Mars just got a whole lot cooler

Drop by and talk about anything you want. This is where all cheese-related discussions should go
Evil Jim
First Video: Shake Your Hands

Re: Mars just got a whole lot cooler

Postby Evil Jim » 30 Aug 2010, 14:24

Fayili wrote:it's possible to imagine something, and it will exist somewhere, possibly even in our own universe.

This reminds me of something a friend postulated to me years ago & was my first exposure of the concept.
Jim's friend wrote:If the universe is infinite, then somewhere, your dreams are a reality.
Arius wrote:People were just so awestruck by your awesomeness that they became catatonic.
ThrashJazzAssassin wrote:BURN HIM! BURN THE HERETIC! DEATH TO ALL WHO SCORN THE AWESOMENESS OF EVIL JIM!
empath
First Video: How to Talk Like a Pirate

Postby empath » 30 Aug 2010, 14:48

The Jester wrote:I wasn't aware this was a dating site? -.^

Dude, where have you been?

Wraith & TRS

Lyinginbedminn

at least two other couples I know of who hooked up through here...
Whitmore
First Video: Fun with Microwaves

Postby Whitmore » 30 Aug 2010, 17:29

Emperor Gum wrote:Oh snap.

Rule number one, Whitmore. If you're going to berate someone's spelling or grammar, yours must be perfect.

No, it doesn't. In fact that undermines the point of what I was trying to say.

Perfection in grammar, spelling and, most especially, punctuation is something to strive for; expertise doesn't come immediately.

I prefer to think of my approach as the "Points for Trying!" system.
The answer to everything is always tubes.
TheRocketSiobhan wrote:You:"He's the kind that completes me.. he is a best friend for life... that's what kind he is"
Hottie:"OMFG UR SEW IN TOUCH WITH FEELINGS. I WANT UR PENIS IN ME NOW"
Sheri_Now
First Video: Pull Yourself Together

Postby Sheri_Now » 31 Aug 2010, 01:52

Fayili wrote:
Sheri_Now wrote:
Fayili wrote:I... this... *whimper*. The color and the lack of anything remotely resembling proper grammar, punctuation, or spelling hurts inside.

You know the many universes concept, right? If you can think of it, it exists somewhere, in some universe? If it's in some universe, why not our own? There are many ways for things that seem to have intent behind them to be merely random products of nature. The reason the continents are shaped the way they are today is a direct result of such a process, and it is by no means inconceivable to think that erosion caused this shape.

great.. another chatspeaknazi (rolls exotic green eyes)

soo.. 'what' exactly do multiple universes have todo with ground erosion??
n what universe r U from? lol

Sorry if I came off as being a little too vehement. It's just something that bugs me a lot. What I was intending to say is that it's possible to imagine something, and it will exist somewhere, possibly even in our own universe. Perhaps it was a bad way of trying to explain the idea in my head. I just figure that if there are reasons to explain something, I am not going to discount them for the most part. It may be naturally made, or artificially.

As a side note, why mention the color of your eyes? And describe them as exotic? Are you *really* here to pick up guys? Because from your attitudes, I'd assume you wouldn't like what you'd find here. That's just my assumption, though.

i'm sorry if it bugs u, hon.. it's just the way i write. if it's any consolation, i type with 2 fingers too

in reply ur side note: because my eyes R exotic n green lol
but no, i'm not at all here to pick up guys.. altho that does tend to happen sometimes lol
(just ask Evil Jim ;))
Whitmore

Postby Whitmore » 31 Aug 2010, 04:58

I like you, Sheri.

Your writing might be a tad too unorthodox for my unforgiving eyes, but you take no guff from any man or woman.

I can dig that.
TheRocketSiobhan wrote:You:"He's the kind that completes me.. he is a best friend for life... that's what kind he is"
Lord Chrusher
Can't Drink Possible Beers
First Video: Door to Door

Postby Lord Chrusher » 31 Aug 2010, 05:10

In my professional opinion what you are seeing are gullies on the side of a valley.
We are all made of star dust. However we are also made of nuclear waste.
Remember to think before you post.
Sheri_Now

Postby Sheri_Now » 31 Aug 2010, 05:11

empath wrote:
Emperor Gum wrote:
Bananafish wrote:i wish I had thought of this gimmick; goddamn

I think we should all start. We can call ourselves the colours and everyone one can be the whites. Wait.

Oh, YES; I absoutely love this idea!

/forum in-joke

Sheri? All you're doing is giving them more ammunition to dismiss this as another instance of Pareidolia. Without further verifiable evidence (which I totally understand being withheld for your own reasons), you are NOT going to 'convert' anyone around here.

I, for one, am on the fence - I'm a skeptic about 'Captain God Rock', but I'm also skeptical about the 'natural erosion' conclusion. I have insufficient information to come to a decision myself, so I remain undecided. And, to be totally honest, unmoved.

Seriously, this is just a little less interesting than The Man In The Moon...or is it a rabbit? Or a woman's profile? Or a face? Or a person carrying a bundle of sticks over their shoulders?

Now THAT is thought-provoking; giving multiple possibilities!

i appreciate what ur saying, luv.. but i'm really not here to convince anyone of anything.

that being said, since i 'have' been in on this project for over a year, n heard many theories, both pro n con, when i read something here that's based on assumption, misinformation, or flawed logic, i feel compelled to comment on it.

Dead Last is actually part of an interrelated artistic community that spans the United States n parts of Europe. right now, we believe the best theories regarding what we're looking at r relegated to the realm of qualified visual artists, meaning people possessing a highly trained eye with a thorough understanding of anatomy, proportion, realism, relief sculpting, etc. Stone is held in the highest esteem by this group and would qualify as an expert.
this doesn't mean the Martian figure was created by an intelligence or otherwise.. we still have much to learn about it.

but if u want something 'thought-provoking'.. why not just imagine Sheri seductively walking toward u in the light of a full moon like an exotic wild panther approaching her prey? lol
empath

Postby empath » 31 Aug 2010, 06:32

Sheri_Now wrote:but if u want something 'thought-provoking'.. why not just imagine Sheri seductively walking toward u in the light of a full moon like an exotic wild panther approaching her prey? lol

Why not? Probably because my wife is far more personally satisfying than any other person in existence. :mrgreen:

Seriously, thank you for the overture, but it's not necessary.
Zyxst

Postby Zyxst » 31 Aug 2010, 06:42

Sheri_Now wrote:
but if u want something 'thought-provoking'.. why not just imagine Sheri seductively walking toward u in the light of a full moon like an exotic wild panther approaching her prey? lol

Sheri_Now

Postby Sheri_Now » 31 Aug 2010, 06:45

Whitmore wrote:I like you, Sheri.

Your writing might be a tad too unorthodox for my unforgiving eyes, but you take no guff from any man or woman.

I can dig that.

thank u 4 the kind words, hon :D

n just between us.. Sheri kinda likes u2 ;)
Sheri_Now

Postby Sheri_Now » 31 Aug 2010, 07:00

Lord Chrusher wrote:In my professional opinion what you are seeing are gullies on the side of a valley.

may i ask what ur job description is, n if ur opinion is based on NASA's close-up images?

also, any further information u can add regarding this region of Mars would be welcomed
Whitmore

Postby Whitmore » 31 Aug 2010, 07:12

Zyxst wrote:
Sheri_Now wrote:

Oh, you fucking win.

Empath, make a winners-cup-of-hot-beverage for Zyxst.
empath

Postby empath » 31 Aug 2010, 07:15

That's my girl! :D
Sheri_Now

Postby Sheri_Now » 31 Aug 2010, 07:21

empath wrote:
Sheri_Now wrote:but if u want something 'thought-provoking'.. why not just imagine Sheri seductively walking toward u in the light of a full moon like an exotic wild panther approaching her prey? lol

Why not? Probably because my wife is far more personally satisfying than any other person in existence. :mrgreen:

Seriously, thank you for the overture, but it's not necessary.

congrats on a happy marriage, hon
now go bring her home some flowers, ya cheapskate lol
Sheri_Now

Postby Sheri_Now » 31 Aug 2010, 07:28

Zyxst wrote:
Sheri_Now wrote:

"skank"?
if that's a pic of U in ur little avatar, i really needn't do any further damage lol

.. but tnx 4 playin, birdrop lol
Sheri_Now

Postby Sheri_Now » 31 Aug 2010, 07:47

empath wrote:That's my girl! :D

hmmm.. so, just so i've got this right..
ur WIFE is a skank? or do u have a daughter?
Chfan

Postby Chfan » 31 Aug 2010, 07:58

Sheri_Now wrote:
Whitmore wrote:G'day to Sheri, and all in this thread.

I'd like to share with you a quote from a fine, and most keen, gentleman by the name of Joesph Robertson:

"The art of punctuation is of infinite consequence in writing; as it contributes to the perspicuity, and consequently to the beauty, of every composition."

Ahh. Doesn't everything just feel prettier, now?

not withstanding some of the great works throughout the centuries which enjoyed considerable literary license, i might agree with Mr. Robertson.. particularly if this were a term paper or postdoctoral thesis. but it isn't.
my content is substantive.. my responses have been honest, n tho my form of writing may 'annoy' certain members of this group, i don't believe i've had any problem making myself understood.

while the dissenters among u r busy re-writing the 1st amendment, why not also BAN musical compositions such as the Beatles' "I Wanna Be Your Man", the Stones' "Gimme Shelter", or Fats Domino's "A Whole Lotta Lovin'"?

just to restate what's already been said.. i'm a professional ROCK MUSICIAN, which by its very definition is non-conforming. this is who 'i' am.. pink included.
i'm not a reg here.. i'm not competing in a spelling bee, n what everyone seems to be up in arms about is my use of a foreign language apparently unknown to u, called 'chatspeak'.

yes.. i'm a foreigner here. ur admonishing someone who's in this forum for the 1st time to answer questions, because she has an accent n dresses funny. i wonder if u display the same dogmatic intolerance outside ur little box.
but, at least U were polite about it lol

n in case it's still not blatantly obvious.. Magua understands English verriwell

btw.. did u mean "Joseph Robertson"?

No. No. You don't get to be righteously indignant about this. It's not part of the first amendment that nobody can complain about the way you talk. We have said nothing about the way you dress, nothing about your "accent." We are not "intolerant." We aren't unfamiliar with chatspeak. And we're not trying to censor you or ban what you're saying, so stop acting like you're some misunderstood victim.

We're telling you that this is how this works in these forums- people talk in complete sentences, with spelling, punctuation, and grammar, and not in colors that make it hard on the eyes. If you want to talk like that, for the sake of "nonconformism," that's fine, but don't expect us not to call you out on your bullshit. Talking in chat speak is annoying to read and makes it more of a chore to read what you say. The same goes for the pink.

In the end, you're getting up in arms about us telling you how things work here. So stop trying to play the victim.
Well, hallo there.
Sheri_Now

Postby Sheri_Now » 31 Aug 2010, 08:10

Chfan wrote:
Sheri_Now wrote:
Whitmore wrote:G'day to Sheri, and all in this thread.

I'd like to share with you a quote from a fine, and most keen, gentleman by the name of Joesph Robertson:

"The art of punctuation is of infinite consequence in writing; as it contributes to the perspicuity, and consequently to the beauty, of every composition."

Ahh. Doesn't everything just feel prettier, now?

not withstanding some of the great works throughout the centuries which enjoyed considerable literary license, i might agree with Mr. Robertson.. particularly if this were a term paper or postdoctoral thesis. but it isn't.
my content is substantive.. my responses have been honest, n tho my form of writing may 'annoy' certain members of this group, i don't believe i've had any problem making myself understood.

while the dissenters among u r busy re-writing the 1st amendment, why not also BAN musical compositions such as the Beatles' "I Wanna Be Your Man", the Stones' "Gimme Shelter", or Fats Domino's "A Whole Lotta Lovin'"?

just to restate what's already been said.. i'm a professional ROCK MUSICIAN, which by its very definition is non-conforming. this is who 'i' am.. pink included.
i'm not a reg here.. i'm not competing in a spelling bee, n what everyone seems to be up in arms about is my use of a foreign language apparently unknown to u, called 'chatspeak'.

yes.. i'm a foreigner here. ur admonishing someone who's in this forum for the 1st time to answer questions, because she has an accent n dresses funny. i wonder if u display the same dogmatic intolerance outside ur little box.
but, at least U were polite about it lol

n in case it's still not blatantly obvious.. Magua understands English verriwell

btw.. did u mean "Joseph Robertson"?

No. No. You don't get to be righteously indignant about this. It's not part of the first amendment that nobody can complain about the way you talk. We have said nothing about the way you dress, nothing about your "accent." We are not "intolerant." We aren't unfamiliar with chatspeak. And we're not trying to censor you or ban what you're saying, so stop acting like you're some misunderstood victim.

We're telling you that this is how this works in these forums- people talk in complete sentences, with spelling, punctuation, and grammar, and not in colors that make it hard on the eyes. If you want to talk like that, for the sake of "nonconformism," that's fine, but don't expect us not to call you out on your bullshit. Talking in chat speak is annoying to read and makes it more of a chore to read what you say. The same goes for the pink.

In the end, you're getting up in arms about us telling you how things work here. So stop trying to play the victim.

take a hike, stubby lol
Master Gunner
Defending us from The Dutch!
First Video: How To Talk Like A Pirate

Postby Master Gunner » 31 Aug 2010, 08:12

I simply refuse to read your posts, Sheri, because they strain my eyes, which causes me pain even before I can make out the actual content and composition of the posts. It is a longstanding policy of mine to not read or view anything that's potentially damaging to my eyes, so I cannot read what you have to say, no matter what it may be.

I may be going blind eventually, but I see no reason to speed up the process, much less give myself splitting headaches while doing so.
TheRocket wrote:Apparently the crotch area could not contain the badonkadonk area.
Twitter | Click here to join the Desert Bus Community Chat.
Chfan

Postby Chfan » 31 Aug 2010, 08:43

No. There are legitimate times when peoples' freedom of speech was impeded and you're co-opting that to defend your stupid way of talking on some forum. That kind of makes you like Glenn Beck, in a sense.
Well, hallo there.
Master Gunner
Defending us from The Dutch!
First Video: How To Talk Like A Pirate

Postby Master Gunner » 31 Aug 2010, 08:45

Please, no. Do not bring Glenn Beck into this.
TheRocket wrote:Apparently the crotch area could not contain the badonkadonk area.
Twitter | Click here to join the Desert Bus Community Chat.
Chfan

Postby Chfan » 31 Aug 2010, 08:53

Well, that is what she's doing. Co-opting a real struggle for a nonexistent one.
Well, hallo there.
Sheri_Now

Postby Sheri_Now » 31 Aug 2010, 09:22

Master Gunner wrote:I simply refuse to read your posts, Sheri, because they strain my eyes, which causes me pain even before I can make out the actual content and composition of the posts. It is a longstanding policy of mine to not read or view anything that's potentially damaging to my eyes, so I cannot read what you have to say, no matter what it may be.

I may be going blind eventually, but I see no reason to speed up the process, much less give myself splitting headaches while doing so.

please know that i don't mean to diminish ur visual problem in any way, n i certainly don't want to contribute to it.. but if u 'should' care to read what i write, it's very easy to left click ur mouse n run ur cursor over my text, which will turn it white.

in the alternative, u can also copy n paste it into any text file so it can be clearly seen in black n white

ps.. u can skip the last few posts lol
Sheri_Now

Postby Sheri_Now » 31 Aug 2010, 09:33

Chfan wrote:No. There are legitimate times when peoples' freedom of speech was impeded and you're co-opting that to defend your stupid way of talking on some forum. That kind of makes you like Glenn Beck, in a sense.

if u want to get technical, U r attacking my 'freedom of expression'.. get a life
Chfan

Postby Chfan » 31 Aug 2010, 09:40

I'm not attacking anything. We're telling you that it's annoying for you to write like that and on the forums we'd prefer you to write like everyone else does so that discussion goes smoother.
Well, hallo there.

Return to “General Discussion”