Venting Thread Beta

Drop by and talk about anything you want. This is where all cheese-related discussions should go
empath
First Video: How to Talk Like a Pirate

Re: Venting Thread Beta

Postby empath » 23 Sep 2010, 18:00

Gollom wrote:How can people fail so hard at grocery shopping?

Ohhhh, don't get me started...:twisted:

It isn't a new or particularly difficult concept.

Well technically, for everyone it's a new concept at some point...but yeah; I figured out how to find out 'decode' the tags on the shelves for the grocery items (cans of mushrooms, e.g.) to tell how much something is...

...when I was NINE YEARS OLD, almost three decades ago. Why do you have to accost staff for every fucking item you come across, quest for fire boy?

You don't shove the cart off in a random direction while you run like a gibbering idiot at the raspberry display. You don't then spend five minutes infront of the display, carefully looking at each and every pint as though you're David Curuso and just waiting for the perfect zinger.

:lol: Nice.

You aren't even picking them up to check the ones on the bottom/sides you can't see. You just stare at them.

"They look, yet they do not see..." :roll:

Also, you don't park your cart on one side of a narrow isle, stand on the other side of that isle, and then hem and haw over which brand of sponge to buy, occassionally backing up into the tiny space between you and your cart. Don't give me a dirty look as I narrowly scrape by.

I just announce "Excuse me." and proceed at the risk of striking the oblivious bovine-esque shopper with my 'cattle catcher' cart - people need to remember that it's a public place and have a tiny bit of consideration for OTHER customers. I also hug the cart to the same side as me when I stop, and take pains to ensure that I'm providing clearance for others.

And, as someone else in the thread mentioned recently, don't use the self-checkout if you have a weeks worth of groceries! It will be faster and easier for everyone if you just use a regular checkout lane. Yes, the self-checkout can handle big loads. Alas, you are too stupid to figure out how to run a barcode by a scanner and put the object on the scales marked "Place items here".

Agreed; look around you - if the store is almost empty and there are more checkouts open than there are customers lined up, okay this might be a good time to learn how to use the self-checkout (one HAS to learn some time); but if there's a queue for even those? Don't bother.

Oh, and also: after you've checked out, don't park your cart at the end of the checkout and fuss with your bags for five minutes. I can't get by you, I need to pack my groceries. Now I have to get in the way of the people behind me as I pack my groceries, because I had to wait while you moved ONE turnip from one bag to the other. I guess they were too heavy, but you used the cart. Couldn't you have waited until you were at your car?!

Amen. TESTIFY, brother! If there's no one behind you, sure - take your time, but THINK about something/someone besides yourself!

Huh, thats a lot of vitriol over grocery shopping.

No. No, it's not. :twisted:

I think it all sums up (and even can be applied to many, MANY other places and occasions) to:

THINK ABOUT PEOPLE BESIDES YOURSELF, AND TRY TO BE EVEN REMOTELY CONSIDERATE TO THEM AND THEIR NEEDS.

I went to Arby's after,

You have my sympathies. :(

and it was pretty good. So that was a happy enough.

and the two hours later? Bathroom-free? Must be different food suppliers than for the Arby stores I've been to...
BennyBuns
First Video: How To Talk Like A Pirate

Postby BennyBuns » 23 Sep 2010, 20:19

TYPING ON A PSP WHILE DRUNK IS NOT POSSIBLE. JUST SAYIN
JustAName
First Video: Rapidfire I
Location: The Land of Unbearably Fashionable People and Lots of Cars

Postby JustAName » 23 Sep 2010, 23:44

Internet box in the basement went out. After trying everything to fix it for half an hour, no luck, the 'rents are asleep, and I'm in the kitchen jacking the neighbor's wireless, typing one-handed because I'm propping my laptop up on the edge of the sink. And I can't sit down or I'll lose the signal.
Alja-Markir wrote:Andy is the LRR Heart-throb.
Morgan is the LRR Crotch-throb.

And all I can do is read a book to stay awake. And it rips my life away, but it's a great escape.

Master Gunner
Defending us from The Dutch!

Postby Master Gunner » 25 Sep 2010, 09:56

Fucking....fuck...fuck.

I can't even deal with this well enough to vent properly.

Just take one of Mister Fiend's rants about idiotically conversing with exes.

Throw in Siobhan's earlier vent about otherwise strong people being locked into a cycle of abuse that they refuse to see or quit.

And mix well with Empath's earlier comments about how a "weak girl" is purely a mental construct, and with their back up against a wall, everyone is a deadly weapon.

Also, desk. Apply directly to the forehead.
Desk. Apply directly to the forehead.

Why did I have to choose such a poor end to an otherwise great day?
TheRocket wrote:Apparently the crotch area could not contain the badonkadonk area.
Twitter | Click here to join the Desert Bus Community Chat.
JustAName

Postby JustAName » 25 Sep 2010, 10:08

:( I have hugs and/or weapons for you. Your choice.

And all I can do is read a book to stay awake. And it rips my life away, but it's a great escape.

theDreamer
First Video: Quantum Documentary

Postby theDreamer » 25 Sep 2010, 10:39

Fayili wrote::( I have hugs and/or weapons for you. Your choice.

I only have both.

Luckily, I can multitask.
I can put my hands in my head, and I can laugh it in the face.
Drinnik
First Video: http://www.escapistmagazine.com/videos/v

Postby Drinnik » 25 Sep 2010, 10:56

tak197 wrote:Also, I'll say that 4 sprays sounds a little excessive, but for me, it's never 4 sprays directly onto myself, but I follow the SDW method: spray, delay, walk away. Not once have I ever had anyone tell me that I am wearing too much, but that's probably because it's diffused over my body.

I will say this though, working at a retail store and having the colognes and perfumes next to the registers SUCKS. People spray each one like 3 or 4 times onto a blotter card. That times 6 different scents equals "God, I can't breathe."

The thing with fragrances is that if you wear too much, people wonder what you're hiding. Maybe appeal to his self-consciousness by asking if he could cut back on it, or try using it like I described above with SDW. Maybe it's also an issue of the scent he's using isn't right for him.

I'm talking way too much about this aren't I?

I do about three sprays in the air to make a cloud and walk through it. I get just enough on and people always notice the smell, but because it's subtle, lean in closer. It's good if you are out looking for a "date".
dackwards d wrote:You'd think that anyone in the sciences would at least be open to experimentation.

Master Gunner
Defending us from The Dutch!

Postby Master Gunner » 25 Sep 2010, 11:59

Thanks. I just need to stop reaching back to the past and trying to fix things that are long broken. It only brings pain and misfortune, and I know that, but I keep doing it anyways. Even when you'd almost like to kill a person, if you cared for them once, it's hard not to have some feelings when they're in a bad situation. Ugh.

Why can't I be as sociopathic as I like to act? Life would be so much easier.

Ah well, onwards and upwards.
TheRocket wrote:Apparently the crotch area could not contain the badonkadonk area.
Twitter | Click here to join the Desert Bus Community Chat.
the amativeness
Location: America, where everyone sues everyone, always, for everything.

Postby the amativeness » 25 Sep 2010, 19:38

Master Gunner wrote:Also, desk. Apply directly to the forehead.

zA: How do I relax?
Evil Jim: Jerk off.
Frozengale: You know you're on the internet when Masturbation is the first suggestion.
korri
First Video: I honestly can't remember...

Postby korri » 25 Sep 2010, 20:39

AH! Those fracking head on comercials! Thank god they aren't on anymore!
Hello world, remember me? I'm the sad little fuck that you failed to see, who you should have recognized When you had the chance. Hello motherfuckers now its time to dance

my photos! => http://korrinn.deviantart.com
JustAName

Postby JustAName » 25 Sep 2010, 21:39

I know damn well that that cable was plugged into the "internet" slot and not "port 1" when I first found it, so don't treat me like a goddamn idiot and don't tell me not to move wires around when I didn't! Just because you work with computers and have years of networking experience doesn't mean I'm a complete imbecile when it comes to computers! You raised me for chrissakes! I know my way around a goddamn linksys box!

gcninja

Postby gcninja » 25 Sep 2010, 22:46

Fayili wrote: I know my way around a goddamn linksys box!

That is so hot...

JK JK

Fuck you french people. I deal with foreigners all day and you are the worst. Today i came up with the perfect simile for you "people". You are dogs. You bark at us in your language and expect us to understand. You are a domesticated animal who expects the world handed to you for free and when its not, you bite back. We'll your whole country needs to be euthanized. You all have the vocabulary of a 2 year old and it sounds the same MOSTLY GIBBERISH. Today is one of the only maybe two times in the FIVE YEARS i have dealt with you fucks that i wanted to throw food and yell at you to hurry up. We were one person short and you people are conversing about what to get because you don't know what it is. GET YOUR TOUR GUIDE WHO IS BILINGUAL! NO, instead of doing that or edging the next person on your back up the line with at least FIFTY people in it. Then later on, when im sitting there holding a scoop of potatoes to ask if youd like some, you are shooting shit with your friend when there TEN PEOPLE BEHIND YOU. I was tapping the floor so hard with my steel toe boots that it HURT but it stopped me from throwing the potatoes at you.

Today was just a bad day, and i don't know why. Im glad I get the next week off with an anime con or I'm pretty sure I'd commit a murder of 50.

edit: also, its shit like this http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=jigga2jones#p/u
that makes me lose faith in humanity. and the term "justifiable homicide" a necessity
EJ wrote:Lyinginbedmon, I'm looking forward to when Paul or Graham reset your & Elomin's post count back to zero. If you keep it up it's bound to happen =p

Noblesse Oblige
Buksvager!
CtMolloy

Postby CtMolloy » 26 Sep 2010, 06:01

receiving nasty abuse from a "friend" because your original metal band won't play covers at some likely to be dreadful house party for free really makes me angry.
Why should I lug my thousands of dollars worth of heavy equipment so you can spill beer all over it (if nothing worse happens)just to be treated like a jukebox filled with crappy songs I never heard of before. All for the fun of it.... :lol:

*grumble*
Maerarde
First Video: An ENN episode, forgot which

Postby Maerarde » 26 Sep 2010, 06:21

<insert vent here>

I don't really know why but today was really bad :?

I has cronic memory loss... i think?

Gahh my memory sucks.

*grumble*
My Little Pony <3

Q: How much wood would a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck could chuck wood?
A: Well a woodchuck would chuck as much wood as a woodchuck could chuck if a woodchuck could chuck wood.

www.1227.com = best
The Jester
First Video: The Truce

Postby The Jester » 27 Sep 2010, 04:11

It's not really a vent, per se, since I'm more disapointed than angry and my feelings can really be described as mild, not vitriolic. Still, there's no "mild disapointment" thread, so this will do. ;)

Got a new external hard-drive. It should have arived a week ago, but came today instead. :P
It is also missing a mains adapter that I can use. It does have an adapter. But not one that'll fit the plugs in.. all of England. Or the British Isles in general. :?
Come on, Trancend, package an adapter that your British market can use, eh? How hard would it be, really? :roll:
empath

Postby empath » 27 Sep 2010, 05:11

I think that is sufficient cause for venting, The Jester. :(

I have spent most of the morning in the bathroom (seems we missed something that went off in the fridge during the Igor-induced power outage), but I really can't tell if I'm in shape to work tonight or not...and if I do call in sick, I'd like to give them enough lead time to find someone to fill in for me. Image

Kinda ill feeling for the loss, man. :(
sdhonda
First Video: Fun With Microwaves

Postby sdhonda » 27 Sep 2010, 06:40

Although they have been coming ahead of schedule lately, most of the CD's I've been getting from Amazon have a crack or 5 on the case.

Come on guys, you know how to do it right. Replacing those things is annoying.
sdhonda
First Video: Fun With Microwaves

Postby sdhonda » 27 Sep 2010, 06:42

@Empath: Call him up, tell him your not feeling well but might be able to call in, and you'll let him know ASAP?
auberginequeen
First Video: Rejected 'Get A Mac' Ads

Postby auberginequeen » 27 Sep 2010, 10:56

Wtf, man?

So I was writing this lab report. There are two different lab weeks, each with their own set of data for this particular lab. I wanted to use the data from the other week as well as from my week in order to prove that the difference between the data for two of the variables was negligible.

I posted a question on the class forum asking if it would be okay if I did this. My instructor replied saying it was alright.

Fast forward to today. I finish writing my report and submit it to the online dropbox. I then go check the forums to see if there was anything else I should know about.

Turns out my instructor edited his post 15 minutes after writing it to say that I CAN'T use the data from the other week.

Well thanks a lot! Now what am I supposed to do? The lab is due in hard copy in an hour!

So I ended up editing my lab really quickly to cut out all references to the other week's data and submitted that in hard copy, then uploaded the edited version to the online drop box with a note telling them to disregard the other one. So now I have two files submitted for the assignment. I don't know how it's going to work out.

But ffs! The forum doesn't alert you when someone updates their post! He could have at least emailed me about it instead of editing it 15 minutes after I'd read it and gone back to work!

Grrrr!
Darkobra
First Video: ISC: Goat Penis

Postby Darkobra » 27 Sep 2010, 15:19

Well my back was thrown out. Couldn't answer my phone. Hooray you were worried about my health. You came to see how I was doing.

You sent the FLU-INFESTED MOTHERFUCKER to check up on me now giving ME the flu. Fuck off.
Lyinginbedmon wrote:You are clearly some form of incorporeal undead.
Like a vampire.
But with knives.
Whitmore
First Video: Fun with Microwaves

Postby Whitmore » 27 Sep 2010, 17:09

Oh, god dammit.

See, I've been trying to sign up to this one forum for about 2 years. But, for whatever reason, EVERY computer I try to register from nets me with "The Administrator has disabled registering". Which I know is bullshit, since there have been other sign ups recently - there is a little box that says "Newest Sign Up". I've even emailed the administrator, on 3 separate occasions!

So now I have to convince someone from another country to try and register me.

Bah-fucking-humbug.

little help?
The answer to everything is always tubes.
TheRocketSiobhan wrote:You:"He's the kind that completes me.. he is a best friend for life... that's what kind he is"
Hottie:"OMFG UR SEW IN TOUCH WITH FEELINGS. I WANT UR PENIS IN ME NOW"
The Jester
First Video: The Truce

Postby The Jester » 27 Sep 2010, 17:24

I'm just going round and round in circles refreshing the same three sites checking for updates instead of going to bed. I'm such a dumbass. :x
Ottoman

Postby Ottoman » 27 Sep 2010, 17:50

After starting a humour blog and linking to it on Facebook, I've realised that several of my 'Friends' are just enormous flaming asshats.
An engine that both consumes and creates malice.
tak197
Feito Com Fruta

Postby tak197 » 27 Sep 2010, 18:18

So I'm currently sitting in my living room lit with flashlights. This is the second time today that the power has gone out and so I am without internet and can't depend on my computer to be up because it only has a part charge. Turns out that with all the rain we have had today, branches fell on the feeder lines to my neighborhood even though my neighborhood's powerlines are UNDER THE MOTHERFUCKING GROUND!!!
empath

Postby empath » 27 Sep 2010, 18:45

sdhonda wrote:@Empath: Call h(er)im up, tell h(er)im your not feeling well but might be able to call in, and you'll let him know ASAP?

I'd had some lunch and felt a bit better, and just when I was thinking I had to make a decision one way or the other, the Deli Manager(Acting) called me to ask if I could work 4pm-10pm instead of 4-9; the evening deli clerk had already called in sick (in addition to someone else who thus used up the usual 'on call' clerk), so I'd cover her shift, the guy who would be in the canteen 4-8 would work my 4-9, and the girl in the canteen on 12-6 would work 12-8, and be alone during the supper rush.

For a monday it was a little busy; there's another deli clerk on 10-6 'over here' to help get the 4-10'er prepped with the big cold service case (salads, chinese food, entrees, etc), but he spent most of his time popping over to the canteen to help out with the customers over there (thankfully a little quiet on the deli side).

And then the 4-8'er who stepped into the evening chicken shift 4-9 decides to take his one single break at five p.m., leaving us suddenly with no replacement food in the canteen's hot case - it was quickly sold out of EVERYTHING.

And being under the weather, I was a little slow with my reactions; everyone else managed to cover this and that and something else before I could step up to help. :?

After the supper rush quieted down, it wasn't too bad, but I still had some mild stomach cramps and a general lethargy.

Got through the fairly quiet night, and then things turned shitty.

Have a leaky tire, and no inclination to fix it - I just stop by the nearby gas station and pump it up to proper pressure every three days or so. Well, I forgot to check the pressure before I got in the van, so I decided to stop by the gas station and check there.

I get out, get the 'sonic screwdriver' ;) and notice the usual bunch of cabs that essentially treat the 'around the corner' part of the gas station lot as their unofficial taxi stand - I sometimes have to park rather awkwardly to reach the air hose because of how some of the cabs will be parked.

By the time I've stepped around to the back-right tire, a girl has come from seemingly nowhere to tell me that the air hose is broken - someone broke off the nozzle. :roll: After checking the tire pressure - 17 psi :( - I grumble about vandals and walk around the van to get back in and...I dunno, just go home, find another gas station with air...whatever.

...and a cab just pulls RIGHT in front of my van - crosses the T, leaving about a foot between my bumper and his fender.

Well, combined with the ill feelings already, the 'feh!' day at work, and still feeling the after-effects of that fucking hurricane, something just snaps.

I start up the van, rev menacingly, pop it in reverse and fly back, spin the vehicle around and peel rubber out of the gas station, then calm down, easily throttle back to the legal limit (the road climbs a steep hill) and just go home.

And now I'm posting here.

But I will say this; all that rage seems to have killed off my lethargy and tummy ache. :mrgreen:

Although I may end up like this dude if I don't calm down...

Return to “General Discussion”