gcninja wrote:
Stinkychops wrote:I was on a website which will remain nameless. I participated in a thread about me, while being called names. I tried to have a reasonable discussion and tried to keep things on topic - but was met by hostility.

I'm deeply offended by your use of the word retarded.

It's derogatory and mean spirited. I don't see any need for it!

Lucky we're in the venting thread. I'm so upset by your need to blindly defend your online pals that I could go outside and screen. My hands are shaking right now with rage!

Out of interest. Where am I wrong in my post?
I'm kind of a big deal.
Valliac

Postby Valliac » 21 Jul 2011, 10:31

Stinkychops wrote:I'm deeply offended by your use of the word retarded.

It's derogatory and mean spirited. I don't see any need for it!

Lucky we're in the venting thread. I'm so upset by your need to blindly defend your online pals that I could go outside and screen. My hands are shaking right now with rage!

Stinkychops

Postby Stinkychops » 21 Jul 2011, 10:36

I'm being trolled by being called a troll.

Heaven forbid someone come in, joke around and not kiss ass. He must be a troll!

LOL

MinionStarwind. What country do you live in? I wonder if you've even experienced heat which you couldn't just waddle away from (into an air-conditioned trailer-van)
I'm kind of a big deal.
auberginequeen
First Video: Rejected 'Get A Mac' Ads

Postby auberginequeen » 21 Jul 2011, 10:39

CLOUDS, Y U NO RAIN. :< It hasn't rained since before July! This is Canadaland, no heatwaves allowed! It says right here in the Canadian Temperature Regulation Act of 1875. I quote: "The temperature of Canada shall not exceed 30C."

Also when you're a shy person there's a sort of fine line between "coming off as shy" and "coming off as a stuck-up bitch." I'm afraid I might have crossed it with my future roommates.
Wraith
First Video: Canadian Approval Board

Postby Wraith » 21 Jul 2011, 10:45

Stinkychops wrote:I'm being trolled by being called a troll.

Heaven forbid someone come in, joke around and not kiss ass. He must be a troll!

LOL

MinionStarwind. What country do you live in? I wonder if you've even experienced heat which you couldn't just waddle away from (into an air-conditioned trailer-van)

I'm sorry, who are you? I mean, besides kind of a dick; who are you? I don't recall seeing you around here. But I'm sensing...what? Butt-hurt? Bitterness? Female forumite shoot you down? Time of the month? What?
-Wraith
Valliac

Postby Valliac » 21 Jul 2011, 10:45

auberginequeen wrote:CLOUDS, Y U NO RAIN. :< It hasn't rained since before July! This is Canadaland, no heatwaves allowed! It says right here in the Canadian Temperature Regulation Act of 1875. I quote: "The temperature of Canada shall not exceed 30C."

Wait, you've got a law against that? Do want.

Elomin Sha
First Video: Max Effect

Postby Elomin Sha » 21 Jul 2011, 10:50

Wraith wrote:
I'm sorry, who are you? I mean, besides kind of a dick; who are you? I don't recall seeing you around here. But I'm sensing...what? Butt-hurt? Bitterness? Female forumite shoot you down? Time of the month? What?

He comes from the DHI forum, which has a clone ED wiki. We have had some issues with them 3 weeks ago because of how they were being arseholes with their perceived 'clever comedy'. But we're ignoring them now.
The most unique, nicest, and confusing individual you will get to know. Don't be stupid around me, that's my job.
https://displate.com/elominsha/galleries
If you need art, I take commissions, PM me.

Return to “General Discussion”